Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 360759 times)

Christ Puncher (+ 1 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #3060 on: June 14, 2022, 06:05:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Heard a little rumor that venture might adjust where their baseplate holes are drilled to make installation easier and bring in the WB a bit. Essentially sliding them up. Not 100% sure on the validity or when it would be though.
[close]

That would be bunk. I’m pretty sure the low trucks would Change the most.

Sucking in the wb world take away that light switch quick pop we all love. My tricks explode on a high truck like the way my thunder lows used to.

I need that. I better stick up soon just to be safe.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Lukabrazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #3061 on: June 14, 2022, 09:44:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Can I put venture low hanger from a 5.2 on a forged baseplate from a venture 5.2 high? Will it be compatible?
[close]

Yes

I thought the kingpin ends up sticking out way too much? My 5.2 high baseplate came with a longer one than a 5.2 low baseplate and I wasn’t able to switch them .

On the forged vs cast discussion I feel like I grind thru the baseplate to the pivot cup on nose slides way faster on forged plates than cast .

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3062 on: June 15, 2022, 01:56:40 AM »
“skate tools” fucking suck damn...

I mean the inconvenience of getting a couple little spanner’s and a bum bag.... the inconvenience.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #3063 on: June 15, 2022, 05:54:02 AM »
There's no way they're changing the wb on ventures just so you can use skate tool. Makes no sense. Would completely change the physics of the truck which are its only selling point.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #3064 on: June 15, 2022, 07:04:54 AM »
Maybe Koston got tired of redrilling his and he has so much pull that they acquiesced.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #3065 on: June 15, 2022, 08:11:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Heard a little rumor that venture might adjust where their baseplate holes are drilled to make installation easier and bring in the WB a bit. Essentially sliding them up. Not 100% sure on the validity or when it would be though.
[close]

My biggest complaint about Venture is that the front holes in the baseplate are too far back. The hanger gets in the way so you can't use a traditional skate tool. I gotta have a separate 3/8" wrench just for the front two bolts. Pain in the ass, but that's the price you gotta pay to be <AWAKE>
[close]

get the ace tool or a spitfire metal tool, they're thinner than a regular t-tool and fit ventures

I have the spitfire tool, but that doesn't work. You can kinda use it at first at an angle but once the nut gets tightened enough the hanger gets in the way.

Also how would moving the front holes forward a few mm change the WB? The baseplate dimensions (W x L) are still the same and the holes in the board are still the same. All that geometry has me confused.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #3066 on: June 15, 2022, 08:19:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

My biggest complaint about Venture is that the front holes in the baseplate are too far back. The hanger gets in the way so you can't use a traditional skate tool. I gotta have a separate 3/8" wrench just for the front two bolts. Pain in the ass, but that's the price you gotta pay to be <AWAKE>
[close]

get the ace tool or a spitfire metal tool, they're thinner than a regular t-tool and fit ventures
[close]

I have the spitfire tool, but that doesn't work. You can kinda use it at first at an angle but once the nut gets tightened enough the hanger gets in the way.

Also how would moving the front holes forward a few mm change the WB? The baseplate dimensions (W x L) are still the same and the holes in the board are still the same. All that geometry has me confused.

If you change the position of the holes while keeping everything else the same, the axle is now closer/further to the middle of the board. Thereby changing the space between your front and back wheels, which is the effective wheelbase of your board.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3067 on: June 15, 2022, 08:52:47 AM »
Who the fuck wants to skate like koston anyway. Thad be not great. Koston is famous because they reached the level earlier than us and for threatening homeless people of wallets.

Now we are all old we equally bad.
(A)pl(E)

Tre

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3068 on: June 16, 2022, 08:34:51 PM »
Can I put venture low hanger from a 5.2 on a forged baseplate from a venture 5.2 high? Will it be compatible?

