Author Topic: Girl Deck Shapes  (Read 87232 times)

Frank and Fred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
Re: Girl Deck Shapes
« Reply #510 on: August 08, 2023, 06:04:54 PM »
Really digging the love for the loveseat, cause I knew I would love it as soon as I took my first push.

That being said, Couch>Loveseat, any day. Personally, I think the dims fit the shape better

I felt the same. Would love to try a Loveseat plus though.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #511 on: August 09, 2023, 10:53:26 AM »
I just want to say, I do like that their decks are mostly hovering around 60 retail while most other main brands are 70 plus per deck. There are often many on sale for around 50 if you poke around online retailers. Even tho I prefer BBS, I might have to convert since I go through boards so often and my local's shop decks are brittle clutch boards.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #512 on: August 09, 2023, 08:51:16 PM »
I just got that Tony Ferguson deck.  Pretty stoked to set it up and mess around on it.  I think it would be pretty sweet if they offered a few sizes for their reissues.  A 7.63 would be great, and an old 7.75 shape.

totally agree, on a few larger small sizes. the collegiate series…411 roomies. damn.

i insisted on 7.5s, at the time, but my best sessions were 7.75s (7.8s etc).
7.5 is really little, still have my partially skate tae/TAG board and it’s perfectly flat, but that thing is small small.

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #513 on: August 10, 2023, 06:04:59 AM »
Expand Quote
I just got that Tony Ferguson deck.  Pretty stoked to set it up and mess around on it.  I think it would be pretty sweet if they offered a few sizes for their reissues.  A 7.63 would be great, and an old 7.75 shape.
[close]

totally agree, on a few larger small sizes. the collegiate series…411 roomies. damn.

i insisted on 7.5s, at the time, but my best sessions were 7.75s (7.8s etc).
7.5 is really little, still have my partially skate tae/TAG board and it’s perfectly flat, but that thing is small small.

Yeah, 7.63 always seemed to be the sweet spot for me.  I'd love it they put out a reissue in that size through PS.

Thebird

« Reply #514 on: August 10, 2023, 07:34:18 PM »
Soryy if this is discussed earlier in this thread - has anyone ridden the g023 and g026 to compare?  Mainly curious if one has more mellow kicks.  Thanks

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #515 on: August 11, 2023, 06:42:38 AM »
Soryy if this is discussed earlier in this thread - has anyone ridden the g023 and g026 to compare?  Mainly curious if one has more mellow kicks.  Thanks

I rode both shapes for a few years. None of them is more mellow as the other. One of them has a slightly shorter tail, but I can't remember which one. You can also check the www.crailtap.com/shapes website which is really useful.
IG: @flowterspace

Thebird

« Reply #516 on: August 11, 2023, 06:54:31 AM »
Thanks, I saw the 26 has the shorter tail.  I've ridden the 23 a few times, just wanted to see if other than the shorter tail there were any differences.  Think I'll stick to the 23 if everything else is the same.  Appreciate the reply.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
« Reply #517 on: August 21, 2023, 08:21:19 AM »
was skating the G030, and now skating the G016.  not a huge difference, but I do like the bigger nose on the G016, the mellower concave, and the shorter wheelbse.  the board feels a lil wider due to the concave and more nimble due to the shorter WB

hardly art, hardly starving

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #518 on: August 21, 2023, 11:24:29 AM »
was skating the G030, and now skating the G016.  not a huge difference, but I do like the bigger nose on the G016, the mellower concave, and the shorter wheelbse.  the board feels a lil wider due to the concave and more nimble due to the shorter WB

16 has the fun tail too

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #519 on: August 26, 2023, 03:46:19 PM »
I just want to say, I do like that their decks are mostly hovering around 60 retail while most other main brands are 70 plus per deck. There are often many on sale for around 50 if you poke around online retailers. Even tho I prefer BBS, I might have to convert since I go through boards so often and my local's shop decks are brittle clutch boards.
This is why I picked up a G053. I love the shape guide (should be an industry standard) and cheap prices compared to other brands.

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #520 on: August 26, 2023, 04:20:38 PM »
What is everyone’s take on the G057?

