Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 581891 times)

HHH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #3420 on: April 15, 2019, 02:39:25 PM »
People who don't understand the loss of Notre Dame burning but will pay attention to which hairdresser kim kardashian goes.

Honestly these confidently ignorant people make me depressed.

GasTheHostage

• Rep: -23
« Reply #3421 on: April 16, 2019, 05:42:16 AM »
People who don't understand the loss of Notre Dame burning but will pay attention to which hairdresser kim kardashian goes.

Nobody cares when the Norte Dame Cathedral burns down but it's suddenly the end of the world when a guy sits with his legs slightly apart cuz he has a dick

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #3422 on: April 18, 2019, 06:46:25 AM »
If you think friendship is overrated, then you’re not actually talking about true friendship. Skate homies, Drinking buddies are overrated. Work buddies are overrated. People who call you to hang out, but won’t show up when you need someone to move a fridge are overrated. People who you don’t feel comfortable talking about your marital troubles or the anxiety you feel from aging are overrated.

A true friend is someone who you can trust and depend on. Someone who would go out of their way to help you and expect nothing in return.

Those true friends are very few and far between, but if you find one and nurture the relationship, it can be a pillar in your life. I’m lucky to have a wife/friend like this.

It has been over 10+ years since having a close homie I guess life just gets in the way, ah who needs them anyways...
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

GasTheHostage

« Reply #3423 on: April 18, 2019, 06:49:28 AM »
If you think friendship is overrated, then you’re not actually talking about true friendship. Skate homies, Drinking buddies are overrated. Work buddies are overrated. People who call you to hang out, but won’t show up when you need someone to move a fridge are overrated. People who you don’t feel comfortable talking about your marital troubles or the anxiety you feel from aging are overrated.

A true friend is someone who you can trust and depend on. Someone who would go out of their way to help you and expect nothing in return.

Those true friends are very few and far between, but if you find one and nurture the relationship, it can be a pillar in your life. I’m lucky to have a wife/friend like this.

It has been over 10+ years since having a close homie I guess life just gets in the way, ah who needs them anyways...
True wisdom from this man

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #3424 on: April 18, 2019, 07:45:36 AM »
Doing a Ronan Farrow-esque longform investigative journalism takedown piece on SkateAmerica.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3425 on: April 18, 2019, 12:17:25 PM »
i think im experiencing depression but don’t really know what depression is .. im having a moment where i just don’t feel self worthy and hate everything . im sure it will go away
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3426 on: April 18, 2019, 12:18:41 PM »
i think im experiencing depression but don’t really know what depression is .. im having a moment where i just don’t feel self worthy and hate everything . im sure it will go away

Haha welcome aboard you're gonna do great

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3427 on: April 18, 2019, 05:10:43 PM »
  Also what about friends who ask you to move fuckin fridges?

Over rated.  Not saying its bad tho.  I have friends for 30 years now and they re pains in the ass.  One and a half of them are worth it.  I have better friends here in europe ive known for a year.  Can be different for different personalities tho.  Im a loner with lots of friends (or 'friends' if ur feelin cynical)
 Also, what about friends who ask you to move frickin fridges? 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:20:39 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3428 on: April 19, 2019, 11:01:25 AM »

that’s just the social media youth . i saw a someone on social dis paris be all i don’t give a fuck about paris cause they shit on africa but he gave me some news to read about . then again it’s all hey look i’m smarter then you . ok bro you have some news apps so good for you .

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3429 on: April 19, 2019, 11:15:15 AM »
 Alot of girls ive been with have tended to get possesive and crazy so fast. Im doing somthing wrong possibly.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #3430 on: April 19, 2019, 11:25:28 AM »
dick 2 good

Expand Quote
[close]

Having at least low level impostor syndrome all the time is just part of pretending to be an adult too, right?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3431 on: April 19, 2019, 11:31:32 AM »
dick 2 good

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Having at least low level impostor syndrome all the time is just part of pretending to be an adult too, right?

You got me I don't pretend to do anything. People who "adult" can suck my whole dick. Dorks. Be or don't be.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #3432 on: April 20, 2019, 09:00:39 PM »
Having chronic knee aches from years of skateboarding... is it really that easy for me to just hit up my doctor, complain, and get dog drugs?

