Author Topic: tinder  (Read 390010 times)

tobey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
Re: tinder
« Reply #1110 on: February 04, 2015, 05:52:54 PM »
Tobey, the key is to make a plan. It doesn't have to be elaborate or expensive: decide what you're going to do and execute.

1. Pick a restaurant and get a reservation. Think about what she likes and what you can afford. Has she mentioned a kind of food she enjoys? Go with that. And don't run your ideas by her: have a plan and take the lead role. You asked her out, that's your job.

2. Get something at a florist and reserve it now: they're in demand on V-Day. Roses are nice, but a little trite. There's nothing wrong with a more creative arrangement. If you go to a decent florist (Whole Foods has good options) they're happy to work with you. Again, do it in advance.

3. Choose another activity and set it up. A movie? A concert? An art thing? Whatever. Make a decision based on what you know about her and set it up. Get tickets now. Don't do a movie at home, that's weak.

You can handle this. It's simple: figure it out and be confident. Not everything has to be perfect. Demonstrate that you put thought into this and can plan without hand holding.

Yea i already made reservations i told her to wear something nice and she was stoked on me saying that, thanks illmurray. I was thinking of maybe seeing a movie after like you suggested but im so out of loop to whats in theaters i guess im going to have to look up what movies are out or if you guys have any suggestions for that as well feel free to let me know. I have been talking to her about the show i have been watching, Nurse Jackie, and she loves like hospital shows so i was thinking we would watch that cause she doesn't have showtime. Thats what i have been doing with her when ever we hung out, like we would go out to get something to eat grab some beer and drink it at my house while watching a netflix movie or a show. Do you think its not good enough for V-Day? She seemed she has lots a fun while doing it 

@thewilleasley

« Reply #1111 on: February 04, 2015, 08:51:45 PM »
lol i swear tobey been putting in that work we watching his personal transformation LIVE. good for you fam!

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1112 on: February 04, 2015, 09:14:54 PM »
lol i swear tobey been putting in that work we watching his personal transformation LIVE. good for you fam!

hahaha hey i did pretty well in my high school days! But i didn't hook up for a girl for 3 years cause my anxiety was so bad then i found this thread and it honestly saved my life. Even though have have some shitty situations on there its still situations that i enjoy having.

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #1113 on: February 04, 2015, 09:55:19 PM »
I have been talking to her about the show i have been watching, Nurse Jackie, and she loves like hospital shows so i was thinking we would watch that cause she doesn't have showtime. Thats what i have been doing with her when ever we hung out, like we would go out to get something to eat grab some beer and drink it at my house while watching a netflix movie or a show. Do you think its not good enough for V-Day? She seemed she has lots a fun while doing it 

If you're getting dressed up, why not go see a movie at a theater? Nurse Jackie will be available later. Girls like going on dates.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1114 on: February 04, 2015, 11:42:08 PM »
^ yea but thats a lot of money, its like 12 dollars a ticket to get in the movies. I rather just buy her favorite 6 pack and watch a movie at my house after dinner. Plus she really likes hospital shows and she said she wanted to watch it cause she doesn't have showtime.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #1115 on: February 05, 2015, 04:40:21 AM »
^ yea but thats a lot of money, its like 12 dollars a ticket to get in the movies. I rather just buy her favorite 6 pack and watch a movie at my house after dinner. Plus she really likes hospital shows and she said she wanted to watch it cause she doesn't have showtime.

no no no Tobey. don't be a cheapskate.

this girl can watch Netflix any other time with you. this is V-Day. i'm not telling you to go for broke, but do something different here.

it doesn't have to be expensive, but don't give her a normal Tobey date. it's Valentines Day. try a little harder, dude.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1116 on: February 05, 2015, 07:06:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this girl can watch Netflix any other time with you. this is V-Day. i'm not telling you to go for broke, but do something different here.

it doesn't have to be expensive, but don't give her a normal Tobey date. it's Valentines Day. try a little harder, dude.

Yea that sounds fun but i don't have a job. If i did i would spend every penny of my paycheck on this date. But for now i made a little bit of money shoveling last week, i didn't ask to be paid i just did as a good neighborhood but i got a little money for that that i plan to spend it on her for that date

n0torious

« Reply #1117 on: February 05, 2015, 07:10:13 AM »
Come up with the cash. It's worth the investment to take the extra step.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1118 on: February 05, 2015, 09:01:17 AM »
One time deal but I'll chip in $5 for this date... I'm sure others will as well.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #1119 on: February 05, 2015, 10:40:57 AM »
I would seriously throw down on this^.

But for real tobey, you should take this as a lesson in hustling cash up and go get, cuz damn if ya can't acquire and spend 50 bucks or whatever on this chick then how u gonna pay bills n shit.  Nothin wrong with thrift, but being overly cheap is not a good look for any person.

