Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 547102 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #270 on: September 02, 2019, 10:55:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm jealous you got your hands on the Ventures. I can't seem to find them.
[close]
They popped up on some online stores last week. My local barely got them last Friday and they are maybe 30 miles from SF lol
[close]

Which online stores? I tried CCS, SPOT, SkateWarehouse, Tactics, and Atlas.
May just start calling random shops

35th will get you sorted.

animalflesh

« Reply #271 on: September 03, 2019, 01:10:00 PM »
Waterlogged my leftover in a ditch on accident

Set this up

Prime 9.63
Ace 55
1/4 riser
Spit 60
Big balls

Reese

« Reply #272 on: September 03, 2019, 01:39:03 PM »
Sick

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #273 on: September 03, 2019, 03:56:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm jealous you got your hands on the Ventures. I can't seem to find them.
[close]
They popped up on some online stores last week. My local barely got them last Friday and they are maybe 30 miles from SF lol
[close]

Which online stores? I tried CCS, SPOT, SkateWarehouse, Tactics, and Atlas.
May just start calling random shops
[close]

35th will get you sorted.

Thanks
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

animalflesh

« Reply #274 on: September 04, 2019, 07:41:35 AM »
Sick

Thanx monnn

Here’s a deck my girlfriend bought for me and I set up with all new shit last month, it’s a park board/ slappy board

Prime x Brian Bent 9.75 (single kick/no concave)
Ace 55
1/4 riser
Some sort of new slime balls that are skinny and a different shape (58mm)

burn_to_live

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #275 on: September 08, 2019, 12:28:08 PM »

9.25 1992 Shape Polar Aaron Herrington
Hand-painted Mob

I love this board.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #276 on: September 24, 2019, 06:23:26 AM »
nowerdays 66s are the way to go anyways...

who made that krampus deck? i like it!

i am riding an alltimers at the moment. a friend didn't like it and gave it to me

edit: i don't believe embeding a picture is that difficult
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:10:54 AM by jtrpma »

PMA

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #277 on: September 24, 2019, 07:28:50 AM »
Quote from: Freight Train
Too bad Indy doesn't make 215's any more

Apparently skate shops can still order them though, go ask your local.

velvethammer

• Rep: -8
« Reply #278 on: September 24, 2019, 07:49:28 AM »
I just put this together. Really nice for big feet. Close to a popsicle but more of a square tail. Great for slappys.
Anti Hero Green Giant 9.56
Indy 169s
Andale Daewon bearings
Spitfire Full Conical 56mm
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:26:35 AM by velvethammer »

Freight Train

« Reply #279 on: September 24, 2019, 08:09:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sick! Thanks

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #280 on: September 24, 2019, 08:50:56 AM »

Antihero 9.1, feels close to 33 long
Ace 55, Bones hard bushings
Spitfire conical full F4 58mm, 99a
Mini logo bearings
Mob grip

I was going back and forth between 8-8.75 for the last few years and figured I would see what a 9 feels like. Feels good to have the extra foot space. I think its a bit long for me, but I have an 8.8 Scram I’m going to ride next which is shorter so I think that will suit me better

What a find

« Reply #281 on: September 24, 2019, 10:44:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Sick! Thanks

Sk8supply customer service told me "NHS said that they are not coming back around until next Spring"

seahorse-emoji

• Rep: 1
« Reply #282 on: September 26, 2019, 01:44:03 PM »

3rd orange eagle in a row, this one is IV concave
169s with white indy bushings
ff classics 99a, used to be 52s
bones swiss
mob + shortys

first post!

Antihero 9.1, feels close to 33 long
Ace 55, Bones hard bushings
Spitfire conical full F4 58mm, 99a
Mini logo bearings
Mob grip

I was going back and forth between 8-8.75 for the last few years and figured I would see what a 9 feels like. Feels good to have the extra foot space. I think its a bit long for me, but I have an 8.8 Scram I’m going to ride next which is shorter so I think that will suit me better

nice!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 02:51:41 PM by seahorse-emoji »

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
« Reply #283 on: September 26, 2019, 03:58:54 PM »
Does anybody know of a 9" that is under 32.5" long?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #285 on: September 26, 2019, 04:17:55 PM »
Polar does a popsicle with a 14.38 wb that is 9 wide and around 32.25 long.

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #286 on: September 26, 2019, 04:39:31 PM »
Does anybody know of a 9" that is under 32.5" long?

I’ve seen a 9.25 Chocolate floating around here and online thats 32

https://www.tactics.com/chocolate/tershy-original-chunk-925-couch-shape-skateboard-deck/black-yellow

VCR

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #287 on: September 26, 2019, 05:31:07 PM »
Polar does a popsicle with a 14.38 wb that is 9 wide and around 32.25 long.

Are they still going to make that shape? didn't see one in the last run of boards

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2019, 06:24:16 PM »
I saw a 9 in the newest run with wheel wells.
Not sure if the dimensions are the same though.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #289 on: September 27, 2019, 01:07:13 PM »
I saw a 9 in the newest run with wheel wells.
Not sure if the dimensions are the same though.

