Author Topic: Uncle Freddy of booze?  (Read 8361 times)

sododgy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Uncle Freddy of booze?
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2018, 10:05:57 PM »
before the conversation turns into “bam should take care of himself” it should be known that most addicts will help everyone around them get free from drug and alcohol addiction before getting clean themselves. bam has the resources to get uncle freddy the help he needs and is doing all he can to get him taken care of.

So much of this. Also makes it better to bear Novak is involved in some way considering his success and how much recovery (and spreading it to others) means to him.

Bertie

• Rep: 65
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2018, 11:30:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
before the conversation turns into “bam should take care of himself” it should be known that most addicts will help everyone around them get free from drug and alcohol addiction before getting clean themselves. bam has the resources to get uncle freddy the help he needs and is doing all he can to get him taken care of.
[close]

Yeah this seems like nothing other than positive to me.
[close]

Yup, at least he is surrounding himself with people that are sober, slowly but he will.

Hopefully uncle Fred comes through. As for what 123ABC said, he's more of a hero for getting clean like some Pals have.
[close]

Just to reiterate, I am not wishing ill of Freds journeys into sobriety, I’m just confused as to where people truly stand on this topic.
FG early career/profile in skateboarding was awesome but his, like many, downward spiral has bought on conflicting comments and veiws.
Not hating just confused.
First off he’s nobodys clown and I think its a bit fucked up to say that in public about somene trying to recover themselves. Second theres no reason to be confused, people are posting their feelings about this - mostly positive with a couple trolls. The love here for Fred Gall is genuine and rooted in his skate footage, his amazing stories and apparent attitude. And his noseblunt yank-ins.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2018, 12:47:26 AM »
i support you fred but how many monks will you save while sober?

thread closed

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2018, 12:47:38 AM »

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2018, 04:53:05 AM »
This is great news and I'm rooting for him.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2018, 05:02:01 AM »
I could change his life with Kratom :/
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2018, 05:42:14 AM »

I’ve been taking kratom for almost a year after getting off subutex. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just as bad but in different ways. Kratom is super affordable but u have to dose three times a day and the beg onset of kratom withdrawals is worse than subs but they just don’t last as long. Kratom tastes terrible and makes me super shaky and I can’t skate. I used to recommend it but now I’m not sure it’s that great. Just another replacement. Best part of it is how cheap it is and the boost of energy it provides
try to remember, forget

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2018, 06:33:52 AM »
having heard some insane stories of fred, i'm genuinely surprise he is still alive. hope he get his shit together.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2018, 06:41:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve been taking kratom for almost a year after getting off subutex. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just as bad but in different ways. Kratom is super affordable but u have to dose three times a day and the beg onset of kratom withdrawals is worse than subs but they just don’t last as long. Kratom tastes terrible and makes me super shaky and I can’t skate. I used to recommend it but now I’m not sure it’s that great. Just another replacement. Best part of it is how cheap it is and the boost of energy it provides
That’s a bummer, it’s def addicting and can cause withdrawals but if it’s making you shakey, that means you’re taking too much.
With kratom, less can me more.
I probably take like30/40 grams a day (massive amount I know it contradicts the “less isn’t more”) and have been for a year. But on the other end, I have a co worker and a couple friends who have got off major alcoholism and very heavy pill and heroin use. Their life is completely different and changed for the better since they started.
It’s not for everyone of course.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

notcool

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2018, 03:16:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i'm on subutex right now. was told to use kratom to get off it. tried it and it did nothing.  also its trading one addiction for another.  people say oh just do it like twice a week but thats a slippery slope.

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2018, 08:48:55 AM »
Damn ya'll faded. The local bong store owner all about that kratom also, shit seems strange

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2018, 09:01:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
  i'm on subutex right now. was told to use kratom to get off it. tried it and it did nothing.  also its trading one addiction for another.  people say oh just do it like twice a week but thats a slippery slope.
Well it’s trading an addiction for something that will not cause repertory depression.
Did you buy the powder for or capsules and how much did you take? For a strong pill user, you need about a ten gram dose on an empty stomach. If you bought the capsules, there’s a good chance that your body will pass it before the kratom even gets absorbed into your body.
I’ve never heard anyone say take it twice a week. Take it everyday a few times a day, you’re trading heroin withdrawal for something like cigarette withdrawal.
Plus there’s antioxidants in the plant.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1186
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2018, 12:14:02 PM »
Isn’t that the stuff that hurts Superman if he gets near it?  Doesn’t seem like it would help, but whatevz
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.