Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 225025 times)

waltercronkite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1590 on: May 15, 2013, 10:14:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
suspend someone for throwing a water bottle on the ice? what an idiot idea
[close]

yes, its called delay of game. its a classless move.
[close]

delay of game is not a suspension, its a 2 minute penalty. In game 7 overtime, anything goes so stop being a baby
[close]
I am aware its a penalty, not a suspension. thank you for reminding me.

wow marchand has done much worse that was literally nothing pussy

marchand plays the game with a lot of emotion doesnt always keep a cool head but besides from the shit talking and scrums he isnt a dirty player

in other news that was one of the best games i have ever seen who would have thought you could count on good old 37 to get it done for you fucking love that guy

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1591 on: May 16, 2013, 04:50:14 AM »

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1592 on: May 16, 2013, 09:41:03 AM »
Bruins / Rangers game 1 and Sharks / Kings game 2 tonight - excited for these match ups!

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #1593 on: May 16, 2013, 10:52:09 AM »
this round is such a toss up. i got money on bruins, hawks, sharks and pens but I have no idea how any of it's going to play out aside from the Hawks probably continuing to dominate and the Sharks probably choking yet again. who knows, though.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1594 on: May 16, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »
Expand Quote
^ Such a scum bag. That was just about the saddest I have ever been about a loss.
[close]

Oh man, I'm bummed on that loss too. Fuck, they just stopped skating in that last ten minutes and then Boston got all the momentum after the Horton goal.

I just hope there's not a ton of pressure on the team now. If the roster doesn't really change the leafs are going to be all the better next season, they're all really young so they'll just grow from this experiance. Plus Carlyle has done an excellent job with them in just one season.
I went to Maple Leafs Square to watch game 7 and boy that crowd fell silent so fast after the 4th Boston goal. Even if they lost, I'm still proud of them that they even made the playoffs, and came back from a 3-1 series deficit to force a game 7 on a team that has dominated them in the regular season for the past couple of seasons. Nonis will definitely address the issues in the summer, but the future sure looks bright in Toronto.

NergTurtleson

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1595 on: May 16, 2013, 05:27:29 PM »
Does anyone know of a live stream to watch the Bruins-Rangers game? The hotel I'm at doesn't get the channel.

raunchyrick

« Reply #1596 on: May 16, 2013, 05:32:54 PM »
Does anyone know of a live stream to watch the Bruins-Rangers game? The hotel I'm at doesn't get the channel.

http://livetv.ru/en/allupcomingsports/2/

NergTurtleson

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1597 on: May 16, 2013, 05:37:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck yeah dude. Thank you very much. If your ever in NH I'll buy you some lobster or jerky or whatever.

thugnificent

« Reply #1598 on: May 16, 2013, 06:15:42 PM »
raffi torres being suspended is ridiculous, how can you suspend someone for a series and not a set number of games?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1599 on: May 16, 2013, 06:51:32 PM »
Expand Quote
i dunno if its known or even true but i met a guy who works for the canucks front office and he told me that it was a mental health issue with schneider, bummer if so
[close]

There were lots of rumours going around. One was that he had a DUI and was being punished by the team. Fuck I don't even care it wouldnt have mattered because the Canucks couldn't score.

I hope the Sharks get swept, I hate that rabbit face Couture so much

At least there wont be a boring team in the East finals this year. Unless its a Rangers Kings cup final. Wow would that suck.

It came out in January that he had anxiety problems.....I assumed it was the same deal.....not the reason why we lost...but it could be shitty in years to come.....

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1600 on: May 17, 2013, 12:55:13 AM »
raffi torres being suspended is ridiculous, how can you suspend someone for a series and not a set number of games?

Totally agree. Shanny just gets flack for not suspending "star" players so he hands out overly harsh games to undeserving hits/players. Bullshit.

raunchyrick

« Reply #1601 on: May 17, 2013, 10:01:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Fuck yeah dude. Thank you very much. If your ever in NH I'll buy you some lobster or jerky or whatever.

haha! i'll keep that in mind if I'm ever out there! If you turn javascript off in your browser after you get the video going and ads closed it will stop those ads from popping up in the video that you have to keep x'ing out

Nick..

« Reply #1602 on: May 17, 2013, 07:44:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Totally agree. Shanny just gets flack for not suspending "star" players so he hands out overly harsh games to undeserving hits/players. Bullshit.

Shanny is only basing his suspension off of Torres' history unfortunately. If that was any other Shark, it'd be maybe a one game suspension since Stoll left the game and is injured. It was a clean hit that Torres was already committed to, Shanny blew it again.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1603 on: May 17, 2013, 10:17:32 PM »
Crosby had a hattrick before the 3rd period tonight vs the best goalie in the NHL..

He's an absolute machine, if Pitt had a good goalie they would be unstoppable

zoltan

« Reply #1604 on: May 17, 2013, 10:22:49 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=29208.msg1914937#msg1914937 date=1368854252
Crosby had a hattrick before the 3rd period tonight vs the best goalie in the NHL..

