Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 186503 times)

vinithebr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #3000 on: November 27, 2022, 06:59:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Anybody can switch tree if you give 'em enough attempts.
[close]

How many? Asking for a friend.
I'd personally need a few hundreds

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #3001 on: November 27, 2022, 07:44:07 PM »
It like the monkeys and typewriters and William Shakespeare, only switch tres

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #3002 on: November 27, 2022, 07:47:14 PM »
It was the blurst of times.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #3003 on: November 27, 2022, 07:59:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
skating switch is cool and fun but disparaging a skateboarder with "they don't skate switch" is all i need to hear to never take your opinion seriously again
[close]

A few years ago, when Milton got SOTY, someone commented dismissively that he couldn't even switch tre.
[close]
Lol that’s really stupid. Makes curious tho- I wonder how many SOTYs can’t switch tre. Off the top of my head I’d guess Hawk, Milton, David, TNT and Senn
[close]

When u say David- not sure if ur talking about david gonzalez but if u are, he's got a good sw tre.
Oh crap I thought he was too hesh to have one.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -388
« Reply #3004 on: November 27, 2022, 08:06:44 PM »
Dolphin flip front crook and front feebles are ugly.

mightytrucks

• Rep: -19
« Reply #3005 on: November 27, 2022, 08:21:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
skating switch is cool and fun but disparaging a skateboarder with "they don't skate switch" is all i need to hear to never take your opinion seriously again
[close]

A few years ago, when Milton got SOTY, someone commented dismissively that he couldn't even switch tre.
[close]
Lol that’s really stupid. Makes curious tho- I wonder how many SOTYs can’t switch tre. Off the top of my head I’d guess Hawk, Milton, David, TNT and Senn
[close]

When u say David- not sure if ur talking about david gonzalez but if u are, he's got a good sw tre.
[close]
Oh crap I thought he was too hesh to have one.

David's surprisingly tech for how hesh he is at least his flatground game is. He can whip the hell out of his board with those impossibles, i think front foot impossibles, and sw tres too. He was fun to watch in his batb games.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #3006 on: November 28, 2022, 01:21:01 AM »

Dude wtf that's all we do

Current Capeless

« Reply #3007 on: November 28, 2022, 01:56:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
david can definitely switch tre, i bet tony hawk has done at least one before, i’d also add GT to your list

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CbdnmQBglEy/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #3008 on: November 28, 2022, 02:49:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude wtf that's all we do

Yeah thats my go to trick when I try to intimidate kids at the park

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #3009 on: November 28, 2022, 09:05:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
david can definitely switch tre, i bet tony hawk has done at least one before, i’d also add GT to your list
[close]

Well shit looks like we’re down to Milton, Senn and the Birdman.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3010 on: November 28, 2022, 11:44:03 AM »
i’m on the fence as to cardiels’ ability to switch tre tbh

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1088
« Reply #3011 on: November 28, 2022, 11:49:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Well shit looks like we’re down to Milton, Senn and the Birdman.

To be clear, I don't know whether or not Milton can switch tre. A poster just assumed he could not, presumably because he doesn't have any switch tricks in his parts.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #3012 on: November 28, 2022, 11:57:27 AM »
Switch mongo is sick, I think it's the way people bounce into the sideways stance after pushing which doesn't happen with regular mongo. Watch Kalis or someone do it, it looks gangster
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -61
« Reply #3013 on: November 28, 2022, 12:10:26 PM »
I respect his tricks, but Deedz has atrocious style and looks fucking stupid in all his oversized shorts.

Agreed. I can't help but think he looks like he'd smell like an ashtray full of cat piss.

lilyung

• Rep: -8
« Reply #3014 on: November 28, 2022, 01:16:20 PM »
That Luis Mora dude seems like the biggest Strobek wanna-be. Right down to his corny-ass Supreme rip-off brand he zooms in on in every shot. Their new line has a hat called Dream Eater that is a straight up rip off of a pokemon (Haunter) too lol...

I mean aside from filming style, which a lot of ppl seem to b doing, idk if there's anything else similar to Strobeck. That channel is quintessential skate vlog shit

Erased seems to have some intentional art direction for a streetwear start up. Not even a fan of their gear but I don't think they're ripping off preme.

It's def a rip but it's hard to tell if they're actually tryna pass it as their own graphic. Gengar/Haunter are kinda trending as far as anime ripoffs go.
Dream Eater is one of Haunter's heavy hitter attacks. Prolly less likely to get a cease and desist by not using the actual name

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #3015 on: November 28, 2022, 02:21:06 PM »
Expand Quote
That Luis Mora dude seems like the biggest Strobek wanna-be. Right down to his corny-ass Supreme rip-off brand he zooms in on in every shot. Their new line has a hat called Dream Eater that is a straight up rip off of a pokemon (Haunter) too lol...
[close]

I mean aside from filming style, which a lot of ppl seem to b doing, idk if there's anything else similar to Strobeck. That channel is quintessential skate vlog shit

Erased seems to have some intentional art direction for a streetwear start up. Not even a fan of their gear but I don't think they're ripping off preme.

