Author Topic: Hawk vs wolf podcast  (Read 19829 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1106
Re: Hawk vs wolf podcast
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2023, 12:43:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I remember reading Heath interviews as a kid and they were basically the same thing and one sentence answers.  You guys are never gonna get the amazing interview you're asking for, Jason Ellis or not
[close]

It's not even about us deserving a better interview, it's about Heath deserving a better interview.
[close]

I don’t think heath wants to talk about shit that happened over 20 years ago, but willing to do a solid for Tony.
[close]

he literally says that at the beginning of the episode, which I know breaks all our hearts as fans but is rather commendable with heath living in the now

Haha, yup, started the episode after, I wrote the comment, but yeah.

But yeah, I’m just happy to know that he still skates and that he doesn’t have some secret injury.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2023, 01:47:49 PM »
These cats manage to get Heath fucking Kirchart and they fuck it up ...

Nothing against Ellis personally, but how the HELL does he manage to turn EVERY damn interview into something about him?

Nine club is far from perfect but they would have done way better ...

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2023, 01:04:00 PM »
Goddamn, half this podcast was Jason Ellis talking about himself. Tony had good insight and questions because of how far back they go. I liked hearing about the tour stuff and the attitude of people on tour when it came to performing. Tony has been a great role model for a lot of pros that got their start under his wing. Jason Ellis is like "Whoa! You were out in a rowboat??"

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2023, 01:06:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I remember reading Heath interviews as a kid and they were basically the same thing and one sentence answers.  You guys are never gonna get the amazing interview you're asking for, Jason Ellis or not
[close]

It's not even about us deserving a better interview, it's about Heath deserving a better interview.
[close]

I don’t think heath wants to talk about shit that happened over 20 years ago, but willing to do a solid for Tony.
[close]

he literally says that at the beginning of the episode, which I know breaks all our hearts as fans but is rather commendable with heath living in the now
[close]

Haha, yup, started the episode after, I wrote the comment, but yeah.

But yeah, I’m just happy to know that he still skates and that he doesn’t have some secret injury.

I dont know if it was epicly later'd where he talked about how he kind of regretted not putting himself out there more with stuff like interviews. Something like he wanted to let his skating do the talking but losing out on money I think.

I think his best interview is the one Ed did of him. That one has always stuck out to me.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2023, 03:11:15 PM »
Haha people are blowing this ‘Jason Ellis interrupting’ stuff way out of proportion, just listened and he really wasn’t all that bad. Heath seems like a nice guy, he’s honest about stuff whereas most pro skaters are too much of wusses to run their mouth the tiniest bit, even when they haven’t been an active pro in a long while

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 870
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2023, 08:51:41 PM »
Haha people are blowing this ‘Jason Ellis interrupting’ stuff way out of proportion, just listened and he really wasn’t all that bad. Heath seems like a nice guy, he’s honest about stuff whereas most pro skaters are too much of wusses to run their mouth the tiniest bit, even when they haven’t been an active pro in a long while
I think it's just an accumulative thing.
Jason usually bugged me and I stopped watching for a while. Watched this one and yeah that was prob one of the best eps as far as Ellis goes. But if people had been watching the show every week they are probably already at their Jason Ellis limit.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2023, 09:11:18 PM »
if you just skip past some of the ellis monologues this is some good shit
:) I must have been tripping last night

Jum Diggins

• Rep: 2
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2023, 10:00:28 PM »
The bit about Tony being more mad at Kirchart over Berra had me crackin’ up. “No hesitation” Heath quickly assuming Birdman was talking about Greco in reference to people not skating demos was pretty funny too. Haven’t finished it yet but pretty good so far. Stoked to get any new insights into Heath, but wish they hadn’t spent as much time on the boat thing since it had already been pretty well documented

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2023, 10:02:23 PM »
The bit about Tony being more mad at Kirchart over Berra had me crackin’ up. “No hesitation” Heath quickly assuming Birdman was talking about Greco in reference to people not skating demos was pretty funny too. Haven’t finished it yet but pretty good so far. Stoked to get any new insights into Heath, but wish they hadn’t spent as much time on the boat thing since it had already been pretty well documented

Jum Diggins

• Rep: 2
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2023, 10:43:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This was sent from my iPhone

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2023, 11:56:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Was Tony eluding toward a Jeremy Klein doco or possibly a Birdhouse one?

HeapsCool

• Rep: -174
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2023, 12:05:36 AM »
Head injuries should be discussed more openly and frankly in skating.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2023, 12:41:28 PM »
Super funny when Ellis asked Heath "Do you still consider yourself a skater?" And Heath said "Well, I still skateboard."

