Author Topic: Lotties Skateshop Calls Out Companies Who Sell Product Before It Hits Shops  (Read 19262 times)

HORSES

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIbUh2NjPXL/

This is something we have spoken about with many other shops. Any skate company that has shops prebook orders, and then they go and sell the product on their own website before the shops get it, we can no longer order from you. The stuff should be in shops before or at the same time as the company sells it on their own webshop, otherwise it gives skateshops little incentive to continue to buy from the company. People are already buying shit online more than ever nowadays, so why would a skateshop order product thatís already been available for weeks before we can get it in the shop? Makes no sense. If the companies donít want the shop selling it online, thatís fine, but at least give the skateshop a fair shake to sell it in store before, or at the same time as the company puts it on their website. DLX, Polar, Sci Fi just to name a few always make sure shops have it first before it goes online. Itís the way it should be.

Very well said.

LLN

• Rep: -2
Does anyone know which companies they might be talking about?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Fucking Awesome and Hockey, I think, among others.

From the comments:
to be honest, @hockey.eyeswithoutaface and @fuckingawesome were always good to us and got us product early
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 12:19:00 PM by heckler »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal

From the comments

itís directed at countless companies

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
Was just about to post this. But yeah, that's a shitty thing to do to the shops. Atleast have the drop sync up so everyone has an equal chance to get supported.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1174
    • My Wife avatar image
Yeah, bs to tie up a shop's money/shelf space and then not even give them an exclusive
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Massivebellend

• Rep: -13
Expand Quote
[close]
Fucking Awesome and Hockey, I think, among others.

No surprises there. So far up their own asses to see whatís the decent thing to do.

Baby on Board

• Rep: 36
Philly S of Humidity also posted some up on his story. Maybe heís texting with Lotties (canít tell), but he calls out Quartersnacks, Bronze, AllTimers, and Frog in doing these things as well

Mongoloid

This just makes me love Polar more than I already do.

Roger Mexico

• Rep: 22
This just makes me love Polar more than I already do.

And DLX.

twic3

• Rep: 16
Re: Lotties Skateshop Calls Out Companies Who Sell Product Before It Hits Shops
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 01:12:46 PM »
Philly S of Humidity also posted some up on his story. Maybe heís texting with Lotties (canít tell), but he calls out Quartersnacks, Bronze, AllTimers, and Frog in doing these things as well

Not surprised considering the people running those brands might not be considered qualified business owners and are ran and distributed out of a NYC studio apartment with some homie who needed a job distributing everything and talking to the shops... (props to 5boro tho as they seem to keep it professional despite the space and resources they work with)

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 560
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 01:17:18 PM »
We need more names of specific companies. Otherwise this complaint seems pointless. Whom can we direct our ire at or avoid when buying stuff?

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2020, 01:38:44 PM »

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 346
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2020, 01:40:13 PM »

This is something we have spoken about with many other shops. Any skate company that has shops prebook orders, and then they go and sell the product on their own website before the shops get it, we can no longer order from you. The stuff should be in shops before or at the same time as the company sells it on their own webshop, otherwise it gives skateshops little incentive to continue to buy from the company. People are already buying shit online more than ever nowadays, so why would a skateshop order product that’s already been available for weeks before we can get it in the shop? Makes no sense. If the companies don’t want the shop selling it online, that’s fine, but at least give the skateshop a fair shake to sell it in store before, or at the same time as the company puts it on their website. DLX, Polar,Sci Fi just to name a few always make sure shops have it first before it goes online. It’s the way it should be.

I lol'd the fuck outta that claim
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 02:15:27 PM by Pabst »
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2332
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2020, 01:57:03 PM »
FA and Hockey are too easy to point a finger at. He would've just called them outright if there wasn't multiple other companies pulling that shit.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2020, 02:00:28 PM »
We need more names of specific companies. Otherwise this complaint seems pointless. Whom can we direct our ire at or avoid when buying stuff?
QS, Bronze, Alltimers and Frog

thespacewolf

• Rep: 16
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2020, 02:05:09 PM »
FA and Hockey are too easy to point a finger at. He would've just called them outright if there wasn't multiple other companies pulling that shit.
Someone commented asking if it was FA/Hockey, but he said he had no problem with them, another skateshop commented too saying they had no trouble with FA either.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2332
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2020, 02:13:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Someone commented asking if it was FA/Hockey, but he said he had no problem with them, another skateshop commented too saying they had no trouble with FA either.
Just saw that too. It'd be nice if all companies/distro treated shops how DLX does.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

BeanieMcGee

• Rep: 5
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2020, 03:00:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Just saw that too. It'd be nice if all companies/distro treated shops how DLX does.

Not all companies have class like DLX

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2020, 03:01:55 PM »
Expand Quote

This is something we have spoken about with many other shops. Any skate company that has shops prebook orders, and then they go and sell the product on their own website before the shops get it, we can no longer order from you. The stuff should be in shops before or at the same time as the company sells it on their own webshop, otherwise it gives skateshops little incentive to continue to buy from the company. People are already buying shit online more than ever nowadays, so why would a skateshop order product thatís already been available for weeks before we can get it in the shop? Makes no sense. If the companies donít want the shop selling it online, thatís fine, but at least give the skateshop a fair shake to sell it in store before, or at the same time as the company puts it on their website. DLX, Polar,Sci Fi just to name a few always make sure shops have it first before it goes online. Itís the way it should be.