I mean a cast venture low hanger to a forged hi base baseplate

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #3069 on: June 16, 2022, 08:59:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i have had this set up on a board with no issues

Ronnie Rodriguez

« Reply #3070 on: June 17, 2022, 06:21:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i have had this set up on a board with no issues

Yeah, Venture uses the same two models of baseplate (cast or forged) for every truck and the variance is all in the hangars. I've heard someone say they had lows with a lower pin, but every set I've had has the same height (checked after hearing that because of the madness).

I've been thinking about Ventures way too much and bought a set (5.6 hollow) yesterday. Been slappy crazy for the past couple years and recently re-discovered the joy of flatground...my best of which was on Ventures.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
  • Get bent
« Reply #3071 on: June 17, 2022, 07:28:41 AM »
I have the evisen butterfly knife tool, it’s like an open ended wrench, has a socket for the kingpin, axel nuts, a bottle opener, and a sharp edge that I’ve used to cut grip once, pretty good tool, and I look like a badass when someone asks me for a tool and I pull out a butterfly knife, hope they don’t fuck with ventures
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

IpathCats

« Reply #3072 on: June 17, 2022, 10:57:40 AM »
I have the evisen butterfly knife tool, it’s like an open ended wrench, has a socket for the kingpin, axel nuts, a bottle opener, and a sharp edge that I’ve used to cut grip once, pretty good tool, and I look like a badass when someone asks me for a tool and I pull out a butterfly knife, hope they don’t fuck with ventures

Welp, I just found something new i need to blow my money on. they're going for like 70-80 on ebay. i cant believe im considering this. its just so cool......

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3073 on: June 17, 2022, 11:56:02 AM »
Wrong thread.

Sorry to curse in this thread. The holiest of places.

I didn’t mean to Desecrate this temple
(A)pl(E)

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3074 on: June 17, 2022, 01:45:22 PM »
Who the fuck wants to skate like koston anyway. Thad be not great. Koston is famous because they reached the level earlier than us and for threatening homeless people of wallets.

I don't care for koston as a person either but i guarantee you, koston isn't as shitty at skating as 99% of us on this board at any age.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3075 on: June 17, 2022, 04:07:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I don't care for koston as a person either but i guarantee you, koston isn't as shitty at skating as 99% of us on this board at any age.

This is a messy shit post. ::)

I’m sorry I don’t feel good. I haven’t for a few months I think? I also was probably Daymaring about changing the truck I’ve been relying upon to feel semi good based on the modification of someone who historically has a poor pushing style.

I enjoy his Photos and his tricks are incredible.

I love the GG Allin edit. It was an exaggeration of what all me and mine thought about Koston’s style. What was the chimp on this? I can’t remember.

Sloppy af between hammers. Just this time he was saying fuck you only tricks matter.

That’s the era. Only tricks matter.

I’ve never felt like that.

If anyones feeling are hurt it’s not my intention. Im kinda a style snob.

I love all skateboarding. I’m way more critical of my own than others believe me. I’ve quit like 20 or more times because I’d have outer body experience see myself and want to hang it up.

I’ve focused boards going to package store because I didn’t like how Gross I felt. Come back all relapsed and high holding my trucks.

I was hated by other skaters in my youth because it was the only art I had from 83-like 95 when I joined the other illegal activity of bombing.

You should hear what I got to say about popular graffiti writers.

Especially that wack LA style that looks like it’s made of chewed bubblegum.

Or that horrendous SC style with all the whips and shit.

That’s like the jazz push to me.  Some wack frickin no style shit
(A)pl(E)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #3076 on: June 17, 2022, 05:45:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I’m sorry I don’t feel good. I haven’t for a few months I think? I also was probably Daymaring about changing the truck I’ve been relying upon to feel semi good based on the modification of someone who historically has a poor pushing style.

I love the GG Allin edit. It was an exaggeration of what all me and mine thought about Koston’s style. What was the chimp on this? I can’t remember.

Sloppy af between hammers. Just this time he was saying fuck you only tricks matter.

