Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 173323 times)

Justis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #1110 on: April 09, 2017, 09:44:19 PM »
just feelin the boat was fun today, first really nice day

weaselhead

• Rep: 36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1111 on: April 09, 2017, 09:51:01 PM »
hipper where you slide in fetal position after impact, it's a nice feeling once you get past the initial slam
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 09:54:01 PM by weaselhead »
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

shark tits

« Reply #1112 on: April 11, 2017, 10:27:22 PM »
cops asked 'how you doing?' so i threw a shaka. said 'you can't loiter here, keep it moving' so i put down my water and nollied off the curb, pushed to the wallie. stopped, came back did a few tricks in a line and kept it moving and whether the cops thought i was autistic or they really just didn't want me standing still it worked and they left before i did.
check and mate, officers!

Dos Mef

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1113 on: April 12, 2017, 01:23:14 AM »
Taking the dog out with me on an extra long skate around the park next door early in the morning. Had a manual from past the basketball courts and out to the parking lot at high speed (a couple hundred feet maybe?) that felt super good.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1114 on: April 12, 2017, 07:08:37 PM »
again, just cruising to and from work on my board everyday, makes you so much more comfortable (esp. at my age).
took a pretty big/ random slam yesterday actually. was one of those ones where you get up and you're like, "okay, where's the blood/ rips in my clothes?"
I don't really like taking falls but it's always a good reminder when you're picking yourself up off the ground that this is what skating involves.
*inserts Jake Phelps quote about the hard streets and blood and skating owing you nothing*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

micky682

« Reply #1115 on: April 13, 2017, 07:58:44 AM »
Going out, stepping on my board, and not feeling any pain. ;D

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #1116 on: April 13, 2017, 08:35:20 AM »
in the midst of helping my friend with planning a new diy i ended up getting into an hour long battle for a trick.

i lost but it was my first battle of the season.  i forgot how much i missed hating skateboarding.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1117 on: April 13, 2017, 10:20:27 AM »
in the midst of helping my friend with planning a new diy i ended up getting into an hour long battle for a trick.

i lost but it was my first battle of the season.  i forgot how much i missed hating skateboarding.

It will make the subsequential returns to get it that much more savory my dude. Get it!

My school has got some good hills to it and I've been cooking them too much after binging some GX footage. This fucked up beautiful girl in my O.chem lab saw me and told me later that day that I was an idiot and was going to end up in a wheel chair. Leaving mad chubbed the rest of the day from it.
Hills are the best.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #1118 on: April 13, 2017, 10:41:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It will make the subsequential returns to get it that much more savory my dude. Get it!

My school has got some good hills to it and I've been cooking them too much after binging some GX footage. This fucked up beautiful girl in my O.chem lab saw me and told me later that day that I was an idiot and was going to end up in a wheel chair. Leaving mad chubbed the rest of the day from it.
Hills are the best.

if the diy comes out the way my friend is dreaming ill be spending A LOT of time there. so it will happen for sure.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

assholo

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1119 on: April 13, 2017, 12:59:39 PM »
Volunteering at the new community DIY, sweeping some floors and pouring 'crete. It's gonna be done soon YEAH!

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1120 on: April 15, 2017, 08:28:00 PM »
I put hard bushings on my trucks, but since they were too big for my low trucks, I sanded them down a bit. Should have sanded more, but I really wanted to go out in the sunshine, so I just left them as loose as I could and went to town. Big mistake. The back nut was too loose and it dropped somewhere. When I stepped off my board and popped it up, the back truck went flying, alongside a bunch of parts. I could only find bottom bushing and washer, and the truck proper. Good thing I had spares. So now I finished the job properly, or at least I hope so.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1121 on: April 16, 2017, 05:31:16 PM »
nollie back tails on a board with a big square tail - they just feel so right
haven't done that trick in years either so it felt good to get them back
#oldman

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #1122 on: April 16, 2017, 07:23:54 PM »
Had a super good time skating with a couple friends today , went to a spot I always wanted to go to and filmed a trick I have always wanted to do there didn't have to struggle too much so I was super stoked on that.

