Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 173552 times)

shark tits

Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #930 on: May 12, 2014, 06:27:02 AM »
had to roll out solo cause my downstairs neighbor be boolshitting! ran into a peurto rican kid i've skated w/ before and the kid he was w/ i'd beat in SKATE the night before. he goes 'that's him' like i stole their money or something and they all absconded. i shrugged, did a wallride at Honey Farms like a dog pissing on his hydrant and went downtown, ollied the guardrail into the bank at kenmore a few times, bailed a few 180s, bombed hills doing basic stuff over manhole covers and this new powerslide i learned, like a sw bs 180. 50-50'd that ledge we built atop a 4 foot loading dock and rode away cleaner than the one where gypper said i was picking up busfare. nobody around to film [or hear my screams] so i didn't try anything else on it.
sw wallride a jersey [really shitty i'm sure] and felt like 28 days later it was so dead downtown. then i got the moral supierority of being the only living person making something of mother's day sunday.

Hannity

« Reply #931 on: May 12, 2014, 03:55:10 PM »
getting too high to skate

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #932 on: May 12, 2014, 04:03:53 PM »
Looking back to when i use to have to beg my parents for new skate products and now being able to get anything i need. It makes me appreciate my board more and trips me out when i think about what i was able to do with really worn out product.

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #933 on: May 12, 2014, 07:09:16 PM »
Did one nice FS Rock.

shitdick

• Rep: -9
« Reply #934 on: May 13, 2014, 06:11:06 AM »
Friendship (as in hate on everyone and talk shit about slap forum topics)
"I sew the tags on myself, I iron them into triangles myself, and then I roll them up and put them in the fancy packaging they come in. All myself." 

- P. Pasq

shark tits

« Reply #935 on: May 14, 2014, 07:36:32 PM »
got wheelbite kickflipping off a curb at honey farms and tumblesaulted back to my feet and this kid skating by said 'that was the most angelic fall i've ever seen.'
saint shark tits.
some thug wigger kid asked me if i just rode up a wall and i nodded even though it was rhetorical.

junior college

• Rep: -19
« Reply #936 on: May 14, 2014, 07:47:23 PM »
drinking beer with the antihero beer cover thing at the skatepark with formula fours

BraveUlysses

« Reply #937 on: May 15, 2014, 11:21:36 AM »
LOL!!!!!

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #938 on: May 16, 2014, 10:09:02 AM »
After skating nothing but park all week, I met up with a few friends around last night 11pm for a late night street sesh. They all had to be up super early in the morning, so the plan was just to skate til midnight and then call it a sesh. We ended up having so much fun that we stayed out til 2am.
First spot we hit up was this empty parking lot; red curbs, three stairs, and manny pads, just fun lil stuff to fuck around on. We all played skate on the red curb, which was one of the funnest games of skate I've played in a while. Seshed the pad and stairs for a bit, then we hit up this ditch spot near this freeway overpass, which surprisingly had really good lighting. We all got pretty wrecked trying to get tricks there, but we all got our tricks by the end of it and celebrated.
Good times.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 10:59:13 AM by Noble Experiment »

BRIX SKWIKZ

• Rep: -84
« Reply #939 on: May 25, 2014, 09:09:38 PM »
going back home and bombing some monster hills and curbs  after hitting the road on a zine tour for a week ! sk8ing the legendary streets of pompeia in sao paulo is awesome, mellow hills and amazing art everywhere and lots of beautiful cool people  !rio de janeiro is not really user friendly at all a lot sketchier those portuguese pavements are the silliest thing ever and all the beautiful monuments from the past  in  ruins break my heart plus seaside towns tend to be such a bore with all that endless paddling for miles but i was born there so it was good to to do some ollies and powerslides and meet some amazing friends and local artists that made it up for it all!

