Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 173535 times)

indigenous_nudity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #900 on: April 05, 2014, 09:04:34 PM »
today i skated by andy roy and juien stranger and they yelled at me to do a kickflip and i didnt land it. then i came back and they yelled the same thing and i did it. almost shit myself.

Shredsledder

« Reply #901 on: April 08, 2014, 08:28:04 PM »
psylocybin + skateboarding

I was having a grand old time until I scorpioned and ripped my pant leg up to my thigh.

I probably shouldn't be trying to use a computer right now.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #902 on: April 09, 2014, 12:47:02 AM »
wallies and bullshit and wallies and bullshit and wallies and bullshit

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #903 on: April 09, 2014, 08:30:16 AM »
Being 40 years old n falling n laughing , 41 next month laying in the street hahaha The ol shred stick is the fountain of youth .

jacktharipper

• Rep: -26
  • Graphics Out
« Reply #904 on: April 09, 2014, 10:28:55 AM »
Skated the park yesterday with two old friends and it was really fun. The part that I particularly enjoyed was meeting and talking to two kids I hadn't met. They were not the SLAP type (maybe they are these days....) We discussed skating a bit which is quite different than arguing about it on this forum with a bunch of pretentious, opinionated skate nerds. They made statements referencing Berrics videos and street league, both were wearing Janoskis, and one of the kids actually admitted to me that he worked at Zumiez for the past couple years but had just quit recently.

Why did I enjoy this so much? These kids were NOT kooks. In fact, they probably skate 10x more than the majority of the shitty posters on this forum. Both of the kids ripped, and genuinely loved skateboarding. After we sessioned for about 2 hours, the ex-zumiez employee rolled up a generous spliff and smoked me and my friends out.

In that moment I realized that skateboarding IS STILL ALIVE in it's purest form. Reach out to those who differ and you'll find the common thread that makes us all the same.
MN -> IL

Fish

• Rep: -3
« Reply #905 on: April 09, 2014, 11:28:06 AM »
I've done some treflips, bigspins, bs nollie 360s and manuals after rolling my ankle :)

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #906 on: April 09, 2014, 12:43:18 PM »
Hitting 2 parks and getting a sunburn.

jam bra

• Rep: 3
« Reply #907 on: April 09, 2014, 07:36:34 PM »
I was doing a line at the park today.

Fakie front noseslide the ledge, sw flip on the bank, then nollie back tail on the same ledge.

I landed it a few times, felt good. This kid, he was probably 13-14, starts doing nollie back tails right after me and lands one.

Then lazerbeams me. I smiled and nodded.

It was rad. Might've bummed me out when I was younger, but I'm old.

Skating is awesome.

Radbloke

• Rep: 75
  • Quit jivin me, turkey.
« Reply #908 on: April 09, 2014, 09:13:53 PM »
Been working crazy hours and was having a terrible session last night due to fatigue. It was the first time I've started to get angry at myself in ages. Then some little aboriginal girls that live near the park came down and asked if they could use my board. They spent half an hour rolling around and laughing and it warmed my icy heart. I gave them my setup and went home much happier.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #909 on: April 10, 2014, 07:18:06 AM »
Somebody I don't know complimented my flat ground kickflips. He like the way I "sort of late flip them". Can't say I can do them any other way.

shark tits

« Reply #910 on: April 18, 2014, 05:28:03 PM »
skated clark today w/ my friend who traded me my first skate [for a compound bow] 22 yrs ago. lots of girls in yoga pants givin me yogurt pants and i finagled 2 bs 180 nosegrinds on granite [only ever did them on boxes before] and did some fun noseslides to fakie and high fived the statue of sigmund freud. my buddy has slowed down a lot over the decades but i'm hoping to get him out a bunch this summer and film him doing dumb long slappy noseslides like he usedta.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #911 on: April 18, 2014, 11:54:14 PM »
I was doing a line at the park today.

Fakie front noseslide the ledge, sw flip on the bank, then nollie back tail on the same ledge.

I landed it a few times, felt good. This kid, he was probably 13-14, starts doing nollie back tails right after me and lands one.

Then lazerbeams me. I smiled and nodded.

It was rad. Might've bummed me out when I was younger, but I'm old.

Skating is awesome.

One of the main reason why I only skate parks with the old folks after 10pm... Share a 12 pack and laugh at the fact that we still can't 360 flip over the 3 stairs gap.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #912 on: April 19, 2014, 12:00:25 AM »
Waited an hour at the park/ complex to skate today due to rain. Also got the easy nosegrind on tranny better than ever. 

