Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720408 times)

DillsDarts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -22
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #4440 on: September 19, 2022, 07:02:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure I'm set with my new 54 Conicals however I just had some 56 radial fulls and these wheels were so massive I kept getting hurt on them.

Doing some research I found the contact patch on the 56 Radial Fulls was something like 26 compared to my current 20-21 on the Conicals.

I don't see Radial Fulls in the lineup anymore and for good reason probably

Radial fulls were and are the truth… Tre flips are damn near impossible with those wide bastards & ace 55’s (I just suck at that fucking trick) but damn, the Toronto crust felt like a joke for once with those… Honestly loved those wheels & going back to conical fulls / 58 & 60 OG classics they feel squirrelly compared to the radial fulls. Canadian roads are shit & we need those wide bastards, look how wide of wheels Nick bosiero skates
'Offensive career gets one do over, last attitude gets two tries. Cariuma riders have a bigger margin for error but will ultimately be decided by the referee'.
[/quote]

logjammin

• Rep: 346
« Reply #4441 on: September 19, 2022, 12:41:11 PM »
I sure hope the radial fulls don't go away, I'm still riding my 58mm that are probably 56-57mm by now and they're such a fucking bad ass wheel.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4442 on: September 19, 2022, 04:30:14 PM »
Expand Quote

they replaced my set of wheels and i live in poland, but that was about 3-4 years ago
[close]

Same is Spain, opened a thread and someone from DLX contact me. After sending an email to DLX someone from the distribution in Spain offered me a replacement set without problem or showing any receipt, just pictures.

Glad things got sorted for most people.

I do wonder how much more they have had issues from the "wobbly wheel" mold as it seems like something went wrong in the last year or so and has caused a bit of a headache for them.

I sure hope the radial fulls don't go away, I'm still riding my 58mm that are probably 56-57mm by now and they're such a fucking bad ass wheel.

I have always lived by the theory that there are standard lines and then there is everything else, so given the Radial Full is not a standard line, buy any and all you can if you like them, cause just like Classic Full shapes I stocked up on, there doesn't seem to be any of those around and I am glad I got enough of them when I did.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #4443 on: September 19, 2022, 04:48:00 PM »
I hit up Spitfire customer service on the advice of @Mbrimson88 not too long ago. I had a set of horribly wobbly F4 OG Classics 55mm. They asked for a video, confirmed the gnarly wobbles, and then sent a replacement set.  Since then I’ve had 1 additional set of the Wobbly F4 OG Classics 52mm. This one was a gift so, not much I could do.

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #4444 on: September 19, 2022, 06:02:40 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm pretty sure I'm set with my new 54 Conicals however I just had some 56 radial fulls and these wheels were so massive I kept getting hurt on them.

Doing some research I found the contact patch on the 56 Radial Fulls was something like 26 compared to my current 20-21 on the Conicals.

I don't see Radial Fulls in the lineup anymore and for good reason probably
[close]

Radial fulls were and are the truth… Tre flips are damn near impossible with those wide bastards & ace 55’s (I just suck at that fucking trick) but damn, the Toronto crust felt like a joke for once with those… Honestly loved those wheels & going back to conical fulls / 58 & 60 OG classics they feel squirrelly compared to the radial fulls. Canadian roads are shit & we need those wide bastards, look how wide of wheels Nick bosiero skates

Yeah, they felt like riding monster truck wheels (in good and bad ways). Ended up being too wide for me. Check out 56mm Dragons. Handle crust way better than 56mm Radial Fulls, and without the extra weight.

Are people able to run 58mm OG classics without risers? Been wanting to check them out for a while now.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

DERBY

• Rep: 270
« Reply #4445 on: September 19, 2022, 06:16:03 PM »
the radial fulls on af1s manage to feel clumsy yet stable. best wheel to me might be 60mm classics. especially once it reaches 57-58mms 

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4446 on: September 21, 2022, 06:36:54 PM »

Compared to what is in the catalog and various new products, it still amazes me with all the other wheels Spitfire has out, be it just regular / older shapes, sizes, or other more unique versions of wheels I hadn't seen before, like these ones.

