Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988043 times)

Ultimate Warrior and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4920 on: June 20, 2020, 10:10:43 AM »

Library skate shop out of Mass is the kitties titties.
DOA 8.1
Jessup
50mm classics

Damon is a good dude..one of those guys who I've never met but I can pretty much guarantee I'd feel at home the second I walked into the shop. He's never too busy to measure something, answer a stupid question or even just shoot the shit and since he was a librarian he's pretty well read (obviously) and sharp. He's even tried to track down a particular stain/size combo on a deck for me.

That white DOA square is one of my favorite decks from the last few releases. I have it in 8.38 and the black ACG one in 8.25. Even though it's the same mold as the standard, for whatever reason I'm able to handle the steep tail a lot more easily. It still wears me out but I ghost pop much less on the squares.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #4921 on: June 21, 2020, 04:09:23 PM »
Expand Quote

Seems like PS is backed up from covid delays so Scumco had Pennswood whip up some old graphics on some of the crazy stains. The first batch sold out in 2 hours and the second was gone in under an hour. I had to go through a shop and thus pay retail price, but it was a newer local shop so I don't mind. Truth be told the print quality isn't great on the Abair deck, it seems like the registration was a little off so it's blurry up close but the stain is really nice.

KT deck is 8.38 and Abair is 8.5, both 14" wb silver spoon concave. Not sure if I'm going to skate either of them yet or just keep for the scumcollection.
[close]

Both look great. Any idea why scumco isn't with pennswood for every release now? Was caught of guard when they moved to PS.

That KT decks is sick!
Heard Pennswood isn't great about meeting deadlines. Right now seems like all of the woodshops are backed up due to Covid.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #4922 on: June 21, 2020, 11:22:45 PM »

Seems like PS is backed up from covid delays so Scumco had Pennswood whip up some old graphics on some of the crazy stains. The first batch sold out in 2 hours and the second was gone in under an hour. I had to go through a shop and thus pay retail price, but it was a newer local shop so I don't mind. Truth be told the print quality isn't great on the Abair deck, it seems like the registration was a little off so it's blurry up close but the stain is really nice.

KT deck is 8.38 and Abair is 8.5, both 14" wb silver spoon concave. Not sure if I'm going to skate either of them yet or just keep for the scumcollection.

Thats sick. I'm skating that Abair right now, although its on a natural-ish stain so probably just the original one. 8.38, 14.25 wb. Good board but after skating so many bbs/generator boards in a row its just a bit different. Bought another scumco, one that looks like it has a crazier stain, should be a good time.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4923 on: June 23, 2020, 03:17:24 AM »

Been eyeing getting this as a wall hanger during lockdown and got it as a birthday treat to myself. It's tiny at 7.5 x 31, I placed it next to an 8.0 and it looks and feels like a toothpick. Still trips me out that I used to ride only 7.5 boards for a decade. 8.125 is my limit, can't handle wider boards and bigger trucks.
Got myself a Polar deck as well, see if it lives up to the hype.

Lordz was packed with OG Euro rippers.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 03:26:14 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4924 on: June 23, 2020, 06:40:10 PM »

Been eyeing getting this as a wall hanger during lockdown and got it as a birthday treat to myself. It's tiny at 7.5 x 31, I placed it next to an 8.0 and it looks and feels like a toothpick. Still trips me out that I used to ride only 7.5 boards for a decade. 8.125 is my limit, can't handle wider boards and bigger trucks.

I had never seen this video, Absolutely amazing stuff. Thanks man

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4925 on: June 23, 2020, 09:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I had never seen this video, Absolutely amazing stuff. Thanks man

I'm in Asia where data piracy laws are less tightly enforced. Bought this video off our local shop who was downloading and selling burnt copies in the store. You can Alex Carolino and Flo Marfaign riding Seek boards which had the weirdest team (Dyrdek, McKay, Kalis, Stevie Williams briefly, Mikey Taylor, Carolino, Margaign, Greg Myers) but most of the team made it onto AWS / Habitat.

https://quartersnacks.com/tag/seek-skateboards/

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4926 on: June 23, 2020, 10:50:01 PM »
numeric 420s!!!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #4927 on: June 24, 2020, 05:25:20 AM »

8.625'' x 32.375'' - 14.375'' WB. Haven't skated in about 3 months so treat myself to a freshie to get back into it, didnt wanna go too big so I went for the 8.6.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #4928 on: June 24, 2020, 07:53:17 AM »
numeric 420s!!!

How are they? was really interested when NB had 30% off but went with 440s.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #4929 on: June 24, 2020, 01:23:59 PM »
Just put a order in since I had to leave all my shit behind. Bones Reds, Silverados, Venture 8.25s, 53 Spits, 8.06 Real deck. Thanks 144p. I spaced on grip so if you throw some Jessup in there you’ll have my gratitude forever. Long live 35th!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4930 on: June 24, 2020, 03:04:57 PM »
Expand Quote
numeric 420s!!!
[close]

How are they? was really interested when NB had 30% off but went with 440s.
rothdigga sent me a pair way back when in my tts size and they were too big so i recommend going a half size down. Also, there’s two verions; one that is made out of a harder type of rubber and one that is synth suede. The rubber-ish ones seemed super stiff to me so I got the suede ones:

Also rothdigga might need to chime in but the other version had flat insoles whereas these have arch support.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #4931 on: June 25, 2020, 01:51:04 AM »
WKND goods from a couple weeks back since they were donating 100% of funds towards the BLM movement via certain organizations/charities :]
Two Death Dance long sleeves, Death Dance DVD, Hackey Sack, and a Bottle Opener!
Super Champion Fun Zone

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #4932 on: June 25, 2020, 01:07:15 PM »
Copped a pet deck. Was planning on setting it up but my frog deck is still stubbornly clinging to life, so it'll have to wait a little while longer.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4933 on: June 25, 2020, 03:20:57 PM »
Mini haul today - blazer mids came in the post.
My phone has been taking crazy over saturated pictures lately. So these colours aren't entirely true. 

