Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 721391 times)

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5760 on: August 29, 2019, 02:49:00 PM »
Spent like an hour typing some words and getting links to start a thread about pros with last parts in more than one video. Then I get tired of hearing my own thoughts and decided not to. I saved my draft so I might trim it down and post later. I always like to share my personal thoughts/memories and was doing just that in regards to the videos but when I hit the 2nd page in word I was like what the fuck am I doing? The majority of what I wrote was about my first time seeing the videos and had nothing to do with the people the subject is supposed to be on!

Stoked because it’s an interesting subject and I like to write and will probably re-work it.
Not stoked because I can’t just encapsulate the fucking topic and wasted an hour at work.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 02:53:36 PM by 50mm »

Noble Experiment

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #5761 on: August 29, 2019, 11:32:59 PM »
Not having a car sucks at times, but boy is not having a car a great excuse for when I would rather just relax at home instead of going out to hang with friends and not look like a dick for actually not wanting to go.
"I'd go and all, and I REALLY want to, but I have no ride there and don't have too much cash left on my card for an Uber, my bad guys".
Only time it backfires is when a friend says "dude, no problem, I'll swing by and come get you", but my friends are usually such sticklers on giving people rides that that almost never happens.

AssFea

• Rep: 3
« Reply #5762 on: August 31, 2019, 09:16:03 PM »
I live in a legal state

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #5763 on: September 01, 2019, 10:28:33 PM »
Have to start with the not stoked for the stoked to work out. But I’ve known for roughly a month and a half that I’m out of a job starting October, regardless of what I can do.

But after a week of panic and anxiety I started hunting around and heard back today about a really good role and now I’m into third stage interviews which has me stoked out

Edit: Further into this, i got my official notification that my position is being eliminated, but in saying that i received two offers for jobs in the same breath that could be more beneficial 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 07:46:30 PM by Paco Supreme »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #5764 on: September 02, 2019, 03:12:22 AM »
Have to start with the not stoked for the stoked to work out. But I’ve known for roughly a month and a half that I’m out of a job starting October, regardless of what I can do.

But after a week of panic and anxiety I started hunting around and heard back today about a really good role and now I’m into third stage interviews which has me stoked out

Kill it, my dude!

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #5765 on: September 04, 2019, 01:10:31 AM »
The love of my life has gone back school to become a fashion designer which I'm so stoked and proud for her. But it also means we have little to none time for us for the next four years or so...

...It gives me time to focus on my own stuff tho which is good too I guess...

Feeling a little conflicted, blue and directionless...

I've been here before like you. We've seen how these things end up. Could we be the exception to the rule? Do we have the time and the effort for us and is it worth saving too?

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #5766 on: September 05, 2019, 06:40:17 PM »

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #5767 on: September 06, 2019, 05:05:14 AM »
been close to 5 months since i've stopped drinking, which i'm stoked on, but now i have trouble sleeping

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 60
« Reply #5768 on: September 06, 2019, 04:32:36 PM »
Rent went up agin like the 3rd time within a year n a half.

Kid went back to school so that's another 160 dollars a week too.

Might haveta go on strike in a few months, have nothng saved...

Hope it ends well.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5769 on: September 10, 2019, 08:12:46 AM »
At the beach but my girl is in a training all day. That's why we're here so it's cool, but also I am alone. Brought my rain/trash board with me but now I regret not just bringing my cruiser. Oh well I am at the beach.  ::)

Anyone have any ideas of things to do by myself besides skate/swim?

hangontoyourego

« Reply #5770 on: September 10, 2019, 10:22:39 AM »
At the beach but my girl is in a training all day. That's why we're here so it's cool, but also I am alone. Brought my rain/trash board with me but now I regret not just bringing my cruiser. Oh well I am at the beach.  ::)

I would have brought a book , find some WiFi and go watch Bill Burr’s Paper Tiger on Netflix

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5771 on: September 10, 2019, 10:47:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I would have brought a book , find some WiFi and go watch Bill Burr’s Paper Tiger on Netflix

Excellent suggestions haha we have wifi and I do like him. Maybe I'll watch since I haven't seen it and I will definitely pick up a book. That sounds great and I can just chill and read on the beach. Thanks yo

hangontoyourego

« Reply #5772 on: September 10, 2019, 10:52:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Excellent suggestions haha we have wifi and I do like him. Maybe I'll watch since I haven't seen it and I will definitely pick up a book. That sounds great and I can just chill and read on the beach. Thanks yo
Word . Paper tigers just came out today . Started to watch but want to make sure I don’t miss anything . Go check out the latest juxtapoz , it’s got an interview with Robert Williams . 

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
« Reply #5773 on: September 10, 2019, 04:07:54 PM »
 She showed up five minutes before lunch rush. Health inspector came in today. I'm already a scatter brained and don't have spare minutes to chat. Every second counts and I'm on a timed schedule.
However though I got a perfect score!
She only dinged me last time on cobwebs. No cobwebs to be found today.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:16:35 PM by yapple dapple »

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
« Reply #5774 on: September 10, 2019, 09:19:53 PM »
im 31 and i just learned who lead belly is
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #5775 on: September 12, 2019, 01:46:20 AM »
Working in pet care after 12 years of manual labor.