What restaurant you goin to?

luv you tobey, everyone in this thread should feel like a proud father.   :'( <--- This but smiling and kind of like nodding knowingly

"Me and tobey homie/ make you do the hokey pokey/ pull da pound/ up and down, turn yaself around shorty."  -Cameron Giles
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

n0torious

« Reply #1120 on: February 05, 2015, 11:58:35 AM »
But for real tobey, you should take this as a lesson in hustling cash up and go get, cuz damn if ya can't acquire and spend 50 bucks or whatever on this chick then how u gonna pay bills n shit.  Nothin wrong with thrift, but being overly cheap is not a good look for any person.

This. We've all been broke, but it's something you need to address. It goes beyond this individual date: handle your business. Sooner or later, women want someone with steaks in the freezer.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1121 on: February 05, 2015, 12:22:04 PM »
It's very hard to get a job when you have mental health issues.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1122 on: February 05, 2015, 12:46:20 PM »
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #1123 on: February 05, 2015, 12:58:02 PM »
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #1124 on: February 05, 2015, 12:58:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yea that sounds fun but i don't have a job. If i did i would spend every penny of my paycheck on this date. But for now i made a little bit of money shoveling last week, i didn't ask to be paid i just did as a good neighborhood but i got a little money for that that i plan to spend it on her for that date

Damn Tobey, that's some Lifetime movie, heart string tugging shit right there.  I agree with Fenzadill and Yushin, post up your paypal and I got 10 on it for you.  

Fuck Mocha, let's crowdfund Tobey getting laid.  
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #1125 on: February 05, 2015, 01:39:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Damn Tobey, that's some Lifetime movie, heart string tugging shit right there.  I agree with Fenzadill and Yushin, post up your paypal and I got 10 on it for you.  

I got 5 on it. But ya best get a job because, if you do this one right, she'll be hoping for another at some point pretty soon.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1126 on: February 05, 2015, 03:32:57 PM »
How much do you guys think a prostitute costs?

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1127 on: February 05, 2015, 03:34:47 PM »
What do you guys think constitutes a cry for help?

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #1128 on: February 05, 2015, 03:37:33 PM »
I'll drop some coin on Tobey.

Should we just make a kickstarter already?

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1129 on: February 05, 2015, 03:47:50 PM »
hahahah thanks for thinking i could get a crowd surfing from you guys but yeah the reason i don't have a job cause i can't really go out for that long unless im on my meds or i have been drinking. Like i am able to go to school cause im only taking a couple of classes and the longest im there for is like 2 hours a day. I did tried looking for a job a couple months ago at a animal hospital, i picked there because i realized my anxiety isn't that bad when im with animals. But they never called back, im going to try other animal hospitals or like a puppy play date center and see if i can get some work there

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1130 on: February 05, 2015, 06:01:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

such bullshit. some of you guys need to snap out of it and man the fuck up. quit letting your mental health issues hinder your life/goals.

i was diagnosed with depression/bi-polar disorder at around 13-14 years old. tried killing myself 2 or 3 times before i even graduated highschool. years later i had a breakdown and got 5150'd a few times (when police forcibly take you to a mental hospital for a 3 day hold). they then said i was also schizophrenic/suffering from anxiety/delusions of reference, etc.

i'd see a therapist, take medication, get social security, the whole deal.

all this time, whether at the peak of my craziness or in a more lucid state, i still was able to get jobs and keep them. it's all on you.

retail, grocery or warehouse jobs will hire anyone. go to a temp agency if you're having trouble finding work.

quit being a bitch, apply yourself and get a job. your "disease" isn't crippling you and stopping you from progressing, you are.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1131 on: February 05, 2015, 06:14:13 PM »
yea tobey since u like working with animals have u looked into throwing kittens at a wall for money?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1132 on: February 05, 2015, 06:15:22 PM »
yea tobey since u like working with animals have u looked into throwing kittens at a wall for money?

stack that paper any way you can, Tobey!

8)

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1133 on: February 05, 2015, 07:29:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

such bullshit. some of you guys need to snap out of it and man the fuck up. quit letting your mental health issues hinder your life/goals.

i was diagnosed with depression/bi-polar disorder at around 13-14 years old. tried killing myself 2 or 3 times before i even graduated highschool. years later i had a breakdown and got 5150'd a few times (when police forcibly take you to a mental hospital for a 3 day hold). they then said i was also schizophrenic/suffering from anxiety/delusions of reference, etc.

all this time, whether at the peak of my craziness or in a more lucid state, i still was able to get jobs and keep them. it's all on you.

retail, grocery or warehouse jobs will hire anyone. go to a temp agency if you're having trouble finding work.

quit being a bitch, apply yourself and get a job. your "disease" isn't crippling you and stopping you from progressing, you are.

