Author Topic: Bobby Worrest on Nike + Thrasher interview photos  (Read 14150 times)

Sold Out

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
Re: Bobby Worrest on Nike + Thrasher interview photos
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2014, 11:01:45 PM »
Switch Flip back tail on a handrail  :o ???

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2014, 11:27:11 PM »
kinda surprised that no one picked him up after the es shutdown.  good for bobby.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:32:19 PM by fulfillthedream »
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

greenmilktea

• Rep: -10
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2014, 11:34:57 PM »
bobby is the best, and i'm glad he's (hopefully) getting money. Would have much rather seen him on Huf.. pretty over Nike and their super team with no image or whatever.. sucks we'll most likely never see a pro shoe out of it and probably not a video part for another 5 years or somethin.. fuck nike man

yeah right, bobby basically shits out video parts, plus he's already working on another single video part as mentioned in this interview/on instagram #coldworrestiscoming or whatever the fuck

i'm psyched he's on nike, he rips and he deserves to be paid and treated well

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2014, 11:38:04 PM »
Can someone scan the whole interview? There is no way I can get Thrasher in my country.

Bill

• Rep: -32
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2014, 12:27:25 AM »
He's Poppa Large !! Big Shot on the East Coast

We'll actually Gino is the True Poppa Large, Since Bobby Digital is a heavy weight, He'll get the the title
Rule #1

Fashion Never Function

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2014, 12:36:47 AM »
Good for him. It's great that he's getting fully supported. This probably means that there will be more Bobby Worrest footage popping up. Win/win.

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2014, 02:36:35 AM »
Expand Quote
... who said he was going to get a good check out of it? Nike doesn't necessarily mean big bucks.
[close]

While this is true, it still is a steady means of financial support and probably health insurance.  For this I am glad it happened.  I want nothing but the best for true skateboarders.

If the health insurance thing is true, for me that would be a no brainer. Especially in the US right? If it were a few pairs of shoes a month and a little bit of cash over a good cheque probably endless amounts of financial support and health insurance it's an easy choice.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 02:39:29 AM by GershonSweaty »

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2014, 02:43:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Another sellout Nike rider.
[close]

besides the $ where else was he gonna go?...didnt look like huf was making it happen...hes probably never gonna have another shoe again the way skateboarding is and with how many shoe companies are left and the economy, he should atleast try and get paid like he has a shoe out...

i still think he looked good sporting those huf choices...
as almost everybody said, good for him, but i kinda get bored of the nike logos om every sceond peoples' feet right now.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2014, 02:56:01 AM »
Look at Bobby...like he's a kid again. Switch bs noseblunt, switch flip back tail...damn. Surprised to see him score such an impressive contract after what 2 years with nothing solid, I mean it makes sense with the scuba connection but I just figured if that was gonna happen it would've sooner. Can't wait for his next part to see these tricks.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2014, 02:56:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
... who said he was going to get a good check out of it? Nike doesn't necessarily mean big bucks.
[close]

While this is true, it still is a steady means of financial support and probably health insurance. �For this I am glad it happened. �I want nothing but the best for true skateboarders.
[close]

If the health insurance thing is true, for me that would be a no brainer. Especially in the US right? If it were a few pairs of shoes a month and a little bit of cash over a good cheque probably endless amounts of financial support and health insurance it's an easy choice.

This. If I was able to support myself outside of skateboarding, like, for example Dylan with modeling and shit (not that I want to be a model, but you get the idea), I would never put Nike shoes on my feet. But If I was in Bobbys situation, and got paid a couple hundred a month by Krooked, and probably a couple dollars here and there from other sponsors, It would be a no brainer.

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2014, 03:01:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

While this is true, it still is a steady means of financial support and probably health insurance. �For this I am glad it happened. �I want nothing but the best for true skateboarders.
[close]

[close]

This. If I was able to support myself outside of skateboarding, like, for example Dylan with modeling and shit (not that I want to be a model, but you get the idea), I would never put Nike shoes on my feet. But If I was in Bobbys situation, and got paid a couple hundred a month by Krooked, and probably a couple dollars here and there from other sponsors, It would be a no brainer.

