Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 582007 times)

Reese

Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #3630 on: July 21, 2019, 03:56:12 AM »
Expand Quote
free will - i didn’t choose to be born
[close]
Free will is an illusion. If you accept the principle of causality then by definition everything that has happened or will ever happen is deterministic. I.e., if we were somehow able to account for and recreate all events in the creation of everything, then all things should proceed to unfurl the exact same way that it is now. The thing about it is there are so many variables and interactions of things over the course of billions of years we, as a small piece of existence, could never hope to unravel the complexity of all events that have happened or will ever happen. Therefore it doesn't matter that free will doesn't really exist. The complexity of all of creation makes seem as if it does.

I lost my lunchbox in 5th grade and they never bought me another one

Still kind of bummed

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3631 on: July 21, 2019, 10:04:28 AM »
Expand Quote
free will - i didn’t choose to be born
[close]
Free will is an illusion. If you accept the principle of causality then by definition everything that has happened or will ever happen is deterministic. I.e., if we were somehow able to account for and recreate all events in the creation of everything, then all things should proceed to unfurl the exact same way that it is now. The thing about it is there are so many variables and interactions of things over the course of billions of years we, as a small piece of existence, could never hope to unravel the complexity of all events that have happened or will ever happen. Therefore it doesn't matter that free will doesn't really exist. The complexity of all of creation makes seem as if it does.
  So if your a brain box free will no longer exists because of mental gynastics but to normal dumb people choice is still obviously a thing, hence the saying "the more you know the less you know".
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 10:06:14 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #3632 on: July 21, 2019, 01:35:54 PM »
You don't get to choose the purpose. The purpose is the activity, the purpose of life is living it. Like making music, the purpose is the activity of playing. Fulfilled, you aren't expected to do anything extra and so the option of a choice isn't required. The free-will is now, this part. The meaning is up to you.

You have control to create life, your free will spawns a new human with free will. However we do not control the abstract thing that is "living" we are bound into it, the decisions that were made that created you were not yours to make. You didn't exist.

You are a part of a system, you are a piston meant for firing in an engine that needs every single part. If you leave the engine and try and look at it from an abstract view your absence stops combustion and it no longer becomes an engine. You must exist as a part of it, if you didn't it wouldn't be.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #3633 on: July 21, 2019, 02:04:16 PM »
Should I put a few bee hives in around my garden

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3634 on: July 21, 2019, 06:52:16 PM »
My gf is so bad at giving directions when I’m driving, she’s gotta be fucking with me. It can’t be that hard to give a pre heads up to a turn instead of passing it and saying you missed the turn.

I keep thinking about this since I read it, it relates and I asked my gf about it.  she thinks it's funny but won't give me a straight answer

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #3635 on: July 21, 2019, 07:46:20 PM »
Will dwyck change his avatar as a sign of solidarity, now that Adam and Dasha broke up?

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #3636 on: July 25, 2019, 02:50:16 PM »
why is it called "dick pic" when it's so much funnier and a little more satisfying to say "prick pic"?
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

Brguy

« Reply #3637 on: July 26, 2019, 02:24:59 AM »
I really dislike Nyjah, but I have to say that I think his Send Saturdays YouTube videos are super entertaining. Which makes me think that if I can find that format enjoyable with people that really annoy me like D Loy, Sinner and other dudes, I really think it would be rad if other skaters I actually like put out some sort of vlog type videos documenting their days skating.
I don't know, Nyjah is a millionare, so there's stuff to do. Most skaters would probably just smoke weed half the day and skate the rest.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #3638 on: July 26, 2019, 08:11:59 AM »
why is it called "dick pic" when it's so much funnier and a little more satisfying to say "prick pic"?

"Prick" isn't widely used in America, and as much as I can tell, it's usually used to describe a gay person.

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #3639 on: July 26, 2019, 10:03:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"Prick" isn't widely used in America, and as much as I can tell, it's usually used to describe a gay person.

Really?!?!  Damn, I gotta check myself.  I live in Arizona and frequently say "prick" for my dick.  Even get a little shock laugh when i replace bust a nut with "cream out my prick".  10/10 would recommend but now I gotta do some research to make sure I'm not some kinda gay basher.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3640 on: July 26, 2019, 12:10:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Really?!?!  Damn, I gotta check myself.  I live in Arizona and frequently say "prick" for my dick.  Even get a little shock laugh when i replace bust a nut with "cream out my prick".  10/10 would recommend but now I gotta do some research to make sure I'm not some kinda gay basher.

Wait, I think I'm wrong. Just looked it up and prick has nothing to do with gay people. Maybe I'm confused with twink. I still think it's more of a British word. I'd say run with it.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3641 on: July 29, 2019, 01:30:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Wait, I think I'm wrong. Just looked it up and prick has nothing to do with gay people. Maybe I'm confused with twink. I still think it's more of a British word. I'd say run with it.

prick is definitely more of a UK word, but its odd, I dont hear it often in reference to an actual dick, weve got loads of words for that. Prick is more like an insult-- that guy is a right prick

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #3642 on: July 29, 2019, 10:21:07 AM »
I don't get the goal of anarchists. So you remove the police and government, take away the army too?

What happens when Russia or China fly over and start dropping troops?
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #3643 on: July 29, 2019, 10:55:53 AM »
Will dwyck change his avatar as a sign of solidarity, now that Adam and Dasha broke up?