I know it was said by someone that the "Lil Smokies" are actually re cut wheels shaped down from other more normal options that for whatever reason just didn't work or were poured incorrectly, so it is understandable that they will not be in catalogs, but for anyone in Australia that wants some small and different wheels, these are new in stock, along with some normal Conical Full 58mm in 99 and 101 duro, the Carlyle 58 and 60mm 97 duro Conical Full, Classics in 50mm and lots of others that seem to be out of stock elsewhere, or that people have said they are trying to find.

https://www.kickpush.com.au/spitfire-lil-smokies-swirl-f4-99d-51mm-skateboard

DERBY

« Reply #4447 on: September 23, 2022, 05:16:48 PM »
the moment spitfire ever drops either a 60mm classic full or radial in 99d, it’s over

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4448 on: October 02, 2022, 11:21:55 AM »
I had to submit a warranty for a set of Radial Slims I bought. It’s the first time in almost 25 years of skating that I submitted a warranty claim. My bearings wouldn’t sit inside the hub on two wheels. The bearing separator was too wide. I contacted Cameron at DLX and he got back to me within a few hours. Within a few days the replacement wheels showed up. Unfortunately the same thing happened with the replacement wheels. I had a big brain moment though and kept the two good wheels from each set and sent back the two bad wheels from each set. Something tells me whatever mold they have for that wheel might be out of alignment or something. Anyways the quickness of the response and the customer service is exactly what I’d expect from DLX and further proves to me that they’re the best in skating
fuck you bama

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #4449 on: October 02, 2022, 11:50:42 AM »
I found a stone embedded into the side of my current set, took a bit to wiggle it out but I got it free.

Weird thing to find mid session

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #4450 on: October 02, 2022, 12:12:34 PM »

got a safety pin stuck in my wheel, pretty cool. was luckily able to pull it out without it breaking.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4451 on: October 02, 2022, 04:43:15 PM »

got a safety pin stuck in my wheel, pretty cool. was luckily able to pull it out without it breaking.

Spitfire Punk as @#$%!

DERBY

« Reply #4452 on: October 02, 2022, 06:24:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Spitfire Punk as @#$%!

1:39

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4453 on: October 02, 2022, 07:13:48 PM »
I had to submit a warranty for a set of Radial Slims I bought. It’s the first time in almost 25 years of skating that I submitted a warranty claim. My bearings wouldn’t sit inside the hub on two wheels. The bearing separator was too wide. I contacted Cameron at DLX and he got back to me within a few hours. Within a few days the replacement wheels showed up. Unfortunately the same thing happened with the replacement wheels. I had a big brain moment though and kept the two good wheels from each set and sent back the two bad wheels from each set. Something tells me whatever mold they have for that wheel might be out of alignment or something. Anyways the quickness of the response and the customer service is exactly what I’d expect from DLX and further proves to me that they’re the best in skating

Ok y'all got me convinced to setup my last set of Radial Slims
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4454 on: October 02, 2022, 09:06:52 PM »
97a that much smoother than 99 on Asphalt? Not flyover state crust asphalt, I'd say your normal parking lots at the slappy spot and the decent street in front of my house. Dragons gripping got pretty annoying.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4455 on: October 02, 2022, 09:13:38 PM »
I’d still pick 99s (or the dragons) in that scenario over the 97s, they can’t match the slides of either.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -768
« Reply #4456 on: October 02, 2022, 10:36:12 PM »
97a that much smoother than 99 on Asphalt? Not flyover state crust asphalt, I'd say your normal parking lots at the slappy spot and the decent street in front of my house. Dragons gripping got pretty annoying.

I’d still pick 99s (or the dragons) in that scenario over the 97s, they can’t match the slides of either.

How are the dragons grippy exactly? I'm just about to buy a pair.

Grippy on Tre flip scoops? Or grippy on slides ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #4457 on: October 02, 2022, 10:39:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

Tre flip scoop is fine, powerslides and reverts are also fine for me. Sidewalls grippy on grinds on certain surfaces (less porous concrete, metal edges, round rails etc), and sometimes also grippy on lip/nose/blunt/tailslides on certain ledges.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4458 on: October 03, 2022, 02:24:46 AM »

Were they the 54mm 99 duro ones from me?

