Author Topic: Milking it  (Read 21700 times)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
Re: Milking it
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2018, 12:21:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Louie Bartletta. Tilt Mode Man Down is one of my favorite videos and he seems like a nice guy, but I think I’d be fine if he never released any more footage. 

At the time I thought his skating was really refreshing and creative, but now it just seems gimmicky.  I sadly feel the same way about enjoi.  For the past 10+ years it just keeps getting more and more of a hollowed-out husk of it’s former self.

Along those same lines, not sure if he still skates, but I get physically sick to my stomach whenever I see Ritchie Jackson.
[close]

You’re tripping. Louie’s put out lots of timeless parts and seems like an all around good dude. He does a lot of novelty tricks, but he also does a lot of really hard tricks. I don’t see Richie Jackson switch back smithing handrails. Louis balanced his quirkiness with undeniably solid skating and doesn’t get nearly enough credit for it.

Also, he runs enjoi now and has even said that he’s stepping down to give the younger guys some shine, which is a real classy move in an industry fueled by narcissism.
Yeah you're blowing it dude, Louie is the best and he arguably paved the way for other "quirky" skaters like Mango to do what they do.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 723
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2018, 12:35:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm not going to say he's milking it because I love his skating and style.

But solely based on the amount of footage he has put out over the years and the way he talks I get the feeling Justin Eldridge is one of the laziest dudes in skateboarding.
[close]

Ty Evans and everyone at crailtap wasted Justin Eldridge's talent way before his back injury kept him off the board. The reason he isn't bigger now is because crailtap took 50 years between Yeah Right and Pretty Sweet.
[close]

I agree that Crailtap slept on him but if he was sitting on piles of footage (which I highly doubt) he would have had plenty of other options to release it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4iemj0YCY5E
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Rein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2018, 01:28:58 PM »
How the hell does Cooper Wilt still have a pro model?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1188
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2018, 01:37:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Louie Bartletta. Tilt Mode Man Down is one of my favorite videos and he seems like a nice guy, but I think I’d be fine if he never released any more footage. 

At the time I thought his skating was really refreshing and creative, but now it just seems gimmicky.  I sadly feel the same way about enjoi.  For the past 10+ years it just keeps getting more and more of a hollowed-out husk of it’s former self.

Along those same lines, not sure if he still skates, but I get physically sick to my stomach whenever I see Ritchie Jackson.
[close]

You’re tripping. Louie’s put out lots of timeless parts and seems like an all around good dude. He does a lot of novelty tricks, but he also does a lot of really hard tricks. I don’t see Richie Jackson switch back smithing handrails. Louis balanced his quirkiness with undeniably solid skating and doesn’t get nearly enough credit for it.

Also, he runs enjoi now and has even said that he’s stepping down to give the younger guys some shine, which is a real classy move in an industry fueled by narcissism.
[close]
Yeah you're blowing it dude, Louie is the best and he arguably paved the way for other "quirky" skaters like Mango to do what they do.

Dude you’re blowing it hard putting old video clips up. I love Louie Bartletta. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 775
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2018, 01:58:03 PM »
How the hell does Cooper Wilt still have a pro model?

his last part is 6 years old, which isn't really that long ago compared to some of the others mentioned in the thread
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -486
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2018, 03:55:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm not going to say he's milking it because I love his skating and style.

But solely based on the amount of footage he has put out over the years and the way he talks I get the feeling Justin Eldridge is one of the laziest dudes in skateboarding.
[close]

Ty Evans and everyone at crailtap wasted Justin Eldridge's talent way before his back injury kept him off the board. The reason he isn't bigger now is because crailtap took 50 years between Yeah Right and Pretty Sweet.
[close]

I agree that Crailtap slept on him but if he was sitting on piles of footage (which I highly doubt) he would have had plenty of other options to release it.
[close]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4iemj0YCY5E

Thanks for that. It’s amazing they cut so much of his footage . People say how are crailtap dudes getting paid still but I’ve realized it’s probably just guilt for squandering dudes careers in favor of larger than life projects like fully flared and pretty sweet. Eldridge and Devine got fucked by chocolate and then the economic downturn happening right at their peaks. I got a little more love for eldridge though cause he’s the hometown hero and taught my little grom self how to nollie. My buddy’s been dating his sister for years too, So I always got little clip of the days on social media when they’d all go skate.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2018, 04:16:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

He put a pretty fun transition part out for the berrics which had some impressive tricks in it as well. It was only last year and it looks like he actually put effort into it. He said it's mostly likely his last part though. https://theberrics.com/video/post/embed/id/11043/

SlappyBum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2018, 04:21:10 PM »
 ::) >:(
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He put a pretty fun transition part out for the berrics which had some impressive tricks in it as well. It was only last year and it looks like he actually put effort into it. He said it's mostly likely his last part though. https://theberrics.com/video/post/embed/id/11043/

Louie barletta is the fuckin shit

DadBod

• Rep: -3
« Reply #158 on: October 16, 2018, 03:49:30 PM »
C Rob but he will be the 1st one to tell you.

Fuck yeah he's burnt toast

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2018, 07:40:45 PM »
Suckling at the teat of one of Bandy's sows.

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2018, 03:33:54 PM »
Brad Staba, literally don't think anyone can hold a candle to his ailing it, I can't think of even one clip in 10+ years

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2018, 04:08:40 PM »

Whoa that was sick! Thanks! Didn't know he did tranny so well. I guess like a broken clock Berrics can be right twice a day. (Okay maybe not in a day but..) Glad folks mine through that shit to find gems like these. Thank you Sir, I woulda never seen it

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2018, 01:10:43 AM »
i dont get how louie gets mentioned here, smh

feedmeseymour

« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2018, 05:32:52 AM »
Brad Staba, literally don't think anyone can hold a candle to his ailing it, I can't think of even one clip in 10+ years

so being a company/business owner is milking it?

Pigeon

« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2018, 11:06:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes, if you have your name on a board and can’t even have a guest trick in someone’s Instagram clip.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2018, 11:19:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes, if you have your name on a board and can’t even have a guest trick in someone’s Instagram clip.

[close]

hmm, maybe im biased cause i like staba, but i think its funnier/milky-er that biebel has one trick in the girl doll video yet they gave him a "starring" credit.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2018, 12:30:05 PM »
i posted this in the other milk thread that is now about the question if male nipples can lactate or something.

i am very smart boy, so this is good text read a very long time. ahem... :

"milking it is just part of an economic system that forces people into lifelong labor for financial security. since everyone needs money but most people hate their jobs, old washed up pros included, nearly every person at some point in their life will milk their jobs, if possible. that means getting your work done with minimum effort, getting by through routine or just trying to fly under the radar for as long as possible. so it's not exclusive to pro skaters.

if you have a boss that is dumb, unqualified, and generally not present or productive at work, then you have a boss like most people and that dude is most likely just milking the fuck out of his position. if you have an easy office job that consists of mainly browsing slap to make the time pass, you're milking it, too. but it's nice for you, so why would you retire?

being a legacy pro is skateboardings version of an old folks home.

what i don't get at all is that in most ads feat. some old washed up ex-pro, they just stare super focused into the camera, standing all tall and tough like some mma fighter, looking like complete fucking miserable assholes. like a lame instagram post that is "look, i met this awesome legend!!!!11!" and then you see mike v or jason jessee posing off next to them like "damn right, son, i am a fucking legend." to be fair, those two are not the brightest light bulbs either and most of those guys did it before they went more or less inactive, too. like d way, another really bad example of a guy that can't pose for a picture without looking like the most entitled jock ever."

-Frank, 2018, spaceship earth