Author Topic: Things that secretly make you think less of a person  (Read 38737 times)

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
Re: Things that secretly make you think less of a person
« Reply #870 on: November 13, 2023, 07:35:46 AM »
Probably been mentioned countless times but...

People staring down at their phones while walking down the street

Bonus points if you're walking your dog... it's the only time you take him/her for a walk and you can't even pay them attention
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 09:06:37 AM by Jewel Runner »

pops

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 242
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #871 on: November 14, 2023, 11:13:22 AM »

Bonus points if you're walking your dog... it's the only time you take him/her for a walk and you can't even pay them attention

Or you're in the playground with your kid(s) and all you know is to stare at your phone. Like wtf.

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 265
« Reply #872 on: November 14, 2023, 01:40:11 PM »
Lately:

"I don't judge others music I like a bit of everything"
then, upon first listen of death metal or black metal...
"can you turn this down it just sounds like noise"

if you can't vibe to "Whore" by Nattefrost... then gtfo
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

fuck_that_guy

• Rep: 300
« Reply #873 on: November 14, 2023, 03:19:39 PM »
fuck that guy

Jewel Runner

« Reply #874 on: November 15, 2023, 02:26:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Or you're in the playground with your kid(s) and all you know is to stare at your phone. Like wtf.

Oof this one takes the cake - you're a fucking asshole if you do this

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #875 on: November 15, 2023, 02:39:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Not sure, if you have kids, so ...
Honestly – depending how the night was and how knackered i was and how much my kid was playing with others and was exploring the playground himself, i spend one or two visits to the playground on the phone. Sometimes it's all too much – and then you flee to the digital world, although you realize that some day, your kid will be grown up and you won't get this moment back.

breezy_again

• Rep: 50
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #876 on: November 15, 2023, 05:40:47 AM »
one day your kid will be on the phone the whole time while you're on the playground

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -435
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #877 on: November 15, 2023, 10:15:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Do either of you guys have kids?

pops

• Rep: 242
« Reply #878 on: November 15, 2023, 10:30:11 AM »
one day your kid will be on the phone the whole time while you're on the playground
Probably, yeah. But if you teach that example to them right from the start it's gonna be even worse before they've grown up. Im not trying to say that you'd have to be with them all the time but at least look after them.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Honestly – depending how the night was and how knackered i was and how much my kid was playing with others and was exploring the playground himself, i spend one or two visits to the playground on the phone. Sometimes it's all too much – and then you flee to the digital world, although you realize that some day, your kid will be grown up and you won't get this moment back.

Yes, I do have kids. And who am I to judge parents but I this isnt very uncommon to happen. The worst situation is when your kid (I'm talking small kids like 5 years and below, when they're asking for their moms/dads attention, they dont receive it because the phone takes all the attention and sometimes you can even sense the parent being bothered by their kids asking for / showing them something etc.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 10:39:55 AM by pops »

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #879 on: November 15, 2023, 11:03:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Probably, yeah. But if you teach that example to them right from the start it's gonna be even worse before they've grown up. Im not trying to say that you'd have to be with them all the time but at least look after them.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes, I do have kids. And who am I to judge parents but I this isnt very uncommon to happen. The worst situation is when your kid (I'm talking small kids like 5 years and below, when they're asking for their moms/dads attention, they dont receive it because the phone takes all the attention and sometimes you can even sense the parent being bothered by their kids asking for / showing them something etc.

With that situation - I totally agree

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #880 on: November 15, 2023, 01:03:49 PM »
could be a spicy thread....

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #881 on: November 15, 2023, 04:13:08 PM »
naming your kid nevaeh .. barf
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #882 on: November 15, 2023, 08:25:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

mmmmm….phone are bad. the end.

ignoring kids tho, i mean. yeah. they talk constantly. if you listen to all of it, like all of it, and engage with all of it, everyone will suffer.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #883 on: November 16, 2023, 04:47:09 AM »
The “I used to be a liberal but…” shit always ends up with the person spewing FOX News talking points sprinkled with the bitching about trans or colored people. There’s no way these people used to be liberal considering their resentment against mainly Black people. Plus, they shouldn’t be hating on LGBTQ+, considering they would pay to suck Donald Trump’s dick.

