Author Topic: VX1000 playback keypad broken (and another issue)  (Read 180 times)

CowboySpiegel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
VX1000 playback keypad broken (and another issue)
« on: February 11, 2024, 08:25:25 PM »
Hey! Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, first time posting. I got a VX1000 from this guy locally but he wasn't sure it worked because he didn't have the battery charger, I took the risk and bought it and it works perfectly other than I can't rewind/play my tapes because the keypad isn't functional, I pressed the EDITSEARCH button to see if it would at least rewind when in that mode and it did so it isn't the tape deck (unless theres something I don't understand). Is there another way to playback my tapes so I can get them onto my computer? I feel like going tapeless might be the best way or buying some cheap camcorder that plays MiniDV tapes (which are kind of hard to find in working condition). There's one other issue and that's if I move the viewfinder anywhere that isn't the fully prone/flat position it goes super dark and shows what I assume to be the blue channel, if I have it down it works fine and I'm guessing it's an issue with the ribbon cable. If you guys have any ideas let me know, thanks.

bataaard

• Rep: 42
Re: VX1000 playback keypad broken (and another issue)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 12:07:16 PM »
hey,

for the viewfinder it's definitely the ribbon cable.

for the keypad, it happens often. there is a little cable going to it that breaks easily. I don't know how to replace it, but you can still use the EDITSEARCH button while on the go.

To capture the clips, if you're plugged via firewire, you can control the tape deck from the capture window in your editing program (play/pause/stop/rewind/ffd). You can see it for premiere in the image below, left of the mouse.

CowboySpiegel

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 07:19:48 PM »
Oh dude! Thank you! I'm on a newer Mac that doesn't have the FireWire port but I've found a ton of solutions online for that so I'll probably go with that, cheers!  ;D

suckmadeck

• Rep: 28
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 02:12:11 PM »
Oh dude! Thank you! I'm on a newer Mac that doesn't have the FireWire port but I've found a ton of solutions online for that so I'll probably go with that, cheers!  ;D

Whatever you do please don't go the whole Clearclick route. Get a thunderbolt adaptor or something.