All the other 8.5” boards come with short wb’s, but this one looks like it has good dims.
I skate a little bit of flat, curbs, smaller transition. Old man skateboarding.

Will the 6.5” tail work with venture hi’s? Or should I stick to Indy’s for this one?

My gut is telling me I’d want a longer tail if I want to try ventures.

Are the kicks flat enough?
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #521 on: August 26, 2023, 07:33:34 PM »
I just picked up G096. The best experience I’ve had on a board was a 8.5 krooked with 14” wheelbase on ventures, with a close second on a very mellow 8.5 Sour. My setup for the G096 is ventures 5.8’s and 51mm 99 spitfire classics. Very excited to skate this.

I’m in the midst of a gear crisis where I have a 8.38/ 14.25wb krooked on Thunder hollows and 52mm wheels. Idk what I’m doing anymore. I just want my non flexible hips on my 6’ body to flick with ease.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #522 on: August 26, 2023, 07:43:10 PM »

All the other 8.5” boards come with short wb’s, but this one looks like it has good dims.

Will the 6.5” tail work with venture hi’s? Or should I stick to Indy’s for this one?

It would be not fun with Venture Hi most likely it has a very short tail, decently steep kicks, long WB. Might have really heavy pop feel.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #523 on: August 27, 2023, 12:43:11 AM »
That G096 looks solid! I skate Indys, so that 14" WB feels a bit crammed to me (I'm 5'10") , but I do like that the tail isn't super short, unlike some of Crail's other shapes where your foot slips off while pushing.

Anyone have any experience with Indys on the G096? I have some Thunders that I could try, but I'd rather stick with my Indys
Super Champion Fun Zone

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #524 on: August 27, 2023, 12:44:30 PM »
Skated the G096 today and it felt great. Short enough to flail around but wide enough to where it feels solid to catch a flip. I’m coming off a couple of injuries so still skating with some restraint but it felt nice doing kickflips and rolling around the park.

I’m on ventures at 51mm wheels and it felt great. Everything I popped had a solid pop and I didn’t feel like I was misfiring or having to put in extra effort to pop higher.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #525 on: August 28, 2023, 07:38:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

16 has the fun tail too

gonna walk this back... did not enjoy the G016 at all, the tail is just too small, felt like i was going to step right off it everytime i stepped on the board.  put the G030 back on mid-session and all was great again. 

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #526 on: August 28, 2023, 07:51:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

16 has the fun tail too
[close]

gonna walk this back... did not enjoy the G016 at all, the tail is just too small, felt like i was going to step right off it everytime i stepped on the board.  put the G030 back on mid-session and all was great again.

the tail is very polarizing, with most people i’ve seen saying the same as you here.

i like it from a ‘hey this tail looks kinda like the sheffey toy soldier….man my life was so much better then’.
big wheels (or larger than 52), might make for some
crazy pop angles. 360 flips tho, very good

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #527 on: August 28, 2023, 08:08:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

16 has the fun tail too
[close]

[close]

the tail is very polarizing, with most people i’ve seen saying the same as you here.

i like it from a ‘hey this tail looks kinda like the sheffey toy soldier….man my life was so much better then’.

yea, just couldnt get comfortable on it. felt too cramped. 

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #528 on: August 28, 2023, 09:23:03 AM »
That G096 looks solid! I skate Indys, so that 14" WB feels a bit crammed to me (I'm 5'10") , but I do like that the tail isn't super short, unlike some of Crail's other shapes where your foot slips off while pushing.

