Author Topic: Blake Carpenter off Toy Machine  (Read 24372 times)

Rune Spliffberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 106
Re: Blake Carpenter off Toy Machine
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2022, 06:26:46 AM »
willingly stupid people deserve to be ostracized from mainstream society because their existence is harmful to humanity's longevity as a whole.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2022, 06:41:21 AM »
If you can't see how thinking the Earth is flat may be problematic... you might be a flat-Earther

Viktor Tsoi

• Rep: -32
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2022, 07:49:21 AM »
If you can't see how thinking the Earth is flat may be problematic... you might be a flat-Earther

for sure. Earth is obviously hollow

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1306
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2022, 07:57:36 AM »
I'd be down to have some of my tax dollars go towards shooting flat earthers into outer space and not letting them back down until they all agree the earth isn't flat.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2022, 08:12:56 AM »
Shit I forgot people aren’t allowed to have their own beliefs around here. Who gives a fuck if people think the world is flat or if the world was created by a white guy with a beard as long as it’s not harming anyone. He’s a pro skater not a scientist, I highly doubt he’s influencing anyone with a bit of sense on the matter. It must be really miserable to hate everyone who doesn’t think just like you.

Ah, see the rough part is that Mr. Carpenter lives in a country that allows everyone to vote as long as you don’t have a felony (in most cases). In such case, someone who isn’t critically thinking can vote for someone in power who doesn’t think critically, and that person in power can make decisions that harm people, a lot of people, a lot of innocent people, a lot of people who put the effort into thinking things through to not harm other people with their decisions/thoughts/actions.

See where this goes?
Stupidity hurts us all as a species.

So who gets to decide what is stupid to believe and what isn’t? Is it you? Is every human in the world supposed to believe the same thing as you? Sounds like a dictatorship not a democracy as your speaking of. I think the only way we grow as humans is learning how to find common ground with people that are different than us. Dismissing them as stupid dipshits doesn’t get us anywhere.

hi mickey,

i agree that just labelling people stupid dipshits isn't very productive. however, i think there's quite a few problems with your prior statements, as indicated by the words i highlighted.

not everything is a matter of opinion. the earth being round isn't a matter of belief, or opinion and isn't dependent on anyone's deciding that it's so. it's just round. that's it.

there's nothing undemocratic about pointing that out.

in fact, in a world without objective facts democracy becomes impossible. i genuinely believe giving people a pass and saying 'it's okay to think that 2+2=5. all opinion is scared' is more dangerous to society than insisting that 2+2=4. if that's tyranny, it's only the tyranny of reality. nobody has the option of making the world flat on behalf of those who would find it more palatable. there are things we have to put up with. it'd be swell not to need to breathe, but we do. (that's the tyranny of oxygen, i suppose.)

people don't have to share the same beliefs/opinions. but they should also respect that not every topic is in the realm of belief/opinion.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #185 on: August 09, 2022, 08:14:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Why do you all care so much if he is a flat earther? So fucking what? Get a life.

By the way he definitely isn't. One idiot mentions it on here then you all just jump on it because you love the negativity.
[close]
Burnett said it in an article. The Mason SOTY article.

I think that was a joke
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #186 on: August 09, 2022, 08:32:38 AM »
Shit I forgot people aren’t allowed to have their own beliefs around here. Who gives a fuck if people think the world is flat or if the world was created by a white guy with a beard as long as it’s not harming anyone. He’s a pro skater not a scientist, I highly doubt he’s influencing anyone with a bit of sense on the matter. It must be really miserable to hate everyone who doesn’t think just like you.

Good lord man what the hell are you on about?
I didn't say he should be outcast from society, locked in a cage or chemically castrated or something.
All I said was I don't get down with people who think like that, I'm "allowed to have my own beliefs around here".

Mickey Knox

« Reply #187 on: August 09, 2022, 09:24:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good lord man what the hell are you on about?
I didn't say he should be outcast from society, locked in a cage or chemically castrated or something.
All I said was I don't get down with people who think like that, I'm "allowed to have my own beliefs around here".
Actually multiple people have described that exact thing if you scroll up.

Viktor Tsoi

« Reply #188 on: August 09, 2022, 11:23:30 AM »
willingly stupid people deserve to be ostracized from mainstream society because their existence is harmful to humanity's longevity as a whole.

German posters be like

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -214
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #189 on: August 09, 2022, 11:58:55 AM »
You all should be restrained and forced to watch Ty Evans’ The Flat Earth in AR glasses on loop like they did to Blanka in Street Fighter The Movie.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Beady

• Rep: 6
« Reply #190 on: August 09, 2022, 02:27:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why do you all care so much if he is a flat earther? So fucking what? Get a life.

By the way he definitely isn't. One idiot mentions it on here then you all just jump on it because you love the negativity.
[close]
Burnett said it in an article. The Mason SOTY article.
[close]

I think that was a joke

So you say he definitely is not a flat earther but you think what Burnett wrote about him thinking the earth is flat is a joke? Clear as mud.

