Author Topic: HUF is the new Nike but worst.  (Read 13845 times)

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
Re: HUF is the new Nike but worst.
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2014, 07:16:32 AM »
Does skater owned really matter when the brand is sold in all the same places as every other brand, marketed towards and catering to the same general crowd?

is selling to the fashion crowd suppose to be better? its probably worse because those people are actually smug about it. the kids who buy clothes at zumiez just see a cool logo, they dont give a shit. you're just being selfish.

HUFs not that bad, you guys are trying too hard.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2014, 08:03:48 AM »
i really hope you guys dont think selling to just skaters (whom dont buy shit mind you) will get pros paid, pay bills, and pay for trips. yet these companies still wanna put it out for skaters (who dont buy shit mind you)

but thats cause they love skating. all in all they sell to a bunch of fuckboys so we can have a cool edit every now and then

Vibes of skating rocks

• Rep: -22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2014, 09:05:43 AM »
Heard they kicked Johan and Ryan cause Welcome and Roger weren't "real" companies.

So you really believe everything you hear? You're one gullible fuck.

whoami

• Rep: -43
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Curious as to why people downplay Welcome? Their boards are in shops and i see people riding them kinda often that classifies as a legit skate company to me, people prolly just get weirded out on the shapes which i get...If Huf fully puts on Bobby Worrest they'd be dope.
[close]

They would have if they could have but they don't have the money to pay another pro right now.
[close]

True but id just like to see a little less of the abundant floral pattern stuff and i hate to say this but i think that recent Wu Tang collabo was unnecessary considering DC pretty much did the same thing just less than 6 months prior... it'd have probably freed up a little room for him.

[close]

Before DC did theirs, I was hearing about Huf already doing a Wu Tang collab. For all we know they were probably planned at the same time.

Thats how licensing shit works. Powers, the dude who holds the Wu license can be very hot and cold. When he decides to pimp out the Wu he goes hard to as many possible brands as possible. He probably didn't tell DC or Huf that both of them were doing this. Kind of on him and not the brands that go into production with samples they spent a lot of money on.