Author Topic: Was last week's Wednesdays with Reda racist?  (Read 5817 times)

jacquesknife

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -29
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Was last week's Wednesdays with Reda racist?
« on: November 09, 2009, 02:12:47 AM »
There's a column about this on huck's website http://tinyurl.com/y9aq6jd

How can anyone hate on Reda? The guy's a genius!

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
Re: Was last week's Wednesdays with Reda racist?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 03:08:29 AM »
i wouldnt say hes a genius. but i dont think it was racist. how is ribbing your friend racist, and what the fuck is huck mag?
theres such a faggy thin line on what is racist.

J_Rog

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 03:25:05 AM »
You didn't even read the article.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 04:40:20 AM »
There's a column about this on huck's website http://tinyurl.com/y9aq6jd

How can anyone hate on Reda? The guy's a genius!
less about reda being a racist and more about you not reading past the first two paragraphs.

jacquesknife

• Rep: -29
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 06:20:05 AM »
i wouldnt say hes a genius. but i dont think it was racist. how is ribbing your friend racist, and what the fuck is huck mag?
theres such a faggy thin line on what is racist.

He is a genius!

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 08:05:46 AM »
racism amongst strangers is racist.
racism amongst friends is funny has hell.

i've met reda on a few occasions and the dude is not a racist in any way.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 08:32:35 AM »
i can't believe people still care what other people think

rascist persecution; horrible, unethical, illegal

rasicst speach and jokes; who gives a shit

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 08:42:24 AM »
I didn't read the article and I doubt he's racist be he sure as shit isn't funny.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 08:52:04 AM »
It's expected from Reda. I saw him at the Wallenburg contest and without his camera, he is actually a really chill dude. I think when he has his camera, he is exceptionally over the top.....but with the whole Japanese thing (I am half), I didn't find it offensive at all just cause I expect that humor from him since he is somewhat of a comedian. I mean if this offense you, then don't check out a Lisa Lampanelli's stand up cause that chick bags on every race hard.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Well Comma

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »
Of course it was racist. Sleazy, it is pretty easy for you to shrug racism off when you have most likely had very little first hand experience. Get a fucking clue. The things Reda said aren't like KKK, white supremacist racism, but they are certainly racist in that they hold people to stereotypes and subtly treat people in a negative, generalized fashion. What is worse is the fact that it is pretty easy for people to get away with this. Disgusting.

Those of you saying this isn't racist are probably the same ones I see at parks and spots that all constantly refer to their one black (or any minority) friend as "black guy," and never see him as anything more than his skin color.

I think someone in that thread about Phelps saying the n word said it best with (this may not be the exact quote; you get the point):

"America has turned racism into a joke and only white people are laughing."

I bet some of you will try to stretch that and accuse me (and the original poster) of being racist. Hahaha.

Well Comma

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 09:04:52 AM »
It is pretty sad that these guys want so badly to get camera time, have some "cool" image, and be liked by a bunch of kids, most of whom are under 18.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 09:21:07 AM »
Of course it was racist. Sleazy, it is pretty easy for you to shrug racism off when you have most likely had very little first hand experience. Get a fucking clue. The things Reda said aren't like KKK, white supremacist racism, but they are certainly racist in that they hold people to stereotypes and subtly treat people in a negative, generalized fashion. What is worse is the fact that it is pretty easy for people to get away with this. Disgusting.

Those of you saying this isn't racist are probably the same ones I see at parks and spots that all constantly refer to their one black (or any minority) friend as "black guy," and never see him as anything more than his skin color.

I think someone in that thread about Phelps saying the n word said it best with (this may not be the exact quote; you get the point):

I bet some of you will try to stretch that and accuse me (and the original poster) of being racist. Hahaha.

i didn't say it wasn't racist faggot eyes, i said that only weak minded, stupid fucks care what others think. grow some balls and maybe you wont mind as much.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 09:24:06 AM »
this dude is racist.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 09:32:32 AM »
wow, thats one ruff mug
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 09:47:39 AM »
Well he did shit on the pyramid at tampa.

Well Comma

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 09:53:33 AM »
i didn't say it wasn't racist faggot eyes, i said that only weak minded, stupid fucks care what others think. grow some balls and maybe you wont mind as much.