Some flat earth trivia I read recently: to flat earthers, all snakes are snakes on a plane.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #191 on: August 09, 2022, 02:28:29 PM »
I think it’s dope he’s standing up for what he believes in

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #192 on: August 09, 2022, 02:47:50 PM »
if it was discovered that the earth was flat tomorrow none of your lives would change one iota. shut the fuck up. why must you always find the flimsiest foundations for your soap boxes?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #193 on: August 09, 2022, 05:40:34 PM »
if it was discovered that the earth was flat tomorrow none of your lives would change one iota. shut the fuck up. why must you always find the flimsiest foundations for your soap boxes?

But it wouldn’t ever be…

quackquack

• Rep: -412
« Reply #194 on: August 09, 2022, 07:50:49 PM »
Is Michael Taylor a flat-earth brute?
Oh, the places you'll go.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 729
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2022, 03:29:19 AM »
Just dropping in to say RichardBarkley is a fucking idiot.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 776
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2022, 03:52:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

for sure. Earth is obviously hollow

earth is mag light

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2022, 04:03:52 AM »
This is what happens when stupid people say stupid shit repeatedly and they get upset that the my aren’t taken seriously by anyone. They get on the internet and vent.

That arto arto dude had the best point. Everyone should reread that.

GMB

• Rep: 8
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2022, 04:43:08 AM »
You cant relativize ignorance/misinformation/fake news speech as "freedom of thought". We are not talking about food or music preferences. Its not about "my own personal taste" about things. Earth is flat as a fact.

Thats the kind of things that elected fucking Trump and Bolsonaro in my country Brazil. People over here believed that the former government distributed penis shaped baby bottles to children in public schools and that the covid vaccine would cause you aids/cida, because fucking Bolsonaro said so.

"You cant prove that unicorns exists but you cant prove that they dont exist either" is not just wack, its dangerous, being blake carpenter a flat earther or not.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2022, 05:42:47 AM »
If you’re a flat earther you can’t wear last resorts.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

kinjjibo

• Rep: -8
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2022, 07:57:33 AM »
Blake is cool

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 776
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2022, 08:55:33 AM »
If you’re a flat earther you can’t wear last resorts.

Or globes

nothing's been the since same

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2022, 09:09:30 AM »

fella, what?

if the earth was flat everything would be different.

the entire phenom of global supply chains, all satellite enabled technology, the freakin' tides, all navigation tools from compasses to gps, all technology that interacts with magnetic fields, newtonian physics and every object mankind has created using our understanding of newtonian physics would have to be reconsidered (a flat earth is incompatible with our model of gravity)...

in short, your life would be so different in so many far reaching way that it's genuinely beyond imagination.

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2022, 10:51:25 AM »
“Lisa I’d like to buy your rock”

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2022, 11:25:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fella, what?

the entire phenom of global supply chains, all satellite enabled technology, the freakin' tides, all navigation tools from compasses to gps, all technology that interacts with magnetic fields, newtonian physics and every object mankind has created using our understanding of newtonian physics would have to be reconsidered (a flat earth is incompatible with our model of gravity)...

in short, your life would be so different in so many far reaching way that it's genuinely beyond imagination.

do you build satellites or navigation tools? are you a professor of newtonian physics? or do you just like to bitch on the internet? obviously the earth is round. enjoy dumb people being wrong. not everything in life has to be a dick measuring contest where you outsmart total strangers that don’t know you exist.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2022, 11:44:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

fella, what?

[close]

do you build satellites or navigation tools? are you a professor of newtonian physics? or do you just like to bitch on the internet? obviously the earth is round. enjoy dumb people being wrong. not everything in life has to be a dick measuring contest where you outsmart total strangers that don’t know you exist.

If you point out that somebody's car isn't driving straight because it's missing a wheel, I guess they could say "HoW Do YoU KnoW?! Do YoU BuiLd CaRs?!", but it sure isn't the brilliant "gotcha" they think it is...

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2022, 01:17:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fella, what?

See this was my first thought too, but the premise is what if we discovered it was flat, not what if the world became flat tomorrow.   The premise implies everyone’s worked around the limitations, it’s just that they’ve been lying to us for centuries about the state of our world (and presumably our moon, the planets, etc).   

So if I learned tomorrow the world was flat, I would be profoundly effected by being a part of humanity’s biggest disinformation campaign and I probably would never be able to trust any conventions or truths again

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2022, 02:07:01 PM »
why don’t one of you guys just go learn how to fly a plane and find out?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
« Reply #208 on: August 10, 2022, 02:08:53 PM »
Expand Quote
So who’s gets to decide what is stupid to believe and what isn’t? Is it you? Is every human in the world supposed to believe the same thing as you? Sounds like a dictatorship not a democracy as your speaking of. I think the only way we grow as humans is learning how to find common ground with people that are different than us. Dismissing them as stupid dipshits doesn’t get us anywhere.
[close]
It's less about getting somewhere and more about not being pulled backwards

This must be my favourite comeback I've ever read on here. Thank you.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2257
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2022, 02:22:46 PM »
if it was discovered that the earth was flat tomorrow none of your lives would change one iota.

Yo this might be one of the craziest sentences I've ever read.