Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 225023 times)

Mooley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2009, 03:51:46 PM »
Byfuglien has been killing it all throughout, I'm backing that dude.

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2009, 03:56:08 PM »
not to mention that he's got one of the sickest names in the nhl.
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2009, 06:31:11 PM »
yeah..while watching the game the only fun we had was shitty byfuglien references....'you're byfugly'....'byfugerry'....'byfuglife...'

frisco

« Reply #213 on: May 10, 2009, 06:56:38 PM »
byfaglian sucks so much cock, i respect how he came up and got his way into the league, but playing agaisnt him, seriously fuck that

You guys are not winning these games, we are losing them.

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2009, 07:04:14 PM »
Dustin Byfuglien (BUFF-lin)

wtf?

frisco

« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2009, 08:00:32 PM »
I've been waiting for soooo long for Caps to get this far.... fingers crossed

If *knock on wood*, the canucks get eliminated, caps are my team, even if they are down

I fucking hate all the other teams except boston, and somewhat detroit because if they win I win 250$ thanks to Franzen

dtrigiani

• Rep: 26
  • captain
« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2009, 08:08:53 PM »
of all of the teams that made the playoffs, i dont think i could be more uninterested in any match up than i am with boston and carolina.

pens/caps, on the other hand, is pretty crazy. I like both teams, and it's been an awesome series so far. I think pittsburgh is marginally better, but it would be crazy to see washington do well just because of how quickly that team was turned around. from the west, i've always liked detroit, but they dont seem to be quite as much of a sure thing as they were in years past. I've always been quite good at predicting winners in hockey, but I'm finding it real hard to make predictions this year, possibly because I didn't watch nearly as much hockey this year as I did before.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #217 on: May 11, 2009, 09:02:36 PM »
Patrick Kane, take a bow son. What a pair of games tonight. Caps - Pens was as awesome as always, and then to have such a back and forth offensive display with the Canucks and Hawks, great stuff.
Now I just have to pray it's not down to Carolina - Detroit for the cup. If the Hawks and Caps made it I think that would be pretty much the perfect series.

frisco

« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2009, 01:25:26 AM »
Drank my sorrows away, we just couldnt hack it, I love my fucking team, but that was absolutely heart breaking tonight, coming back down from 3-1 to be up 5-4 only to allow that 5'4 12 yr old american prick to score a hat trick

Theres always next year

In the meantime

Go Caps.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:27:50 AM by frisco »

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2009, 08:15:11 AM »
Re: Ovechkin

Home Skillet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2009, 08:23:13 AM »
In the meantime

Go Caps.
DC GO HARD!

beeda weeda

« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2009, 09:19:55 AM »
I don't really care who wins, all the games have been so godo to watch. I'd like to see a pens-hawks final.

MOSAIC!

• Rep: 11
« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2009, 02:58:12 PM »
Seriously the Caps are the best team to watch so much talent, I'm nervous as fuck for game 7 though. I think to win they have to
Play hard for 60 minutes which they havent done in the series yet and to get some secondary scoring they need someone else to step up (Semin where are you??) Yesterday was the best game they played yet though

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2009, 03:04:45 PM »
It'll probably come down to Varlamov. If he lets in the kind of goals he did in game 5 he'll be making things much more difficult, and he's up against a goalie who's actually been in these situations before; I wouldn't count on Fleury to choke. Sure to be interesting.

MOSAIC!

« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2009, 12:00:25 PM »
It'll probably come down to Varlamov. If he lets in the kind of goals he did in game 5 he'll be making things much more difficult, and he's up against a goalie who's actually been in these situations before; I wouldn't count on Fleury to choke. Sure to be interesting.
MAF to me has seemed shaky, Varlamov is the only reason were in the playoffs right now I'll accept his one or two week ones if hes stopping 40 other shots a night

beardface

« Reply #225 on: May 13, 2009, 03:31:48 PM »
byfaglian sucks so much cock, i respect how he came up and got his way into the league, but playing agaisnt him, seriously fuck that

You guys are not winning these games, we are losing them.
bytoughlien is raw as fuck. he's ODB on ice skates. your team has those two swedish chicks that insist on playing with each other only. and they're gingers.
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

frisco

« Reply #226 on: May 13, 2009, 05:23:48 PM »
what a fucking breakdown, 5-0 in the second period, the Capitals are fucking done

I have no one to cheer for in the playoffs now, maybe detroit because I hate Anaheim and Chicago so much

MOSAIC!

