Author Topic: TransWorld awards nominees  (Read 6262 times)

Bugs

Re: TransWorld awards nominees
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2009, 10:51:57 PM »
Rick McCrank best dance

sal23

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2009, 10:54:09 PM »
I dont remember if it was this year or not
But A happy medium was one of the best recent videos!
Seriously, it was better than "and now" in every way, shape and form

ChildoftheGhetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2009, 10:55:15 PM »

No only watchable part is nick fiorini.

sal23

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2009, 10:57:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm sure you hated jaws,motta,john rob, the montages, and ryan lay, but that doesn't suprise me
But what about robbie brockel? josh hawkins?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2009, 11:02:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I'm sure you hated jaws,motta,john rob, the montages, and ryan lay, but that doesn't suprise me
But what about robbie brockel? josh hawkins?

Who?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2009, 12:21:43 AM »
I always found that those awards shows are completely off... Anti-Hero best team? David Gravette's And Now part nominated?

David Gravette's part is cool but lack of flip tricks gets annoying. Chris Cole really brang his A-game in RTS... he did 2 bs 360s down Love Gap I mean come on!

I mean yeah anti-hero is a rad company but in no way does their line up is in the top 3 teams... I mean Cardiel is a legend and Gerwer kickfliped Wallenberg but that doesn't justify that they are nominated... Why is Zero not there as best team, they won KOTR 3 times in a row... Shit makes no sense...

Mind Field is a great video but calm yourself with the blind love... look at the parts and you will see that no videos come close to RTS

For me, like someone said... this is like the academy awards... Spielberg getting snobbed by critics... even if I know these awards are bullshit they still piss me off!

P.S. This is my opinion, it is probably biased but whatever
P.P.S. Saving Private Ryan should have won over Shakespeare in Love

What puts mindfield over ride the sky is its rewatch factor. RTS was crazy the first time soon, but those tricks are all about that shock factor when you see them once. Mindfield seems like its a more complete video to me
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2009, 12:22:23 AM »
life is like a box of chocolates, tastes damn delicious

Arlhem

• Rep: -2
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2009, 08:43:52 AM »
Expand Quote
I always found that those awards shows are completely off... Anti-Hero best team? David Gravette's And Now part nominated?

David Gravette's part is cool but lack of flip tricks gets annoying. Chris Cole really brang his A-game in RTS... he did 2 bs 360s down Love Gap I mean come on!

I mean yeah anti-hero is a rad company but in no way does their line up is in the top 3 teams... I mean Cardiel is a legend and Gerwer kickfliped Wallenberg but that doesn't justify that they are nominated... Why is Zero not there as best team, they won KOTR 3 times in a row... Shit makes no sense...

Mind Field is a great video but calm yourself with the blind love... look at the parts and you will see that no videos come close to RTS

For me, like someone said... this is like the academy awards... Spielberg getting snobbed by critics... even if I know these awards are bullshit they still piss me off!

[close]

What puts mindfield over ride the sky is its rewatch factor. RTS was crazy the first time soon, but those tricks are all about that shock factor when you see them once. Mindfield seems like its a more complete video to me

You see for me, it's more pleasurable to rewatch RTS than Mind Field since there's no artsy stuff... more skate, less fluff... i do agree that Mind Field is great tho, Heath is sick!
''I guess my mother never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch'' - Jack Nicholson

Mather_

• Rep: -1
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2009, 11:07:48 AM »
when reynolds did not win video part of the year for baker 3 i decided these awards suck

eyesmcgyver

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2009, 11:11:24 AM »
life is like a box of chocolates, tastes damn delicious

let's go to that fuckin' party bro!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2009, 11:36:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You see for me, it's more pleasurable to rewatch RTS than Mind Field since there's no artsy stuff... more skate, less fluff... i do agree that Mind Field is great tho, Heath is sick!
But is it really enjoyable at all to watch somebody style-lessly hucking themselves off of a gap the second time? I say no. Though the first time it does have its gimmick. I'd rather watch Kalis push over and over than any of that bland grind the rail, grind the hubba bullshit. That's why people still watch and talk about photosynthesis, but nobody cares about menikmati anymore at all.
As for the art, if you can't appreciate that shit you are just a philistine, which isn't too surprising considering you liked some SD handrail company's video more than alien.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2009, 01:30:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
But is it really enjoyable at all to watch somebody style-lessly hucking themselves off of a gap the second time? I say no. Though the first time it does have its gimmick. I'd rather watch Kalis push over and over than any of that bland grind the rail, grind the hubba bullshit. That's why people still watch and talk about photosynthesis, but nobody cares about menikmati anymore at all.
As for the art, if you can't appreciate that shit you are just a philistine, which isn't too surprising considering you liked some SD handrail company's video more than alien.

uhhhhhh

Arlhem

• Rep: -2
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2009, 02:57:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think it's more a matter of taste than anything else really... but i did check the definition of philistine on wikipedia... hehe
''I guess my mother never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch'' - Jack Nicholson

nkarasch

• Rep: -29
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2009, 04:51:44 PM »
wow this is the RTS vs. Mind Field thread I guess

My first time watching RTS I was like wtf that was ridiculous, Mind Field disappointed me.