Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988039 times)

handsclapanin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4890 on: June 15, 2020, 09:34:47 PM »
Expand Quote
A couple back up $lave pigs. I love this shape.
The one I'm riding might have some busted nanotubes.

[close]

Newbie here. I've been checking out that shape, why do you like it so much? What's the concave like?
Thanks  :)

Short answer: it's fun.
Super functional too though. I can do pretty much all the same tricks as on my 8.3 popsicle.
$lave boards are bareback wood. So concave is like any other bareback deck, perfectly medium.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4891 on: June 16, 2020, 01:15:30 PM »

I dont know about the kicks on this but the dimensions sounded good on paper.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4892 on: June 16, 2020, 01:16:29 PM »

that nose looks lovely. and the box..  how u liking the carrols

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4893 on: June 16, 2020, 01:34:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
that nose looks lovely. and the box..  how u liking the carrols
Thanks man! I'm loving the Carrolls, and for some reason I threw Mob on this deck, so they will get tested better next week when I set this up.

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #4894 on: June 16, 2020, 02:19:11 PM »
I just got two pairs of Nikes SB Bruins (white w/ red swoosh, and the other is black suede), both for $65 off of eBay. And also ordered an Elenex Ghostface/Raekwon deck to try (saw Elenex listed on a black companies to support post on Insta, decided to give a deck a go). I can't wait for the deck to come in to see what it's like. $45 including grip, plus shipping.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4895 on: June 16, 2020, 07:47:45 PM »

It's rare I get stoked about shoes like I'm a little kid who gets kicks like once a year again but this shoe is nice as hell.

Sizing is slightly tighter than the pair I just skated. The toe box these are not as round. My foot locks right in so I'm lit.

Insoles are fucking garbage again. Can't polish a turd. Pretty graphic I guess
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #4896 on: June 17, 2020, 08:44:06 AM »
Kalis S were 43 bucks and the Figgys were 30, and couldn't resist and got the Carrolls the day they came out.  Should be set for like a year with the Kalis and Carrolls, and Im rocking the Figgys as civilian/chiller shoes. You can also see my current pair of Kalis S (love these 4real). I posted this in another thread but Im just too excited with the shoes.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #4897 on: June 17, 2020, 12:49:22 PM »

looks dope. I was so disapointed when I saw this graphic wouldnt come in 8.5"

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4898 on: June 17, 2020, 04:14:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Thanks man. I think they had it in 8.38, I went with the 8.1 with hopes of longer summer sessions. Big boards are tiring my old legs out.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #4899 on: June 17, 2020, 04:38:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Thanks man. I think they had it in 8.38, I went with the 8.1 with hopes of longer summer sessions. Big boards are tiring my old legs out.

Big setups got me extra dusty too.
That graphic is sick.
I’ve always thought 8.38 as 8.5, mainly because the first few I had were dlx and they felt big. 8.38 fa I’m on now doesn’t quite feel as big, as it’s shorter. Finally got along with it a bit better, ace, vulcs. I need to be pretty mindful on popping stuff, works well tho.
Not trying to polite this side of the boards with some of the back n forth that’s gone on, but the fa graphic I have (Nelson Mandela) is such a nice look. Shockingly different then some of the graphics that Baker was correctly called out for.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4900 on: June 17, 2020, 05:34:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

Big setups got me extra dusty too.
That graphic is sick.
I’ve always thought 8.38 as 8.5, mainly because the first few I had were dlx and they felt big. 8.38 fa I’m on now doesn’t quite feel as big, as it’s shorter. Finally got along with it a bit better, ace, vulcs. I need to be pretty mindful on popping stuff, works well tho.
Not trying to polite this side of the boards with some of the back n forth that’s gone on, but the fa graphic I have (Nelson Mandela) is such a nice look. Shockingly different then some of the graphics that Baker was correctly called out for.
Theres a Mandela graphic? Never seen it, Thats cool as fuck

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4901 on: June 18, 2020, 04:56:37 PM »
I started the pandemic with 10 decks on reserve. Today I was down to 4. I like Lotties and what they do for the kids that live near the shop, so I got a hat, 52mm F4 classics, and an 8.1 Anti Hero from there. Kingswell is my actual local shop and where I usually buy my boards. I couldn’t not go there and grab a board as well, so I got an 8.1 Polar. I hope everyone is shopping at their local shops as much as they can right now

fuck you bama

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4902 on: June 18, 2020, 07:30:28 PM »
I started the pandemic with 10 decks on reserve. Today I was down to 4. I like Lotties and what they do for the kids that live near the shop, so I got a hat, 52mm F4 classics, and an 8.1 Anti Hero from there. Kingswell is my actual local shop and where I usually buy my boards. I couldn’t not go there and grab a board as well, so I got an 8.1 Polar. I hope everyone is shopping at their local shops as much as they can right now

Sick, I'm down to support the shop I grew up with but their stock is really limited and old, even before COVID hit. They only carry Powell pro boards and Mini Logo boards.

