Author Topic: longboarding  (Read 39199 times)

Rarraz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: longboarding
« Reply #540 on: October 18, 2007, 06:12:58 PM »
BTW, SHUUUUUU!

GO TO A SURF SITE.
I would.
If I surfed.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #541 on: October 18, 2007, 07:14:42 PM »
Let this fucking thing die.
You won't win our respect by challenging us to races. us skateboarders, always about the competition huh? no. Fuck off.
You also won't win any respect by relentlessly defending something we've already stated our viewpoint on. Go slink back to your forum and continue as you were.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #542 on: October 18, 2007, 07:15:37 PM »
Also grim, as much as i respect your opinion, that frontside air can be easily hated on because it's
A. heinously stinkbug
B. done on a ridiculously gay contraption
C. im willing to bet on my life that it's early grab, and not a bonk off the coping halfway earlygrab, but a full-on, grab before you even hit the tranny early grab.
It's different strokes I guess, because I can't hate on either A, B or C. If it's all in fun, then I say more power to him... early grab stinkbug on a funny board and all.

...and as someone who will gladly pop an ollie into the grabs I can get, early grabbing is fucking fun as shit!

Style, fluidity, form, and all that stuff is fantastic, but I appreciate sketch, barely-landing-it, and ugly skating too. Skating is about personal interpretation and progressing to the extent of your own ability. For most of us, that interpretation may include technical or gnar progression, but for some other dude it might be learning to do a frontside slasher on a huge board, or even seeing how fast a person can slalom on a downhill. I just think the hate on both sides is unwarranted and petty.

I vote that this turns into a Sheckler thread.

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #543 on: October 18, 2007, 07:19:29 PM »

shutupbitch

« Reply #544 on: October 18, 2007, 07:30:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Also grim, as much as i respect your opinion, that frontside air can be easily hated on because it's
A. heinously stinkbug
B. done on a ridiculously gay contraption
C. im willing to bet on my life that it's early grab, and not a bonk off the coping halfway earlygrab, but a full-on, grab before you even hit the tranny early grab.
[close]
It's different strokes I guess, because I can't hate on either A, B or C. If it's all in fun, then I say more power to him... early grab stinkbug on a funny board and all.

...and as someone who will gladly pop an ollie into the grabs I can get, early grabbing is fucking fun as shit!

Style, fluidity, form, and all that stuff is fantastic, but I appreciate sketch, barely-landing-it, and ugly skating too. Skating is about personal interpretation and progressing to the extent of your own ability. For most of us, that interpretation may include technical or gnar progression, but for some other dude it might be learning to do a frontside slasher on a huge board, or even seeing how fast a person can slalom on a downhill. I just think the hate on both sides is unwarranted and petty.

I vote that this turns into a Sheckler thread.

you've got a great way with words. Very true.

The guy had it coming though and I think that led to alot of it.

I was just entertaining myself. So if I get bored I'll throw another lure out there to get a bite.

worldwide

« Reply #545 on: October 19, 2007, 12:04:02 AM »
can i bite that hook??? pleasee??

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #546 on: October 19, 2007, 12:18:33 AM »
this is like the classic match between Bret Hart and Stone Cold Steve Austin. who is gonna quit first?
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

cs2

« Reply #547 on: October 19, 2007, 10:08:57 PM »
there are kickflipping kooks and longboarding kooks and non kooks of each, settled?

shutupbitch

« Reply #548 on: October 19, 2007, 10:12:29 PM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Young Jeezy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
  • AY!
    • youngjeezy.com avatar image
« Reply #549 on: October 20, 2007, 05:50:15 AM »
henry dont hurt em
JEEZY NEVER DIES

FTW

« Reply #550 on: October 20, 2007, 01:39:03 PM »
20 pages of longboarders argueing they are as legit ? plz stop talking to them and maybe they will go back to the longboard website.
Cool now lets go talk shit on ryan sheckler.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #551 on: October 20, 2007, 02:15:52 PM »
i think its pretty funny that half of there shit talking and insults are pointed at someone the gonz gave a guestboard too.

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #552 on: October 20, 2007, 02:49:41 PM »
who? biker sherlock?

krayola

• XXX Skateboards since 1987
    • XXX Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #553 on: October 20, 2007, 04:50:53 PM »
No shite. Different strokes for different folks.

Rockin Ron can sport the short board and the longboard. Fucking people that want skateboard legitimacy and want to splinter skating as a whole are fucking posers. Like creating a new flavor of ice cream and then getting all militant and wanting more recognition, more rights and more general awareness.

It's fucking jut skateboarding. Either you live the life or just dicker around. Either you pose or shred, whatever.

People want to walk around using there longboards as canes while talking on there cell phones or bomb a hill, whatever.

But that is what I'm seeing all over the web, longboarders attempting to become PETA, attempting to become Gay Rights, and have there voices heard.

It's just skateboarding, either skate or pose.
XXX/SanMo/Rip City Locs Por Vida

brent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #554 on: October 20, 2007, 04:58:21 PM »
skating sucks so i'm just gonna pose

krayola

« Reply #555 on: October 20, 2007, 05:02:57 PM »
skating sucks so i'm just gonna pose

Werd playa.

I'm with you, takes less energy and your T shirt, to Tiffany knock off cap matched Tokyo Taxi SB don't all get scuffed.

brent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #556 on: October 20, 2007, 05:33:00 PM »
i have a bad back and it hurts to skate :'( thanks playa

woohoobaloogapoo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #557 on: October 20, 2007, 11:55:48 PM »
Badum ba dum dum
*click*click*click*click*

dizzle

« Reply #558 on: October 21, 2007, 05:49:05 PM »
the ignorance! it burns!

tango $$ tha pussy viol8r

• Rep: 28
  • place an ice cube in her pussy, ejacul8 on it.
« Reply #559 on: October 21, 2007, 10:55:20 PM »
'tentacles of destruction' was not a longboard video.