Yeah i used that excuse a bunch of times but i have been manning up lately, i went back to school which was a huge improvement from me literally sitting inside all day for 3 years. I don't know its easier to say to your self "man up" but when the time comes you just get overwhelmed with panic. Good for you to be able to do that but just last year i have been getting on the right track and i am afraid if i over do it all be right back at it to where i sit inside all day not doing anything. I have had many jobs before like you said at a grocery store but thats when my anxiety wasn't that bad and i could handle being outside of my house for 6 hours which is like the least you can work for a part time job a day. But mainly my panic lately has been coming with driving, i got in to a bad accident when i was 18, i wasn't hurt but the guy cut in front of me while he was on his cellphone and it totaled my dads car. Every since than i really don't like driving that far of a distance cause i don't trust anyone on the road. I know i have to work on it which i have been but driving to me is like the scariest thing im dealing with right now and its hard to find a job in your area that is willing to hire a person with severe anxiety issues.

KING TUT

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1134 on: February 05, 2015, 08:01:45 PM »
tobey da truest hustla. motherfuckers forking out cash for his date and he got them thinking it was all their idea

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1135 on: February 05, 2015, 08:09:05 PM »
oh and here's a tip to what to put in the moment thing for tinder, just upload pictures of beer your drinking. I get at least 8 likes when i do that and then you just ask them "have you ever had that beer" "whats your favorite drink"it has been working for me everytime i upload a picture of a beer im drinking

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1136 on: February 05, 2015, 09:10:11 PM »
fuck im drunk and just got a 17 year olds number. heres to hoping she turns 18 soon!

Musty_Berrings

• Rep: 17
« Reply #1137 on: February 05, 2015, 09:22:19 PM »
Here to report I fucked my fist fat chick tonight. Kinda stoked.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1138 on: February 05, 2015, 10:12:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Uhh, I have a criminal history that regularly disqualifies me from employment. That has been the biggest hindrance for me. Not to mention the court system has been fucking me for years. I originally took a plea bargain for a misdemeanor and 3 years probation. Due to "clerical error" I was in the system as a felon. Just skating was a problem for me because I was a "4th waiver" meaning cops could and would regularly handcuff and search my shit when they let everyone else around me go. I supposedly got that fixed after a year and some paper work but I was still on probation. When that ended I did all the leg work to have my record expunged. Guess what happened when I got a background check ran on me when I was trying to get financial aid for vocational school. I came up as a felon, despite all the bullshit I went through to fix it. They turned me away because I'm apparently a criminal.

You want to know why I got caught up with charges in the first place? Goddamn undercover public transit security guards jumped my brother and I fought them off not knowing they were security guards. When I went to court one of the security guards said I hit him with my skateboard for good measure (I didn't). The judge was appalled at my behavior especially after he read the report for the security guard wherein I'm quoted as saying such bullshit as, "Get him, blood!", and "I'm about to Skyline stomp this nigga!". You can guess that I don't speak like that. The judge was a real piece of shit. I watched how he treated minority defendants with hostility and some white girl with all the benefit of the doubt before it was my turn to stand before him. My lawyer urged me to take the plea bargain for defending my brother from his attackers. This essentially ruined my ability to gain job experience for years on top of my personality disorder and major depression. I'm currently in the process of getting this latest "clerical error" fixed. This shit has followed me for the past eight years.

I have a personality disorder that doesn't allow me to get along with people. I'm clinically diagnosed with Avoidant Personality Disorder. I think I posted a link to it earlier, but I'll do it again. http://www.theravive.com/therapedia/Avoidant-Personality-Disorder-DSM--5-301.82-(F60.6) I literally can't get close enough to people to network with and make advantageous connections. There's a reason why I'm a 26 year old kissless virgin who's never had a close friend. I've had a few jobs. All of which I've been let go from because of my inability to wear a smile and be outgoing. I've interviewed for other jobs where I thought I hit it out of the park, but upon talking to the people that hire, I was either passed over because of my perceived disinterest, criminal record, or lack of experience. I did try. I do try. Trying isn't enough. I'm not saying I can't get it right eventually. I'm saying it would be disingenuous to say nothing is hindering my success. I'm currently working with my local career center to make myself more employable. Hopefully something works out. I've been filing paperwork out my ass and going to a shit ton of meetings on top of my multiple times a week therapy.

There's tons more shit going on in my life, but that was just for a little perspective. I know I've got it better than a lot of people out there but that doesn't put you in any position to assume to know what others are going through. I'll continue to try to better my station in life, but don't you give me any shit for acknowledging setbacks.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1139 on: February 05, 2015, 10:28:14 PM »
^we are the same person, i also to have a record but im white and my felony got dropped to a misdemeanor. I almost had to go to big boy jail but the detective working my case knew i was a nice kid that just had a drinking problem, so the second time i got arrested in the same week i only had to spend the night in the drunk tank. So the court ordered me to IOP rehab which i took seriously at the time and now well you know where i went now