At least they were from before pandemic dramas and all the current wheel issues, so I have no doubt they would be ok, but for anyone else stockpiling wheels from current drops, I would definitely be getting them out and checking they all fit bearings correctly.

The last thing I would want to have happen is however long down the track I think "Ok I can set up this last set or two I had saved for however long" only to find that one or more of the wheels had bearing seat issues. 

At least warranty claims are good within certain timeframes, especially if they are still new, but it is hard to return something that is from more than a few months ago, even if they are still unused, as new old stock is not covered under any normal warranty.

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #4459 on: October 03, 2022, 05:45:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

At least they were from before pandemic dramas and all the current wheel issues, so I have no doubt they would be ok, but for anyone else stockpiling wheels from current drops, I would definitely be getting them out and checking they all fit bearings correctly.

The last thing I would want to have happen is however long down the track I think "Ok I can set up this last set or two I had saved for however long" only to find that one or more of the wheels had bearing seat issues. 

At least warranty claims are good within certain timeframes, especially if they are still new, but it is hard to return something that is from more than a few months ago, even if they are still unused, as new old stock is not covered under any normal warranty.

Lol sounds like a twilight zone episode. Finally has all the time in the world to skate... But the bearing seats are defective.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 07:33:20 AM by FuzzGNU »
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4460 on: October 03, 2022, 11:41:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Tre flip scoop is fine, powerslides and reverts are also fine for me. Sidewalls grippy on grinds on certain surfaces (less porous concrete, metal edges, round rails etc), and sometimes also grippy on lip/nose/blunt/tailslides on certain ledges.

These are the surfaces I skate the most. My curb spots are usually red, sometimes dusty, and the wax doesn't always penetrate the paint so you get areas where it wears off. With Dragons I would dramatically slow down if I hit those.

At my house I have a portable concrete ledge, some parking blocks, quarter pipe, bank, and a manual pad with rounded steel coping. Dragons grabbed on all of those. The worst was fakie front nose/crooks. I'd be sliding/grinding, then slow super quick and fall off towards my bad ankle. The other stuff prob all kinda fine.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4461 on: October 03, 2022, 03:54:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Lol sounds like a twilight zone episode. Finally has all the time in the world to skate... But the bearing seats are defective.

Ha yeah for sure.

For all those hoarders that keep an endless supply of their favourite wheels, packaging mint, stored away, I would definitely be going through and checking those wheels.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4462 on: October 03, 2022, 07:25:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ha yeah for sure.

For all those hoarders that keep an endless supply of their favourite wheels, packaging mint, stored away, I would definitely be going through and checking those wheels.

@Mbrimson88 - yeah I'm planning on setting the ones you passed me, not the recent drop of Radial Slims.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4463 on: October 20, 2022, 07:00:20 PM »

Seems we are past due for another Spitfire drop, so Spring Drop 2 should be up soon I am thinking.

https://www.spitfirewheels.com/

Chris Pfanner's video up there is pretty cool.

I also feel like it has been a minute since getting more stock for a lot of shops here in AU, but I imagine all those current wheels aren't far off now for us too.

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #4464 on: October 26, 2022, 12:21:48 AM »
new spitfire drop up on the site

56mm radials
97a radial fulls

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
« Reply #4465 on: October 26, 2022, 01:43:12 AM »
Dang, so there are 9 shapes in F4 now lol?

Curious about what the riding surface is for radial full 56s.

Normal radials are 21.5 mm and conical full are 25mm so somewhere in between I guess. 23mm?

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 638
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #4466 on: October 26, 2022, 01:54:15 AM »

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4467 on: October 26, 2022, 02:09:52 AM »
Oshit that was quick and they are wider than expected. Are they dropping the OG radials? since there's still 8 shapes on that

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #4468 on: October 26, 2022, 02:19:02 AM »
Classic
Classic full
Conical
Conical full
Radial slim
Radial
Radial full
Tablet
OG classics
Lock in

Not to forget
Classic slims but I haven’t seen those in a spell p

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4469 on: October 26, 2022, 02:33:40 AM »
Ha, I've never even heard of the classic slims. Must look like a street bike tire version of a skate wheel. 15 mm riding surface on a 56 lol?