I love all skateboarding. I’m way more critical of my own than others believe me. I’ve quit like 20 or more times because I’d have outer body experience see myself and want to hang it up.

I’ve focused boards going to package store because I didn’t like how Gross I felt. Come back all relapsed and high holding my trucks.

I was hated by other skaters in my youth because it was the only art I had from 83-like 95 when I joined the other illegal activity of bombing.

I love when you write these, perfect.

And Koston’s push was the real forecast.
I do find myself cheering for him these days, looking better on board, it’s nice to see.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3077 on: June 17, 2022, 06:03:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

I do find myself cheering for him these days, looking better on board, it’s nice to see.
@Uncle Flea no worries man, talk your shit. It's why were all here. I hear you on his style, although i did enjoy his goof off dork stuff a la chomp at first. His goofiness did wear thin and come off as fake once I realized how much of a child he could be online.

Hope you feel better dude!

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3078 on: June 19, 2022, 11:40:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Thanks I’m feeling like I can’t explain my feelings lately and been deleting post.

I appreciate you
(A)pl(E)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #3079 on: June 19, 2022, 11:45:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks I’m feeling like I can’t explain my feelings lately and been deleting post.

I appreciate you

Well it came thru for me, and I enjoyed it.
I am sorry you have been feeling like that…I relate to that notion big time.

Who has the good push? Right now I can only think of bad ones.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3080 on: June 20, 2022, 03:57:44 AM »
gino
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #3081 on: June 20, 2022, 04:07:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

i would love to hear your takes on antistyle/eurostyle/backjump styles ie astro fills and whatnot, or london/uk styles. for me the absolute pinnacle would be london 90s-early 2000s when it was just huge chrome dubs, basic lettering etc - fume, zonk, cosa, zomby, teach, vamp etc.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 120
« Reply #3082 on: June 20, 2022, 12:51:13 PM »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1583
« Reply #3083 on: June 20, 2022, 01:05:33 PM »
Only the best….it would be sick if these brands just made their own tool.  Why leave it to silver? 

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #3084 on: June 20, 2022, 01:55:02 PM »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3085 on: June 20, 2022, 02:13:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

i would love to hear your takes on antistyle/eurostyle/backjump styles ie astro fills and whatnot, or london/uk styles. for me the absolute pinnacle would be london 90s-early 2000s when it was just huge chrome dubs, basic lettering etc - fume, zonk, cosa, zomby, teach, vamp etc.

I love that era for sure. I assume it’s probably in the spirit of what I did.

I love this one modern UK writer.  Aroe roids. I think they one person.

They are doing what I quit doing 100 but in that pop MSK marvel universe color palette.

Today I just walk up to a wall and do whatever I can with stock rusto cans usually. No real plans. Random nom de plume.

If I think about it I won’t have fun.

To me the act was everything. Also writing kinda destroyed my life.

I guess if I could look like another writer I’d probably pick Virus?

They kinda tick all the boxes for me. Especially the fills.

If I was trying not to look like someone it’s be Revok. or those two kids from Chicago I was always getting compared to when I was going hard.

(A)pl(E)

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1583
« Reply #3086 on: June 20, 2022, 02:23:02 PM »
The Canadian Virus?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3087 on: June 20, 2022, 10:07:27 PM »
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3088 on: June 20, 2022, 10:19:38 PM »

This isn’t the one. The extra piece I’m thinking of is a freight. Has a matching tars piece. I have it in a mag.

This is basically the style tho. The fill in is what hits me the most. It’s like in some scoobie doo colours.

It’s how it all works together. Kinda like wane cod part etc.

I like target imok.  I tfp fba. Ris aok.

I’m probably going to get back into no outline styles soon tho.
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3089 on: June 20, 2022, 10:26:29 PM »
One more monumental piece for the venture thread.

This fill in is almost perfection. The light colour box that was created in the seraph of the S is the eyesore. Vox CBS is an LAxHC skate legend. 

(A)pl(E)