Jewel Runner

« Reply #884 on: November 16, 2023, 07:25:57 AM »
I have a 1 year and a half boy and I avoid it at all costs to be on my phone when I'm hanging out with him... just to make sure that he feels like he matters

I hate it when I'm with someone and their phone beeps for whatever reason and they instantly have to look at it so maybe that's why I don't do it

Another thing is when I'm outside the last thing I want to be doing is to stare at my phone... that's why it makes no sense to me to be staring at it so I'm a little biased on this subject

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #885 on: November 16, 2023, 07:31:23 AM »
Dudes that sit with legs crossed knee over knee

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #886 on: November 16, 2023, 09:25:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Back on the subject of turning right…

The above image is intended for a two wheeled vehicle & is non applicable in this case.
Motion to have the evidence stricken from the record.
[close]

you want to have evidence of the perfect corner stricken from the record in a conversation about right turns? you'd be disbarred in half an hour (even in CA, where anyone can practice law)
Ladies and gentleman of the jury…  We are here today talking about safe practices while DRIVING.  However, the defense has attempted to pull the wool over your eyes with some deft prestidigitation, but you aren’t the rubes he believes you to be and I intend to prove that they are arguing in poor faith.

As I stated in my prior objection, the diagram presented by the defense is intended for instructional use by a motorcycle operator, as evidenced by inclusion of details such as the application of FRONT brakes, as well as the use of counter steering technique, NEITHER of which are utilized by drivers of automobiles, thereby rendering this piece of evidence as inadmissible in the matter before the court today, which is hearing a case about DRIVERS of cars (see quote: “…People who veer/swerve left before a right turn while driving.”) rather than RIDERS of motorcycles.

My client had stated their objection to the practice of VEERING left, prior to engaging in a right hand turn.  In the diagram provided by the defense, the jury can clearly see that the RIDER of the motorcycle actually initiated their right hand turn FROM THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD, again rendering this evidence as inadmissible in this case, since (AGAIN) my client, the aggrieved motorist, S. Daniel, lodged their original complaint against DRIVERS (not motorcycle RIDERS) who VEER LEFT before making a right turn, thereby needlessly obstructing traffic & hindering flow with the (relatively) large vehicles they operate.

Finally, I’d like to point out that the defense has presented a diagram of a scenario in which (perfect, or otherwise) the vehicle traveling the illustrated path moves through a bend in the roadway, as opposed to an intersection of two roads, such as at a traffic light, stop sign, or driveway, which is very clearly the scenario my client had in mind when they registered their complaint initially. Again, this factor alone should be adequate to show the evidence presented is non applicable in this case & should be stricken from the record.

In short, the defense is entering into evidence the equivalent of a knife that conveniently does not fit the defendants grip, in a murder case where the victim was shot to death and the detectives have already recovered the smoking gun, fingerprints, spent casings & all.

Your honor, good citizens of the jury: in closing I ask you to consider the reasonable nature of my client’s statement.  We’re talking small town roads and automobiles here, not some MotoGP closed circuit racecourse.  If the drivers that the defense is advocating for wish to apex their turns in the “perfect” manner shown in the questionable diagram, they should pay for track days like the rest of us do & keep the street racing to private roadways.  I believe that the civic minded people assembled in the jury box will agree that driving on public roads already feels like Life Is A Hellride half the time, and siding with public safety & my client is the “RIGHT turn” to make today.

I rest my case, your honor.

(Whispers to Spectral Image on the way back to the table, “We’ll see about who gets disbarred now.” 😏)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

GS77

• Rep: 94
« Reply #887 on: November 16, 2023, 09:30:25 AM »
Do you also practice hesh law?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #888 on: November 16, 2023, 09:34:25 AM »
Do you also practice hesh law?
Would love to read, or watch a courtroom drama/legal thriller where the case argued was Hesh v. Fresh, actually.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

addie pray

• Rep: -526
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #889 on: November 16, 2023, 09:52:22 AM »
i am hesh law

breezy_again

• Rep: 50
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #890 on: November 16, 2023, 11:15:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

The above image is intended for a two wheeled vehicle & is non applicable in this case.
[close]

you want to have evidence of the perfect corner stricken from the record in a conversation about right turns? you'd be disbarred in half an hour (even in CA, where anyone can practice law)
[close]
Ladies and gentleman of the jury…  We are here today talking about safe practices while DRIVING.  However, the defense has attempted to pull the wool over your eyes with some deft prestidigitation, but you aren’t the rubes he believes you to be and I intend to prove that they are arguing in poor faith.

