Author Topic: longboarding  (Read 39196 times)

woohoobaloogapoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: longboarding
« Reply #330 on: October 16, 2007, 09:46:04 PM »
lol you guys are funny  ;D
I waste garden gloves and I'm one of those leather fruits that bomb hills... the only thing is that I don't push mongo, don't wear shell necklaces, and hang out with skateboarders regardless of the length of their... boards. I know twice as much about board mods as the average skateshop employee and I've only been... skateboarding for a year. What a concept. I still think stairs and rails and whatever are gnar... don't get me wrong. I just wish there were more open minded skateboarders out there even if they're kooks to someone else.

This is nuts.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=t0NuzE5wato
This is fun.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lnYx3Gp5Up0

It's weird how many parallels there are to long/short forums. "We" bash "you" and vice versa. "We" are fuckin nerds about our setups and "you" often ride stuff stock because that's not what really matters in a skater+board. "We" make countless ranting threads about "you" and how "you" ruin a "longboarder's" image and "you" fight back with threads about the kooks that ruin skateboarding and what it means to "you." It's all the same shit and its stupid.
zomg i'm from silverfish. let the bashing begin... or continue or whatever. Cheers ;D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 09:52:21 PM by woohoobaloogapoo »

Rarraz

• Rep: -1
« Reply #331 on: October 16, 2007, 09:49:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Why isn't it a sport? Because we don't run around while kicking a ball?
Sport - an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature
Skateboarding is an athletic activity that requires skill or physical prowess.. So that classifies it as a sport.
[close]
neither is a sport. it's a hobby or artform.
in a sport you can just get in and play, it takes almost a month just to get comfortable with anything on a skateboard.
you can considering longboarding a sport if you want to, broheim.
First, you can just jump into the middle of soccer game and start kicking the ball right? Don't need to learn anything?
And I mean, who learns to hit the ball before they start playing baseball?
Every sport involves learning, longboarding and skateboarding included.

damian

« Reply #332 on: October 16, 2007, 09:51:23 PM »
bro, it's not a sport. i understand you longboard in between varsity football and basketball seasons, don't quit because it's not a sport. yes, you can just jump in those games without really learning, if you don't that on a skateboard, you will get hurt almost always.

shutupbitch

« Reply #333 on: October 16, 2007, 09:53:04 PM »
lol you guys are funny  ;D
I waste garden gloves and I'm one of those leather fruits that bomb hills... the only thing is that I don't push mongo, don't wear shell necklaces, and hang out with skateboarders regardless of the length of their... boards. I know twice as much about board mods as the average skateshop employee and I've only been... skateboarding for a year. What a concept. I still think stairs and rails and whatever are gnar... don't get me wrong. I just wish there were more open minded skateboarders out there even if they're kooks to someone else.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t0NuzE5wato
This hill is fun.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lnYx3Gp5Up0

zomg i'm from silverfish. let the bashing begin... or continue or whatever. Cheers ;D

Yeah brah, I think I was racing against you on the winner tour.  You only beat me cause you had on spandex and a luge helmet. Don't sleep though cause I've been crosstraining at a few campus' and beaches here and there. I'll defeat you next time cause I'm the best in the sport.

Rarraz

« Reply #334 on: October 16, 2007, 09:53:24 PM »
bro, it's not a sport. i understand you longboard in between varsity football and basketball seasons, don't quit because it's not a sport. yes, you can just jump in those games without really learning, if you don't that on a skateboard, you will get hurt almost always.
So your trying to tell me you know more the definition of "Sport" better than a dictionary huh?
By the way.. I looked up skateboarding here's the definition
the sport of riding a skateboard.

SWEET

« Reply #335 on: October 16, 2007, 09:55:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
So your trying to tell me you know more the definition of "Sport" better than a dictionary huh?
shhhhhhhh
dont forget... they "are the knowledge"  ::)
Go down a 10 miles road or spend a day doing some tricks, you'll be tired and you'll have your legs burning becasue it IS a sport

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #336 on: October 16, 2007, 09:56:39 PM »
board mods

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......................ha!

shutupbitch

« Reply #337 on: October 16, 2007, 09:57:20 PM »
pffffffffttttttttttt... whats the point if your not competing?

