Author Topic: History of Waxing Ledges  (Read 7226 times)

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
Re: History of Waxing Ledges
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2022, 03:22:46 AM »
Gou Miyagi uses lube

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2022, 05:35:13 AM »
Expand Quote
All I know is I don’t fuck with wax. Fuck that shit just go faster.
[close]

Welcome to Northern Europe.

Start skating 1987 in a small village outside the big city with a curb like that.

We heart by rumore that there is something called an ollie to jump up that thing without using
hand or ramp. took us a while to find out how it works... (some little help from some friend who have seen a skater in the city doing an ollie...)
But it doesnt take us that long to find out that we need some wax to grind it.
we start grinding from above, like a slasher,  no slappies. And we where not the smartest
10 years old kids.
So i am sure every other Kid playing with a skateboard / curb found out the candle trick sooner or later.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2022, 06:42:12 AM »
Expand Quote
All I know is I don’t fuck with wax. Fuck that shit just go faster.
[close]

Welcome to Northern Europe.

As a southern chilean we had 7-8 months of rain in my hometown and all curbs looked like that. We found some rain sewage that had a metal ledge and learned my first 50-50 there; they were so damn short you had to dismount almost inmediately or you kept grinding to his amazing curbs that were never meant to be skated.
We never had a policy of "too much wax", we actually encouraged to put some more in our crusty fucked up ledges so we could make more tricks on them ;D

Stone/marble/perfect ledges are almost non-existent in our country, so in order to slide you must wax your shit