Author Topic: zip zinged(r)  (Read 1655 times)

al boo boo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -45
  • Put some D'z on that bitch!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
zip zinged(r)
« on: March 27, 2007, 08:40:10 PM »
does anyone own one? if so, would i need to put riser pads on tht mofo? i live in the suburbs right now so errythings far spread out so i need a board thatll get me around..and a filming board too..put some indys on that bitch.

colinsthename

• Rep: 21
  • Ripping.
Re: zip zinged(r)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 09:10:16 PM »
its like any skateboard.  big wheels, loose trucks, risers may be needed.  if not, then no.
I hope one day Steve Austin is walking the street, I throw him a beer, and he stunners you.

whoami

• Rep: -43
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 09:20:31 PM »
i don't do a big truck with my zip zinger. tracker makes some nice little trucks that fit well and turn on a dime. i live in nyc and the short wheelbase is a must for dealing with traffic.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 09:27:16 PM by whoami »

MrCokesNSmokes

• Rep: -3
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 12:19:28 AM »
i don't do a big truck with my zip zinger. tracker makes some nice little trucks that fit well and turn on a dime. i live in nyc and the short wheelbase is a must for dealing with traffic.

The new Bennetts are even better. Indy doesn't make 101's anymore... although 129's might do the trick. But, the new Bennetts- whew. Niiiicccce.

bobjohn

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 02:11:50 AM »
How do those Bennetts turn? Indy pretty much stole their design and geometry, so I'd think they'd feel familiar.

PATruth

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 04:32:09 AM »
Good board. Wish the tail woulda been wider. I killed mine and just put together one of those liquor store boards from Whalecock. Im liking the shape a little better. Indys no risers,64mm/85a Rainskates Tsunamais.

MrCokesNSmokes

• Rep: -3
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 10:24:14 AM »
How do those Bennetts turn? Indy pretty much stole their design and geometry, so I'd think they'd feel familiar.

They're probably the sharpest turning trucks out, right now. They are roughly comparable to an Indy 101, but, the geometry is a little bit more pronounced, and the overall quality is a little bit better. I believe the Bennetts are fully sand-cast, and drilled and reamed for the axles- fully old-school production methods being used, here. Virgin aluminum. But, you pay for 'em, too, they're running about $55 a set, on average.

The bushings are just the best damned bushings I've ridden in years. They're some sort of rubber formula- not urethane. They are stiff, yet squishy, at the same time. They give a lot of resistance, but, they're definitely not "hard" bushings by any means.

Most kids that try mine out find them almost "too" turny. They take a wee bit of getting used to. The 5.0's are pretty stable- so, that's what I'm riding. They're definitely owrth checking out, and definitely worth the price.