Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 581965 times)

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #2970 on: October 30, 2018, 07:35:42 AM »
Who even trusts critics? They know nothing about real music..

On a serious note that Fantano dude is a big headed kook.

honestly cant tell if you're being serious or not now.

if you like GVF, thats totally fine, but both pitchfork and melon have valid points regarding their music. personally i find them to be nothing more than an imitation zeppelin, and id rather just listen to the real deal instead of the copycat version. the fact that they flat out deny their imitation and practically dance around any mention of zep in interviews and press only makes it worse.

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2971 on: October 30, 2018, 10:55:49 AM »
  I'm gonna slow down my  complainy slap posts. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #2972 on: October 30, 2018, 11:08:31 AM »
Why the fuck my lower back has been locking up out of the blue, I literally did nothing that could've hurt it and it's been fucked since last Friday

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #2973 on: October 30, 2018, 01:39:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Who even trusts critics? They know nothing about real music..

On a serious note that Fantano dude is a big headed kook.
[close]

honestly cant tell if you're being serious or not now.

if you like GVF, thats totally fine, but both pitchfork and melon have valid points regarding their music. personally i find them to be nothing more than an imitation zeppelin, and id rather just listen to the real deal instead of the copycat version. the fact that they flat out deny their imitation and practically dance around any mention of zep in interviews and press only makes it worse.

i first heard GVF and i was hyped something that such a throwback was getting played on mainstream radio, went home, got the album and about 4 tracks in switched it out for Led Zeppelin 3.

Theyre like like the asda/walmart version of classic rock

like sure, I can get this basic tee in ASDA for £3 but i know i'm gonna wear it once and when it comes back from being washed its never gonna fit again. or I could go elsewhere, pay maybe £10/15 for a shirt that looks essentially the same but is infinitely better in quality and itll last longer than several imitations..

I forgot what my point was

8thproxy

• Rep: -11
« Reply #2974 on: October 30, 2018, 09:39:48 PM »
I think ima make a zine or book or some shit of stuff I saved off the internet, just interesting wierd stuff, came across this today.
The Giants had tortured the Seneca for generation but still they prospered- the Cayuga band formed from the Seneca first and moved toward the coast. And then the Mohawk Oneida Onondaga bands formed and occupied the Adirondacks and up to Canada. The Deer People and Huron too were under the protection of the Mingwe Seneca and were brothers to the Iroquois- speaking the same language. The Iroquois long before the Haudenosaunee of Hiawatha lived as brothers but life was hard. The Mound builder "snake Indians" were constantly making slave raids on their villages forcing the people to move deeper and higher into the Mountains and toward the Coast.

One group of Seneca - their warrior Shaman cult decided to gather intelligence on the Mound builders. The Mound builders had a caste structured society- their soldiers were Giants compared to Seneca and war was a full time profession for the Giants. The warrior Shaman of the Seneca were "The keepers of the Western Door" Farmers-fishermen-deer hunters. The Seneca was the Father tribe of all the Iroquois tribes and so they resolved to face death and begin to confront the giants in the Ohio Valley near the borders of Ohio-Kentucky and West Virginia today. Their courage faltered after spying on the Mound Builders the Seneca warrior Shaman decided that it was just suicide to attack these warriors. The Mound builder warriors may be Gods they began to believe- or spirits- not human. They resolved to head back north and plan defense.

At this same time a people of great courage and spirit were traveling East from Michigan on a desperate Journey to save the last of their tribe. Their people had been enslaved by the mound Giants to mine copper and they had fought a great battle to escape their territory. These people called themselves "Lenape" and though they did not have the fierce cunning of the Seneca warrior Shaman of the smoke dance- they did have something very precious. These Lenape believed themselves to be "Human Beings" and chosen of the Sky Woman to teach how to be Human. The Lenape were very vulnerable when the Seneca Shaman found them but there numbers were large- and their warriors were very tall and robust. The Seneca contemplated trying to kill them all but they felt a feeling. The Lenape people seemed to know something- to have some strong medicine. As desperate as they were they were not living in fear.