Awesome, thank you!

jtrpma

• PMA
« Reply #290 on: September 28, 2019, 11:40:51 PM »
If you like football shapes the blind fucked up kids are still all over some online shops on sale 9x32

PMA

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #291 on: September 29, 2019, 04:52:30 AM »
Anyone have any opinions on Santa Cruz wood? I've been looking at grabbing this because it's 9.31" and a similar shape to the Polar 1991, but 31.9" long with a 14.25" wheelbase, and i can get it half price through work. Would love to hear some testimonials from anyone who has skated a santa cruz recently.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 05:30:56 AM by Switch FS K-Swiss Grind »
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #292 on: September 29, 2019, 05:24:01 AM »
Anyone have any opinions on Santa Cruz wood? I've been looking at grabbing this because it's 9.31" and a similar shape to the Polar 1991, but 31.9" long with a 14.25" wheelbase, and i can get it half price through work. Would love to hear some testimonials from anyone who has skated a santa cruz recently.

I just started riding one of the 10.34 Santa Cruz Winkowskis yesterday and my first impression is that the deck is very very light weight. The concave/kicks feel a little different than the bbs/pennswood/south central wood I usually ride because everything is sharply angled rather than curving. Not a huge difference, but a little noticeable. The tail is interesting because it kicks up twice. Like there is the normal kick angle behind the rear truck, then a second slight angled kick about an inch and a half from the very end of the tail. Makes the tail feel different depending on where your foot rests on it.

I only have had it for one day but so far I really like it. The only downside is that I think the wood, though lighter, might not be as strong as I am used to. I did a bunch of wall rides yesterday and one corner of the tail is half way to razor tail already, wheareas other decks I ride seem to be more resilient. It is possible that this is more because of the shape (fish tail shape) than the quality of the wood though.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #293 on: September 29, 2019, 05:33:36 AM »

I had an 8.9” Jason Jessee that I couldn’t focus. Had to turn it around and set it laying nose on a stair and tail on the ground and jump in the middle several times to actually crack it. Resilient as fuck. It was fully dipped with no colored plies which is always wack. Tail was long and steepish. Didn’t care for that. And Jason Jessee is a nazi and Santa Cruz loves him. Other than those I had no issues with the board.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 164
« Reply #294 on: September 29, 2019, 06:32:39 AM »

SC and Creatures last a long time. It seems like a lot of boards chip easily nowadays, but those two hold up really well

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #295 on: September 29, 2019, 06:51:01 AM »
FUCK!  I just stupidly bought 54s for my big boy board (my only board) and they too fuckin big!  It sucks cause I basically need 51s and they're good for a couple of months and thats it.  I hate wide boards with bigger wheels.  Turns my board into a big piece of shit.  Im gonna slide the shit out of them and then take the risers off once they get smaller.  I need a sled style board with shitty pop I guesss.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

jtrpma

• PMA
« Reply #296 on: September 29, 2019, 07:46:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just started riding one of the 10.34 Santa Cruz Winkowskis yesterday and my first impression is that the deck is very very light weight. The concave/kicks feel a little different than the bbs/pennswood/south central wood I usually ride because everything is sharply angled rather than curving. Not a huge difference, but a little noticeable. The tail is interesting because it kicks up twice. Like there is the normal kick angle behind the rear truck, then a second slight angled kick about an inch and a half from the very end of the tail. Makes the tail feel different depending on where your foot rests on it.

I only have had it for one day but so far I really like it. The only downside is that I think the wood, though lighter, might not be as strong as I am used to. I did a bunch of wall rides yesterday and one corner of the tail is half way to razor tail already, wheareas other decks I ride seem to be more resilient. It is possible that this is more because of the shape (fish tail shape) than the quality of the wood though.

The concave of the winkowski is very different from most other sc boards, they are more normal.
I also loved the shape, concave and low center of gravity rocker feel of the winkowski, but I snapped the tail clean off after like a month which has never happened to any other deck I rode

PMA

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #297 on: September 29, 2019, 08:38:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The concave of the winkowski is very different from most other sc boards, they are more normal.
I also loved the shape, concave and low center of gravity rocker feel of the winkowski, but I snapped the tail clean off after like a month which has never happened to any other deck I rode

Interesting! Yeah, the lightness of the wood had me wondering if it’s going to snap on me as well. The rocker and all those angled things on the board definitely feel interesting so far. Its a pretty stark contrast to the feel of the Zip zogger I was riding before it (and will switch back to after I ride this)

animalflesh

« Reply #298 on: September 29, 2019, 08:52:18 AM »
I don’t find it very likely

There’s kind of a weird leverage point on fish tails where the skinniest weakest part of the board is right behind the back truck, and the way the tail fans out after kind of makes you more likely to put your foot there when landing...

I’ve broken multiple fish tail boards on the tail from different companies, but have skated other shapes from those same companies and not had as much of a problem with tails snapping

Freight Train

« Reply #299 on: September 29, 2019, 11:06:29 AM »
The Santa Cruz Jim Phillips PreIssues are looking good. I want the one with the Faerie sitting on the giant mushroom for the wall