I'm still torn about it
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 808
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #3644 on: July 29, 2019, 09:01:07 PM »
Does 5inchdick still post? I miss them.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3645 on: July 29, 2019, 09:17:17 PM »
no , why don’t you just plant pollinator plants . go to your local nursery and find plants that attract bees . they will be around shortly

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3646 on: July 29, 2019, 09:31:07 PM »
I don't get the goal of anarchists. So you remove the police and government, take away the army too?

What happens when Russia or China fly over and start dropping troops?
Anarchists are definitely not thinking about that .They are just thinking about themselves . When I was 1st getting into punk & hardcore I thought anarchy was cool till i told my old man and he said something to the effect that i was a moron for thinking that would be a good idea . They just don’t want to obey the rules but then one one else would have to either . I have never heard anarchists solitons to their problems . What are their problems , having to work and pay taxes and ride a skateboard from the 80’s ?

Nollie FS 180

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3647 on: July 29, 2019, 10:18:59 PM »
I think we already live in a world of anarchy. I hate those dudes who use the A symbol like fuck off we get it edge lord.

Anyways, was looking in the mirror today and thought I’m not to bad looking, or is that just me?
“Fuck you Amy, I love you” ~ Rick Kane

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 808
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #3648 on: July 30, 2019, 07:26:49 AM »

Should I skate this or hold onto it as a wall hanger. I feel like I'll regret skating this one.
Definitely a wall hanger!!
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Bagelskate

« Reply #3649 on: July 31, 2019, 03:51:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
no , why don’t you just plant pollinator plants . go to your local nursery and find plants that attract bees . they will be around shortly

I do get some bees whenever the veggies flower. I was thinking of using the active bee hives to scare away the deer in the area. I do have a fence with some deer deterrents but I heard they won’t even come close to a garden if they hear bees actively around it. Also fresh ass honey sounds great.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3650 on: July 31, 2019, 06:46:14 AM »
so in early july i was in a little fender bender . The driver got out and instantly was claiming damage . we were stuck in traffic so there was no damage , no marks could be seen . He was clearly just trying to scare me as though i should be worried . He threatened to call the police i was all go ahead this ain’t a big deal . anyway so when i finally heard from the insurance co i had no issue with it being my fault but i told them i thought he was being false about the damage & sent then insurance co the pics i had . They still claim damage so on sunday i emailed his co. again saying i would like to know the cost of the damage and that i thinks he’s filing a fraudulent claim and they responded yesterday saying the driver had declined any further action and the claim is closed . So if i hadn’t pressed the issue we he have gotten away with a false claim ?

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3651 on: July 31, 2019, 07:46:33 AM »
i dont understand why spitfire makes classics anymore, why dont they only make f4? theres no way the sales of classics are good compared to formula 4's.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3652 on: July 31, 2019, 01:30:29 PM »
starting a weed habit
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #3653 on: August 03, 2019, 03:42:25 PM »
Has skateboarding’s popularity influenced modern architecture design?

Bagelskate

« Reply #3654 on: August 03, 2019, 04:00:01 PM »
Has skateboarding’s popularity influenced modern architecture design?

It seems like it’s a discussion when they plan new buildings and such or they try to fix it later when their place starts getting skated

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3655 on: August 03, 2019, 07:06:57 PM »
People from India should be better at golf. They are not living up to my presumptuous standards.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3656 on: August 04, 2019, 09:00:19 AM »
Can someone smarter than me explain why one country will sometimes refer to another country using a different name than the people of that country use?

For example, here in the US, we call Germany Germany but Germans call Germany Deutschland.

Same thing with Japan/Nippon.

I can understand translating stuff like “The People’s Republic of _____”.  But when it’s just a single proper noun, why not just go with the name they use?  It’s their fucking country, shouldn’t they get to pick the name? 

That’s like saying “I know you call yourself Bill, but I’m going to go ahead and call you Susan, mm’kay?”

Is it some sort of subtle “fuck you” to the other country?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #3657 on: August 04, 2019, 09:24:10 AM »
Why bother with actual friends? I mean I get utilitarian relationships we both get something out of it knowledge and sharing the experience.

Actual friends though I tried and it always ends in one of two ways. one they were using me for whatever means they could or two spineless ghosting someone, and yes I have been to a few parks and other places where I could share my knowledge and it usually comes up with nada, frankly I'd rather accept the fact people are scummy and those I do make a connection with I try but like I said they end up disappointing me through flaking out  or just ghosting someone like a spineless turd.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #3658 on: August 04, 2019, 10:13:56 AM »
Can someone smarter than me explain why one country will sometimes refer to another country using a different name than the people of that country use?

For example, here in the US, we call Germany Germany but Germans call Germany Deutschland.

Same thing with Japan/Nippon.

I can understand translating stuff like “The People’s Republic of _____”.  But when it’s just a single proper noun, why not just go with the name they use?  It’s their fucking country, shouldn’t they get to pick the name? 

That’s like saying “I know you call yourself Bill, but I’m going to go ahead and call you Susan, mm’kay?”

Is it some sort of subtle “fuck you” to the other country?

Probably not smarter than you, but here's half of an answer.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Deutschland-called-Germany-in-English-What-do-Germans-call-themselves
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3659 on: August 04, 2019, 11:38:57 AM »
Why bother with actual friends? I mean I get utilitarian relationships we both get something out of it knowledge and sharing the experience.

Actual friends though I tried and it always ends in one of two ways. one they were using me for whatever means they could or two spineless ghosting someone, and yes I have been to a few parks and other places where I could share my knowledge and it usually comes up with nada, frankly I'd rather accept the fact people are scummy and those I do make a connection with I try but like I said they end up disappointing me through flaking out  or just ghosting someone like a spineless turd.

Sounds like somebody’s never listened to Li’l Markie.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.