Lurper

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1123 on: April 16, 2017, 11:04:34 PM »
The weather was perfect so I went on a solo skate mission downtown tonight. Stoked to have the downtown to myself and I realized a few spots that I had dismissed actually could be fun.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"that guy is double parked."
"Who cares? there are people starving to death! besides, how does that affect you? does it lessen the joy of parking?

assholo

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1124 on: April 17, 2017, 02:31:14 AM »
A kid that was doing back smiths on a down rail that i'd barely touch, and doing kf noseslide down a box gave me props on a fs board. Good etiquette, kid!

Frankicide

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1125 on: April 17, 2017, 04:31:19 AM »
Finally started to get my early grabs back above coping, met some rad new dudes at the park with whom i ended up having mutual friends, worked on sweepers.

MC3

• Rep: 136
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #1126 on: April 17, 2017, 04:19:15 PM »
Found a cone at a schoolyard and got my legs back after winter with a buddy. Some young kids came up playing the most ridiculous music for 13 year olds out of a boom box and got super hyped on us just ollieing and 180-ing this cone. Birds were chirping sun was shining. Cruised home on a newly-paved road
(Cool Trick GIF)

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #1127 on: April 18, 2017, 08:06:37 AM »
Back to back 360 power slides down a mellow hill to get the feeling back. When you're an old doofus that's lost a lot of tricks, it feels good to open up with an old reliable.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1128 on: April 18, 2017, 10:19:18 AM »
Skating is the best and I really like this thread.

This week I went from an 8.25 popsicle with 139's to an 8.75 (slightly) shaped board with 159's just to experiment and it's been really fun. I haven't really lost any flip tricks, and landing feels more solid. I am feeling good on my board after having a few weeks where I felt off.

I also filmed last night with my best friend for 4 hours at some crazy/weird spots and it was just so much fun. He and I have very good chemistry skating/filming together. He rips and I get so much joy from filming so it's just a blast. Plus night footage looks so awesome.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #1129 on: April 18, 2017, 10:36:50 AM »
Skating is the best and I really like this thread.

This week I went from an 8.25 popsicle with 139's to an 8.75 (slightly) shaped board with 159's just to experiment and it's been really fun. I haven't really lost any flip tricks, and landing feels more solid. I am feeling good on my board after having a few weeks where I felt off.

I also filmed last night with my best friend for 4 hours at some crazy/weird spots and it was just so much fun. He and I have very good chemistry skating/filming together. He rips and I get so much joy from filming so it's just a blast. Plus night footage looks so awesome.

I'm kind of jealous. I'm riding an 8.25 popsicle and Indy 139's with 52.5 mm wheels, and I can't get used to it for the life of me. I feel like 8.25 is the equivalent of a 7.75 when I started skating, but somehow my tricks haven't translated over...
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1130 on: April 18, 2017, 11:28:15 PM »
nollie back tails on a board with a big square tail - they just feel so right
haven't done that trick in years either so it felt good to get them back
#oldman
Fuck yea,that trick is so much fun to do! This summer I decided to learn back nollie bs ts shove-it, haven't land that trick in ages...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1131 on: April 19, 2017, 12:06:36 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=51056.msg2633093#msg2633093 date=1492583295
Fuck yea,that trick is so much fun to do! This summer I decided to learn back nollie bs ts shove-it, haven't land that trick in ages...
cheers mate, it's the little things these days you know? I wasn't doing it on a monster ledge or anything but just love the way it feels when it's locked in tight.
nice work with the back shove out, I did a few years ago and I remember them feeling rad, nollie-ing in just lines up your shoulders perfectly (even if some consider it cheating)

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #1132 on: April 19, 2017, 12:49:04 AM »
I had a great skate tonight, no tricks or no proper sesh or anything. I had to work till about 11:30 pm then got the train home, i had my board with me so instead of getting a bus from the train that basically takes me to my door, i decided to just skate home. Felt so good cruising down the road, middle of the night, nobody around, no cars, music blasting in my ears bombing hills in the night time air. Cant think of a better feeling.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Dos Mef

