Author Topic: mtubbs.com  (Read 769 times)

onesickrace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
mtubbs.com
« on: August 10, 2007, 02:54:26 PM »
Early on the morning of August 5th, 2007 my son - Michael Tubbs - was skating “bomber runs” in a parking garage on the ASU campus with 3 friends.

At the end of the first run his buddies realized that Michael wasn't down yet. They went back up and found him leaning against a wall, bleeding from the back of his head and slipping out of consciousness.

Less than an hour later Michael was at the Barrows Neurological Center in Phoenix having emergency surgery to alleviate the swelling on the right side of his brain by removing a large portion of his skull. When he arrived he had no heartbeat and minimal brain activity.

The awesome news is that he is alive - and we truly believe that he will skate again. This was written on Thursday, August 9th. Michael is still on a ventilator to assist his breathing but he has made what the doctors had described as remarkable progress. He actually is trying to sit up on his elbow and he absolutely knows that we are here.

Skating is one of his great passions in life. Over the last ten years the skating community has been as much his family as his mother, sister and I have.

This site and fund have been set up so that if anyone would like to email a greeting or word of encouragement, or donate to his rehabilitation fund they can. Know that if any monies collected exceed his need that the balance will be donated to the Barrow Neurological Hospital.

We have heard from many of you already and thank you seems inadequate to say the least but THANK YOU!

Sincerely, Michael's Dad - Mike Tubbs

also updates on skateaz.com   he has insurance but still, insurance co-pays add up...espically when you have to be life flighted to the hospital...  tubbs is an amazing person and from a young age, i knew he had skateboarding in his blood.  ive had the good fortune to travel along with him up and down the west coast several times to live in oregon and at that, been able to share some of the most amazing times of mylife with.  this kid is solid gold.  any help is more than appreciated.  thank you.  lee bender

Bruce Wayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
Re: mtubbs.com
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 03:07:09 PM »
sorry to hear about this...
sometimes the "things" and "friends" you enjoy the most, will hurt you the most, and play an ultimate factor in how you leave this earth.
-sheffledge
half of you probably cant even tre.

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 03:55:16 PM »
bummer, man.  I feel for you and him.

jrock

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 04:27:13 PM »
whats with all the people getting seriously fucked up skating lately?  insurance companies can be cunts.  just because you're covered doesnt mean you still won't have a lot of bills.  i hope the guy ends up ok...

Joshewuhh

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 05:26:23 PM »
Good luck man, wish you the best.

Justin, i could'nt agree more.
Insurance in general is a big scam in my opinion.

daboss

• Rep: -56
  • ollies r teh fun
    • olliemag avatar image
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 06:58:28 PM »
good luck!