Author Topic: ZERO - "DAMN IT ALL" 21/9/2019  (Read 43145 times)

RCB3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
Re: ZERO - "DAMN IT ALL" 21/9/2019
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2019, 10:18:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
is it wrong to actually want to see the gabbers slam? it has to be really hard to watch but, it was talked about so much that you can’t help but want to see it. if it really isn’t in the video i’m sure it will end up being a hall of meat right before they put the video online.
[close]

Yeah the slam is supposed to be in the final edit per the chief. Its also supposed to be a hall of meat. Gabbers goes into great detail of the day leading up to the slam in his Pals Questions, so that should be out soon. Tried to get permission for an early release of the clip to use in the interview but got denied, I tried.
[close]

you talking about the rail clit walker grinded? if so that boardslide slam looked like he actually broke his neck
[close]

Nah, it wasn't in the video for the premieres. He tried to gap out to 50-50 on this:

Holy fuck, the thought of someone trying to gap 50-50 that makes my stomach turn with the possibilities of how it could go wrong. He deserves the pro status for attempting that.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2019, 10:39:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
is it wrong to actually want to see the gabbers slam? it has to be really hard to watch but, it was talked about so much that you can’t help but want to see it. if it really isn’t in the video i’m sure it will end up being a hall of meat right before they put the video online.
[close]

Yeah the slam is supposed to be in the final edit per the chief. Its also supposed to be a hall of meat. Gabbers goes into great detail of the day leading up to the slam in his Pals Questions, so that should be out soon. Tried to get permission for an early release of the clip to use in the interview but got denied, I tried.
[close]

you talking about the rail clit walker grinded? if so that boardslide slam looked like he actually broke his neck
[close]

Nah, it wasn't in the video for the premieres. He tried to gap out to 50-50 on this:

[close]

Holy fuck, the thought of someone trying to gap 50-50 that makes my stomach turn with the possibilities of how it could go wrong. He deserves the pro status for attempting that.
I can't wait till Milton's clip on that spot gets released.  I think him and Gabbers will be head to head for SOTY this year

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2019, 12:09:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I can't wait till Milton's clip on that spot gets released.  I think him and Gabbers will be head to head for SOTY this year

Dont tease me you bitch

MR102889

• Rep: 30
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2019, 12:24:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Dont tease me you bitch

Milton gap to grinded it first try!

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2019, 01:33:55 PM »

Jesus fucking Christ. Kickflip into Carwash and then this on top of the tour destruction all year (mostly for the mag, too). If he doesn't get SOTY, we riot. Or at least say, "Aw, man!" under our breath as we read it on here. Either way.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2019, 05:27:46 PM »
Dont tease me you bitch
Consider it a warning, more than a tease

Mantis tabogin

• Rep: -7
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2019, 09:07:22 PM »
who the fuck is reggie kelly?

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2019, 10:59:20 PM »
Gapping into that rail is frankly insane and truly terrifying, the margin for error is so small and downside so enormous, that is seriously something which doesn't appear feasible.

euro tm

« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2019, 11:25:37 PM »

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2019, 11:32:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the goat

He is a legit nice addition to the team, I didn't know much about him but he rips

DiscountCanofTuna

• Rep: 7
« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2019, 01:08:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

the goat
[close]

He is a legit nice addition to the team, I didn't know much about him but he rips

His Part was probably the best received behind the 2 Aussies at the Melbourne premiere. Made some absolute hammers look stylish as hell
2023 Slap Pals Fantasy Football Champion

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2019, 04:37:24 AM »
haha yeah aint going to beat the Aussies on their own turf, fair effort though.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2019, 04:43:35 AM »
rkelly killed it, the people in here talking about jt's "crazy" drop in to bike rack are delirious. Lots of unneeded second angles in this video.
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2019, 05:00:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jesus fucking Christ. Kickflip into Carwash and then this on top of the tour destruction all year (mostly for the mag, too). If he doesn't get SOTY, we riot. Or at least say, "Aw, man!" under our breath as we read it on here. Either way.

Where is the carwash footage?
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2019, 06:26:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Where is the carwash footage?

Dollin asks in the comments if he got the kickflip. I wanna see that shit too

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2019, 10:02:25 AM »
Holy shit that video of jamie talking is a gold mine. First the pure fact that this was some "preview" and not a premier is hilarious and I commend whoever instantly started to boo when that was disclaimed. Second, the way he introduced the team on stage was just outright bizarre. Gave me the vibe of those traveling actors that go to elementary schools and perform plays, just to line up at the end and introduce themselves. Also what he said about Tony Cervantes made was just rude and embarrassing. "He's old now, we're old together". Like wtf you're damn near 15 years older than him.

for real. 😂 I’m the same age as Cervantes, and I’m not fucking old. lmao
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2019, 10:22:03 AM »
Any word when this will be posted online? I doubt they'll make DVDs but would be cool if they did

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2019, 10:26:02 AM »
Any word when this will be posted online? I doubt they'll make DVDs but would be cool if they did

Gabbers said his part will go online around the 15th. So I’m sure the whole vid will follow. DVDs will be made according to The Chief.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2019, 10:46:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Gabbers said his part will go online around the 15th. So I’m sure the whole vid will follow. DVDs will be made according to The Chief.

