Author Topic: Nak of FA  (Read 39912 times)

lydius

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 43
Re: Nak of FA
« Reply #240 on: April 25, 2022, 06:24:06 PM »
Expand Quote
I think ADNLD actually has a lot of potential
[close]

What evidence has led you to that conclusion?
well I didn't think that initial promo was too bad

and also if he were to get a good graphic designer/art director, they could make some some good stuff that really leans into the racial politics of the day. i mean this idea was definitely formed in the aftermath of the 2020 George Floyd protests, and there is most likely a real current and momentum to draw from there with just imagery, but also a consumer base that would be down for that. but that is a risky and potentially alienating route to go. and current signs of what's available in their webstore and youtube suggest that it's a pet project a la Sean Pablo's Paradise that is basically what one poster in the original ADNLD thread referred to as a "tax dodge".

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1186
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #241 on: April 25, 2022, 06:26:21 PM »
Ok, fair enough, I suppose.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2215
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: Did Nak leave FA??
« Reply #242 on: April 25, 2022, 06:31:25 PM »
Rumor in my industry circle is he’s joining darkstar and redoing the whole team…
Rebranding from Darkstar to Forestmoon.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
Re: Did Nak leave FA??
« Reply #243 on: April 25, 2022, 06:32:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Rumor in my industry circle is he’s joining darkstar and redoing the whole team…
[close]
Rebranding from Darkstar to Forestmoon.

Very Nub Nub

rukes

• Rep: 217
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #244 on: April 25, 2022, 07:05:24 PM »
9 pages in and this thread still spicy as vanilla yoghurt.

Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -486
« Reply #245 on: April 25, 2022, 07:14:50 PM »
I think ADNLD actually has a lot of potential and I'm excited to see where he goes with it, but not getting hopes up too high. FA and SciFi both started as clothing companies. I don't think it's too far fetched to think he's made enough connections that he's ready to fly on his own (take a risk in leaving FA and Adidas). He's likely taking cues from how Hardies is doing as sort of the current day pioneer of a black-owned skate brand that is based out of black history and politics in the US.

I also appreciate and agree with what someone pointed out earlier, he does seem to be a skate rat compared to a lot of his original cherry peers from LA. maybe if he had the right person in his entourage who could be a TM type figure, we might see some real skating from this brand. he was asking around a while ago if anyone had a VX they would sell him.

That said, it sounds like he surrounds himself with kooks. The Lotties scandal really does tarnish his profile in the skate industry, but I'd bet 95% of U.S skaters are unaware it even happened. so maybe there is some blackballing/punitive measures/non-renewal of contracts because of it, but not much the average consumer would be aware of.

I appreciate your optimism but you’re wrong. The reason hardies has succeeded is that tyshawn has been business oriented since he started getting money.  He keeps his mouth shut until the media approaches him , he’s not out here talking wild on the internet 24/7. He understands how scarcity breeds sales without the need for controversy.

Na-kel can’t open his mouth without making enemies wether those be peers, fans or himself. He acts like he’s done great things but if anything he’s basically a shittier Jake Donnelly in terms of skating and coasting on the coat tails of being childhood friends of Earl as a rapper. He can’t even turn the shit talk into internet fandom a’la KB. I hope whatever he has planned works but losing all your sponsors in one day doesn’t seem like a great start. I

will say this in an interesting turn  for FA though given the team and dill have long said Nak was kinda the taste maker for who got on after the original crew. I think he’s suffering from some sort of mental illness though given his constant manic seeming episodes . Hope this all works out for dude.

Also edit for the all skate rat comments: I’ve seen him around a lot of the years at parks. Half the time he’s smoking and shooting the shit a few times he didn’t have a board kh2 was just riding a bike around stoner , and when he did skate he didn’t land a single trick, and that was just skating flat.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 07:25:07 PM by DCLOVE »
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1225
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #246 on: April 25, 2022, 07:58:16 PM »
Expand Quote
I think ADNLD actually has a lot of potential and I'm excited to see where he goes with it, but not getting hopes up too high. FA and SciFi both started as clothing companies. I don't think it's too far fetched to think he's made enough connections that he's ready to fly on his own (take a risk in leaving FA and Adidas). He's likely taking cues from how Hardies is doing as sort of the current day pioneer of a black-owned skate brand that is based out of black history and politics in the US.

