Author Topic: Muckmouth | Josh Swindell interview  (Read 29375 times)

cousinharold

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -63
    • muckmouth avatar image
Re: Muckmouth | Josh Swindell interview
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2014, 04:50:56 PM »
Hahahaha... There is no scandal at all with the edit, it was merely that people were misunderstanding what he meant - and it was something that Josh wanted to clear up as people had asked him about it at a comp over the weekend and whilst he stands by everything else he said, he didn't want any misunderstanding (and to be fair it seems we all thought he was being literal with that description - myself included - so I can totally understand him wanting to clarify things)

The term that Danny 'peed his pants' is his (Josh's) slang for 'being scared/was a pussy and did nothing about the situation' and not a literal pissing of his pants. In the same way that you might say 'so and so shit himself when I snuck up on him', to describe someone being scared - when presumably they didn't actually end up covered in shit.

Josh has been extremely open and honest throughout this interview, and I admire him wanting to clarify that Danny Way didn't actually urinate all over himself, when he easily could have left it in there for the world to visualise for eternity.

So yeah, no cover ups, no weirdness, no bullshit, just a simple clarification of facts after numerous people had talked to him about the interview and asked about the pissing.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 04:56:54 PM by cousinharold »
I aint gonna get a job at El Pollo Loco, they'll make me tuck my shirt in.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2014, 05:01:41 PM »
cover up the cover up  (ye protest to strongly)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

cousinharold

• Rep: -63
    • muckmouth avatar image
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2014, 05:13:27 PM »
Hahahaha, take the tinfoil off your head you nonce. It's a pretty serious fucking interview, I just wanted to give the edit the full explanation that it deserves. I am sure there are plenty more things I could edit out if I was meant to be covering anything up. Pissing is the least of anyone's worries. I was kind of gutted though, I personally liked the thought of that part being true.
I aint gonna get a job at El Pollo Loco, they'll make me tuck my shirt in.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2014, 07:07:35 PM »
pissing is the least of anyones worries ? dunno bout that     the tinfoil comment might be helpful tho
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

abudabi

« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2014, 10:29:16 PM »
Hahahaha, take the tinfoil off your head you nonce. It's a pretty serious fucking interview, I just wanted to give the edit the full explanation that it deserves. I am sure there are plenty more things I could edit out if I was meant to be covering anything up. Pissing is the least of anyone's worries. I was kind of gutted though, I personally liked the thought of that part being true.
i think i speak for everyone when i say you should have left it

bradtheraddad

• Rep: 27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2014, 11:02:39 AM »
Hahahaha... There is no scandal at all with the edit, it was merely that people were misunderstanding what he meant - and it was something that Josh wanted to clear up as people had asked him about it at a comp over the weekend and whilst he stands by everything else he said, he didn't want any misunderstanding (and to be fair it seems we all thought he was being literal with that description - myself included - so I can totally understand him wanting to clarify things)

The term that Danny 'peed his pants' is his (Josh's) slang for 'being scared/was a pussy and did nothing about the situation' and not a literal pissing of his pants. In the same way that you might say 'so and so shit himself when I snuck up on him', to describe someone being scared - when presumably they didn't actually end up covered in shit.

Josh has been extremely open and honest throughout this interview, and I admire him wanting to clarify that Danny Way didn't actually urinate all over himself, when he easily could have left it in there for the world to visualise for eternity.

So yeah, no cover ups, no weirdness, no bullshit, just a simple clarification of facts after numerous people had talked to him about the interview and asked about the pissing.

Ok, good. For a minute there, I thought Danny had pulled a Conge.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2014, 12:37:25 PM »

good move on your part. solid journalism and integrity to boot. though i really wish he'd pissed himself. not that I hate dway or anything, but i just kind of got attached to the image.