« Reply #227 on: May 13, 2009, 05:28:25 PM »
im so bummed right now i watched them play 70 games this year and saw how good they can be and then to see them play like this is so frustrating fuck

dtrigiani

• Rep: 26
  • captain
« Reply #228 on: May 13, 2009, 06:25:29 PM »
I would have been happy either way, but I was leaning a little more towards Pittsburgh. They're definitely the better team, and I'd want them to go through because their odds of making it through the next series are far better, although I don't expect them to get past the conference finals. From what's left, I only like Pittsburgh and Detroit, and I doubt either team will end up taking it, if they even get to the cup finals.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: May 13, 2009, 06:49:09 PM »
Hoping Boston goes through, Carolina's been pretty much blacklisted for me since their person fans booed the Canadian anthem when they played Edmonton. I'm pretty much neutral at this point, but Crosby has been winning me over and if Malkin gives me a reason to like him I'll be backing Pittsburgh pretty hard.

beardface

« Reply #230 on: May 13, 2009, 08:50:13 PM »
i just can't bring myself to give a shit about the eastern conference. especially with washington out of the picture.

frisco

« Reply #231 on: May 13, 2009, 09:04:23 PM »
The Caps Pens series was one of the best matchups of all time, superstars, 3 OT games, 4 games decided by a goal

Fuck it was unreal, sucks caps lost

dunkin

• Rep: 14
  • pma
« Reply #232 on: May 13, 2009, 09:09:01 PM »
ive been to two hurricane games in my life (saw gretzky when he was with new york, got his autograph, shits framed now) and ive been a huge fan since they moved from hartford,  but both games i went to the fucking redneck nascar fans, that are so prevalent in that area, were unbelievably obnoxious and regular i got mad second hand embarrassment, after that i vowed to only go to games at other stadiums, so i completely understand the hate.... that being said im hyped for the game tomorrow but i doubt carolina will win, passed two games they've played super sluggish

Hobo.Joe

« Reply #233 on: May 13, 2009, 09:24:27 PM »
^^Boston will win and i'm really hoping lucic fucks up cole for sucker punching ward during game 5, shit was weak

dunkin

• pma
« Reply #234 on: May 13, 2009, 09:35:27 PM »
^^Boston will win and i'm really hoping lucic fucks up cole for sucker punching ward during game 5, shit was weak
scott walker sucker punched ward not cole, coles not much of a fighter, that shit was craze though ward played for the canes couple seasons back, i think he and walker played together

Hobo.Joe

« Reply #235 on: May 13, 2009, 10:49:28 PM »
damn yeah thats right, it wasnt cole i dont know why i wrote that. that shit really pissed me off though hah. this last games going to be crazy

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2009, 11:32:17 PM »
Hoping Boston goes through, Carolina's been pretty much blacklisted for me since their person fans booed the Canadian anthem when they played Edmonton. I'm pretty much neutral at this point, but Crosby has been winning me over and if Malkin gives me a reason to like him I'll be backing Pittsburgh pretty hard.

Rest assured, the ultra-classy massholes have booed the canadian national anthem many a time.

Hawks v. Bruins for the final, Hawks win.  Or that's how i'd like to see it.

frisco

« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2009, 12:59:05 AM »

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2009, 01:20:54 AM »
I'm really curious what Ovechkin was saying to Gonchar when they had their little 20 second discussion during the handshakes.

frisco

« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2009, 01:23:42 AM »
I'm really curious what Ovechkin was saying to Gonchar when they had their little 20 second discussion during the handshakes.

looked like he was explaining that hit, with the amount of slo mo replays ive seen it didnt look intentional, you can clearly see gonchar jump out of the way and get nailed by ovechkins knee