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4934 on: June 25, 2020, 04:06:25 PM »
My phone has been taking crazy over saturated pictures lately. So these colours aren't entirely true. 
thats a nice trio right there

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #4935 on: June 25, 2020, 05:26:59 PM »
I know Zero can put out some questionable things at times but I was a big fan of the Loser Heavy series so I was pretty stoked to grab this, they sold out pretty fast.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4936 on: June 25, 2020, 06:05:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks man! Bought the board on a whim - might have to be a wall hanger because the taper is so extreme.

8.8 over the front truck and 8.0 over the back.  Not even sure what trucks I'd run.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1382
« Reply #4937 on: June 25, 2020, 06:47:58 PM »

Bought these two Habitats recently. I probably won't skate the Twin Peaks board, it'll go to the collection. But it's enticing; it's got a small wheelbase and a squarish nose/tail. Probably better off saving it, though.

I'm excited to skate the Janoski board, it's got the dims I'm getting comfortable with (8 x 31.5 x 14). Also never skated an AWS/Habitat board before.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4938 on: June 25, 2020, 07:56:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Thanks man! Bought the board on a whim - might have to be a wall hanger because the taper is so extreme.

8.8 over the front truck and 8.0 over the back.  Not even sure what trucks I'd run.
149s should do the trick. rode 151s on a similar-ish deck and a size down would have been perfect
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #4939 on: June 26, 2020, 08:52:48 AM »
Tom says he skates then with 55s. Seeing it grabs my attention more. It’s a neat looking board with a 14” WB.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4940 on: June 26, 2020, 03:02:22 PM »
Tom says he skates then with 55s. Seeing it grabs my attention more. It’s a neat looking board with a 14” WB.

That was my plan at first - to throw my ace 55's on it. I was looking around for a new deck for my 55's when I bought it. I figured it tapered down to 8.375 at a glance.

I think I'll end up putting my 44's on it. Unfortunately that'll have to be once I'm done my current deck.

The 14" wheelbase is definitely attractive.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4941 on: June 26, 2020, 03:14:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That was my plan at first - to throw my ace 55's on it. I was looking around for a new deck for my 55's when I bought it. I figured it tapered down to 8.375 at a glance.

I think I'll end up putting my 44's on it. Unfortunately that'll have to be once I'm done my current deck.

The 14" wheelbase is definitely attractive.
Let us know how it skates!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4942 on: June 26, 2020, 04:27:44 PM »
God knows that I don't need more shoes but I wanted to get some high tops for quite a while and I found even Smith hi zero on pink for just 21 bucks including shipping. Couldn't let this pass.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4943 on: June 27, 2020, 02:50:04 PM »
Ice ice

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
« Reply #4944 on: June 27, 2020, 04:32:56 PM »

I bought this back in April. It took forever to show up, because they ran out of stock because of because of covid. It also slowed their production and shipping. I came over a week ago, but bad weather kept me from putting it together.     It's still not done, it has atleast 100 screws left, but a rain storm came out of nowhere. I know 2 skaters that got Covid one is asymptomatic, one isn't. I plan on avoiding heavy sessions again, I was getting comfortable admittedly.

I underestimated how small 3ft would, I don't think I ever skated a mini so small. It feels weird, but I did do a blunt on it and that's a rarity for me.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4945 on: June 27, 2020, 05:39:46 PM »
Ice ice

Are Riptides really worth it?

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #4946 on: June 27, 2020, 06:38:12 PM »

I bought this back in April. It took forever to show up, because they ran out of stock because of because of covid. It also slowed their production and shipping. I came over a week ago, but bad weather kept me from putting it together.     It's still not done, it has atleast 100 screws left, but a rain storm came out of nowhere. I know 2 skaters that got Covid one is asymptomatic, one isn't. I plan on avoiding heavy sessions again, I was getting comfortable admittedly.

I underestimated how small 3ft would, I don't think I ever skated a mini so small. It feels weird, but I did do a blunt on it and that's a rarity for me.

Jealous of that, it'd be super fun to just have that in your backyard to play on, get them mini skills up.

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #4947 on: June 27, 2020, 07:03:35 PM »

Bought these two Habitats recently. I probably won't skate the Twin Peaks board, it'll go to the collection. But it's enticing; it's got a small wheelbase and a squarish nose/tail. Probably better off saving it, though.

I'm excited to skate the Janoski board, it's got the dims I'm getting comfortable with (8 x 31.5 x 14). Also never skated an AWS/Habitat board before.
Sick, what is the concave like? I've been wanting to try em but I'm hoping the concave isn't mellow.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #4948 on: June 27, 2020, 07:21:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jealous of that, it'd be super fun to just have that in your backyard to play on, get them mini skills up.

How much did it cost you?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099