I also appreciate and agree with what someone pointed out earlier, he does seem to be a skate rat compared to a lot of his original cherry peers from LA. maybe if he had the right person in his entourage who could be a TM type figure, we might see some real skating from this brand. he was asking around a while ago if anyone had a VX they would sell him.

That said, it sounds like he surrounds himself with kooks. The Lotties scandal really does tarnish his profile in the skate industry, but I'd bet 95% of U.S skaters are unaware it even happened. so maybe there is some blackballing/punitive measures/non-renewal of contracts because of it, but not much the average consumer would be aware of.
[close]

I appreciate your optimism but you’re wrong. The reason hardies has succeeded is that tyshawn has been business oriented since he started getting money.  He keeps his mouth shut until the media approaches him , he’s not out here talking wild on the internet 24/7. He understands how scarcity breeds sales without the need for controversy.

Na-kel can’t open his mouth without making enemies wether those be peers, fans or himself. He acts like he’s done great things but if anything he’s basically a shittier Jake Donnelly in terms of skating and coasting on the coat tails of being childhood friends of Earl as a rapper. He can’t even turn the shit talk into internet fandom a’la KB. I hope whatever he has planned works but losing all your sponsors in one day doesn’t seem like a great start. I

will say this in an interesting turn  for FA though given the team and dill have long said Nak was kinda the taste maker for who got on after the original crew. I think he’s suffering from some sort of mental illness though given his constant manic seeming episodes . Hope this all works out for dude.

Also edit for the all skate rat comments: I’ve seen him around a lot of the years at parks. Half the time he’s smoking and shooting the shit a few times he didn’t have a board kh2 was just riding a bike around stoner , and when he did skate he didn’t land a single trick, and that was just skating flat.
kh2?

Baglady

• Rep: -200
« Reply #247 on: April 25, 2022, 08:06:44 PM »
Lol I can’t wait for this rambunctious, obnoxious, Everest-tier ego having unproductive dude to fade away into obscurity. Enjoy the F-list celebrity status while it lasts.

Also, the whole constantly removing posts from your social media and just having 1-2 posts up at a time is corny and lame.
you should adopt some of those traits for your own good. Who gets through life without self awareness. Dude knows who he is and owns it. You on the other hand, are here talking about him, aware of someone else’s self awareness.

Why are critical on how he curates his IG. You weird for that.

indysk8r

• Rep: -22
« Reply #248 on: April 25, 2022, 08:15:50 PM »
u can def smoke ur self into insanity

Snappyfingers

• Rep: 41
  • AW YEAH
« Reply #249 on: April 25, 2022, 08:24:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Lol I can’t wait for this rambunctious, obnoxious, Everest-tier ego having unproductive dude to fade away into obscurity. Enjoy the F-list celebrity status while it lasts.

Also, the whole constantly removing posts from your social media and just having 1-2 posts up at a time is corny and lame.
[close]
you should adopt some of those traits for your own good. Who gets through life without self awareness. Dude knows who he is and owns it. You on the other hand, are here talking about him, aware of someone else’s self awareness.

Why are critical on how he curates his IG. You weird for that.

1. You’re suggesting that someone become a narcissist? You weird for that.
2. If Nak hqs ANY self-awareness, he tries REALLY hard to hide/deny it.
3. This forum exists to discuss public figures in the skateboarding industry.
4. Nak is a public figure in the skateboarding industry, so you weird for that for being critical of a potential consumer being critical of a person who’s public persona kinda sucks and whose job is to sell product.
5. Essentially, you weird for that.
AW YEAH

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #250 on: April 25, 2022, 08:35:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
His new album looks dope

[close]

Bruh, did you just call Nakel a spear chucker?
[close]

Finally this lame joke has reached terminal racism. Making fun of someone’s face is low-hanging fruit to begin with.