"eat my dust"

woohoobaloogapoo

« Reply #338 on: October 16, 2007, 09:58:23 PM »
yeah I was all "I'm gonna look like such a fuckin idiot right now" when I wrote that

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #339 on: October 16, 2007, 09:59:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
shhhhhhhh
Go down a 10 miles road or spend a day doing some tricks, you'll be tired and you'll have your legs burning becasue it IS a sport

you forgot to sign your post flavien.................anytime your in victoria feel free to come to vicwest and get heckled.

damian

« Reply #340 on: October 16, 2007, 09:59:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
shhhhhhhh

and you wonder why everyone thinks longboarders are fucking gasoline huffers.

shutupbitch

« Reply #341 on: October 16, 2007, 10:01:07 PM »
gas powered longboards have been banned from competition for some time.

woohoobaloogapoo

« Reply #342 on: October 16, 2007, 10:01:15 PM »
This is seriously pretty entertaining... I'm gonna stick around for a while even if it pisses you off but for now, I leave.
board moddddddzzzzzzzz ftw zomg epic lulz-zor to the max

shutupbitch

« Reply #343 on: October 16, 2007, 10:02:21 PM »
Just me and you hotshot. One hill, one shot, one winner. 8)

SWEET

« Reply #344 on: October 16, 2007, 10:02:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
shhhhhhhh
[close]

Becasue when they say keep on being insulted for no reason and hear arguments like "you wear necklace, you're gay, you faggot" they kind of think they are talking with people with an IQ equivalent to the one of pre-juvenile monkey, they get annoyed?

shutupbitch

« Reply #345 on: October 16, 2007, 10:04:28 PM »
I've raced a prejuvenile monkey... and he won.

I DID NOT have my speedo suit on though so it don't count.

Rarraz

« Reply #346 on: October 16, 2007, 10:04:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

shhhhhhhh
[close]

[close]
Becasue when they say keep on being insulted for no reason and hear arguments like "you wear necklace, you're gay, you faggot" they kind of think they are talking with people with an IQ equivalent to the one of pre-juvenile monkey, they get annoyed?
I wasn't even going to give him that much, but it's a close call.

damian

« Reply #347 on: October 16, 2007, 10:04:55 PM »
there needs to be a longboarding contest to see who can shout the most lyrics to the most 311 and/or sublime songs while being a human porsche at 65mph down their 10 mile roads. i'll place a curb halfway down for up the ante for these sportsters.

damian

« Reply #348 on: October 16, 2007, 10:05:38 PM »
well, with dumbass bros like you at the defense of the "sport", it makes all the sense in the world.

Rarraz

« Reply #349 on: October 16, 2007, 10:05:54 PM »
there needs to be a longboarding contest to see who can shout the most lyrics to the most 311 and/or sublime songs while being a human porsche at 65mph down their 10 mile roads. i'll place a curb halfway down for up the ante for these sportsters.
I'll just roll some 101s and ride right over the curb.

shutupbitch

« Reply #350 on: October 16, 2007, 10:07:07 PM »

don't want to scare away the thousands in attendance.

shutupbitch

« Reply #351 on: October 16, 2007, 10:07:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

face plant?

SWEET

« Reply #352 on: October 16, 2007, 10:08:13 PM »
to quote.... you seriously need to learn how to boneless...

Rarraz

« Reply #353 on: October 16, 2007, 10:08:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

face plant?
No, watch this, moron.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tVIInc6uzLU

SWEET

« Reply #354 on: October 16, 2007, 10:10:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

face plant?
[close]
No, watch this, moron.
I dont think it's the kind of vid that will help....

Rarraz

« Reply #355 on: October 16, 2007, 10:10:25 PM »
I'm sorry if an ollie is the only way you know how to get over an obstacle.. we know many ways. :)

Vov Vurnquist

« Reply #356 on: October 16, 2007, 10:10:59 PM »

those are not skateboards

shutupbitch

« Reply #357 on: October 16, 2007, 10:11:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

face plant?
[close]
No, watch this, moron.

only  a true skater like yourself would know that at higher speeds doing what I saw on that link comes easy.

Rarraz

« Reply #358 on: October 16, 2007, 10:11:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

face plant?
[close]
No, watch this, moron.
[close]
I dont think it's the kind of vid that will help....
Eh, probably not necesarrily that one.. but maybe they'll get the idea? Ok, maybe not.

damian

« Reply #359 on: October 16, 2007, 10:13:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
to quote.... you seriously need to learn how to boneless...

you know you can't fucking boneless at 65mph, you fucking human porsche liar.