Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1438128 times)

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2265
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #8220 on: May 04, 2022, 01:22:17 PM »
it's weird to make a sobriety post a few posts after your weed sponsorship.

I dislike Loy as much as the next guy but that weed sponsorship post was from January. Now it would make sense if one is trying to/has gone sober to maybe delete older posts about drugs, but maybe he's not allowed to?

I thought it was more strange to include "after Relapsing and thinking I could just have a couple drinks and that turned into substances and a full on 10 day bender out in Miami." in your sobriety post. Kinda feels like he's still bragging about how hard he went for that 10 day bender out in Miami.

Did he bring it down the crack pipe to Miami?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 04:31:06 PM by Watson »

Hefe43

• Rep: 175
« Reply #8221 on: May 04, 2022, 01:31:27 PM »

Posting memes regardless of content is lame as fuck

+1
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #8222 on: May 04, 2022, 05:21:38 PM »
I’ve been in a few outpatient rehabs and still can’t understand how some people can smoke cigs and claim sobriety. You’d think as an athlete whose career relies on his athleticism that smoking would be a counterintuitive substitute for drugs. Seems like a D Loy type of thing to do.

Edit: By all means though, if you need to smoke cigs to get off of something, I back you 100%.

Some of the greatest hockey players of all time smoked cigarettes in between periods.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #8223 on: May 04, 2022, 05:28:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I dislike Loy as much as the next guy but that weed sponsorship post was from January. Now it would make sense if one is trying to/has gone sober to maybe delete older posts about drugs, but maybe he's not allowed to?

I thought it was more strange to include "after Relapsing and thinking I could just have a couple drinks and that turned into substances and a full on 10 day bender out in Miami." in your sobriety post. Kinda feels like he's still bragging about how hard he went for that 10 day bender out in Miami.

True true, but I swear he’s made similar sobriety posts with him drinking some alkaline water in the past followed by him smoking weed. I’m not digging for evidence, but I’ve got a pretty good memory. You’ll just have to take my word on this one.

BRINK

• Rep: -940
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #8224 on: May 04, 2022, 06:38:31 PM »
@pizzafliptofakie …

I just heard of your recent accomplishment via a co-worker. I know we discussed my appreciation for Sawcon on a zoom call once so I just came here specifically to pay my respects. #bofa 🙏🏻

milk.razor

• Rep: 11
« Reply #8225 on: May 04, 2022, 06:50:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

While I appreciate that this is some seriously kooky insane shit, this still speaks to my absurdist sensibilities and has me laughing my ass off... if you look at it without context in a Tim and Eric sort've way, you know?

i was afraid to say it here but i also think this is hilarious if you take it out of context
No fun allowed. Also get your phone out and film this for my insta edit. Also don’t breath too loud. Bitch.

quackquack

• Rep: -417
« Reply #8226 on: May 05, 2022, 08:28:08 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZHrShLlNP_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Dude's been milking that part for what, 20 years?
Oh, the places you'll go.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #8227 on: May 05, 2022, 08:41:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
True true, but I swear he’s made similar sobriety posts with him drinking some alkaline water in the past followed by him smoking weed. I’m not digging for evidence, but I’ve got a pretty good memory. You’ll just have to take my word on this one.

A 10 day, "bender," which usually implies excessive binge use, is a long fucking time. It's one thing to be in active addiction where you have a tolerance, or are doing whatever you're doing to keep homeostasis, but to binge for 10 days straight on a relapse with STREET DRUGS no less is extremely dangerous. This is how people die, end up in jail, ruining their life other ways, or end up hurting others.

People do fucked up and regrettable things while their using. Idk how bad his use got, but I'm happy he's working a program to stay clean.

My.only advice to those new into recovery would be GET OFF SOCIAL MEDIA!!!!!!!!!

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1081
« Reply #8228 on: May 05, 2022, 09:25:37 PM »

That post is from January. In the last few days, the NFT marketplace has completely collapsed. They've seen a 92% drop-off in sales.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8229 on: May 05, 2022, 09:29:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

A 10 day, "bender," which usually implies excessive binge use, is a long fucking time. It's one thing to be in active addiction where you have a tolerance, or are doing whatever you're doing to keep homeostasis, but to binge for 10 days straight on a relapse with STREET DRUGS no less is extremely dangerous. This is how people die, end up in jail, ruining their life other ways, or end up hurting others.

People do fucked up and regrettable things while their using. Idk how bad his use got, but I'm happy he's working a program to stay clean.

My.only advice to those new into recovery would be GET OFF SOCIAL MEDIA!!!!!!!!!
this. not to mention that now with the fentanyl risk it doesn’t even matter what your tolerance is if you end up getting something that’s cut with it. that alone is enough inspiration to keep your nose clean as a whole.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

quackquack

« Reply #8230 on: May 05, 2022, 11:07:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That post is from January. In the last few days, the NFT marketplace has completely collapsed. They've seen a 92% drop-off in sales.

Oh, I didn't even check out the date. One of my friends sent it to me and I had to share with the courts.

