Author Topic: Shane O'Neill on DC  (Read 73336 times)

Hold The Tomatos

Re: Shane O'Neill is....
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2010, 08:59:03 AM »
by no means am I a fan of DC shoes, nor have I been for quite some time, but if people are complaining about how lame they are, then why be upset if they're making changes and adding great names to their team? The people at DC obviously understand they need to bulk up their pro team and hopefully with more additions (like nugget if this is true) their footwear/image will improve and maybe a resurrection of a 2000 era DC will become a reality with new blood?

duffmanshredder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2010, 08:59:10 AM »
Can't see it happening, he just fits in too well at Nike.  I don't think the dude would leave the company that brought him to America, just for some more dough.
it's not fantasizing if it really happened.  your gay as fuck for even thinkin about them havin sex u fagit

thugnificent

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2010, 09:43:47 AM »
i dont think theres any way for dc to be poppin again ever, unless they change their logo cuz nobody wants to see that ish on their shoes

BriDen

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2010, 10:15:15 AM »
This is all Tony Hawk's fault.

eames1

• Rep: 4
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2010, 10:44:13 AM »
This is all Tony Hawk's fault.

nope...

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2010, 11:15:37 AM »
by no means am I a fan of DC shoes, nor have I been for quite some time, but if people are complaining about how lame they are, then why be upset if they're making changes and adding great names to their team? The people at DC obviously understand they need to bulk up their pro team and hopefully with more additions (like nugget if this is true) their footwear/image will improve and maybe a resurrection of a 2000 era DC will become a reality with new blood?

For me it does not really matter who their riders are, I like quite a few of their current riders. Just cant stand the brand itself.

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2010, 11:42:50 AM »
i hope not!

dc will never get its old image back, not with rally, fmx, snowboarding, huge logos on fat teenagers and an entire team of people milking it.

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

Hold The Tomatos

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2010, 12:12:13 PM »
i hope not!

dc will never get its old image back, not with rally, fmx, snowboarding, huge logos on fat teenagers and an entire team of people milking it.

very true indeed, although i don't agree with you about the team. Nick Dompiere and Kalis are far from milking it

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2010, 12:24:02 PM »
Nick Dompiere and Kalis are far from milking it

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2010, 12:41:58 PM »
this thread title suggests homosexuality. "nugget on" would be less ambiguous
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2010, 12:42:17 PM »
Im guessing that if he does go to DC he will probably be off SkateMental shortly after.

cadzukes.

« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2010, 01:46:15 PM »
isn't the dream to be pro and have your own pro model shoe, it would be better for him to get a pro shoe rather than be 1 guy in a 100 man team.  Either way I don't believe this.

blatablatblau

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -51
  • smurfs up
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2010, 02:15:51 PM »
Im guessing that if he does go to DC he will probably be off SkateMental shortly after.

SkateMental seems like sucha cool company, but how often do you even see a kid riding em?

frenchtoast

• Rep: -55
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2010, 02:41:33 PM »
nike seems like they are doing it right i dont think shane deserves a shoe quite yet and thats what nike is probably saying in due time he will get his shoe i am sure, if nike was in it for the money they will definitely give shane a shoe asap because he is the most marketable kid in skateboarding at the moment

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2010, 03:08:12 PM »

How in thee fuck, do you improve the image of this?
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

hekkahyphy

« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2010, 04:09:06 PM »
Sometimes I forget skatemental exists. Such an awesome company but where are they

FigsyLeBon

• Rep: -10
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2010, 04:21:22 PM »
Sometimes I forget skatemental exists. Such an awesome company but where are they

I actually thought Skatemental was just one of crailtap's little in-jokes a few years back, and not a real company at all. like "Mo's not cutting it so we're putting him on skatemental" kind of thing. I know it sounds stupid, but for some reason that was the impression I got
Quote from: My penis is on my forehead
damn fam.... yall dont want it with Kalis

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2010, 04:37:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I actually thought Skatemental was just one of crailtap's little in-jokes a few years back, and not a real company at all. like "Mo's not cutting it so we're putting him on skatemental" kind of thing. I know it sounds stupid, but for some reason that was the impression I got