Anyone have any experience with Indys on the G096? I have some Thunders that I could try, but I'd rather stick with my Indys

I rode Mid 149's on a few G096

WB felt short as hell for sure, but I didnt really mind since the tails are nice and fat. Personally, I instantly loved it - I'm 5'11'' btw
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

LebowskisRug

« Reply #529 on: August 28, 2023, 10:47:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

16 has the fun tail too
[close]

[close]

[close]

I haven't met a single person that has had a good experience on that deck.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #530 on: August 28, 2023, 11:31:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

16 has the fun tail too
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i like it. if it was an 8 i’d skate it all the time. i don’t like a tail over 6.5, usually.

i’m sure some board wizard could figure out how in much taller wheels, you’d probably need longer nose/tail, and i’d be interested in that, but in general, i like a short tail. the griffin gass shape is the shit. a perfect 8.5, loved it with 149 thunders. if i ever get tempted to skate a wide board, that’d be the one. i’m sure it’s a complete coincidence that it has the same tail as their 7.75 that feels ‘like a skateboard’, or very much at home, for me. wish it was an 8.
anyways, i like the weird shaped tail

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #531 on: August 28, 2023, 11:53:59 AM »

Had my first session on the g053. I feel like the nose and tail should be swapped. Like the nose is pointer or something.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #532 on: August 28, 2023, 12:08:45 PM »
Crazy Mike Carroll skated that shape. I say skated bc I don’t think he skates anymore.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #533 on: August 28, 2023, 12:34:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

16 has the fun tail too
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i like it. if it was an 8 i’d skate it all the time. i don’t like a tail over 6.5, usually.

i’m sure some board wizard could figure out how in much taller wheels, you’d probably need longer nose/tail, and i’d be interested in that, but in general, i like a short tail. the griffin gass shape is the shit. a perfect 8.5, loved it with 149 thunders. if i ever get tempted to skate a wide board, that’d be the one. i’m sure it’s a complete coincidence that it has the same tail as their 7.75 that feels ‘like a skateboard’, or very much at home, for me. wish it was an 8.
anyways, i like the weird shaped tail

if anyone wants to give it a try, I'll send it (the G016 - Geering - very gently used now) to you (in lower 48 USA) for cost of shipping ($20), send me a PM

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #534 on: August 28, 2023, 01:29:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It would be not fun with Venture Hi most likely it has a very short tail, decently steep kicks, long WB. Might have really heavy pop feel.

Thanks man, maybe I’ll try it out one day, when I get some forged indy 149 and smaller wheels.
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #535 on: August 28, 2023, 05:01:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

WB felt short as hell for sure, but I didnt really mind since the tails are nice and fat. Personally, I instantly loved it - I'm 5'11'' btw

Appreciate the experience shared! The tail being bigger than the abysmally short 6.5ish of other molds is really tempting to give Crail another proper go again. My usual is always 14.25 - 14.5 WB on Black Label, AH, Polar, etc. brands.

The only other thing I used to dislike greatly on Crail was how long the fingers of flat was between the kicks and the truck holes. It always felt like my nose or tail would never lock in to a slide trick correctly because it would float awkwardly. Hoping the 096 doesn't do that
Super Champion Fun Zone

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #536 on: August 28, 2023, 06:03:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Appreciate the experience shared! The tail being bigger than the abysmally short 6.5ish of other molds is really tempting to give Crail another proper go again. My usual is always 14.25 - 14.5 WB on Black Label, AH, Polar, etc. brands.

The only other thing I used to dislike greatly on Crail was how long the fingers of flat was between the kicks and the truck holes. It always felt like my nose or tail would never lock in to a slide trick correctly because it would float awkwardly. Hoping the 096 doesn't do that

interesting: i like short tails and lots of fingers of flat, and i also am terrible at ledge tricks

LebowskisRug

« Reply #537 on: August 28, 2023, 08:32:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I stood on one at the shop yesterday and it's got the same large amount. To me it makes decks feel really long. My friend gets Girl flow and was saying it messed him up for a while but he really likes it now. Your feet have less of a chance of ending up too much on the kicks when you land, which makes the deck feel more stable (if the feet are on the kicks when you land you are more likely to swerve or slip out). And he can ride an 8.38 that is long but feels shorter than the DLX equivalent he rode before.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #538 on: August 28, 2023, 11:07:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

16 has the fun tail too
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Add me to that list. Never hated a board so much, paid only 35€ for it and still it was a huge waste of money.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #539 on: August 29, 2023, 03:56:32 AM »
Really interested in the two twins but the G027 has been on my mind. The thought of a popsicle with a shorter nose than tail is different.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus