Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 581903 times)

cigawets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #3060 on: December 05, 2018, 08:18:52 PM »
Well you gotta figure out the program, taxes, liscenses n shit. Im thinking nice tourist area not too south, get hipster proffesionals for like 1500 a head. Sounds nice

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3061 on: December 05, 2018, 09:22:01 PM »
Why is it that when someone commits suicide or some sort of execution, the past tense of “hang” is “hanged”, but if we are talking about putting up a picture frame on the wall, the past tense is “hung”?

What’s going on there?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #3062 on: December 06, 2018, 12:20:01 AM »
Why is it that when someone commits suicide or some sort of execution, the past tense of “hang” is “hanged”, but if we are talking about putting up a picture frame on the wall, the past tense is “hung”?

What’s going on there?

English is fucked

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #3063 on: December 06, 2018, 08:02:57 AM »
What's been the Thread of the Year? For me it's probably a tossup between "Rockin Ron's Bearings Back in Business", and that creepy threesome thread.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3064 on: December 06, 2018, 08:08:38 PM »
What's been the Thread of the Year? For me it's probably a tossup between "Rockin Ron's Bearings Back in Business", and that creepy threesome thread.
Yeah the threesome one was a bummer . I’ll have to check up on that Thread to see if that dude ever spoke to his gf again . The Manolos thread was great . On my commute  home I thought about how funny it is . Strobeck & T.J. gettin’ bent on ig and all the comments on this board . I thought it’s funny how the supreme shops have been known to give attitude and won’t let anyone they don’t know skate the bowl but when they get dissed it’s all hell breakin loose . I also wonder how they all have time to even care about ig posts . When I was 19 i was to busy hanging out and working to give shit about anything else. 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3065 on: December 07, 2018, 04:47:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah the threesome one was a bummer . I’ll have to check up on that Thread to see if that dude ever spoke to his gf again . The Manolos thread was great . On my commute  home I thought about how funny it is . Strobeck & T.J. gettin’ bent on ig and all the comments on this board . I thought it’s funny how the supreme shops have been known to give attitude and won’t let anyone they don’t know skate the bowl but when they get dissed it’s all hell breakin loose . I also wonder how they all have time to even care about ig posts . When I was 19 i was to busy hanging out and working to give shit about anything else.
  When do they Diss people in social media though?  It's always someone hating on them.  That nollie flip mannolo post was just fucking stupid.  I don't support fa or supreme but I'm not hating on the riders (I guess I hate the window puncher guy.)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3066 on: December 07, 2018, 04:49:19 AM »
Any slap posters ever fuck any of those Romanian gypsy women? (there around Europe)

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3067 on: December 07, 2018, 08:15:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
  When do they Diss people in social media though?  It's always someone hating on them.  That nollie flip mannolo post was just fucking stupid.  I don't support fa or supreme but I'm not hating on the riders (I guess I hate the window puncher guy.)

I’m not sure I follow any of the supreme dudes on if maybe Strobeck . I have no problem with supreme I remember when the opened and i went there all the time cause it was good skate shop . Oh so I mean to say I don’t keep up if they diss someone unless it gets posted here . That’s that only way I knew about the Manolos tape and I know a few people that got denied trying to skate the bowl in LA to which I was like it’s like to pretend you wouldn’t be judgemental as well . I have a curb spot I skate and believe you me I wish I could tell some people to kick rocks but I don’t own it . Yeah the post was dumb or just was board and was hoping for the arguments to ensue

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3068 on: December 07, 2018, 08:54:59 AM »
Any slap posters ever fuck any of those Romanian gypsy women? (there around Europe)
I do fux with the Fleetwood Mac song gypsy , the Cinderella gypsy road and LA guns electric gypsy

Pigeon

« Reply #3069 on: December 07, 2018, 09:12:48 AM »
Is that a centipede or hair? I was taking a shower while tripping and couldn’t tell.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3070 on: December 07, 2018, 09:16:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I do fux with the Fleetwood Mac song gypsy , the Cinderella gypsy road and LA guns electric gypsy
I actually used to rock "electric gypsy"

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3071 on: December 07, 2018, 11:16:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
don't forget Gypsy by Merciful Fate, Cry of the Gypsy by Dokken and The Gypsy by Deep Purple.

definitely gonna make a gypsy playlist now. rad

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #3072 on: December 07, 2018, 11:33:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
don't forget Gypsy by Merciful Fate, Cry of the Gypsy by Dokken and The Gypsy by Deep Purple.

What about Gipsy Kings?

And no. I don't want support some fat fuck in a track suit by banging "his property".

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3073 on: December 07, 2018, 11:55:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Yes !! Are you going to make it on Spotify ? If so please share it . Oh my buddy Juan tattoos the guitarist from dokken and I met him .

Yibb-Tstll

• Rep: 52
« Reply #3074 on: December 07, 2018, 01:29:43 PM »

One more classic to the list.