So from now on, if you’re going for ad hominem, please choose the responsible (not to mention more sophisticated) means of attack, which to my knowledge has been well-established on the boards for some time now:

[close]

What in the Sally Hemings?
[close]

My mistake, there’s certainly no need for an American-centric POV on something that transcends the history of humanity and planetary life in general

will gnar when pal

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #251 on: April 25, 2022, 11:24:02 PM »
I feel like he would've been on Organika somehow if it was earlier on
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #252 on: April 25, 2022, 11:30:08 PM »
I feel like he would've been on Organika somehow if it was earlier on

This actually kind of makes sense. Congratulations on your first post.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
« Reply #253 on: April 26, 2022, 12:07:02 AM »
Heard his new board company is called "Never leave Fairfax" and him and D Loy are the new "Style Lords" (not pros) and the first drop is going to be t shirts featuring stills from Mid 90s and that Hypebeast day in the life vide he did. He also reached out to Tyler the Creator for a feature but hasn't heard back as of yet.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #254 on: April 26, 2022, 12:30:51 AM »

wellp

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #255 on: April 26, 2022, 12:43:56 AM »
Nicee  ;)
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

I’dRatherSeeGino’sPuss

• Rep: -4
« Reply #256 on: April 26, 2022, 01:28:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Maybe I’m old and washed but Nak’s autoencomia make Bastien’s self-cheering look like self-flagellation to me. Fully puking on myself RN.

Dill is already crazy as fuck. Him and AVE don’t need this dude. It would only be a matter of time before he pops off on FA.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -215
« Reply #257 on: April 26, 2022, 01:29:39 AM »

wellp

The Ballad of JR Blastoff plays again

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 48
« Reply #258 on: April 26, 2022, 02:09:42 AM »
This guy has been destroying his own career for a while. I don't believe he will comeback from this. Many pros has been cancelled for a lot less. This guy has a trail of bullshit following where ever he is. This will be the last time he has proper sponsors. There are many examples of similar situations where people pile out too fast. Antwuan Dixon couldn't get back on good sponsors even though he is much more talented skater then this guy. So my verdict is that it is over for him and I don't believe he can run a successful business in his manic state of mind. 

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #259 on: April 26, 2022, 02:09:46 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me if his contracts were up and just weren't renewed by FA & Jim after that Lotties shit.

But it also wouldn't surprise me if this dude thinks he's the next messiah and dropped every stable source of income in his life to pursue something that every normie tells him is a bad idea.

Thing is with Nak, it's hard for me to imagine that he's gaining new fans, new generation are surely too young to really know OF like that and the dude doesn't really put out new stuff anymore. Plus the added amount of people growing up and realising this dude is kind of a piece of work... I guess there's Illegal CIV, I dunno how serious A Dream No Longer Deferred is though, never seen any product and it's been like a year, shit ain't even trademarked yet. Surely if you had a plan you'd milk your sponsors dry until you had something tangible in the near future, maybe that'd piss off FA but at least take that Supreme check for as long as humanly possible. This guy is letting all his hype die down first before coming out with something, fair enough.

Scrotal_Recall

« Reply #260 on: April 26, 2022, 02:56:01 AM »
whys it so hard for him to just shut the fuck up and skate for the biggest brands in skating?
That in itself is testament to plenty. Hes been digging his own grave for a couple years now - looks like hes finally snuggled in  and is making himself comfy. Sucks how inevitable this was  :(

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: April 26, 2022, 03:01:27 AM »
What?
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: April 26, 2022, 03:02:08 AM »
Dill backs him, it was just a cool moment
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #263 on: April 26, 2022, 03:50:27 AM »
In the latest GH video he hints that someone else is leaving too. TJ, Gino, Terp or maybe KB but I'm not sure about that.

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #264 on: April 26, 2022, 04:38:13 AM »
In the latest GH video he hints that someone else is leaving too. TJ, Gino, Terp or maybe KB but I'm not sure about that.

Terp hasn’t been on for a while. He makes furniture and stuff now.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #265 on: April 26, 2022, 04:51:36 AM »
This has a real Jereme Rogers / Evan Hernandez / Keelan Dadd career trajectory vibe to it.

conqueso

« Reply #266 on: April 26, 2022, 05:01:42 AM »

DERBY

• Rep: 259
« Reply #267 on: April 26, 2022, 05:13:47 AM »

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #268 on: April 26, 2022, 06:23:36 AM »

wellp

this is the most heinous routing of dates i’ve ever seen. his booking agent must despise him

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #269 on: April 26, 2022, 06:26:58 AM »
whys it so hard for him to just shut the fuck up and skate for the biggest brands in skating?
That in itself is testament to plenty. Hes been digging his own grave for a couple years now - looks like hes finally snuggled in  and is making himself comfy. Sucks how inevitable this was  :(

Kanye syndrome