[close]

I lol'd the fuck outta that claim

Why? Jerry's been giving shops the drop at least a week in advance. All the stuff he has dropping on Monday, is available in shops right now.

Fuck man I was just thinking the same fucking thing. I tell yea @sci.fi.fantasy really helped us in the clutch during The spring time where we were at our worst, they directed sales to all shops first before they dropped and continued to do so this Fall.
Thank you Jerry.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 03:35:27 PM by HORSES »

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2020, 03:21:01 PM »
Honestly I always try to support a shop in person or online. But if they don't have what I want I will buy direct. Did this last month where I was looking for Birdhouse decks and shirts and the only place I could find them was direct from Baker Boys website. Now I did check a couple shops that had tagged they gotten recent product drops from BB but were either sold out or no dice on shipping. If I want something I'm going to buy where and when I can. But I'm certainly not gonna wait around and hope that a shop might get stock of what I want to buy. I'm just a consumer though, not a shop owner.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2020, 03:23:08 PM »
can't believe you couldn't find a shop with birdhouse decks... especially since it's only been a couple decades since the end came out

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1056
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2020, 03:25:41 PM »

I agree, that would be helpful, but I can understand why they wouldnít want to do that though: it seems like a really quick way burn a lot of bridges. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2020, 03:34:12 PM »
Naming positive names to support is the right move.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1487
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2020, 03:37:09 PM »
Last week Nike.com had all their new releases for 25% off, this week they hit the shops at full price. I know shops make bank from Dunks, but still.

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -57
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2020, 03:53:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Most shops I talk to never hear from Dlx or can't get product so not exactly sure how DLX is the bar for how skate companies should operate. Shops would be out of business if they had depended on Dlx for the past year. Don't get me wrong I love their brands as do most shops and the fact they are the only Dist that does not do direct to consumer but they can't even keep existing shops/accounts continuously stocked up. Been serious drought this year. No hate but hear this more than I don't.

BeanieMcGee

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2020, 04:26:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Most shops I talk to never hear from Dlx or can't get product so not exactly sure how DLX is the bar for how skate companies should operate. Shops would be out of business if they had depended on Dlx for the past year. Don't get me wrong I love their brands as do most shops and the fact they are the only Dist that does not do direct to consumer but they can't even keep existing shops/accounts continuously stocked up. Been serious drought this year. No hate but hear this more than I don't.

Hmm I guess for me, my locals usually have DLX products in stock. Even with the pandemic they get drops from them periodically.  It just seems like DLX has always put skate shops first. Obviously DLX is big enough that they donít need to sell direct to consumers.

globe fusion

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2020, 04:30:36 PM »
canada is definitely a different ballpark,

we receive FA/hockey gear at least a month (if not 2-3) after they're available on the direct site. kids will either assume the shops aren't getting it and divert no attention to them, or buy direct and bear the additional ship/duty prices.

for instance, frog just put out some boards that shops prebooked on their website only. available in shops in a few weeks or something. i get that supply is short due to the pandemic, but this isn't helping the stores who's helping the brands out in any way.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1247
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2020, 04:43:47 PM »

we receive FA/hockey gear at least a month (if not 2-3) after they're available on the direct site. kids will either assume the shops aren't getting it and divert no attention to them, or buy direct and bear the additional ship/duty prices.

for instance, frog just put out some boards that shops prebooked on their website only. available in shops in a few weeks or something. i get that supply is short due to the pandemic, but this isn't helping the stores who's helping the brands out in any way.

Canada also pays a fucking lot for just about everything. I noticed even Dime, a Canadian company, has jacked up prices. Sweatshirts are $140, jackets $200+. I used to get stuff from Dime pretty often (admittedly directly from them sometimes, shops at times too if I was in the vicinity of one that carried it) but I just can't afford it like that anymore. This may be a result of Covid, I don't know but it is across the board here. In Canada I'm used to having to drop $40 on a t-shirt, but when I'm looking at $70 for an FA shirt for example it's hard to pull the trigger.

That said, it's all the more reason to buy shop gear. I'll happily spend $25 on a Bluetile Lounge tee.

Sorry this is all sort of of topic, but it can be frustrating all the same.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

globe fusion

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2020, 04:49:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Canada also pays a fucking lot for just about everything. I noticed even Dime, a Canadian company, has jacked up prices. Sweatshirts are $140, jackets $200+. I used to get stuff from Dime pretty often (admittedly directly from them sometimes, shops at times too if I was in the vicinity of one that carried it) but I just can't afford it like that anymore. This may be a result of Covid, I don't know but it is across the board here. In Canada I'm used to having to drop $40 on a t-shirt, but when I'm looking at $70 for an FA shirt for example it's hard to pull the trigger.

That said, it's all the more reason to buy shop gear. I'll happily spend $25 on a Bluetile Lounge tee.

Sorry this is all sort of of topic, but it can be frustrating all the same.

prices in Canada have gone mainly due the exchange rate. distributors, shipping, duty and obviously the pandemic has not helped as well.

dime prices went up when they changed their tees/hoodies to american made stuff. i think this allowed them to offer a better quality product and be at the same price point as other comparable brands. obviously going from 30 something to near 50 is a huge increase for canadians.

70$ on an fa tee is outrageous. even 60 lol.

as you said, shop tees are the way to go. they're usually around 20-25$ and shops can (hopefully) pocket more on it.