You think Anderson is the best goalie in the NHL?

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1605 on: May 17, 2013, 10:42:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nah Quick is the best goalie, but we'll never know because East didn't play West one time in this shitty season.

top 5

Quick
Lundquist
Anderson
Markstrom
Rinne

zoltan

« Reply #1606 on: May 17, 2013, 10:45:54 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=29208.msg1914958#msg1914958 date=1368855756
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Nah Quick is the best goalie, but we'll never know because East didn't play West one time in this shitty season.

top 5

Quick
Lundquist
Anderson
Markstrom
Rinne

true. quick had a pretty bad regular season but is getting back to his full potential in the playoffs. what about Fasth? he was one of the best goalies in the regular season

thugnificent

« Reply #1607 on: May 18, 2013, 08:17:09 AM »
how could you possibly think markstrom is one of the 5 best goalies? hes not even in the top 20

Nick..

« Reply #1608 on: May 18, 2013, 09:07:04 AM »
Reimer definitely isn't in the top 5 but he's pretty fucking good. I'd put Ryan Miller in the top 5, he was one of the reasons next to Vanek that Buffalo didn't do even worse.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #1609 on: May 18, 2013, 12:07:50 PM »
This year it was all Bobrovsky.  The to-be Veznia winner. 

Everyone is forgetting Niemi too.

Also I really just hate lundvist.  I hate the way he comes off in interviews and acts like a baby when anything happens to him on the ice.  Not to mention the damn hat with the number 30 in a crown every interview.  Give me a break.  Hes a cocky douche, I cant be the only one who feels this way.  And it may seem biased being that Im a devils fan and all, but i respect a bunch of Rangers players despite not liking the team.

Tracer

« Reply #1610 on: May 18, 2013, 12:17:20 PM »
how could you possibly think markstrom is one of the 5 best goalies? hes not even in the top 20
Advanced stats show he's one of the best
He's big and fast
He plays on the worst team in the NHL

thugnificent

« Reply #1611 on: May 18, 2013, 01:21:55 PM »
it doesnt matter hoow bad the panthers are, you can't be considered a top 5 goalie when you only got 8 wins this season. every team in their division sucks too, so that's not an excuse

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #1612 on: May 18, 2013, 08:49:07 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=29208.msg1915300#msg1915300 date=1368904640
Expand Quote
[close]
Advanced stats show he's one of the best
He's big and fast
He plays on the worst team in the NHL

Advanced stats?   What matters aside from Wins, GAA, and save percentage?

Tracer

« Reply #1613 on: May 18, 2013, 10:37:44 PM »
it doesnt matter hoow bad the panthers are, you can't be considered a top 5 goalie when you only got 8 wins this season. every team in their division sucks too, so that's not an excuse
Its better for a young up and coming goalie to play on a bad team and face adversity. He makes Clemmenson look like a scrub

The few panthers games I watched this season Markstrom was excellent, I believe he's the future even if his W/L record doesn't blow you away. I could have included Bobrovsky but Colombus really changed into a defensive team this season. It was only a 50 game season anyways, none of this shit matters

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #1614 on: May 20, 2013, 06:52:34 AM »
Good to see your warped logic applied to hockey....

Tracer

« Reply #1615 on: May 20, 2013, 02:31:59 PM »
Warped logic? I guess it's better for an up and coming goalie to face 15 shots a game like JQuick does??

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #1616 on: May 20, 2013, 08:02:46 PM »
There were a lot of bullshit calls in the Hawks-Wings game.  I don't know if the Hawks would have won otherwise, but those didn't help.

Tracer

« Reply #1617 on: May 20, 2013, 08:09:22 PM »
There were a lot of bullshit calls in the Hawks-Wings game.  I don't know if the Hawks would have won otherwise, but those didn't help.
Detroit at home is the birthplace of homer calls. It was pretty bad but you gotta score more than 1 goal to win on the road. Hawks looked deflated all game, the whole series is in jeopardy now.

Detroit is just the best franchise in the NHL, you can never count the out. Playoffs every season, talent every season. That octopus thing is pretty cool 2

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #1618 on: May 20, 2013, 08:45:57 PM »
I agree.  The Hawks were deflated for at least the second half, but it should have been 2-3.  There was no interference on that second goal.  Like, it sucks they lost, but I'm more pissed for the lack of penalties called against the Red Wings and that goal taken away than anything else.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1619 on: May 20, 2013, 10:08:18 PM »
Top 5 goalies in no particular order

Lundqvist
Niemi
Quick
Price
Rinne

Only one I'm unsure on is Price. I'd probably switch Anderson in there instead, he has been really impressive.
Bobrovsky had a beast second half, but hes not top 5 in the league. There was a time when Miller and Luongo would be on this list.

Lehtonen is very underrated