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1133 on: April 19, 2017, 01:18:09 AM »
Yesterday when I got off work (overnights) I went to my local park right as the sun was coming up. It doesn't actually open until 10 AM, and there is a gate that was locked, but the weather was just too perfect to bother with that. Skated for about two hours completely alone until 2 kids on scooters showed up. I let them know the easiest way to get in and the three of us did our thing wordlessly for another hour or so until I got too tired and just went home. That was the first time I've really ever been able to fully enjoy my local park. Without having to worry about being in anyone's way, I could finally get my confidence back in the bigger of the two bowls there. I've been mostly off of a board for about 5 years until January. I'm already almost at the point of where I was in "peak skating" from like 17/18, but I think my style is probably a little better since I'm not so damn lanky any more. I'm not really sure what I'm expected to be doing at 30 on a board, but no one really says shit to me. The one or two dudes I'm friendly with at the park are about 10 years younger than me and fucking rip. It's super inspiring, really. I forgot how much fucking fun skateboarding is. I was a fool to give it up for as long as I did. Thanks to you guys here too for keeping me hyped on it. None of my friends that still skate live in the same state as me so this is my skate community for the most part. Thanks for reading my stoned rant if you made it this far, too.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1134 on: April 19, 2017, 06:43:04 AM »
Back to back 360 power slides down a mellow hill to get the feeling back. When you're an old doofus that's lost a lot of tricks, it feels good to open up with an old reliable.
That sounds great.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #1135 on: April 19, 2017, 07:47:36 PM »
Yesterday when I got off work (overnights) I went to my local park right as the sun was coming up. It doesn't actually open until 10 AM, and there is a gate that was locked, but the weather was just too perfect to bother with that. Skated for about two hours completely alone until 2 kids on scooters showed up. I let them know the easiest way to get in and the three of us did our thing wordlessly for another hour or so until I got too tired and just went home. That was the first time I've really ever been able to fully enjoy my local park. Without having to worry about being in anyone's way, I could finally get my confidence back in the bigger of the two bowls there. I've been mostly off of a board for about 5 years until January. I'm already almost at the point of where I was in "peak skating" from like 17/18, but I think my style is probably a little better since I'm not so damn lanky any more. I'm not really sure what I'm expected to be doing at 30 on a board, but no one really says shit to me. The one or two dudes I'm friendly with at the park are about 10 years younger than me and fucking rip. It's super inspiring, really. I forgot how much fucking fun skateboarding is. I was a fool to give it up for as long as I did. Thanks to you guys here too for keeping me hyped on it. None of my friends that still skate live in the same state as me so this is my skate community for the most part. Thanks for reading my stoned rant if you made it this far, too.

Thats dope man, i love having a park to myself, i hate rocking up to a park when its packed with people, takes me a while to confidently skate when theres so much going on.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

kook nukem

« Reply #1136 on: May 02, 2017, 08:57:51 PM »
Skated the park for a couple hours with my homie this afternoon, and we were both feeling at and landed some personal NBDs. I can say much of my flow was attributed to scoring a copy of Krooked Kronichles on ebay and getting hyped watching that before getting out today.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #1137 on: May 03, 2017, 02:48:43 PM »
Finally went to my local skatepark during the day after only going there at night for some time. It was pretty awesome that I could see everything really well.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #1138 on: May 04, 2017, 09:18:47 AM »
Ok so I've had a crazy past couple of days,

2 days ago I was skating by myself around wall street and decided to head to seaport.  I was crossing the street to go skate there and saw a board shoot out in my direction. I picked it up to give it back and looked up and it was BA thanking me for getting his board. So then I got to spend the next 30 min or so skating with him and I was beyond hyped. When he left he came back up to me to thank me again and say goodbye. Brian Anderson is the fucking man.

Then yesterday when I was skating home from class I saw on IG that Gilbert Crockett had left a board and a bunch of shoes right down the street from where I was.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1139 on: May 04, 2017, 09:20:28 AM »
Yesterday I slammed but my friends were on a fucking tear and then we got burritos after. It was great.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E