As I stated in my prior objection, the diagram presented by the defense is intended for instructional use by a motorcycle operator, as evidenced by inclusion of details such as the application of FRONT brakes, as well as the use of counter steering technique, NEITHER of which are utilized by drivers of automobiles, thereby rendering this piece of evidence as inadmissible in the matter before the court today, which is hearing a case about DRIVERS of cars (see quote: “…People who veer/swerve left before a right turn while driving.”) rather than RIDERS of motorcycles.

My client had stated their objection to the practice of VEERING left, prior to engaging in a right hand turn.  In the diagram provided by the defense, the jury can clearly see that the RIDER of the motorcycle actually initiated their right hand turn FROM THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD, again rendering this evidence as inadmissible in this case, since (AGAIN) my client, the aggrieved motorist, S. Daniel, lodged their original complaint against DRIVERS (not motorcycle RIDERS) who VEER LEFT before making a right turn, thereby needlessly obstructing traffic & hindering flow with the (relatively) large vehicles they operate.

Finally, I’d like to point out that the defense has presented a diagram of a scenario in which (perfect, or otherwise) the vehicle traveling the illustrated path moves through a bend in the roadway, as opposed to an intersection of two roads, such as at a traffic light, stop sign, or driveway, which is very clearly the scenario my client had in mind when they registered their complaint initially. Again, this factor alone should be adequate to show the evidence presented is non applicable in this case & should be stricken from the record.

In short, the defense is entering into evidence the equivalent of a knife that conveniently does not fit the defendants grip, in a murder case where the victim was shot to death and the detectives have already recovered the smoking gun, fingerprints, spent casings & all.

Your honor, good citizens of the jury: in closing I ask you to consider the reasonable nature of my client’s statement.  We’re talking small town roads and automobiles here, not some MotoGP closed circuit racecourse.  If the drivers that the defense is advocating for wish to apex their turns in the “perfect” manner shown in the questionable diagram, they should pay for track days like the rest of us do & keep the street racing to private roadways.  I believe that the civic minded people assembled in the jury box will agree that driving on public roads already feels like Life Is A Hellride half the time, and siding with public safety & my client is the “RIGHT turn” to make today.

(Whispers to Spectral Image on the way back to the table, “We’ll see about who gets disbarred now.” 😏)
I’d hire you. Good job!

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #891 on: November 16, 2023, 11:23:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

(Spectral quivers enough for the courtroom artist to notice and begin drawing)

loved every minute of it, would gnar if I could
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #892 on: November 17, 2023, 12:39:33 AM »
damn this thread got to 30 pages.....we're petty for sure.

Anyways. Gotta admit, as an old skater/hip hop fan/fashion fool I really think less inside of dudes wearing shitty sneakers. I have/have had bandmates come to rehearsal with Sketchers or ugly shit like that on their feet and I'd never say anything but I'm screaming inside. Petty!!

turdtastic

• Rep: 55
« Reply #893 on: November 17, 2023, 05:06:53 AM »

Anyways. Gotta admit, as an old skater/hip hop fan/fashion fool I really think less inside of dudes wearing shitty sneakers. I have/have had bandmates come to rehearsal with Sketchers or ugly shit like that on their feet and I'd never say anything but I'm screaming inside. Petty!!
Fucking HATE that brand

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #894 on: November 17, 2023, 12:05:15 PM »

Yeah I do that too.... they don't have to be super dope top-of-the-line name brand sneakers, but at least have some self-respect for a good looking shoe!

This is coming from the guy who would scour both men's and women's shoe sections at Ross trying to find the one solid pair of skate shoes in the store.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #895 on: November 17, 2023, 01:15:11 PM »
Or when a dude ties his laces like he's choking the circulation off his feet. Rabbit ear sized loops just hanging down to the ground and completely oblivious to it.

I still laugh thinking about when my freshman year roommate was guilty of that and literally kicked his shoe across the room while standing on one foot trying so hard to pull the shoe on

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #896 on: November 25, 2023, 09:10:53 PM »
 Glue traps

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #897 on: November 26, 2023, 03:38:49 AM »
People who drive around with shit (like flyers or whatever) under their windshield wipers.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
« Reply #898 on: November 26, 2023, 04:10:00 AM »
^ funniest thing when its a parking ticket :D

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295