Author Topic: Kenny Anderson of Converse  (Read 9129 times)

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
Re: Kenny Anderson of Converse
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2020, 06:49:08 PM »
Damn I remember glifberg pro models at kohl’s, I forgot about that era of cons. those were the days

Mr. Fink

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2020, 07:06:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The converse skate program has been through so many changes since it's started. I think Sammy Baca is the only original team member left.
[close]

were zered and eli on the original team as well or am i tripping
[close]

No but they were fairly early. Original team was Anderson, Pappalardo, Trapasso, Baca, Fowler, Molinar and Glifberg
[close]

I think the original team for the official Cons launch was only Pops, Trapasso, Baca, Fowler, and Molinar. Kenny and Rune were on a little after. Anyone else remember that intro ad with sketches of their silhouettes?
[close]

no but prevent this tragedy era cons was something special

Here’s the picture that someone drew noses on.

REGS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2020, 07:10:54 PM »
WKND is not listed on Alexis sponsors as well...

She's been of WKND for months. Hasn't had a board or done graphics for the last catalog or the upcoming one.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2020, 07:18:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The converse skate program has been through so many changes since it's started. I think Sammy Baca is the only original team member left.
[close]

[close]

No but they were fairly early. Original team was Anderson, Pappalardo, Trapasso, Baca, Fowler, Molinar and Glifberg
[close]

I think the original team for the official Cons launch was only Pops, Trapasso, Baca, Fowler, and Molinar. Kenny and Rune were on a little after. Anyone else remember that intro ad with sketches of their silhouettes?
[close]

[close]

Then they added these 3 soon after.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2020, 07:53:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not really surprised they either didn't renew his contract or kicked him off. A bit surprised they never kicked off Delatorre, given what he was involved in was arguably more controversial and known.
[close]

Think I might have missed this Delatorre stuff, is it recent? care to provide a link or a rundown?
[close]

He was there at Black Rock during the Jesse Viera Security Guard incident.  I didn’t watch the video so I don’t recall his involvement
[close]
It’s his board that gets taken, and he’s the first one to start grabbing it back.
yea iirc he's the first to put hands on Dan Jensen (security guard)
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2020, 08:35:22 PM »
If it has to do with the personal stuff, that's pretty virtuous for a company that can't manage to cut ties with it's slave labor supply chains.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2020, 08:41:57 PM »
If it has to do with the personal stuff, that's pretty virtuous for a company that can't manage to cut ties with it's slave labor supply chains.
its the public facing stuff that usually draws more ire, which probably causes people to get more pissed at an individual than an entity.

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2020, 09:30:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Angel Ramirez looks so burnt here and he’s probably like 20. Wish he would have taken skating more seriously, loved his style.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2020, 10:04:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

He was on the Chany helium shoe version of the team as well
[close]

ahh yes.  I definitely picked up a pair of these from Marshalls in white/navy ~2001ish.

[close]

These shoes are hideous but so far the only model in history to address the ugly ripping and wear that happens on the outside collar of the shoe. Can't decide if the rubber bumper they added is actually worse then the problem they're trying to solve.
I had these, i was conned by promises that they were made to be indestructible. They fkn weren't. The stitching between the hideous ollie pad and the rubber toe piece came undone, and the toe piece would keep slipping out, exposing your sock. If you think something about it might have been good, it was probably the opposite.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2020, 11:48:16 PM »
Expand Quote
WKND is not listed on Alexis sponsors as well...
[close]

She's been of WKND for months. Hasn't had a board or done graphics for the last catalog or the upcoming one.

She's on Picture show studio.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2020, 12:59:51 AM »
I don't know Kenny personally, but I know someone that does. This person told me Kenny was going to retire, at least from Cons. "To make more room for the newer guys" they said. He's been doing the musician thing lately anyways.

Not sure if that means Chocolate too but wouldn't be too surprised.

Kind of convenient timing with everything. Not trying to talk down to Kenny, definitely a difficult situation but maybe best for everyone involved. Kenny won't have that spotlight anymore and companies won't have to have those tough convos amongst public outcry.

Edit: Last part is pure drunk, bored speculation. Who gives a shit but yeah. I heard Kenny's time at cons was about to be over a good 4-5 months ago.
The chillest1

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2020, 01:42:24 AM »
Didn't follow the whole Kenny thing, what did he do?

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2020, 05:02:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Angel Ramirez looks so burnt here and he’s probably like 20. Wish he would have taken skating more seriously, loved his style.
He runs a board company in Denver.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2020, 05:51:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
its the public facing stuff that usually draws more ire, which probably causes people to get more pissed at an individual than an entity.

I doubt the cons TM has the power to overhaul the companies production line

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2020, 06:36:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

This group will continue to buy converse no mater where they are made, they would likely not if they found out the company supported an alleged abuser.

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2020, 06:50:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

This group will continue to buy converse no mater where they are made, they would likely not if they found out the company supported an alleged abuser.

Lol they wouldn't give a fuck
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2020, 07:32:21 AM »
Didn't follow the whole Kenny thing, what did he do?

Kenny's ex revealed him as a verbal/psychological domestic abuser, and some younger girl said he took advantage of her when she was drunk.

The Kenny stuff is pretty bad, not gonna lie.... but I'm not so sure it was deserving of a public audience. However, if the ex believes in her heart that he will hurt someone else then it was warranted.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2020, 07:47:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I find it so strange that girls have to be in the most strange poses or making a CoRkY face or some dumb hand gesture... for pictures. I know its been a thing like this since uh myspace I guess? But it is still weird af to me

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1490
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2020, 07:51:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

He was on the Chany helium shoe version of the team as well
[close]

ahh yes.  I definitely picked up a pair of these from Marshalls in white/navy ~2001ish.

[close]

These shoes are hideous but so far the only model in history to address the ugly ripping and wear that happens on the outside collar of the shoe. Can't decide if the rubber bumper they added is actually worse then the problem they're trying to solve.
[close]
I had these, i was conned by promises that they were made to be indestructible. They fkn weren't. The stitching between the hideous ollie pad and the rubber toe piece came undone, and the toe piece would keep slipping out, exposing your sock. If you think something about it might have been good, it was probably the opposite.
I had probably 3 pairs of these in the blue/yellow since they were less than $30 before the internets made snatching deals easier. I didn't really care how they looked but they skated great.

waffle

• Rep: 126
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2020, 12:44:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I find it so strange that girls have to be in the most strange poses or making a CoRkY face or some dumb hand gesture... for pictures. I know its been a thing like this since uh myspace I guess? But it is still weird af to me

lol dude - they're smiling and giving peace signs to the camera. You ok?  ;D

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2020, 12:56:28 PM »

Lookin good.

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2020, 12:59:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Yeah I’ve followed him on insta for like 8 years for some reason lol pretty sure it’s more his brothers thing but they seem pretty close so I’m sure he’s involved. I know he was a weed trimmer for a while then was bar tender and got with a girl that’s looks super chill and hot. They’ve  had two kids in recent years. Seems to be doing really well.

itsyourdad

• Rep: 56
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2020, 02:29:22 PM »
don’t care about kenny anderson tbh just here to say og cons (reboot) team was sick. the first time in nearly 15 years of skating that i was going to skate something other than vans.

chewly

• Rep: 1
  • Aaron Hips
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2020, 02:51:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lookin good.
Sweet! Glad to know he's doing well. Cataclysmic Abyss was the first vid I bought.

Anyone know anything about Abdias Rivera? Dude was so good.
I am not a cop