Author Topic: Blake Carpenter off Toy Machine  (Read 24371 times)

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 550
Re: Blake Carpenter off Toy Machine
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2022, 10:17:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Florida flat earther vibes more fitting at disorder
[close]

Aw fuck, he's a flat earther?
What a bummer.

I'm not one of those people who can "separate the art from the artist".
Every time I see him I'm gonna be thinking "this guy is a fucking dipshit" and it's gonna make me like him less no matter what he does.

Seriously. If this is true, as a pro skateboarder, who has literally traveled around the world, how does he believe the Earth is flat? Like at some point, when traveling, did he ever look out the plane’s window and be like “guess there is no edge.”

Mickey Knox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2022, 10:40:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

Every time I see him I'm gonna be thinking "this guy is a fucking dipshit" and it's gonna make me like him less no matter what he does.
[close]

Seriously. If this is true, as a pro skateboarder, who has literally traveled around the world, how does he believe the Earth is flat? Like at some point, when traveling, did he ever look out the plane’s window and be like “guess there is no edge.”
Shit I forgot people aren’t allowed to have their own beliefs around here. Who gives a fuck if people think the world is flat or if the world was created by a white guy with a beard as long as it’s not harming anyone. He’s a pro skater not a scientist, I highly doubt he’s influencing anyone with a bit of sense on the matter. It must be really miserable to hate everyone who doesn’t think just like you.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2022, 10:43:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

[close]

[close]
Shit I forgot people aren’t allowed to have their own beliefs around here. Who gives a fuck if people think the world is flat or if the world was created by a white guy with a beard as long as it’s not harming anyone. He’s a pro skater not a scientist, I highly doubt he’s influencing anyone with a bit of sense on the matter. It must be really miserable to hate everyone who doesn’t think just like you.

Don’t conflate being a flat earther with things that are actually unknowable.   

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2022, 10:47:14 PM »
His skating makes up for any lapses in judgement.  If I were that good I’d probably start to believe any little hunch I had about the way things work as a fact haha

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2022, 10:58:36 PM »
i swear someone on here just said he’s a flat earther and everyone believed it. blake’s not that fried

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2022, 11:04:51 PM »
i swear someone on here just said he’s a flat earther and everyone believed it. blake’s not that fried

“ I got a taste of what else Mike was referring to early on, when Blake offered up some opinions on current events as well as the shape of the Earth. “Why can’t you fly over the North Pole? Have you ever thought about that?”

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/mason-silva-soty-trip-spritz-and-destroy-article/

Mickey Knox

« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2022, 11:05:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

[close]

[close]
[close]

Flat earth theory originates from people interpreting religious texts so I don’t see how it’s any different. My family has been spewing what they think is knowable evidence of god my whole life. Just because it’s unknowable to you doesn’t make it a fact. It doesn’t make any sense to me but I’m not going to call someone a dipshit for believing it.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2022, 11:12:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

[close]

Maybe because he has traveled around the world and skated lots of flat.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2022, 11:14:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

[close]

[close]

Ah, see the rough part is that Mr. Carpenter lives in a country that allows everyone to vote as long as you don’t have a felony (in most cases). In such case, someone who isn’t critically thinking can vote for someone in power who doesn’t think critically, and that person in power can make decisions that harm people, a lot of people, a lot of innocent people, a lot of people who put the effort into thinking things through to not harm other people with their decisions/thoughts/actions.

See where this goes?
Stupidity hurts us all as a species.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2022, 11:17:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

[close]

[close]

Maybe because he has traveled around the world and skated lots of flat.
But he never personally flew over the north pole therefore it can't be done and must mean the earth is a different shape

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2022, 11:17:54 PM »
he really is the andrew brophy of his time

Mickey Knox

« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2022, 11:23:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

[close]

[close]
[close]

Ah, see the rough part is that Mr. Carpenter lives in a country that allows everyone to vote as long as you don’t have a felony (in most cases). In such case, someone who isn’t critically thinking can vote for someone in power who doesn’t think critically, and that person in power can make decisions that harm people, a lot of people, a lot of innocent people, a lot of people who put the effort into thinking things through to not harm other people with their decisions/thoughts/actions.

See where this goes?
So who gets to decide what is stupid to believe and what isn’t? Is it you? Is every human in the world supposed to believe the same thing as you? Sounds like a dictatorship not a democracy as your speaking of. I think the only way we grow as humans is learning how to find common ground with people that are different than us. Dismissing them as stupid dipshits doesn’t get us anywhere.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2022, 11:25:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

[close]

[close]
[close]

See where this goes?
[close]
So who’s gets to decide what is stupid to believe and what isn’t? Is it you? Is every human in the world supposed to believe the same thing as you? Sounds like a dictatorship not a democracy as your speaking of. I think the only way we grow as humans is learning how to find common ground with people that are different than us. Dismissing them as stupid dipshits doesn’t get us anywhere.
It's less about getting somewhere and more about not being pulled backwards

Mickey Knox

« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2022, 11:34:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

[close]

[close]
[close]

See where this goes?
[close]
So who’s gets to decide what is stupid to believe and what isn’t? Is it you? Is every human in the world supposed to believe the same thing as you? Sounds like a dictatorship not a democracy as your speaking of. I think the only way we grow as humans is learning how to find common ground with people that are different than us. Dismissing them as stupid dipshits doesn’t get us anywhere.
[close]
A very small group of people believing the world is flat isn’t pulling us backwards. Look at the fucking world right now, intolerant assholes are doing a lot more damage.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2022, 11:41:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

[close]

[close]
[close]

See where this goes?
[close]
[close]
[close]
A very small group of people believing the world is flat isn’t pulling us backwards. Look at the fucking world right now, intolerant assholes are doing a lot more damage.
Lol calling out someone who believes dumb shit isn't the same as racism or homophobia etc

Mickey Knox

« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2022, 12:02:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

[close]

[close]
[close]

See where this goes?
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Lol calling out someone who believes dumb shit isn't the same as racism or homophobia etc
Dude you don’t even know for sure that he’s a flat earther so the fact that you are so quick to call him out as a dumb shit from what was supposed to be a funny quote from Burnett says a lot more about you than you think.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2022, 12:11:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

[close]

[close]
[close]

See where this goes?
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Dude you don’t even know for sure that he’s a flat earther so the fact that you are so quick to call him out as a dumb shit from what was supposed to be a funny quote from Burnett says a lot more about you than you think.
Yeah mate I'm definatly the one with no sense of humour all my posts are 100% serious. lucky the world has you to defend against all intolerance and were especially blessed to have you do it on the skateboard forum 

Mickey Knox

« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2022, 12:36:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

[close]

[close]
[close]

See where this goes?
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Yeah mate I'm definatly the one with no sense of humour all my posts are 100% serious. lucky the world has you to defend against all intolerance and were especially blessed to have you do it on the skateboard forum
Freedom of thought is something worth defending Mr. Mean.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2022, 12:42:26 AM »
It must be really miserable to hate everyone who doesn’t think just like you.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #169 on: August 09, 2022, 12:49:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Flat earth theory originates from people interpreting religious texts so I don’t see how it’s any different. My family has been spewing what they think is knowable evidence of god my whole life. Just because it’s unknowable to you doesn’t make it a fact. It doesn’t make any sense to me but I’m not going to call someone a dipshit for believing it.

I don’t quite get the comparison, but whatever.  I was around mellow Christians who weren’t Talibanesque Fundamentalists and were smart enough to know that the world wasn’t literally created in 6 days 6 thousand years ago.   

I also don’t view God as a man with a beard, just as a personification of nature/natural order/antithesis of entropy/whatever.

Either way you can’t prove/disprove with 100% certitude the existence of God (let alone settle on a definition of what the god that you are even trying to prove exists or not is exactly) but you can definitely 100% prove the world is flat.   So I think your comparison is apples and oranges. 

Side question - no interest in researching it myself, but does anyone know what flat earthers think is on the other other side of the earth?   Like what’s faceling the other direction?   Just a bottom layer or rock?   Turtles all the way down?

hotdogsweatpants

• Rep: 67
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2022, 01:09:14 AM »
I don’t quite get the comparison, but whatever.  I was around mellow Christians who weren’t Talibanesque Fundamentalists and were smart enough to know that the world wasn’t literally created in 6 days 6 thousand years ago.   

I also don’t view God as a man with a beard, just as a personification of nature/natural order/antithesis of entropy/whatever.

Either way you can’t prove/disprove with 100% certitude the existence of God (let alone settle on a definition of what the god that you are even trying to prove exists or not is exactly) but you can definitely 100% prove the world is flat.   So I think your comparison is apples and oranges. 

Side question - no interest in researching it myself, but does anyone know what flat earthers think is on the other other side of the earth?   Like what’s faceling the other direction?   Just a bottom layer or rock?   Turtles all the way down?

Enjoyable typo.
The pant situation is out of control at this point

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2022, 01:41:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Enjoyable typo.

Hahaha fuck.  It’s like using the wrong their/there/they’re.   Just completely nukes any point you were trying to make

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2022, 03:51:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Enjoyable typo.

**Lion Turtles all the way down.
That's obviously the only answer. 

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2022, 04:04:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Enjoyable typo.
[close]

**Lion Turtles all the way down.
That's obviously the only answer.
Below the earth is hell stupid

LloydBrün

• Rep: 14
« Reply #174 on: August 09, 2022, 04:14:41 AM »
A lot of smooth-brains here, jumping to the defence of flat earth theory.

FakieFlipCG

• Rep: 36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #175 on: August 09, 2022, 04:25:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What a bummer.

[close]

[close]
[close]

See where this goes?
[close]
So who gets to decide what is stupid to believe and what isn’t? Is it you? Is every human in the world supposed to believe the same thing as you? Sounds like a dictatorship not a democracy as your speaking of. I think the only way we grow as humans is learning how to find common ground with people that are different than us. Dismissing them as stupid dipshits doesn’t get us anywhere.

Reality. Whether the Earth is round or not should not be in some well-have-you-ever-thought-about-it-this-way gray area. What good does it do anyone to deny simple math, science, and literal photos of the Earth? It goes beyond healthy debate and lands firmly in paranoid conspiracy thinking.

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #176 on: August 09, 2022, 05:01:20 AM »
people still believe, follow and worship a carpenter from 2000 years ago and no one bats an eyelid to that so why has this caused such commotion.

why cant we let people have there owns views and beliefs outside of the mainstream doctrine teachings.

just don't hurt anyone or force it on others and your sound.

one of many golden rules for life: don't be a dick. simple.
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #177 on: August 09, 2022, 05:03:14 AM »
Hurry hurry hurry find the moral high ground on the literal dumbest topic ever
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #178 on: August 09, 2022, 05:29:42 AM »
Why do you all care so much if he is a flat earther? So fucking what? Get a life.

By the way he definitely isn't. One idiot mentions it on here then you all just jump on it because you love the negativity.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #179 on: August 09, 2022, 05:37:42 AM »
Why do you all care so much if he is a flat earther? So fucking what? Get a life.

By the way he definitely isn't. One idiot mentions it on here then you all just jump on it because you love the negativity.
Burnett said it in an article. The Mason SOTY article.