Remind of thematic compilations I've started based, the first one is based on album cover featuring"creatures doing wheelies on bikes"

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1376
« Reply #3075 on: December 07, 2018, 01:49:17 PM »

The original Jason Jessee thread that Gentle Jones started. It's actually been a crazy year on the forum.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3076 on: December 07, 2018, 05:16:02 PM »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3077 on: December 08, 2018, 01:32:32 AM »

One more classic to the list.

Remind of thematic compilations I've started based, the first one is based on album cover featuring"creatures doing wheelies on bikes"

Fuckin good call! oddly specific theme, i dig it

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #3078 on: December 08, 2018, 06:10:42 AM »
What the fuck is time?

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3079 on: December 08, 2018, 06:44:33 AM »
pretty much everything from ikea and apple is made in china but people gobble it up because of the branding. I wonder if they would like it as much if it were sold in a chinese-looking store. you could argue these companies design and vet the stuff so it’s different. the quality can be inconsistent yet I also had an iPhone 4 that lasted me about eight years and it would have kept going if I didn’t finally upgrade. there’s a lot of geopolitics involved in the “made in china” hostility and it flares up depending on the context.

boogs

« Reply #3080 on: December 08, 2018, 06:47:07 AM »
pretty much everything from ikea and apple is made in china but people gobble it up because of the branding. I wonder if they would like it as much if it were sold in a chinese-looking store. you could argue these companies design and vet the stuff so it’s different. the quality can be inconsistent yet I also had an iPhone 4 that lasted me about eight years and it would have kept going if I didn’t finally upgrade. there’s a lot of geopolitics involved in the “made in china” hostility and it flares up depending on the context.
苹果

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3081 on: December 08, 2018, 06:50:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
苹果

? I’ve studied kanji but I don’t know any chinese except for thank you, I love you and happy new year.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3082 on: December 08, 2018, 07:33:19 AM »

I think I get where you’re coming from but what’s a chinese looking store ? I’m mad Verizon got me out of contract but I think they did away with them . I’m keeping this iPhone 7 for as long as I can . I don’t want to pay off 1000$ phone

hangontoyourego

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3085 on: December 08, 2018, 08:49:44 AM »
Expand Quote
https://open.spotify.com/user/enjaybird/playlist/3rmk3J60LR8t2Qr9aiBn71?si=3ILZonBeQzK53rJBUV_R2A

Gypsy playlist
[/quote

Beat me to it! Good work sir, have a Gnar
[close]

Thanks blood ! You can always add to it if you find other songs & thanks to you guys for helping me add to the list

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3086 on: December 08, 2018, 09:28:03 AM »
What the fuck is time?

[Adopts Evan Smith persona]Time is like not even there man it’s like a thousand points of light all going at the speed of light but then you go faster than the speed of light and you look back and those points of light aren’t even there man because they DONT EXIST YET in your reality because you are actually making a parallel universe every time you make a decision and then each parallel universe where every decision you ever made is playing out AT THE SAME TIME.  In some realities it’s dinosaurs that are the ones that never died and now they developed laser guns and the dinosaurs are actually literally fighting each other RIGHT NOW with laser guns but don’t worry you won’t get hit by a stray laser beam because laser beams can’t cross dimensions and we just couldnt even see it yet because remember we are going faster than light.   And if you think about it, if you stepped on an ant, that ant might have made like a frog jump across the highway and eat that ant and you never know man... maybe it was Hitler driving that car that you made swerve to avoid hitting that frog on the highway and then crashed into like a tree and died and you just saved 6 million Jews from the horrors of the Holocaust because you stepped on that ant you know?  People never think about stuff like that but I do when I sleep in my tent in the middle of New York City for no reason just to think about what it would like to be homeless.[/Evan Smith persona]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 09:30:19 AM by SneakySecrets »

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3087 on: December 08, 2018, 06:51:51 PM »
What's the ratio of people who follow a sport simply because they love it, to people who follow a sport because they gamble on it?

Edit: I dated a girl who had gypsy ancestors. She told me the word "gyp" (as in, "This stock market tip is a gyp") is racist due to it stemming from "gypsy" and the stereotype that all gypsies con and steal.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 06:53:45 PM by Adam Abbas »

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3088 on: December 08, 2018, 06:56:34 PM »
What's the ratio of people who follow a sport simply because they love it, to people who follow a sport because they gamble on it?

Edit: I dated a girl who had gypsy ancestors. She told me the word "gyp" (as in, "This stock market tip is a gyp") is racist due to it stemming from "gypsy" and the stereotype that all gypsies con and steal.

Damn I never thought of where that term came from . Also I suppose every term I used as kid is racist now

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3089 on: December 08, 2018, 07:01:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn I never thought of where that term came from . Also I suppose every term I used as kid is racist now

We had no idea about the brevity of language. I used to say wicked in grade 7, but now I realize I was greedily co-opting British culture.