That's totally the situation I reckon he's in, you got take the rough with the smooth. The truth of the situation is that we will more than likely see more bobby because he is on Nike. His Pulaski part was an 'I'm up for grabs part' and it worked dude was floating with nothing definite on his feet.

silkyjohnson

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2014, 03:18:03 AM »
Don't back nike but I back Bobby getting paid.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2014, 03:19:02 AM »
Look at Bobby...like he's a kid again. Switch bs noseblunt, switch flip back tail...damn. Surprised to see him score such an impressive contract after what 2 years with nothing solid, I mean it makes sense with the scuba connection but I just figured if that was gonna happen it would've sooner. Can't wait for his next part to see these tricks.

This. Dude is back better than ever after not much since that edgar part. Hope those tricks arent the enders in his cold worrest part, no doubt there will be solid lines throughout though.
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2014, 05:09:00 AM »
"secret spot"

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2014, 05:37:23 AM »
Switch back noseblunt is so fucked. Good for Bobby.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2014, 08:38:00 AM »
switch flip back tail on a handrail is just top tier. spot wise we're in guy mariano territory here but i mean, its the best trick on this rail. this is some fully flared shit. probably the best rail trick to go down since sucius ender in search the horizon.

switch bs noseblunt. whudup p.rod.

bobby worrest
all
day

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2014, 09:11:31 AM »
All I know is those were some highly impressive maneuvers.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2014, 09:51:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

besides the $ where else was he gonna go?...didnt look like huf was making it happen...hes probably never gonna have another shoe again the way skateboarding is and with how many shoe companies are left and the economy, he should atleast try and get paid like he has a shoe out...

It's pretty wild that Huf wouldn't add him to the team after that full Pulaski part which to me looked like one big Huf commercial. I mean I know they probably got a budget and maybe he didn't fit into it at the time but it was strange. As long as Bobby's rents paid and he gets to keep skating and I get to keep seeing footage of him skating, I'm happy.

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2014, 09:54:02 AM »
In an interview a few months ago, he said he might have something going on with "team Jordan". Everyone interpreted this as a hint towards nike.

Leyzee Emcea

• Rep: -8
  • Achilles Tendonion Rings Jr
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2014, 10:05:06 AM »
I still will never buy Nike, but good for Bobby. He deserves every cent.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2014, 10:30:01 AM »
LOL at guys assuming that HUF didn't make him an offer. Bobby knows what a switch flip bsts on a rail is worth out in these streets. Where he ended up was totally his decision.

K

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2014, 11:39:51 AM »
seen him at the bar nike'd out last friday it seemed kinda odd but cool in a way.  I wanna see someone skating in jordan 1s exclusively

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2014, 11:48:14 AM »
seen him at the bar nike'd out last friday it seemed kinda odd but cool in a way.  I wanna see someone skating in jordan 1s exclusively

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2014, 01:24:35 PM »
Stoked for Bobby!  Stoked for Nike!  Whatever their reasons are for putting him on, I don't care, I'm just stoked they recognize that Bobby is a skaters favorite skater and put him on. 
Get litty.....

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2014, 01:33:18 PM »
switch flip back tail on a handrail is just top tier. spot wise we're in guy mariano territory here but i mean, its the best trick on this rail. this is some fully flared shit. probably the best rail trick to go down since sucius ender in search the horizon.

bobby worrest
all
day
You do know he's not the only one to switch flip back tail a rail?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2014, 01:39:33 PM »
Expand Quote

bobby worrest
all
day
[close]

Jake Johnson did one in 2007

3:34

somedudefromnj

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2014, 02:51:18 PM »
those pictures were so shitty im just gonna wait till i get the issue. wonder what his shoe of choice will be though

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2014, 03:24:38 PM »

Paying your bills comfortably and saving money for the future is hella lame

Switch bs nose blunt is fucked

where is home?

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2014, 03:32:21 PM »
Expand Quote

bobby worrest
all
day
[close]

i know, but its a rare bird. its a thing of beauty. everyones out here doing 270 lip variations and he comes out with some tech gnar. its just good to see someone pushing the envelope that isn't a street league contestant. tech gets a bad rap these days.

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2014, 03:53:46 PM »
Fuck YEAH!

Nike SB just got 100000 times more legit!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------