The Cheif says lots of things.

Like when he said  "This skateboard video named Damm It All will be premiering on this date" , (not a direct quote) and at the premiere showed an unfinished edit from the editing software's timeline. Remember that.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2019, 11:56:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

the goat
[close]

[close]

His Part was probably the best received behind the 2 Aussies at the Melbourne premiere. Made some absolute hammers look stylish as hell

The bunt dude Cephas talks about him every episode too. Been trying to figure out who he was so I could check out his footy. Stoked to finally see it Reggie

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2019, 01:12:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Happier to get it earlier, but didn't someone mention previously how we wouldn't get it until the Holiday season??

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2019, 02:57:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Holy shit that video of jamie talking is a gold mine. First the pure fact that this was some "preview" and not a premier is hilarious and I commend whoever instantly started to boo when that was disclaimed. Second, the way he introduced the team on stage was just outright bizarre. Gave me the vibe of those traveling actors that go to elementary schools and perform plays, just to line up at the end and introduce themselves. Also what he said about Tony Cervantes made was just rude and embarrassing. "He's old now, we're old together". Like wtf you're damn near 15 years older than him.
[close]

haha I must have missed that part or zoned out, did Cervantes look awkward or just laugh it off?

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2019, 09:54:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

haha I must have missed that part or zoned out, did Cervantes look awkward or just laugh it off?

I haven’t watched the video yet, sounds cringe inducing though.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #143 on: October 04, 2019, 01:36:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Happier to get it earlier, but didn't someone mention previously how we wouldn't get it until the Holiday season??

that’s what JT said at the premiere but maybe he’s satisfied with it at this point
:) I must have been tripping last night

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2019, 06:36:04 PM »
wow, what an abomination of a video. it's like i had gone back in time, that i had to actually check i wasn't skating royal trucks.

did i see the same reggie kelly part as everyone else? here i was thinking i was about to watch a part and think during "oh i could see him getting poached by santa cruz" but nope. he's good. but the edit was awful.

some of the most bland skateboarding you could possibly encounter in 2019.

amazing work jamie.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 06:41:56 PM by honey island »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2019, 07:10:22 PM »
Wow, that was... rough, to say the least. It was basically the last two or three Zero videos, just without a quarter of the standards that once made Zero videos classic. Poor editing, poor filming, and pretty outdated skateboarding. I mean, how many variations of SoCal + gap/stairs/rail + tight pants can you have?

The Jon Allie "part" before a five-minute long intro was a waste of good footage that really should have been in the $lave video. I'm struggling to think of anyone with less standing than James Brockman, who ended a line with a wallplant down a seven stair. Never liked Tommy Sandoval and his pigtails + Krux tee + michelada combo don't do him any favors in this. Dane Burman hit a ceiling of what he can do on a skateboard beyond grinding multiple kink rails. It's a bummer he skated to Nick Cave, whose music I really dig. This was the first footage I ever saw of Gabbers, and I can see why he floated in sponsor purgatory for so long. He doesn't look good on a skateboard. And what the hell was that random montage without a title? Honestly, the best thing were the Gilbert Crockett and Pat Burke clips in the friends section.

What really sucks is some of these new dudes seem really talented and would flourish under a different environment. Reggie Kelly is a local, he's super talented and really driven. I thought Chris Wimer had good footage, too, but both their parts were torn to hell by a shit edit. They deserve better.

Can't wait for the new $lave video to upstage all of this.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2019, 07:43:55 PM »
Watched it last night and I thought it was pretty good. Brought me back to growing up watching new blood. Person above who said it was bland is just grumpy.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2019, 07:55:09 PM »
Watched it last night and I thought it was pretty good. Brought me back to growing up watching new blood. Person above who said it was bland is just grumpy.

how is a video that is primary consisted with single tricks down stairs and rails, anything but bland? like what do personally get out of seeing a fs feeble or a fs board down a 11 stair for the 9th time in this video?

conqueso

« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2019, 08:24:25 PM »
post the link hoebois

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2019, 08:24:58 PM »
I like that there's still new Zero videos coming out but that didn't do it for me at all. Jon Allie and Chris Wimer were the only parts I'll probly watch again. I feel bad hating on Gabriel Summers because he obviously tries so hard but he's gotta have one of the worst styles I've seen in a long time.