That's pretty wild about the collapse. I think NFT's are stupid as fuck, so it does make me grin a little bit. They make sense when trying to hide illicit-behavior, and that's about it.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #8231 on: May 06, 2022, 12:58:38 AM »

Was that even that special of a part to milk?   Eldridge in Yeah Right hit me harder than that

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #8232 on: May 06, 2022, 05:09:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hahaha who woulda thunk?
Everything I see or hear about NFTs makes me full body cringe. Danny Gonzalez’s insta is ducking atrocious these days …

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1081
« Reply #8233 on: May 06, 2022, 05:32:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
hahaha who woulda thunk?
Everything I see or hear about NFTs makes me full body cringe. Danny Gonzalez’s insta is ducking atrocious these days …

Anyone pitching NFTs at this stage in the game is probably on the losing end of the deal, discovering that they are the ones left holding the bag.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #8234 on: May 06, 2022, 07:15:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

For sure. I think Ham was getting into too much social media drama, which was horrible for his sobriety. I remember Wenning was cleaning up his act, posting daily clips, got a Lynx/Habitat reissue, then got too involved with some social media drama, got some face tatts, then a cane, now he ghost

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #8235 on: May 06, 2022, 07:37:18 AM »

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #8236 on: May 06, 2022, 08:19:39 AM »
Haha got 'em

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #8237 on: May 06, 2022, 09:57:59 AM »

I think Huf will be rolling over in his grave. Absolute trash

Edit: Huf Mr. Peanut with USA rolling stones tounge cocaine vile pendant and spoon. Nothing like kids ODing on fentynal
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 03:02:46 PM by WPG »
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #8238 on: May 06, 2022, 12:07:53 PM »
I can’t stand D Loy in any imaginable way. Never watched or cared.

But yeah his brother died a few years ago so I support whatever he does (even if a bit fake / sugar-coated) to get himself a bit out of the pits.

That shit is no joke.

Also if you fuck yourself up for years with pills and god knows what else, I can see why he keeps a way less dangerous addiction (weed).

Similar to ex heroin users that quit smack but keep smoking cigs.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

quackquack

« Reply #8239 on: May 06, 2022, 12:29:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Was that even that special of a part to milk?   Eldridge in Yeah Right hit me harder than that

I was really impressed as a fellow 16-year-old when it came out. Maybe it wasn't so much his switch skills, since Paul had already shown the world that switch is just a figment of the imagination. It was probably more so that he came from literally no-where, with that level of skill. It was like 'welp, might as well hang up the saddle now.'

Not unlike Eldridge, who's part I also was blown away with.

Why did Eldy hit you harder?

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #8240 on: May 06, 2022, 12:46:19 PM »

I'd rather wear a Coke Peanut than Weed Socks, but that's just me

pro club blanks

« Reply #8241 on: May 06, 2022, 03:16:38 PM »
Absolutely no one:

Huf clothing 2022: Yolo kid rock mr peanut

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #8242 on: May 06, 2022, 03:43:22 PM »
Absolutely no one:

Huf clothing 2022: Yolo kid rock mr peanut

2021 Video of the Year

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8243 on: May 06, 2022, 08:25:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I was really impressed as a fellow 16-year-old when it came out. Maybe it wasn't so much his switch skills, since Paul had already shown the world that switch is just a figment of the imagination. It was probably more so that he came from literally no-where, with that level of skill. It was like 'welp, might as well hang up the saddle now.'

He was 16 when FF came out?   

Eldy was a surprise part in YH - never heard of the guy before and then he laid down 2 minutes of insane tech/switch rail skills

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 643
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8244 on: May 06, 2022, 11:41:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'd rather wear a Coke Peanut than Weed Socks, but that's just me

President Peanut used to be such a role model

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #8245 on: May 07, 2022, 03:05:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Eldy was a surprise part in YH - never heard of the guy before and then he laid down 2 minutes of insane tech/switch rail skills

I think there was already expectations with Mike Mo for Fully Flared. I think Forecast was the part that 'blew' everyone away.

Justin's 'part' definitely hit me harder too, even though it's barely a minute of footage which was submitted and not really filmed for the video, and an accident trick as ender that I'm not sure counts.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8246 on: May 07, 2022, 03:12:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think there was already expectations with Mike Mo for Fully Flared. I think Forecast was the part that 'blew' everyone away.

Justin's 'part' definitely hit me harder too, even though it's barely a minute of footage which was submitted and not really filmed for the video, and an accident trick as ender that I'm not sure counts.

Never questioned that trick until now…   Is that an accidental crooks?   Always read it as a noseslide

He and Cale Nuske seemed to burst out at the same time with insane tech gnar tricks, looked similar, both on eS and lasted like 4 years if that (I know Eldridge is still on the Crail tenure program but he’s hasn’t been a legit pro for over a decade)

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #8247 on: May 07, 2022, 06:36:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

im sure you know this but, its not the part

its the switch flip in front of the exploding staircase

its stayed in peoples minds for years afterward. not saying mike mo's part isnt good (it is)

but I feel like the switch flip is what everyone remembers

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #8248 on: May 07, 2022, 08:48:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

im sure you know this but, its not the part

its the switch flip in front of the exploding staircase

its stayed in peoples minds for years afterward. not saying mike mo's part isnt good (it is)

but I feel like the switch flip is what everyone remembers

For me it was always the kickflip nosegrind on the L shaped ledge. Idk why but I love that clip.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

quackquack

« Reply #8249 on: May 07, 2022, 08:59:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Man I hated that Forecast video, so much so I don't even remember his part in it.

The only thing that sticks out was the awful song Spaz Orchiz used and being bummed on Justin Shutlz's part. The whole production suffered like a small-town shop video, without featuring any of the feel-good's.

Maybe it's because I actually did have expectations for Forecast, especially with it premiering after In Bloom and FF.