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #5776 on: September 12, 2019, 06:45:26 PM »
Fucked up my left hand BADLY less than two weeks ago but glad I didn’t break it. Both the Dr and I were amazed with how bad it looked. Still ain’t all the way good though. Got bit by a dog yesterday on my right hand with a puncture wound bad enough to go to urgent care to get it treated. I had to get it fully irrigated because of how deep it was, but glad just one K9 (tooth) really got a hold of me though.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:48:20 PM by Salsa Verde »

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #5777 on: September 13, 2019, 05:11:20 AM »
my boss is never around so we have some freedom to do what we want, but almost every decision requires his approval so we can't get anything done. And then he wonders why things aren't done.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5778 on: September 13, 2019, 07:43:37 AM »
We have a position opened up for that right now but I would have to help with euthanasia which I don’t think I want to do. On one hand I would be happy to try and make the animals happy but on the other hand I don’t know how bummed I would feel. Would probably make me not want a pet.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #5779 on: September 13, 2019, 07:55:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
We have a position opened up for that right now but I would have to help with euthanasia which I don’t think I want to do. On one hand I would be happy to try and make the animals happy but on the other hand I don’t know how bummed I would feel. Would probably make me not want a pet.

Yeah, I can imagine that would be a very difficult job. I couldn't do it.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #5780 on: September 13, 2019, 01:45:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah, I can imagine that would be a very difficult job. I couldn't do it.

I dont deal with any heavy shit like that, I work at one of those daycare/boarding places. We have had a few older dogs pass away from natural causes where I work at. I’ve had roughly 50 animals ranging from dogs and cats to turtles and guinea pigs and taking them to the vet to get put down sucks. I was actually going to become a vet tech when I was younger but I kinda woke up and realized that I probably couldnt handle doing all the euthanizing and other stuff.

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5781 on: September 20, 2019, 08:02:21 PM »
Ok I had to fix my sig for some reason but I think I fixed it now. Not sure Im a little drunk but shalom y'all

Also go watch hook ups destroying america

« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 08:04:42 PM by os89 »

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #5782 on: September 20, 2019, 08:10:53 PM »
Ok I had to fix my sig for some reason but I think I fixed it now. Not sure Im a little drunk but shalom y'all

I've been trying to make a gif of when Erik Estrada is eating that huge sub and flips the meat into his mouth

FUCKINGLOUD

• Rep: -10
« Reply #5783 on: September 20, 2019, 08:25:42 PM »
I HAVE TO INTERVIEW MY CEO NEXT WEEK AND FOR SOME REASON MY TEAM HAS ROYALLY FUCKED THIS UP IN THE PAST SO THERES A TON OF PRESSURE ON ME NOT TO FUCK IT UP

STOKED TO DO THE INTERVIEW NOT STOKED TO POTENTIALLY BLOW IT

hangontoyourego

« Reply #5784 on: September 20, 2019, 09:17:43 PM »
I HAVE TO INTERVIEW MY CEO NEXT WEEK AND FOR SOME REASON MY TEAM HAS ROYALLY FUCKED THIS UP IN THE PAST SO THERES A TON OF PRESSURE ON ME NOT TO FUCK IT UP

STOKED TO DO THE INTERVIEW NOT STOKED TO POTENTIALLY BLOW IT
What made them fuck it up in the past ? What’s s your job & why are you interviewing them ?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5785 on: September 20, 2019, 10:11:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I've been trying to make a gif of when Erik Estrada is eating that huge sub and flips the meat into his mouth
I believe that scene leads into the next which is him seeing the car after they destroyed it? He screams “MY CAR!!!” And you see like smoke or steam fly out his mouth. Or dragon breath as Jeremy Klein refereed to its in the commentary.

garthblader

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5786 on: September 21, 2019, 08:25:56 PM »
Met a super rad chick this weekend, hungout last night and then again today for a while.  Super cute, super smart, into cool shit. 
She disclosed that she has HSV-1 (oral herpes) and I am really not sure what to do.  I am one of those people who are way overly sensitive about contracted an STD and being overly careful.  I don't really want to pass her by because shes awesome and it's just a skin infection, but I also don't want to risk getting herpes.

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 15
« Reply #5787 on: September 21, 2019, 08:41:51 PM »
Met a super rad chick this weekend, hungout last night and then again today for a while.  Super cute, super smart, into cool shit. 
She disclosed that she has HSV-1 (oral herpes) and I am really not sure what to do.  I am one of those people who are way overly sensitive about contracted an STD and being overly careful.  I don't really want to pass her by because shes awesome and it's just a skin infection, but I also don't want to risk getting herpes.
at least she told you. I personally wouldn’t pursue it more, I don’t really know how that shit works but there’s plenty of women without herpes out there and I’d pass this one by.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #5788 on: September 23, 2019, 06:29:33 AM »
considering 2/3 of the world population has hsv-1

you better get informed first before ruining your love story
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 06:38:32 AM by BALARGUE »

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #5789 on: September 23, 2019, 07:54:59 AM »
Well I have been doing 5+ miles runs every other day for the last week or so so I can lose some weight, well today I did half that run with skating different spots in between. Well halfway through I go to take a piss in the woods right and I ground scored a waterlogged Sony CD player, at first I was like no way this thing works soon as I pick it up to to press buttons see if it works yup this motherfucker still works!!!!