shark tits

« Reply #940 on: May 25, 2014, 09:20:32 PM »
was bombing down grafton hill to check on our DIY wallride and got a little kid posse following me down. i vanquished them in SKATE w/ a sw bs flip [they did the whistle finger spin but i did it twice so fuck them] then i ran into these 2 20somethings skating a perfect box on a side street. they were interested in DIY-ing a QP and i told em i make obscure street obstacles but i'd help them if they helped me. i landed a bs 180 nosegrind on their box and gave a kid my phone like 'call your number and you'll have my number.'
short while later i get a call from a stranger 'this is steve, did you call me?'
fuckin kid gave me a gank phone number but i know where they live so if dude's gonna be a pussy like that i may take my new sawzall down there and cleave their box in 2. dropped in on a jersey and giggled maniacally when i landed it. then i did a nosewheelie at honey farms and little ghetto kids were cheering me on.
oh, way before that my neighbor and i put the flatbar in front of the house and i was battling cabs on the uneven road. moved to the sunny side of the street and did cab, halfcab flip and bs heel in a line right before a drizzle. went skating like 4 times and they were all awesome.

mini pebble

• Rep: -43
« Reply #941 on: May 25, 2014, 09:22:52 PM »
Double flips hate.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #942 on: May 25, 2014, 09:35:30 PM »
Sweated out the beer I drank this weekend
Went to the indoor today, elbow pads no longer required  :D

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
« Reply #943 on: June 05, 2014, 06:37:14 PM »
Sweated out the beer I drank this weekend
Went to the indoor today, elbow pads no longer required?  :D

But you felt you should wear them anyway, lest that two thirds of a Bud Light Lime Mojito still had you buzzed.

shark tits

« Reply #944 on: June 05, 2014, 07:53:24 PM »
went to honey farms solo and they repainted the yellow curbs. weaseled a nollie noseslide and a few sw 50-50s [fs halfcab out, i suck] and noticed one of my yellow wallie blocks had a big sign above it reading 'we cheerfully accept WIC' and i thought of 2pac given a 'shoutout to my sister's on welfare' and beamed. it looks like you'll plow right into the cardboard WIC sign but i was able to wallie it. same as it ever was. listened to a bunch of 'archers of loaf' before i went out and just kinda minded my own business and for once didn't get any requests or lame shit that makes me self conscious of what trick i'm gonna do next or just sit down til they leave.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #945 on: June 07, 2014, 11:28:11 PM »
first slappy sunday in a few weeks, feeling closer to normal on board again, got kicked out after 10 minutes but fuck it felt good while it lasted

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #946 on: June 08, 2014, 12:47:00 AM »
Skating different spots and trying different tricks as a result of skating with someone you've never skated with before.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #947 on: June 08, 2014, 09:47:31 AM »
Figured out halfcab nose wheelies. Pop it hard but keep it low, that'll put front foot in the right spot w/o trying to come down into a nosewheelie from too high up. Luh dem lightbulb moments.

This was particularly awesome cause the last time I went skating I had my first "getting old" moment, felt like gravity was turned up and jumping higher than 6" off the ground suddenly required effort. It motivated me to eat better, cut down drinking/smoking, and skate more, cause that shit is unacceptable
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:01:07 AM by formeitscrazylike »

4wheels

« Reply #948 on: June 08, 2014, 10:05:17 AM »
worked 9am-9pm at a skateshop yesterday and all day today. does that count for anything

here

• Rep: -2
« Reply #949 on: June 08, 2014, 11:08:18 AM »
Figured out halfcab nose wheelies. Pop it hard but keep it low, that'll put front foot in the right spot w/o trying to come down into a nosewheelie from too high up. Luh dem lightbulb moments.

This was particularly awesome cause the last time I went skating I had my first "getting old" moment, felt like gravity was turned up and jumping higher than 6" off the ground suddenly required effort. It motivated me to eat better, cut down drinking/smoking, and skate more, cause that shit is unacceptable

Consider the diet best fit for the human species. A diet based on wild (not cultivated) plants and animals consuming their evolutionarily appropriate diets (cows eating grass instead of grain). An estimated 10,000 years ago (an estimated 5% of homo sapien history) humans became agriculturalists, a blink in the eye of our species evolution. Our diets changed dramaticallly as we domesticated plants and animals, breeding them for our own purposes, often choosing calories over nutrition. Leaving us with giant sweet fruits, plentiful, easily stored seeds of grass (grains), and animals more docile and meaty and meaty than their ancestors (a chihuahua was bred from the grey wolf). Just as most domesticated humans (you, I and the other) would have little chance surviving and producing healthy children if we were cast into the wild today the plants and animals most of us are used to consuming find themselves in the same condition, ignorant to meet their needs for survival (without the use of chemical or organic pesticides and neatly planted rows of crops we call beds).