K

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2014, 11:43:48 AM »
i don't really know how to feel about this

i believe him, but that is just his side of the story

Danny may have suckerpunched Keith, but from Josh's words, he doesn't say Danny was lying about it, just that other people were saying Keith suckerpunched Danny.  who knows if Danny told people that, or if things just got lost in translation because drinking/loyalty.

it is kind of fucked for Danny to be known as a Gay Killer 20 years later (prior to the interview) when he just punched some dude who was starting shit (sucker or not) no bricks involved.  I can kind of understand if he wants to distance himself from this situation, no one made Josh and Steve stomp the guy out, regardless if Josh did less stomping than Steve.  this whole time people have been saying Danny killed dude with a brick and Josh took the heat for it, when that's not really true.

to me, the other dude (Steve) who lied and threw Josh under the bus is the only true scumbag here

It's extremely fucked up that he (Danny) is being labeled gay killer and everyone is jumping on the Fuck Danny Way bandwagon. Who of you were there and saw what happened? Josh was, Steve was, Danny Way was. So those are the three opinions that matter and spell out what happened. Josh even said Danny punched him once and was then punched out by someone and Steve, the guy runs Rockstar Energy now, said that Keith had punched him, it wasn't even Danny who said it.
we hear that there?s a fight out front. When I walk out the door the first thing I see is Danny Way out cold, bleeding from the mouth. I asked out loud who hit Danny and Steve Mateus responded with ?That fag sucker punched Danny!? So, we get Danny back inside the bar and he?s clueless as to what happened.

Also think back 20 years, they weren't so accepting of gay people, not nearly as we are now, and we're still not that accepting. Simply put Danny hit someone who happened to be gay and wouldn't back off when he was told to. Shit escalated out of control not because of Danny saying "Oh he's a fag, let's stomp him out." but out of loyalty to someone who's your brother. We are all like that still to this day. Anyone of you see's a best friend of yours down on the ground and someone says that guy did it, you're going over to settle shit out. No words will be spoken. I would love for someone to post a reply showing where a friend of their's got hit and they went over to the offender and talked about what happened to get to the bottom of the story.

Y'all are a bunch of can't read hypocrites. I doubt any of you even read the article.

crazy good interview

amazing he's so level headed and at peace with the situation.

It's called taking responsibility for your actions. It's something you do as an adult. Josh knows what he did, he knows what Steve did, he knows Steve punked him, there's no use in being angry at a situation that happened 20 years ago especially cause if he does do anything in regards to revenge/retaliation not only would it be stupid, he'd be going back to jail. The interview wasn't about hate or anger. It was about getting the story out there. He doesn't even call out Danny Way for "letting him hang." Danny even attested to the kind of guy Josh is and didn't throw him under the bus or anything. I wish Josh would reply on to this. It would be interesting to see his response to all the bandwagon people.

I don't think Danni Weigh will tell his side of the story..also danni should of done time for being an accomplice.

Being an accomplice means you are present while the crime is being committed, whether knowing or not. Danny was inside out cold, as it said in the interview, not outside with Steve and Josh. Had Keith lived he could've pressed assault charges on Danny for punching him but that's it.

Good job MM, but you missed the one question everyone wants answered: what does Josh Swindell think about Boston skate shops?

Isn't it obvious? They produce the best skaters out there  ;)

I was already kinda thinking Danny Way is a douche for putting his name on the side of the Great Wall of China after he jumped it. Well, maybe China did that for him. But I still think it's stupid. Thousand+ year old monument don't need his name on the side of it.

I think I remember that was China's doing. Kinda how we have the boulevard of stars in Hollywood sort of deal.

All these dudes really sound like pieces of shit back then, but sounds like Josh has used it as a springboard for a lot of growth. So good on him.

I was gonna point this out too. People like Josh who go into prison knowing what they did was wrong and are genuinely sorry usually benefit from being able to reflect on it and see what happened. My girls friend is in prison on bogus charges and he's got a plan for what he's gonna do as soon as he gets out in 11 months, just boom, get his head straight, get his act together and make something of himself while taking care of his grandparents, the only family he has left.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:15:51 PM by natek »

Wayne Regretzky

« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2014, 07:40:52 PM »
Expand Quote

Danny may have suckerpunched Keith, but from Josh's words, he doesn't say Danny was lying about it, just that other people were saying Keith suckerpunched Danny.  who knows if Danny told people that, or if things just got lost in translation because drinking/loyalty.

it is kind of fucked for Danny to be known as a Gay Killer 20 years later (prior to the interview) when he just punched some dude who was starting shit (sucker or not) no bricks involved.  I can kind of understand if he wants to distance himself from this situation, no one made Josh and Steve stomp the guy out, regardless if Josh did less stomping than Steve.  this whole time people have been saying Danny killed dude with a brick and Josh took the heat for it, when that's not really true.