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3433 on: April 21, 2019, 07:44:52 AM »
Having chronic knee aches from years of skateboarding... is it really that easy for me to just hit up my doctor, complain, and get dog drugs?
my doc gives me 800 ibuprofen no problem which i need to re up . normies think i’m crazy for taking that much and that the ibuprofen will burn a hole in my stomach . i don’t think these people know what pain is from skating & manual  labor for 30 years . anyway hit me up & uouoo find out & what kind of goods are you looking for ?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #3434 on: April 21, 2019, 10:05:24 AM »
I’ve never snuck 800mg ibuprofen through my anus at border checkpoints so maybe something a little stronger.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3435 on: April 21, 2019, 05:24:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
my doc gives me 800 ibuprofen no problem which i need to re up . normies think i’m crazy for taking that much and that the ibuprofen will burn a hole in my stomach . i don’t think these people know what pain is from skating & manual  labor for 30 years . anyway hit me up & uouoo find out & what kind of goods are you looking for ?
Don't worry about your stomach, it's your liver that's fucked. I do it too though, and I'm a medical professional that knows better.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3436 on: April 21, 2019, 10:26:18 PM »
Has there ever been a mattress salesman that doesn’t appear to be some kind of sexual deviant?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #3437 on: April 21, 2019, 11:51:11 PM »
A random angry citizen has the ability to kick someone out of a spot and alter a potential historic trick in skateboarding. I don't think there's many other sports or groups that can have their history books be affected by some obscure individual.

Irvine-Sucks.com

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3438 on: April 22, 2019, 06:45:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Don't worry about your stomach, it's your liver that's fucked. I do it too though, and I'm a medical professional that knows better.
i don’t take em every day and i don’t drink alcohol should i still worry about my liver or just enjoy living pain free ? dr web md said i don’t need to worry & some
doc i went to for shoulder said i don’t have to worry either .

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3439 on: April 23, 2019, 10:05:09 AM »
YOU ARE SO DEAD!

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

GasTheHostage

« Reply #3440 on: April 23, 2019, 10:41:55 AM »
YOU ARE SO DEAD!
"and here on the right you will see the White Douche in its natural habitat"

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3441 on: April 23, 2019, 11:42:50 AM »
who remembers that one thread where that special data collector compared spot sizes: was like wallenberg, hollywood high and davis gap maybe .. im curious how the scottsdale civic set compares .. its not very tall but is so long it’s fucked

the footage doesn’t do the spot justice
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3442 on: April 23, 2019, 12:01:27 PM »
who remembers that one thread where that special data collector compared spot sizes: was like wallenberg, hollywood high and davis gap maybe .. im curious how the scottsdale civic set compares .. its not very tall but is so long it’s fucked

He was definitely a special data collector

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3443 on: April 25, 2019, 05:51:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He was definitely a special data collector

jenkem did a pretty good job of it
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2017/05/19/lets-measure-legendary-spots/
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2017/07/27/charted-skateboardings-iconic-spots/

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 493
« Reply #3444 on: April 25, 2019, 06:18:29 AM »

looks so wide. and here so even wider.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #3445 on: April 26, 2019, 01:34:01 PM »
Are neck pillows worth it

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3446 on: April 26, 2019, 10:02:50 PM »
Electronic drumsets seem a bit more affordable now than they were a few years back. Drums were the only instrument I truly enjoyed despite only having a set available to me for half a year, but within that short time span I managed to learn a handful of songs which I failed to do when I attempted learning the guitar. I'm tempted to finally buy myself a set and get back into it.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3447 on: April 27, 2019, 08:22:48 AM »
Electronic drumsets seem a bit more affordable now than they were a few years back. Drums were the only instrument I truly enjoyed despite only having a set available to me for half a year, but within that short time span I managed to learn a handful of songs which I failed to do when I attempted learning the guitar. I'm tempted to finally buy myself a set and get back into it.
dew it !! i bought an electronic kit off some
kid years ago and they sounded really good . the thing was is when i played them through garage band the snare was the bass drum & the high hat was the floor tom and i couldn’t figure out how to reprogram the kit . 

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #3448 on: April 28, 2019, 08:24:52 AM »
It’s hilariously dumb how emotionally invested I am in skateboarding.  Like a few weeks ago I got a clip I really liked on my birthday (3 trick line, and one of those lines where you last minute deviate from the plan, go for glory and throw a harder trick instead and land it), and my mood can float off that for like 2 weeks.

Yesterday I’m skating knowing full well this spot doesn’t usually work out for long and that I’m probably due for an L anyway. No surprise I didn’t get my trick the way I wanted but still let it put me in a bad mood for the day  ::)

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #3449 on: April 28, 2019, 08:25:12 AM »
Has there ever been a mattress salesman that doesn’t appear to be some kind of sexual deviant?

Lmao. No.