Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 796900 times)

somedudefromnj

Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #1530 on: February 21, 2019, 06:26:24 PM »
Expand Quote
so i know i was posting saying my waywards were better than my elites, but i just set up thee wheels my wife just got me

holy shit these are fast and slide well.

the elites i had were samples but these are killing it
[close]
Did you smell your elites when you opened the package?

Also my orbs felt really good today.
Maybe I’m liking them after all.

not gonna lie i did smell em. kinda weird

Chatbot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #1531 on: February 22, 2019, 07:23:57 AM »
Does anyone have recommendations for good cruiser wheels? They will be used on a filmer board so something that is quiet.

Was looking at Ricta Clouds and the OJ Super Juice both at 78a
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 07:28:47 AM by Chatbot »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1532 on: February 22, 2019, 08:01:15 AM »
Does anyone have recommendations for good cruiser wheels? They will be used on a filmer board so something that is quiet.

I've got 60 mm 78A Ricta Clouds on my big cruiser. They roll over pretty much everything. Normal size cruiser has 54 mm 87A OJs Keyframes. I like those better cuz they're more closer to normal wheels and still roll over almost everything quite nicely. I guess they're both fairly quiet. Can't really test now as everything is covered in ice, snow and gravel. Don't get the Spitfire 80HDs. Those just plain suck. Too hard but not hard enough. Useless wheels IMO.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1533 on: February 22, 2019, 09:25:00 AM »
I dig my old Falla Bro-model 60mm 85A PFC cruiser wheels for big cruiser and  55mm 85A Powell G-slides for a smaller cruiser that can power slide.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #1534 on: February 22, 2019, 11:53:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've got 60 mm 78A Ricta Clouds on my big cruiser. They roll over pretty much everything. Normal size cruiser has 54 mm 87A OJs Keyframes. I like those better cuz they're more closer to normal wheels and still roll over almost everything quite nicely. I guess they're both fairly quiet. Can't really test now as everything is covered in ice, snow and gravel. Don't get the Spitfire 80HDs. Those just plain suck. Too hard but not hard enough. Useless wheels IMO.

Thanks. I think I'm gonna get the Ricta clouds 60mm. I just need them for my filming cruiser as the wheels currently on there are 10 years old. It's like riding 52mm soft wheels that roll slow as fuck. I skate faster on my regular board than with that current cruiser.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1535 on: February 22, 2019, 01:46:15 PM »
So I’ve skated the easy streets a few times now. I have the v5 in 53mm. They feel pretty much exactly like f4s to me (ive been on mostly 54 conical 99s lately). They slide fine, grip well (so far only skated them on black top). The only thing that bothers me is the sound. When i powerslide, they don’t bark. They make a sound that’s almost like a lazer. It’s really weird and confusing. I love how white and clean they look but I probably won’t buy them again. If I notice any thing different after more time, I’ll come back and chime in again.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

thebacker

« Reply #1536 on: February 22, 2019, 01:47:51 PM »
So I’ve skated the easy streets a few times now. I have the v5 in 53mm. They feel pretty much exactly like f4s to me (ive been on mostly 54 conical 99s lately). They slide fine, grip well (so far only skated them on black top). The only thing that bothers me is the sound. When i powerslide, they don’t bark. They make a sound that’s almost like a lazer. It’s really weird and confusing. I love how white and clean they look but I probably won’t buy them again. If I notice any thing different after more time, I’ll come back and chime in again.

please record this

PatoDuck

• Rep: -31
« Reply #1537 on: February 22, 2019, 06:29:51 PM »
I’ve been thinking about coping some bones V5s because I love square wheels, maybe one day I’ll get some ojs again

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #1538 on: February 22, 2019, 06:41:31 PM »
In my 14 posts describing them, I somehow left out the 'pyuuuuu.....pyuuuu.....pyuuuuu' noise.  Silly me. 

BMCsteve

• Rep: 55
« Reply #1539 on: February 22, 2019, 07:38:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

please record this

actual footage of Tangar powersliding

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1540 on: February 22, 2019, 07:57:05 PM »

I have these on my cruiser (previously had the 60mm ricta clouds on there) and they are perfect (plus they are 2 sets of wheels with bearings in each for $10). I like them a little better than the Rictas because they are a little bigger and faster, and are still quiet but sound a little more like my regular wheels when they slide.

https://pennswood.myshopify.com/collections/cruiser-wheels/products/cruiser-wheels
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 08:06:24 PM by Sundaynuggets »

PatoDuck

« Reply #1541 on: February 24, 2019, 10:30:51 AM »
Can anyone tell me about the bones V5?