to me, the other dude (Steve) who lied and threw Josh under the bus is the only true scumbag here
[close]

It's extremely fucked up that he (Danny) is being labeled gay killer and everyone is jumping on the Fuck Danny Way bandwagon. Who of you were there and saw what happened? Josh was, Steve was, Danny Way was. So those are the three opinions that matter and spell out what happened. Josh even said Danny punched him once and was then punched out by someone and Steve, the guy runs Rockstar Energy now, said that Keith had punched him, it wasn't even Danny who said it.
Expand Quote
we hear that there?s a fight out front. When I walk out the door the first thing I see is Danny Way out cold, bleeding from the mouth. I asked out loud who hit Danny and Steve Mateus responded with ?That fag sucker punched Danny!? So, we get Danny back inside the bar and he?s clueless as to what happened.
[close]

Also think back 20 years, they weren't so accepting of gay people, not nearly as we are now, and we're still not that accepting. Simply put Danny hit someone who happened to be gay and wouldn't back off when he was told to. Shit escalated out of control not because of Danny saying "Oh he's a fag, let's stomp him out." but out of loyalty to someone who's your brother. We are all like that still to this day. Anyone of you see's a best friend of yours down on the ground and someone says that guy did it, you're going over to settle shit out. No words will be spoken. I would love for someone to post a reply showing where a friend of their's got hit and they went over to the offender and talked about what happened to get to the bottom of the story.

Y'all are a bunch of can't read hypocrites. I doubt any of you even read the article.

Expand Quote
crazy good interview

[close]

It's called taking responsibility for your actions. It's something you do as an adult. Josh knows what he did, he knows what Steve did, he knows Steve punked him, there's no use in being angry at a situation that happened 20 years ago especially cause if he does do anything in regards to revenge/retaliation not only would it be stupid, he'd be going back to jail. The interview wasn't about hate or anger. It was about getting the story out there. He doesn't even call out Danny Way for "letting him hang." Danny even attested to the kind of guy Josh is and didn't throw him under the bus or anything. I wish Josh would reply on to this. It would be interesting to see his response to all the bandwagon people.

Expand Quote

I don't think Danni Weigh will tell his side of the story..also danni should of done time for being an accomplice.
[close]

Being an accomplice means you are present while the crime is being committed, whether knowing or not. Danny was inside out cold, as it said in the interview, not outside with Steve and Josh. Had Keith lived he could've pressed assault charges on Danny for punching him but that's it.

Expand Quote
Good job MM, but you missed the one question everyone wants answered: what does Josh Swindell think about Boston skate shops?
[close]

Expand Quote
I was already kinda thinking Danny Way is a douche for putting his name on the side of the Great Wall of China after he jumped it. Well, maybe China did that for him. But I still think it's stupid. Thousand+ year old monument don't need his name on the side of it.
[close]

I think I remember that was China's doing. Kinda how we have the boulevard of stars in Hollywood sort of deal.

Expand Quote

All these dudes really sound like pieces of shit back then, but sounds like Josh has used it as a springboard for a lot of growth. So good on him.
[close]

I was gonna point this out too. People like Josh who go into prison knowing what they did was wrong and are genuinely sorry usually benefit from being able to reflect on it and see what happened. My girls friend is in prison on bogus charges and he's got a plan for what he's gonna do as soon as he gets out in 11 months, just boom, get his head straight, get his act together and make something of himself while taking care of his grandparents, the only family he has left.
Wow, are you high?
You just quoted like 20 people.

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2014, 10:15:46 PM »
being high is awesome.

edti- im high as fuck right wow

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2014, 11:17:26 PM »
I get a kick out of the fact that some of you on here are hating D-Way for ALLEGED gay hate crimes but have no problem throwing the word "faggot" around.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

SomeWorries

« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2014, 11:25:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
crazy good interview

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2014, 12:19:42 AM »
You guys fucking suck.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2014, 04:23:20 AM »
I get a kick out of the fact that some of you on here are hating D-Way for ALLEGED gay hate crimes but have no problem throwing the word "faggot" around.

Shut up faggot.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2014, 06:16:46 AM »
I would have loved to have seen Markovich beating the shit out of D Way.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2014, 09:54:07 AM »

Wow, are you high?
You just quoted like 20 people.

No I just read the thread from start to finish while at work haha