Author Topic: EAST COAST THREAD  (Read 9623 times)

happy face

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -55
Re: EAST COAST THREAD
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2010, 12:45:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
today i skated around in a t-shirt.  it was fucking fun. i live in California.
[close]
Must be boring living in a place, where there's no diversity in weather (and people).
[close]

Must be boring being a fucking person.
[close]
How come?
  truth of it is there is more diversity in the weather in california then any east coast state. not all of california looks like la.  if i wanted to play in the snow all i would have to do is get in a car and drive up a mountain. and then that whole thing about no diversity in the people here.  im guessing you have never been here. thats cool, you should come visit.  skate some fun shit and see for your self.

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -364
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2010, 01:37:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Must be boring living in a place, where there's no diversity in weather (and people).
[close]

[close]
How come?
[close]
  truth of it is there is more diversity in the weather in california then any east coast state. not all of california looks like la.  if i wanted to play in the snow all i would have to do is get in a car and drive up a mountain. and then that whole thing about no diversity in the people here.  im guessing you have never been here. thats cool, you should come visit.  skate some fun shit and see for your self.
For the past few days there have been good waves, dry ground, and snow in the mountains  in Southern California. Sounds pretty diverse if you ask me...
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2010, 02:42:34 PM »
cali in the winter and the east any other time. the cold sucks ass. I actually think I have an issue being in one place for too long. so depending on how long i've lived there, i'll probably tell you that heaven blows.

the truth is, the same shit happens everywhere when large groups of humans are involved. it just takes more time to see the shitty side in certain places due to culture or money or whatever. the best you can ever do in life is get a good group of friends and dedicate yourselves to having fun no matter where you are. for reals.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2010, 04:47:52 PM »
Expand Quote
So... how did those guys "change skateboarding"?
[close]
watch a eastern exposure video and formulate your own conclusion before asking sarcasticly........

I asked because no explaination was given, and you didn't exactly shed any light on the subject either. Which says a lot about the original statement and it's validity.

I'm not sure what you mean by "sarcasticly", but my own conclusion (in regards to EE) is that switchstance and skating fast were already there, those guys didn't make that change. And when I think of those videos, I think of Ricky Oyola and Fred Gall anyway - not those guys. And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this. They might be great, but they didn't "change skateboarding".

Did they change the way I ride a skateboard? Nope. Did they change the way you ride a skateboard? I doubt it.

steenz

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2010, 04:52:21 PM »
California is way better than any east coast city, sorry east coasters but its the truth.

Dirtyjersey

• Rep: -4
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »
This thread is da worst.

launchpadism

• Rep: 1
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2010, 05:42:24 PM »

cigarettedeer

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2010, 05:43:10 PM »
California is way better than any east coast city, sorry east coasters but its the truth.
go suck a dick

sage

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2010, 07:07:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
go suck a dick

What are you trying to say? That new york is somehow cool because of a shitty bank that people skated in the 90s? I live Upstate and there's nothing special about this fucking state unless you enjoy high taxes and bullshit surcharges on everything New York blows.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Free Max B
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2010, 09:36:39 PM »
every single thread on here is an east vs west thread. get the fuck over it and quit crying fuckers
FREE MAX B

Steve French

• Rep: -9
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2010, 11:58:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
go suck a dick

[close]

What are you trying to say? That new york is somehow cool because of a shitty bank that people skated in the 90s? I live Upstate and there's nothing special about this fucking state unless you enjoy high taxes and bullshit surcharges on everything New York blows.
In Ontario we pay double the sales tax that you pay

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2010, 01:54:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
How come?
[close]
You're kind of missing the point here, because you don't actually live in a static place, that has four seasons. I could just say: "Yeah, if i'm ever sick of snow and cold, i'll just catch a plane and go to Spain". I'm sorry, but you're completely missing my point.

I'd rather have this for 6 month, not 320 sunny days a year. Sorry that you down conqur with me, but you don't have to call me a faggot about it. That kind of screams out loud that you're 16 or just the inability to speak like a human being. I was hoping for a nice little debate.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2010, 02:00:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
How come?
[close]
[close]
You're kind of missing the point here, because you don't actually live in a static place, that has four seasons. I could just say: "Yeah, if i'm ever sick of snow and cold, i'll just catch a plane and go to Spain". I'm sorry, but you're completely missing my point.

I'd rather have this for 6 month, not 320 sunny days a year. Sorry that you down conqur with me, but you don't have to call me a faggot about it. That kind of screams out loud that you're 16 or just the inability to speak like a human being. I was hoping for a nice little debate.

There is no debate, you are regular.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 689
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2010, 09:41:32 AM »
i hate being cold thats for srue!

mock nugget

• Rep: -12
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2010, 01:06:08 PM »
cali in the winter and the east any other time. the cold sucks ass. I actually think I have an issue being in one place for too long. so depending on how long i've lived there, i'll probably tell you that heaven blows.

the truth is, the same shit happens everywhere when large groups of humans are involved. it just takes more time to see the shitty side in certain places due to culture or money or whatever. the best you can ever do in life is get a good group of friends and dedicate yourselves to having fun no matter where you are. for reals.

k

truer words have never been spoken on this thread.