IMO knowledge is power and any step towards dietary awareness can be beneficial to longevity and genetic expression (marijuana seems to affect it) wild nutrition is where I aim.

Daniel Vitalis, strange as he can be, provides excellent information on the diet of hunter gather particularly in his magazine "Dispatch, 2"

shark tits

« Reply #950 on: June 08, 2014, 06:44:45 PM »
it was me, the dirtnek and bruh man at hobo hideout. we performed a bit of freemasonry to improve the fs run up and were doing tricks on the ledge going the other way. someone brought up skating inside the factory. nek and i had gone in there a few times in the past and skated the giant slant banks.
the 3 of us moved some radiators out of the runway, transported a filing cabinet up a flight of stairs and were doing lines. it was loud, dusty and fun. we leave and have a chat w/ some poor urban whites about the wild cats they were feeding and notice to cops blocking the only road out.
the 2 cops multiplied a few times but we stuck to the script 'we were skating the loading dock out back' even when the cop told us 'the video shows 3 skates inside the building.'
he may or may not have been boolshitting but long story short they let us go and go swimming we did.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
  • the moon rules
« Reply #951 on: June 08, 2014, 08:52:23 PM »
i just finished a two week cross country work trip. i didn't get to skate a single day. i came home and the feeling of stepping on my board made me happy. i don't have to work all week and you better believe i'm skating up until next monday when i start my next job. i'm going to have to stretch a months worth of skating into this one week because i'll only have saturday and sundays until mid july
fuck you bama

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3376
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #952 on: June 09, 2014, 12:52:23 PM »
I enjoyed rolling around at 40 and completely sucking and still landing a couple little ollies.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #953 on: June 11, 2014, 09:43:13 AM »
Nothing spices up the workday like aches & pains from new skate injuries.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #954 on: June 11, 2014, 11:24:24 AM »
Yesterday I was feeling pretty exhausted while skating after coming back from a camping trip. My legs felt heavy and the board wasn't reacting like I hoped it would. Somehow though, I did a couple tricks that felt really good- an ollie from flat to tailslide a bank to drop in, and a no-comply like the Ishod thrasher cover over a ledge. The rest of the day sucked, but those felt amazing, so the session was worth it in the end.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

PEEP GAME

• Rep: 4
« Reply #955 on: June 11, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
didn't see any "introduce" threads. here's the math =
Hyperextended/Tweaked left knee (Reggie stance) on a back grind had my sweet tooth pulled so I'm off wheels temporarily. couch slouching today so I registered. Thing I'm psyched on about skateboarding today? "the motherfucking godamn freedom".

1st post.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #956 on: June 12, 2014, 07:11:01 AM »
Skated a new [to me] backyard mini that was impressively well built (though only 16' wide, still constantly rolling off the sides). Realized I still hadn't lost everything, just most of what, I learned around '99-'02 when I skated almost nothing but the Skatelab's old 6' mini (I miss you). Watched the 40+ crew tear the ramp to shreds in stark style contrast to the ripping youngsters, and seeing the excitement on my buddy's daughter's face when she dropped in for the first time.

Yesterday was yet another reminder of all the things I dig about skateboarding and further punctuated my love for the Austin TX skate scene, and the people who make it so rad.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #957 on: June 12, 2014, 07:51:22 AM »
I did around 50 ss shovits without pop today
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

shark tits

« Reply #958 on: June 15, 2014, 08:54:51 PM »
bombed down to honey farms on new wheels and because my pivot cups are garbage i can shake my trucks like daewon. still riding an old deck w/ no pop but was doing ricky o lines from one end of the parking lot to the other, even going around the ATM to hit the wallride and intermittently laughing to myself like 'god would never mess w/ me playing the greatest game of golf in my life'. impressed some white trash hero w/ a nosewheelie then fell off a kickflip in front of some spanish whore.
been skating the plaza for almost 20 yrs, seen beatdowns, arrests, a drive-by and a whore work all night then take her 5 yr old to school. maybe nobody else would agree w/ me but i think it's about the greatest spot [asides nothing to grind/slide but yellow curbs]. i should do a ricky o metrospective there some time.

Wayne Regretzky

« Reply #959 on: June 17, 2014, 06:43:36 AM »
I did around 50 ss shovits without pop today
I loved Danny Sargent's(around the 40second mark) backed up by a stance big-spin.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 10:03:59 AM by Wayne Regretzky »