Skatemental hasn't been a part of crailtap for awhile.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2010, 04:38:54 PM »

i've only seen them at one skateshop that carries skatemental which is valsurf in the san fernando valley, but other than that i haven't seen em any where!

i can see nugget on plan b if he leaves skatemental
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

ster

• Rep: -13
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2010, 05:05:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i've only seen them at one skateshop that carries skatemental which is valsurf in the san fernando valley, but other than that i haven't seen em any where!

i can see nugget on plan b if he leaves skatemental
i'm starting to see skate mental show up more these days

hekkahyphy

« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2010, 05:11:54 PM »
Although this topics a rumor, thatd probably be how it goes down. On DC then plan b soon after. Mental needs to make itself knwn

NOTjimmyastelford

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2010, 05:15:35 PM »
it doesnt matter if people actually buy the boards, its fucking nike skateboards they'll probably be alright...And ya it may be every kids dream to get a shoe, but lets be honest are you gonna pick the nike shoe or some dirty ass dc's, and people saying if he goes to dc he's gonna "run things", again who the fuck wants to run shit at dc, He may be "1 guy in a 100 man team" but as far as nikes concerned I'm sure he's one of the most valuable dudes they have, besides p-rod of course, And realistically it would only make sense that he's next in line for a pro shoe, only other dude I could think would be maybe BA
I'm going to the one in Ontario. I got invented or else I wouldn't go.

crailtap fakie

• Rep: -31
  • yeah bro!
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2010, 06:03:05 PM »
Either way. In my book Skate Mental and Fourstar are still skater owned and legit companies. If he stays with them i think he still will have some crdibillity. And if he gets a little more cash at DC and a shoe then who cares. And he skates so I don't see him getting lost in any shuffle. Dc and Nike both suck. Doesn't most big companies suck in some way? I just bought his thunder truck so i'm going into this topic biased.

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2010, 08:21:44 PM »
Oh yeah, I heard from same source that Nugget is head to toe DC, meaning apparel and footwear, which leaves him off Fourstar as well.  I can see him joining his bff's P-Rod and Torey on Plan-B and then falling into obscurity....
Get litty.....

BriDen

« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2010, 08:23:57 PM »
it doesnt matter if people actually buy the boards, its fucking nike skateboards they'll probably be alright...

Yeah, cuz nike is known for keeping stuff around that doesn't make any money.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2010, 09:17:11 PM »
Oh yeah, I heard from same source that Nugget is head to toe DC, meaning apparel and footwear, which leaves him off Fourstar as well.  I can see him joining his bff's P-Rod and Torey on Plan-B and then falling into obscurity....

PJ left fourstar for DC apparel too right? If he does leave skate mental, then maybe They'll add Dan Plunkett to the pro squad. Since it's just Staba, Beach, Motta and Shane right now.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2010, 12:14:43 AM »
Soon enough, Shane will be wearing these:

http://www.zappos.com/dc-royal-wild-dove-soft-lime

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

NOTjimmyastelford

« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2010, 12:24:41 AM »
puke, i hope he's not regular

and yes i know money is money but fuck off he's not poor at nike
I'm going to the one in Ontario. I got invented or else I wouldn't go.

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2010, 12:43:59 AM »
Soon enough, Shane will be wearing these:

http://www.zappos.com/dc-royal-wild-dove-soft-lime

Goddamn how fucking terrible is DC?  Can't they tell they are so behind the times?  They make 1 shoe (the Tonik) that basically the entire team skates, yet instead of making shoes that are similar to it and relevant, they push shit like this Dyrdek high top strappy puke bullshit.  Seriously DC are you trying to destroy what miniscule amount of skateboard respect you have left?  The only reason I give them any respect is because of shoes like the Howard, Stevie, and Kalis models from the late 90s/earlys 2000s.  But they keep this shit up and I'll forget how rad those shoes were and write them the fuck off....
Get litty.....

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • https://vimeo.com/user36500511
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2010, 12:52:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How in thee fuck, do you improve the image of this?

fresh talent and then you just start making better shoes. dvs is doin a pretty good job...