It's def a rip but it's hard to tell if they're actually tryna pass it as their own graphic. Gengar/Haunter are kinda trending as far as anime ripoffs go.
Dream Eater is one of Haunter's heavy hitter attacks. Prolly less likely to get a cease and desist by not using the actual name

That's fair yeah. They do have a full-length coming out though so we shall see. I guess I just don't get the streetwear stuff and lump it all into the same pile. The thing is I actually enjoy a lot of the skateboarding he films regardless of the filming style, I just can't stand the vlog shit as I don't want to see them eat food and bro down and all that.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #3016 on: November 28, 2022, 02:55:50 PM »
Neither Nyjah nor Tyshawn deserve to be skater of the year, they don't have a creative bone in their body

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3017 on: November 29, 2022, 09:57:59 AM »
Maybe I'm out of the loop but, what's up with this thing where people do "smith grinds" but it really looks like they're jumping over the rail into a backside feeble. Like an overfeeble or something.
Saw it a number of times in that new Darkroom video.
Are people trying to play these off as smith grinds? If so, I don't like that.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #3018 on: November 29, 2022, 10:02:00 AM »
Nyjah and tyshawn overlap in style a good amount

Both of them love short shorts with high white socks and skate to really poopy ass music

They both skate obstacles that a teenager with no skill wishes they could skate one day

I have absolutely zero interest in their respective crews

thats whats so sick about skateboarding!  there are no rules! no uniforms!

bummer about enjoi breaking up  :-[ ... hopefully that new emerica vid holds you over!

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #3019 on: November 29, 2022, 10:09:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

beautiful one

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #3020 on: November 30, 2022, 12:30:22 AM »
This is more for like a “fried connect the dots thread,” but william strobeck is the larry clark of skateboarding, just more played and burnt out.

IpathCats

« Reply #3021 on: November 30, 2022, 05:39:44 AM »

I feel like switch is only cool when someone is either really bad at it, or really good at it.

If you have an average bag of switch tricks, im really not interested. Just do a better looking reg trick.

But if it takes everything you can to switch flip and you pull one down something, thats fucking gnarly.

Or if you are like prod/luan/pj ladd and your stance is almost hard to identify, thats cool too.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3022 on: November 30, 2022, 05:59:26 AM »

bummer about enjoi breaking up  :-[ ... hopefully that new emerica vid holds you over!

Breaking up because one dude is leaving the team?

Capnsully

• Rep: -7
« Reply #3023 on: November 30, 2022, 06:09:50 AM »
More like bravo sports because they refused to pay the factory and their riders.
It’s not skateboarders or skateboarding it’s corporate mentality brought into our self-made industry.
Get the cuck out of here, you slaves.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3024 on: November 30, 2022, 06:22:14 AM »
More like bravo sports because they refused to pay the factory and their riders.
It’s not skateboarders or skateboarding it’s corporate mentality brought into our self-made industry.
Get the cuck out of here, you slaves.

consolidated went out of business

Capnsully

« Reply #3025 on: November 30, 2022, 06:37:32 AM »
consolidated went out of business
[/quote]

More like they decided to close it down and live out the the rest of their lives in retirement.

Not just stop paying people and waiting to see it implode.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3026 on: November 30, 2022, 06:48:07 AM »
Brand new account calling people "cucks" and "slaves", we're doing that today, eh?

Capnsully

« Reply #3027 on: November 30, 2022, 07:08:59 AM »

Brand new account calling people "cucks" and "slaves", we're doing that today, eh?

Yep. We won’t move forward until people realize where they are.

So you think I’m new to skateboarding because I didn’t get too involved with all the misstatements. But when I have Pro skateboarders that ride for said company come into my full owned no debt skate shop and tell they haven’t been paid for 7 months. Y’all need the hear some shit.

Lines Skateboarding. We aren’t the biggest but serve the ones that are true. Example. Pro skateboarders.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3028 on: November 30, 2022, 07:34:37 AM »
you talk like a dweeb

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1956
« Reply #3029 on: November 30, 2022, 08:27:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yep. We won’t move forward until people realize where they are.

So you think I’m new to skateboarding because I didn’t get too involved with all the misstatements. But when I have Pro skateboarders that ride for said company come into my full owned no debt skate shop and tell they haven’t been paid for 7 months. Y’all need the hear some shit.

Lines Skateboarding. We aren’t the biggest but serve the ones that are true. Example. Pro skateboarders.

glad to see the nursing home has a good internet connection