Knockout Ned

• Rep: 27
« Reply #560 on: October 21, 2007, 11:19:37 PM »
longboarding is not a crime

krayola

« Reply #561 on: October 22, 2007, 01:09:35 AM »
I found this slalom skater  as well

Derka Derk

• Rep: 9
« Reply #562 on: October 22, 2007, 09:31:33 AM »
longboarding is not a crime

longboarding is not a crime, it is fashion! look how his d3's match his leather outfit!

FTW

« Reply #563 on: October 22, 2007, 10:02:32 AM »
can this just go away?

AcidAaron

« Reply #564 on: October 22, 2007, 11:24:40 PM »
I thought i would tell everyone about myself. Since most of you seem to think they know what longboarder's are actually like.

Ill start off with fashion since thats what the trickboarders are all about.
I wear a torn up pair of skin tight krew pants, something that is usually seen on a kid that's trick skating.
I never really wear leathers or a helmet of any kind, mostly cause its too expensive.
And i wear Fallen "The Trooper Model" Yellow and black shoes.
If it wasnt for the fact that i carry a 42" longboard, i would look like just another skater kid.
So you can get it out of your heads that we're all hippies who wear cargo shorts and hemp bracelets. Even though i am a hippie that wears skate type apparel, and im proud of who i am no matter what anyone ever says.

2nd.
Skating disciplines.
You may see some longboarders walking on the boards funny, standing at the front end of the board, spinning around in circles, riding bowls, and carving in between cones.
I am not one of these guys but i still respect what they do.
There are many different disiplines: such as Speedboarding, Slalom, Carving, Dancing, etc.
So you see, its impossible for us to all be the same, if we all have different disciplines.
I personally speedboard.

I just thought id share about my individuality and show that some of us Longboarders are actually a part of the skateboarding community.
I would like to say 2 things before i leave, as this will be my only post.
#1 I don't classify myself a skateboarder but a speedboarder, mostly for the reasons of being a "kooky Longboarder" compared to a skater kid who usually falls under the Scene, emo, thrasher, punker group.

#2 This is not a post encouraging trick skaters to get a sector nine or gravity and act like a longboarder, because you would most likely put shame to real longboarders of any type, and because most of your attitudes are that of a punker kid that just wants F' Shit up. However, if you are not one of these types of people, it would be pretty neat to see a genuine interest in longboarding and i would encourage you to break away from the mundane of trick skating, and try a new form of skating that will push you to an extreme never felt before... Peayce

kraftwerk

• Rep: 14
« Reply #565 on: October 22, 2007, 11:29:09 PM »
longboarding is to skateboarding what cheney is to bush; bad-ass wannabe big-brother with flaming ego-fueled war wings    :'( :o
chasing the dream

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #566 on: October 22, 2007, 11:37:18 PM »
I thought i would tell everyone about myself. Since most of you seem to think they know what longboarder's are actually like.

I wear a torn up pair of skin tight krew pants, something that is usually seen on a kid that's trick skating.
I never really wear leathers or a helmet of any kind, mostly cause its too expensive.
If it wasnt for the fact that i carry a 42" longboard, i would look like just another skater kid.
So you can get it out of your heads that we're all hippies who wear cargo shorts and hemp bracelets. Even though i am a hippie that wears skate type apparel, and im proud of who i am no matter what anyone ever says.

2nd.
Skating disciplines.
You may see some longboarders walking on the boards funny, standing at the front end of the board, spinning around in circles, riding bowls, and carving in between cones.
There are many different disiplines: such as Speedboarding, Slalom, Carving, Dancing, etc.
So you see, its impossible for us to all be the same, if we all have different disciplines.
I personally speedboard.

I just thought id share about my individuality and show that some of us Longboarders are actually a part of the skateboarding community.
#1 I don't classify myself a skateboarder but a speedboarder, mostly for the reasons of being a "kooky Longboarder" compared to a skater kid who usually falls under the Scene, emo, thrasher, punker group.

#2 This is not a post encouraging trick skaters to get a sector nine or gravity and act like a longboarder, because you would most likely put shame to real longboarders of any type, and because most of your attitudes are that of a punker kid that just wants F' Shit up. However, if you are not one of these types of people, it would be pretty neat to see a genuine interest in longboarding and i would encourage you to break away from the mundane of trick skating, and try a new form of skating that will push you to an extreme never felt before... Peayce

damn dude you changed my whole perspective on shit.....longboarders must be alright after all

wheee!

beeda weeda

« Reply #567 on: October 22, 2007, 11:40:05 PM »

2nd.
Skating disciplines.
I personally speedboard.

you may not be a hppy, but you are still a kook, you just confessed it. sorry brah, truth hurts.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #568 on: October 22, 2007, 11:54:07 PM »

2nd.
Skating disciplines.
I personally speedboard.

this kid makes fun of himself.these guys gotta go, shits gettin to easy now.

AcidAaron

« Reply #569 on: October 23, 2007, 12:08:15 AM »
I believe thats called being humble.

Something trick skaters have probably never tried being. Instead you would rather try to prove your dominance over longboarders and other trick skaters alike.

Trick skaters are all for show and your all fake. Trick skatings sole purpose is to do Tricks, to impress and dominate. I can see why you all care about not being kooky since that proves if your a good skater or not.