One of the Seneca leaders met in Council with the Lenape and they learned they were great growers of crops and had valuable skills. The Seneca offered truce with them and offered to guide them to coast land unoccupied (Delaware). The Seneca then told them of the ruthless mound Giants that must be avoided in the Ohio Valley. The Seneca told the Lenape that these Giants were more than just men - that they were Sky Fathers quite possibly. As they had council and the Lenape asked many questions of the Giants the Seneca told them all they knew. Then a young Lenape boy named "Little Mud Wasp" spoke to ask a question.

"None of you have asked the right question" said Little Mud Wasp

"What is it you would like to know?" answered a Seneca Shaman

" Do they Bleed?"

There was no answer- the Shaman were set correct and then Little Mud Wasp continued.

"We will kill them then - we will fight bravely to help your people rid the land of these Giants." said Little Mud Wasp

" But how can we face them flint against Bronze?" said the Mingo Shaman?

" I have a plan. We will let their pride defeat them. I will set the Giants to chasing me - lead them into a box canyon or gully and you be waiting for them on the rise above"

The plan worked - little mud wasp was eventually captured and killed by the Giants. On that eventful day he cried from the Canyon " Do not cry for me! Remember my Death - remember we will defeat them - these Giant have no love for their Kin - only Copper and Gold." The Algonquin and Iriquois and later Cherokee all defeated the Mound builders - as they would gladly die for eachother. And this forever defined what is meant to be a " Human Being"- sacrifice for your kin.

And so that is how the Alliance of the Algonquian and Iroquois tribes began. From the Lenape would come many tribes including the Shawnee who would in later years inhabit the very Ohio Valley their ancestors once had to avoid. The alliance of Iroquois- Lenape and Cherokee eventually defeated the Mound Giants. But it is said that a very young half starved Lenape boy named Little Mud Wasp inspired the Seneca to stop retreating and engage the Mound builders at the Western door of the Ohio Valley. Even a child knows that Gods dont bleed. So the Seneca warrior Shaman found their courage and the bond between Iroquois and Algonquian was sealed forever in face of a common enemy.
Im Johnny Triplett part Cayuga Mingo from Kanawha County West Virginia- my Fathers before me as am I a keeper of the Western Door.Indians hate White people. But they have a special venomous kind of hate for a white guy with Indian anscestors that never signed treaties. Tucumseh The Panther in the Sky never signed treaties and died with a hatchet in his hand and Sky in the Water died with him. I am the gr gr gr gr gr grandson of Shikellamy Johnny Sky in the Water Scott. And yes he took the last name Scott to save his sons life. And yes I decided to tell the white snake Indians history of Western Door. Yes I am a very flawed man. But all my knife wounds are on the front of my body. I was born in Mingo County West Virginia the poorest most violent place in America so go ahead and judge me. Indian History and culture is dying because of their pride and stupidity. The tree shadows and stone Giants know my name. I keep the Western Door not because of blood but because of heart and soul. The Land loves those that know and love the land.I am one of them. Look at my last name. My Family founded Alexandria and Freemasonry. Ever see a guy wearing a ring with two balls and a cane? Tubalcain. My y chromosome is Ev13 - the true founders of Freemasonry are all y chromosome Ev13. Its the line of Nimrod. Roman soldiers. We do not think we are descended from Giants but Nimrod who was half Denisovan and the founders of Agriculture; building and War. I am also part Boswell Gypsy. There is not 1 man named Bush at the signing of Magna Carta; The Declaration of Arbroath; Valley Forge. Not 1! There were 167 Tripletts; 200 Wrights; about 100 Hatfields; a hundred or so Wallace family. These people you think hold the illuminatti tradition are pretenders. The true illuminatti are descended from Roman Soldiers and Cathedral builders.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2975 on: October 31, 2018, 09:10:05 AM »
What the fuck did I just not read?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Brguy

« Reply #2976 on: October 31, 2018, 10:32:44 AM »
Hey, what's up with this lack of music knowledge? You motherfuckers are skaters, just watch any skate video and you'll find like 6 good bands.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does new music actually suck or am I just old?
[close]

TONS of great new music is still being made and it's easier than ever to discover it. What kind of music do you like?
[close]

Lots really.