How did you skate 6 decks during lockdown?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #4903 on: June 18, 2020, 08:42:17 PM »
$35 at Ross

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4904 on: June 18, 2020, 09:18:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sick, I'm down to support the shop I grew up with but their stock is really limited and old, even before COVID hit. They only carry Powell pro boards and Mini Logo boards.

I haven’t gone to work in 3 months, so I’ve skated almost everyday. I’m out skating 2-5 hours a day usually. I tend to skate a new board every two-two and a half weeks. They either break, or wear down and feel dead in that time. One board broke within the first half hour skating it, and within the past week another lasted just 3 days before the tail cracked
fuck you bama

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #4905 on: June 18, 2020, 11:55:04 PM »
$35 at Ross

I envy you. I never find anything worthwhile.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #4906 on: June 19, 2020, 04:14:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I haven’t gone to work in 3 months, so I’ve skated almost everyday. I’m out skating 2-5 hours a day usually. I tend to skate a new board every two-two and a half weeks. They either break, or wear down and feel dead in that time. One board broke within the first half hour skating it, and within the past week another lasted just 3 days before the tail cracked

Name and shame.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #4907 on: June 19, 2020, 05:58:35 AM »
$35 at Ross

Oh man, I want these.. Great find!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4909 on: June 19, 2020, 08:13:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Name and shame.

No shame on riding and enjoying your boards. Just don't be like me and have more boards you can finish riding.

Boards from US woodshops were in short supply in Asia, plus I really wanted to try some WKND decks.

2 WKND decks
1 Ambush shop deck - space biscuits, love their graphics
2 Generator Blanks 8.125 from Canada Skate Shop - took 6 weeks to cross the border
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4910 on: June 19, 2020, 09:03:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Name and shame.
[close]

No shame on riding and enjoying your boards. Just don't be like me and have more boards you can finish riding.

Boards from US woodshops were in short supply in Asia, plus I really wanted to try some WKND decks.

2 WKND decks
2 Generator Blanks 8.125 from Canada Skate Shop - took 6 weeks to cross the border

That's cool your buying from Canada Skate Shop. Gnared
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4911 on: June 19, 2020, 09:17:51 AM »

Library skate shop out of Mass is the kitties titties.
DOA 8.1
Jessup
50mm classics

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4912 on: June 19, 2020, 09:32:29 AM »

DOA 8.1
Jessup
50mm classics

yea, way out in western mass but they’re sick.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4913 on: June 19, 2020, 09:54:37 AM »
Expand Quote

DOA 8.1
Jessup
50mm classics

[close]
yea, way out in western mass but they’re sick.
Yes sir Im up in the western mountains of Maine now, but I support my Mass roots when I can.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4914 on: June 19, 2020, 10:20:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Name and shame.
[close]

2 WKND decks
[close]

Watching his videos helped get me back into skateboarding after focusing on other sports for 10 years. It's one thing to see the gnarliest shit go down in video parts but it was more inspiring to see someone more relatable deal with trying to progress in his 30s and gear madness.

They are getting blanks from other woodshops soon, hopefully that means we will get to try some less main stream ones in the near future.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #4915 on: June 19, 2020, 10:39:11 AM »
Expand Quote
$35 at Ross

[close]

What a fuckin find! Even though I'm not too big on the Busenitz because of its heel-toe drop, if they were my size I'd most likely buy them for $35
Super Champion Fun Zone

fakie n0llie

• Rep: -80
« Reply #4916 on: June 19, 2020, 11:17:23 AM »
Can a Pal get a gnar? So excited about these!

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
« Reply #4917 on: June 19, 2020, 01:48:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Name and shame.
[close]

2 WKND decks
[close]

[close]

Watching his videos helped get me back into skateboarding after focusing on other sports for 10 years. It's one thing to see the gnarliest shit go down in video parts but it was more inspiring to see someone more relatable deal with trying to progress in his 30s and gear madness.

They are getting blanks from other woodshops soon, hopefully that means we will get to try some less main stream ones in the near future.

Ambush was my local as a kid. They had a ludicrously large shop(for all board sports) before they closed and went online. Always weird to see their boards show up.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4918 on: June 19, 2020, 04:31:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Name and shame.
[close]

2 WKND decks
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ambush was my local as a kid. They had a ludicrously large shop(for all board sports) before they closed and went online. Always weird to see their boards show up.

This is my 2nd board from them, first one being the Wade Boggs Challenge deck. It's listed as an 8" feels more like 8.25", it's a wall hanger so no biggie there. Top notch customer service.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #4919 on: June 19, 2020, 05:36:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
$35 at Ross

[close]

[close]

There are a pair on ebay (UK9): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adidas-Size-UK-9-Busenitz-Pro-White-Gold-Skater-Leather-Trainers-Shoes-43-EU/233622886570?hash=item36650258aa:g:gBgAAOSwOFZerwVe

Good lookin out my man, unfortunately they're a half to a whole size big for me to skate... Thanks for the tip though!