Author Topic: Vans - Take It Back  (Read 14779 times)

City of Drunken Totems

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Vans - Take It Back
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2019, 09:59:31 PM »
Oh I get it, you don’t know what milking it means. And you think that skating a huge obstacle doesn’t count as skating a huge obstacle because other people have skated it too. My bad man. It would just be easier for everyone if you said “hey guys, I don’t know what I’m talking about, but here it goes” before every post so I could save that ten seconds to look at a gif or something. Thanks in advance homie.
Do you actually skate? Have you skated a step up before? are you aware of the low impact and minimal risk? Whats happens on an unsuccessful backside flip on this "huge" obstacle? absolutely nothing. You're making it sound like its so gnarly like he's not making it up easily every try and just waiting for one to be under his feet and roll away.

And honestly its gross how not only are you overly confident that I'm an idiot, But the fact you also added that whole "save ten seconds so I can look at a gif thanks homie" is the most cringe shit ever and makes it very hard to take you seriously.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2019, 10:14:48 PM »
Damn, you gonna get your shit pushed in talking about Rowley like that.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2019, 12:13:10 AM »
X factor ramp aka the plastic kickers everyone from 99 to 2006 had. Stevie admitted he couldnt drop in on said obstacle. 3 year olds can do that shit. Just saying thats totally embarassing. All I said was respect history, not surprised vans put 80s style punk in there

Stevie might not be able to drop in on your ramp but I'm sure probably could of switch heeled over it.

Also, you actually believe he cant drop in?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2019, 12:18:45 AM »
Expand Quote
X factor ramp aka the plastic kickers everyone from 99 to 2006 had. Stevie admitted he couldnt drop in on said obstacle. 3 year olds can do that shit. Just saying thats totally embarassing. All I said was respect history, not surprised vans put 80s style punk in there
[close]

Stevie might not be able to drop in on your ramp but I'm sure probably could of switch heeled over it.

He bailed several times/pussied out on his own shops 4ft quarter
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 773
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2019, 02:09:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just stopped by to say I need a new Kyle Walker part in my life
[close]

you can keep it when you find it thx
[close]

His last trick in his last part won SOTY but u weren't impressed.  ;D

Sure he can skate, I just don't care and soty sux.
Daveed won once too, can't say im waiting for a next part of him either

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2019, 03:11:53 AM »
Did not expect this amount of person in this thread...

Glurmpz

« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2019, 09:08:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah you're just straight up lying, or really gullible if someone told you that and you believed it.

Edit: I'll give you a really faded Stevie. I've seen faded Stevie - don't think it's compatible with transition.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 09:53:05 AM by Glurmpz »

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2019, 09:55:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’ve seen dudes who can skate 20 stair handrails and trey flip down 10+ Who can drop in and carve, but can barely axle stall or rock to fakie. This really wouldn’t surprise me. It’s just surprising he can’t even drop in and kick turn. Even the most insane street skaters who can’t even touch tranny can at least drop in.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

NegativeCreep

« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2019, 11:12:53 AM »
I skate mostly street and only have basic transition skills and I think I would trade those for the ability to skate street at a pro level.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2019, 12:47:15 PM »
Damn, you gonna get your shit pushed in talking about Rowley like that.
lol ya? for not referring to the step up he skated as a "huge" obstacle?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2019, 05:06:57 PM »
This thread officially sucks
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2019, 06:25:46 PM »
Even if stevie could barely skate a mini ramp, do you really think he couldn’t learn if he wanted to?

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2019, 07:30:09 PM »
What's with hating on legends like Rowley and Stevie?

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2019, 07:40:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Oh I get it, you don’t know what milking it means. And you think that skating a huge obstacle doesn’t count as skating a huge obstacle because other people have skated it too. My bad man. It would just be easier for everyone if you said “hey guys, I don’t know what I’m talking about, but here it goes” before every post so I could save that ten seconds to look at a gif or something. Thanks in advance homie.
[close]
Do you actually skate? Have you skated a step up before? are you aware of the low impact and minimal risk? Whats happens on an unsuccessful backside flip on this "huge" obstacle? absolutely nothing. You're making it sound like its so gnarly like he's not making it up easily every try and just waiting for one to be under his feet and roll away.

And honestly its gross how not only are you overly confident that I'm an idiot, But the fact you also added that whole "save ten seconds so I can look at a gif thanks homie" is the most cringe shit ever and makes it very hard to take you seriously.
You call that a step up?

billyerlife

« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2019, 07:52:57 PM »
Jesus, lot of dumb motherfuckers around here. So, uh, what'd everyone have for lunch today?

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2019, 08:16:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You call that a step up?
what else would you call it? I mean I'm aware of it being a pretty big stepup in comparison to skatepark one or something but its the same logic regardless.

Baby on Board

• Rep: 34
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2019, 08:56:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

New Daveed part drops soon, btw haha

Little Debbie

« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2019, 09:31:24 PM »
Lovell, you're not gonna get an award for skate cinematography. And the double angles, and the establishing shots are out of control mate.
agreed, he kinda seems to take himself a bit too seriously as a "filmmaker" like Chris Ray or Ty. is every long lens shot on a Manfrotto?

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2019, 01:43:04 AM »
Ronnie kinda reinds me of Diablo from OITNB.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 773
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2019, 03:13:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

WELL YOU CAN KEEP THAT TOO

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2019, 06:15:26 AM »

First of all, of all things you could learn how to drop in on, why would you do it on an X factor kicker?

Second of all, those things are mean to launch off of, not drop down on.

Third, don’t underestimates those fucking things. Once the Velcro wears off those things slide around like a motherfucker. It would be even more embarrassing saying you broke your leg from dropping in because the ramp slid then just saying you can’t drop in.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2019, 06:16:40 AM »
- Stevie vs quarterpipes

- how low can "low impact be"

- Daveeed & Kyle walker hate.

God I love SLAP.

The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2019, 10:14:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

WELL YOU CAN KEEP THAT TOO

maybe it is because I am drunk but a really laughed at this.
Besides,  great thread. What's not to love?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2225
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2019, 10:21:55 AM »
For lunch I had spicy thai shrimp with rice, in a ditch

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

NegativeCreep

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2019, 01:06:48 PM »
Imagine you're skating a ditch, getting a bit hungry so you order some spicy thai and the Uber eats driver is Beagle who is down to film some tricks.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2225
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2019, 01:30:35 PM »
Imagine you're skating a ditch, getting a bit hungry so you order some spicy thai and the Uber eats driver is Beagle who is down to film some tricks.
I'm down if Murdy backs me up

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

euro tm

« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2019, 02:31:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

beagle used to buy racks of beer before starting work on the weekends. would pick people up from the bars around 2 and sell them cases for like 3 times the price. boss shit.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2019, 10:00:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

beagle used to buy racks of beer before starting work on the weekends. would pick people up from the bars around 2 and sell them cases for like 3 times the price. boss shit.

Beagle understands supply and demand.

I'm not digging through this whole thread, but has it occurred to anyone that maybe there are so many "unimpressive" tricks in Rowley's part because he got laid the fuck out and had to use whatever throwaway he'd stacked to fill the part?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1376
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2019, 04:16:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Reminds me back in my drinking days when I had a $10 bottle of wine with me at 1 am waiting for the bus, and a drunk couple came up to me and offered me $20 then $30 for it. A lightbulb went off in my head. Never did anything about it though.

Rowley's part was great; he's still jumping up on them big walls, it's amazing.

Congrats on reaching Pal status Euro TM!

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2019, 08:42:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

lol this is a great idea.

Rowley still rules !