Breeders, pavement, taking heads, gang of 4, PJ Harvey, patti Smith, dinosaur Jr. , M ward, broken social scene, deer tick, Rolling Stones, i could go on and on

This isn't lots, that's like 2 or 3 genres.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:34:27 AM by Brguy »

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #2977 on: November 01, 2018, 10:35:21 AM »
Any of you guys get dressed up last night?

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2978 on: November 01, 2018, 02:16:22 PM »

not really but I put a skull mask on under a hoody, hid behind my car and scared the shit out of every trick or treater that came past. best night i've had in months.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2979 on: November 03, 2018, 05:33:16 PM »
Today I thought about how weird it is how the age difference of a parent and child gets smaller and smaller the older they get.  So eventually if they live long enough, it’s just two fucking old people hanging out. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #2980 on: November 03, 2018, 06:23:23 PM »

no but i made sure to wear an orange sweatshirt and green hat so my fat ass looked like a pumpkin.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2981 on: November 06, 2018, 02:35:25 PM »
how much better ryan lay would be if he skated normal boards .. welcome shapes can’t be doing anyone any favors
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #2982 on: November 06, 2018, 02:47:49 PM »
..if i want that smoke.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2983 on: November 06, 2018, 06:07:04 PM »
  Honestly I was thinking 'who let the dogs out'?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2984 on: November 06, 2018, 06:28:50 PM »
  Honestly I was thinking 'who let the dogs out'?

sinner

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2985 on: November 06, 2018, 08:02:59 PM »
Why is Vice still using Frank Lutz to host segments?

feedmeseymour

« Reply #2986 on: November 07, 2018, 10:00:11 AM »
i get random calls to my phone from people saying i keep calling them, which im not. and i have returned calls ive missed and the person says they didnt call me... anyone else have this happen to them? is my number being whored out by telemarketer bots?

cloudy

« Reply #2987 on: November 07, 2018, 10:13:03 AM »
i get random calls to my phone from people saying i keep calling them, which im not. and i have returned calls ive missed and the person says they didnt call me... anyone else have this happen to them? is my number being whored out by telemarketer bots?

it's called spoofing. now if only i could figure out how to spoof gip's slap account.

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/spoofing-and-caller-id

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2988 on: November 07, 2018, 10:21:26 AM »

feedmeseymour

« Reply #2989 on: November 07, 2018, 10:43:31 AM »
those mother fuckers. i knew something weird was going on, it comes in waves every few months. ive been spoofed.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2990 on: November 07, 2018, 02:35:04 PM »
does anyone still use these?
fuckin EVERYONE had them a few years ago, i havent seen one in forever

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #2991 on: November 07, 2018, 03:36:27 PM »
i put my crazy bones in them when i go to six flags hurricane harbor

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2992 on: November 07, 2018, 04:15:02 PM »

I dont know what any of that means

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #2993 on: November 07, 2018, 07:20:51 PM »
He hides joints in it at the water park.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #2994 on: November 08, 2018, 04:06:26 AM »

Gnars for life. I wonder where the hell my crazy bones are...

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:29:53 AM by feedmeseymour »

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2995 on: November 08, 2018, 06:16:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Gnars for life. I wonder where the hell my crazy bones are...

This sums up my pre skate life.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

affnun

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2996 on: November 08, 2018, 06:56:05 AM »
you can find it like me, whatever u want to buy you will find the good and cheap one through iprice

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2997 on: November 08, 2018, 07:11:39 AM »
It's so sick that Kyle Nicholson skated for Selfish.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #2998 on: November 08, 2018, 07:23:49 AM »
Is it normal to be stung in the throat by a bee, in november, in scotland and still feel a little bit sorry for the bee?
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1245
« Reply #2999 on: November 08, 2018, 04:37:07 PM »