AllisonChalmers

• Rep: -41
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2023, 02:53:53 PM »
I liked the part where Jason said he has friends and that they were worried about his brain health after spending too much time in the cage (2 fights) and that they can test for measuring brain damage from concussions etc. then goes on to claim he's been knocked out 30+ times. and towards the end Heath asks him how his brain tested and he reply's 'perfect'.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2023, 02:22:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Was Tony eluding toward a Jeremy Klein doco or possibly a Birdhouse one?

Heath mentioned it right at the beginning, Tony does too. I would assume an Epicly Later’d

Kaezan

• Rep: -4
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2024, 08:19:44 AM »
Everyone, do yourself a favor and listen to the story that starts at around the 50 min mark and ends at aroound 58 mins about Rodney doing 360's.

This shit had me laughing my ass off.

TelethonJohn

• Rep: 60
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2024, 10:24:42 AM »
Everyone, do yourself a favor and listen to the story that starts at around the 50 min mark and ends at aroound 58 mins about Rodney doing 360's.

Holy moly. When a Powell demo brings out some unintentional Gwar shenanigans at a Neiman Marcus. That story's amazing!

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2024, 11:10:02 AM »
anyone have any idea who the quest was? Imagine Rodney scolding you and leaving you. lol

aleksander

• Rep: 126
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2024, 04:51:33 PM »

The conference call story is so rough. He's kinda annoying but I'm glad he's doing better than he was.
"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2024, 05:21:12 PM »

Not the biggest fan of this podcast, but I believe there are certain guests that can really bring out the best in Tony and Jason with Rodney being one of them. Definitely gonna check this one out.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2024, 05:51:14 PM »
I will suffer through a lot for the right guest.
Regardless of talking over someone you’re bound to get some great stories with Rodney. I listened to his first one a few times.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2024, 05:10:12 PM »
The Fire sprinkler story was crazy...Rodney was dope guest, hearing how cool Kareem was to him was super sweet.  It seemed like Tony and Rodney were having their own conversation and looks like they were ignoring jasons questions at times. 

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2024, 05:33:32 PM »
this was goodie

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 254
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2024, 06:55:22 PM »
Gotta say I was starting to get tired of hearing Rodney talk. For a long while I was enamored by how passionately he speaks of the act and art of skateboarding, but at some point it felt like he was always in ted talk/sage of skateboarding mode and maybe assigned too much weight to his own words (though that could just be the contexts in which he was being interviewed/the interviewers wanting/leading him to wax poetic). I guess the feeling I got was he was always on the verge of bringing himself to tears due to the profoundness of his own words. Idk if that's just me though.

That being said it was really refreshing him in a more casual/conversational setting, he seems like he'd be a really sweet/fun person to hang out with. Basically I'm back on team Rodney talking about stuff. <3

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2024, 09:35:45 PM »
Gotta say I was starting to get tired of hearing Rodney talk. For a long while I was enamored by how passionately he speaks of the act and art of skateboarding, but at some point it felt like he was always in ted talk/sage of skateboarding mode and maybe assigned too much weight to his own words (though that could just be the contexts in which he was being interviewed/the interviewers wanting/leading him to wax poetic). I guess the feeling I got was he was always on the verge of bringing himself to tears due to the profoundness of his own words. Idk if that's just me though.

That being said it was really refreshing him in a more casual/conversational setting, he seems like he'd be a really sweet/fun person to hang out with. Basically I'm back on team Rodney talking about stuff. <3

Spot on!

Is there an AI that can block Ellis yet? He’s too needy for my soul to deal with

Kaezan

• Rep: -4
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2024, 03:50:33 PM »

I’m right there with you. This was a very different Rodney than the Rodney we usually see. The stories from his early street days and being a team lead were awesome

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 47
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2024, 01:01:54 AM »

I always felt he just has a deep love for skateboarding and is very grateful for it, it always touches me

anyway you can catch rodney and tony talking live if you'd like

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2sKViPxMcF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 22
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2024, 04:21:08 AM »
I’ve been wondering about his physical state / injuries for a long time, so it was interesting to hear him touch on that. From that crazy story years ago of him wrenching free his fused hip by jimmying his leg into his truck wheel well, it’s not surprising to hear he’s had a double hip replacement.

AllisonChalmers

• Rep: -41
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2024, 09:25:03 AM »

Naw you were right on the money with this one

MongoSwitchIsIllegal

• Rep: -6
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2024, 12:00:32 PM »
Anyone else get weirded out about Tony Hawk's makeup/hair restoration thing he has going on?
Wu Wei - The Art of Doing Nothing - Effortless Action