Fish

• Rep: -3
« Reply #913 on: April 19, 2014, 03:46:34 AM »
Skate in new shoes... one of the best feelings ever.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #914 on: April 19, 2014, 03:52:32 AM »
Out skating last night at 10:30 as if I didn't have to wake up at 3 this morning.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #915 on: April 19, 2014, 06:12:41 AM »
 Was on shitty sleep and felt like shit, but I decided to cruise by the park last night anyways to roll around for a bit. Saw this kid Sheldon there, one of the local park rats, and we ended up playing a game of skate. It ended up getting pretty intense and it lasted for a while. Every trick i would set he would land, and every trick he would set i would land. I also got backside flips back in that game after losing them for a while now. Lots of tricks landed, lots of playful shit talking in between, lots of laughter, overall a good time. It's little shit like this that keeps me stoked on skating.

BRO

« Reply #916 on: April 19, 2014, 06:17:13 AM »
cars.

Capt. Sickcunt

« Reply #917 on: April 19, 2014, 07:51:16 AM »
when you randomly come back to trying a trick and it just becomes a whole lot easier, its like daym homie i was bustin ma ass for this gourmet dish like a month ago but now i polish that shit up like its nothin

BRIX SKWIKZ

• Rep: -84
« Reply #918 on: April 26, 2014, 12:32:36 AM »
i tatttooed SKATEBOARD in the youngest dude of my crew he deserves it

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #919 on: April 26, 2014, 07:34:17 AM »
Been working crazy hours and was having a terrible session last night due to fatigue. It was the first time I've started to get angry at myself in ages. Then some little aboriginal girls that live near the park came down and asked if they could use my board. They spent half an hour rolling around and laughing and it warmed my icy heart. I gave them my setup and went home much happier.

Awesome.:)

shark tits

« Reply #920 on: April 26, 2014, 07:40:52 AM »
good deal brix, that pool w/ the statues looks awesome. today's rainy but yesterday my buddy wouldn't take me to all my slum spots cause he wanted to skate a janky factory down the hill but i got a kickflip off the side of a loading dock ramp and i had to work for it so that stoked me out. was close to fs flip but he started seething and threw his board in the drink so we left. then later we built a gnarly ledge off a drop and i showed him all my spots in the hep C zip code and he actually was into them so we'll prolly skate them tomorrow. life takes forever but i would rather spend it skating aesthetically unique spots.

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #921 on: April 26, 2014, 09:49:43 AM »
Skate in new shoes... one of the best feelings ever.

Good for you!
For me it's probaply the worst feeling ever. The 1st sessions are always going to be horrible...

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #922 on: April 27, 2014, 08:29:40 PM »

MEETING THE GANG AFTER A LONG TIME AND GETTING KUDOS FROM THEM

CHICKS SHOUTING THEIR PHONE NUMBERS FOR ME

shark tits

« Reply #923 on: May 09, 2014, 02:57:38 PM »
[last night] skating my convenience store at the bottom of my hill, 2 boys and a girl were on boards. i pitched a good game of SKATE, the girl was hyped on my fakie fs flip and i was glad when they left. i showed them a wallride first, they were kind of idiots about skating but maybe they'll be cool in a few yrs and they'll remember that janitor who did all those flip tricks he must've learned in college. afterwards i did a bunch of flatground/off curb stuff and some wallies, grabbed me some skor bars and trudged home to melt them shits in coffee.

greenmilktea

• Rep: -10
« Reply #924 on: May 10, 2014, 02:06:53 AM »
went to in n out with my friends tonight and did a frontslide slappy with my friends board, that felt good cause i just learned them recently

CumOnYourFace

« Reply #925 on: May 10, 2014, 03:07:15 AM »
not eating shit and landing most tricks

hydrant hopper

• Rep: 4
« Reply #926 on: May 10, 2014, 10:40:22 PM »
Ollied a sleeping homeless person while pushing around downtown tonight.

silkyjohnson

« Reply #927 on: May 11, 2014, 03:37:24 AM »
Had a park all to myself and ended the day with a red curb session at some school by my house.  skating by myself aint half bad

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #928 on: May 11, 2014, 05:09:50 AM »
I helped nudge a couple dudes into learning some new tricks.  Dudes were stoked to roll away from them.  I would have made a great TM.

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #929 on: May 12, 2014, 12:42:49 AM »
cruised around with one of the most technical sk8ers i know making some slash carvings ad he gnared me for my ollies !!!