Author Topic: Gunless in Calgary: American policeman jeered for letter  (Read 1290 times)

Beeda Weeda

Gunless in Calgary: American policeman jeered for letter
« on: August 10, 2012, 06:26:44 AM »
American cop approcahed by two canadian men in a park, unhappy he didnt have his gun in near death experience.

http://news.yahoo.com/gunless-calgary-american-policeman-jeered-letter-225750666.html

holden caulfield

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -33
Re: Gunless in Calgary: American policeman jeered for letter
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 06:42:35 AM »
What a fucking dick. Do Americans realize how perplexed the rest of the world is at their obsession with guns? Also this whole Chick fil A thing...politics in america seem so fucking outrageously ridiculous...it gives me second-hand embarrassment to live just a few miles north....

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 07:51:23 AM »
What a fucking dick. Do Americans realize how perplexed the rest of the world is at their obsession with guns? Also this whole Chick fil A thing...politics in america seem so fucking outrageously ridiculous...it gives me second-hand embarrassment to live just a few miles north....
No. We don't realize it at all. All of us Americans are gun-obsessed, pistol-carrying, bullshit prioritized and ignorant. In fact, I'm jacking off to a picture of a Glock right now.

But seriously, if you've never gotten in a deep philosophical debate regarding a fast food restaurant chain and their stance on gay marriage, you haven't lived.

holden caulfield

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 08:04:17 AM »
I should have specified. I meant: do the Americans that are obsessed with guns realize that the rest of the world finds their obsession with guns ridiculous and fucked up? Or do they think it is normal, rational behavior?

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 08:23:16 AM »
You're trying to tell me this isn't normal?

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 08:30:18 AM »
...from my cold, fat, dead hands

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 08:34:10 AM »
...from my cold, fat, dead hands

Different sandwich, same sentiment. Fuck anybody that dare stand between me and my meal.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 08:53:25 AM »
You're trying to tell me this isn't normal?

I'm so glad to know Cthulhu likes Sriracha too.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 10:00:31 AM »
People are missing the real issue at hand by focusing on the gun obsession aspect of the story.  The real news is that this is the first documented case of an American being scared of a Canadian.  What in the sam fuck is the world coming to?

I am so disappointed in my fellow countrymen right now at having felt threatened by such docile folk.  Fuck it, I am packing up my bags and moving to Cana....ahem...Mexico.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 10:02:15 AM »
What a fucking dick. Do Americans realize how perplexed the rest of the world is at their obsession with guns?
Many of us are just as perplexed... even some of us that own guns. I hunt sometimes and I love target shooting, but I hate handguns for completely non-political reasons. Having said that, the gun lobby here is powerful and has brainwashed people into thinking that having a firearm on you means you're ready for urban combat or some shit. Hell, I know idiots that dream of a day they can use a gun and be a hero. Fucking meatheads.

Also this whole Chick fil A thing...politics in america seem so fucking outrageously ridiculous...it gives me second-hand embarrassment to live just a few miles north....
Being in Louisiana, my fast food chicken is either from Popeye's or Church's. It's an unwritten law.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 10:27:41 AM »
I should have specified. I meant: do the Americans that are obsessed with guns realize that the rest of the world finds their obsession with guns ridiculous and fucked up? Or do they think it is normal, rational behavior?

Are you trying to tell me that this isn't vintage whacking material in the rest of the world?

holden caulfield

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 10:40:26 AM »
it just seems so fucked up. we trust you with high powered rifles, but not with a gram of weed! god knows what kind of damage to society you could cause with that...anyway i know im kinda beating a dead horse here, but as a non-american it's very difficult to comprehend the gun phenomenon in the u.s...i guess it's what happens when you legalize corruption (lobbying)...

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 11:23:32 AM »
but as a non-american it's very difficult to comprehend the gun phenomenon in the u.s...i guess it's what happens when you legalize corruption (lobbying)...

No. You get...

Don't be jealous baby!

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 12:19:28 PM »
...from my cold, fat, dead, non faggoty hands

Fixed that for you.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

holden caulfield

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 12:31:18 PM »
ok im a LITTLE jealous

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »
Mystery solved. 

From the letter the hyper sensitive social person wrote:
"I speculate they did not have good intentions when they approached in such an aggressive, disrespectful and menacing manner. I thank the Lord Jesus Christ they did not pull a weapon of some sort, but rather concluded it was in their best interest to leave us alone."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/opinion/letters/Nose+Hill+Park+confrontation+makes+visitors+feel+unsafe/7050028/story.html

I love how Jesus freaks are always so welcoming to others.  I can imagine Jesus Christ chilling with his apostles trying to figure out if buttsex is a net positive or negative for the world and some sick and dying leper comes hobbling over.

Leper (in a low mumble):"s...ssSir...Sir...Can you please help me?  I have heard that you have powers to heal the sick"
Jesus H. Christ:                 "Whuh?" (looks around) "What are you saying?"
Leper:                                "I am dying.  I am sick and I heard you can hea..."
Jesus H. Christ:                  "Say 'sick' again. SAY "SICK" AGAIN, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say sick one more           
                                            Goddamn time!" 
Leper                                   "AGGHHHHH!!!!""
(gunshots)                          POP! POP!...POP!...POP!
Jesus H. Christ:                  "Thank me that I got to that motherfucker before he could get to me.  More wine?"