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1542 on: February 24, 2019, 11:18:29 AM »

maybe if you post 20 more times today someone will.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

PatoDuck

« Reply #1543 on: February 24, 2019, 11:32:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

maybe if you post 20 more times today someone will.
Man someone must’ve shit in your cornflakes

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #1544 on: February 24, 2019, 06:29:52 PM »
I'd like to skate a square but really narrow wheel. 101a so that it slides as but much as possible.

PatoDuck

« Reply #1545 on: February 24, 2019, 07:34:49 PM »
I'd like to skate a square but really narrow wheel. 101a so that it slides as but much as possible.
Like a radial or a V2

PatoDuck

« Reply #1546 on: February 24, 2019, 07:38:48 PM »
Can anyone recommend a fat square wheel for me?

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #1547 on: February 24, 2019, 08:40:06 PM »

Mate you wheely need to reign in your obsession!

Italianshredder96

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1548 on: February 24, 2019, 09:26:57 PM »

I got the easy street 54mm they're so good, they lock in perfectly and slide great and if you as me got really bad bad streets the width and Duro are just about right.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1549 on: February 25, 2019, 12:01:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got the easy street 54mm they're so good, they lock in perfectly and slide great and if you as me got really bad bad streets the width and Duro are just about right.

I was disappointed with how narrow they are. The contact patch is much narrower than on Spitfire radial slims. Otherwise it’s pretty much the exact same width. For a wheel meant to take on rougher streets more easily making them this narrow is stupid. I haven’t been able to test them out yet but I hope the narrowness doesn’t slow them down too much. 🤔

I think all wheels should be like conical fulls.

PatoDuck

« Reply #1550 on: February 25, 2019, 07:05:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mate you wheely need to reign in your obsession!
i like this

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #1551 on: February 26, 2019, 08:40:47 AM »
dlx didn't disappoint! i got some f4s in the mail today, exactly the same shape and size (but white instead of swirls, which i'm really happy about) as the defective ones i got, and i fucking live in poland. i really didn't expect them to do anything but they contacted the distributor and got them to send me new wheels. best customer service i've ever experienced.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1552 on: February 26, 2019, 12:13:45 PM »
dlx didn't disappoint! i got some f4s in the mail today, exactly the same shape and size (but white instead of swirls, which i'm really happy about) as the defective ones i got, and i fucking live in poland. i really didn't expect them to do anything but they contacted the distributor and got them to send me new wheels. best customer service i've ever experienced.

DLX never disappoint in terms of customer support (or listening to their customer base).

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #1553 on: February 27, 2019, 10:58:40 AM »

Happy to help!

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1554 on: February 28, 2019, 02:34:43 AM »
what’s the biggest size wheel y’all would ride without risers on a 55mm truck?
any experiences with bigger than 54?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 03:00:53 AM by Weon »
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #1555 on: February 28, 2019, 02:49:42 AM »
i did 56's and it was pretty brutal without risers. even around 54 i'd be somewhat skeptical depending on how loose you run your trucks.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #1556 on: February 28, 2019, 03:21:49 AM »
I run 56mm conical fulls on Indy 149s (which i think are 55mm) with medium bones bushings and I run them on the loose side.

I have no problems outside of what I get on my other setups with smaller wheels. I really do not like risers.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 55
« Reply #1557 on: February 28, 2019, 04:33:38 AM »
what’s the biggest size wheel y’all would ride without risers on a 55mm truck?
any experiences with bigger than 54?

Indy says you can do 56mm on the standard (55mm height truck) and 54mm on the forged trucks (53.5 height).

Both of which I've done and worked.  I'm also susceptible to wheelbite due to my sloppy skating

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #1558 on: February 28, 2019, 05:32:33 AM »
i ran 56mm stf v5s on thunder 149s stock bushings relatively loose and it was wheelbite hell. land a pop shove even slightly off and it'd stick. chucked risers on and it reduced it but was still significant. kept the risers for years after despite dropping to 54s, removed them the other day (im probably at 52s now) and no significant wheelbite.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1559 on: February 28, 2019, 07:38:33 AM »
There’s more to it than just truck height.
I run 54 mm wheels on pretty much all my setups and with Indys (55 mm high) I get wheelbite sometimes.
On Venture His (also 55 mm high) it’s really hard to get them to wheelbite even though I run mine loose as fuck.
Aces also don’t wheelbite easily at all with 54 mm wheels despite being 52 mm tall.

Fucking slap is bugging. Have to press enter after every row or otherwise the Post-button goes missing. 😮