You're probably the person from the Phelps thread arguing "WHO CARES ABOUT A BUNCH OF WORDS AND SYLLABLES MAN IM TUFF IT DOESNT AFFECT ME." Shut the fuck up. It doesn't affect you precisely because your culture and society have created the conditions for you to just shrug off shit like this without even thinking that maybe not everybody has that same benefit. Like I said, wake up. Just because your experiences enable you to (arrogantly) say one thing doesn't mean that this applies for everyone else whose situation you have and never will be in. Keep sitting there, acting like you know. Hahaha. You never will.

J_Rog

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 09:56:01 AM »
.....but with the whole Japanese thing (I am half)
Jad Fair?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 11:42:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're probably the person from the Phelps thread arguing "WHO CARES ABOUT A BUNCH OF WORDS AND SYLLABLES MAN IM TUFF IT DOESNT AFFECT ME." Shut the fuck up. It doesn't affect you precisely because your culture and society have created the conditions for you to just shrug off shit like this without even thinking that maybe not everybody has that same benefit. Like I said, wake up. Just because your experiences enable you to (arrogantly) say one thing doesn't mean that this applies for everyone else whose situation you have and never will be in. Keep sitting there, acting like you know. Hahaha. You never will.

i'll never know what a tampon up the ass feels like either, cause i'm not a bitch...

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 11:44:05 AM »
im surprised anyone even watched wednesdays with reda last week

CeeyMar

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 11:44:17 AM »
Well Comma
 faggot eyed bitch

popsiclesandskatin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 02:04:36 PM »
coon!

sage

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 02:55:48 PM »
Racist? No. Rude as fuck? Yes.

But whatever, that's why people watch him. I just think it's kinda sad that's he's known mainly as "the obnoxious fat guy from The Berrics" instead of being known as a professional photographer.

Tico

• Rep: 5
  • i need teeth
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 03:27:54 PM »

well somone is feeling a bit naughty today aren't they?

i'm a brown guy, and i dont fucking care. God damn, your making us all look bad.
people like you are the people who ruin skateboarding and slap 2g

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 04:19:12 PM »
Of course it was racist but it's also just a joke. No one had a problem when Reda was making fun of people for being French, Spanish, or British, but suddenly it's a problem because he's making fun of a country that isn't located in Europe. I guarantee you more than white people were laughing at it but it's only a problem when white people do it. It's okay for other races to make fun of white people and call them crackers, honkies, or whatever the fuck else they can think of and not have to worry about being called a racist. Fuck that double standard.

Reda is basically an offensive comedian and no one is safe. He isn't racist, he's just an asshole. It's just a joke and you should get thicker skin if you found it offensive to the bone.

"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 04:41:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I hope you know you hypersensitive, color blind lecture is a form of racism too.  don't think because you took a race studies class at your community college you know everything

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 06:42:18 PM »
Attention White People:

No one ever says "honky" anymore. The reason why it doesn't offend you is because black people haven't used that term since 1973. I can't believe how many times I heard white people say "I don't mind being called a honky".

Lots of white people don't mind being called "cracker" either. That's because they think it has something to do with a snack food. Nope, it's short for "whip cracker". Nothing to be proud of there. At all.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 06:50:25 PM »
Attention White People:

No one ever says "honky" anymore. The reason why it doesn't offend you is because black people haven't used that term since 1973. I can't believe how many times I heard white people say "I don't mind being called a honky".

Lots of white people don't mind being called "cracker" either. That's because they think it has something to do with a snack food. Nope, it's short for "whip cracker". Nothing to be proud of there. At all.
Cracker and Honkey don't make white peoples upset because it doesn't 'translate' well if no one remembers it's supposed to be deragatory to them.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 06:56:46 PM »
That's exactly my point.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 07:32:52 PM »
Point taken and noted dually, butt I'm not sure because no one remembers but me and you and that would make us racists or historians.

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 08:49:39 PM »
Attention White People:

I've still heard it being said. And besides, that wasn't my point. People bitch and complain about racism but it's perfectly alright to be racist towards white people. Someone mentioned people calling their one black friend "black guy" as being demeaning but it isn't when people call someone white, "white boy". It's a double standard and if you're one of those people who think it's impossible to be racist towards white people, you've got your head up your ass.

And for the record, I'm not white.
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."