Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 106083 times)

toe_knee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • Get bent
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #330 on: August 29, 2021, 08:55:50 AM »
I'm under the impression that I am the only one that likes Ishods beemer graphic. I think have had all of them and this ones my favorite for sentimental reasons, so I got two.

I don’t mind the car graphic either, I’m somewhat of a car nerd
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Fhk

« Reply #331 on: August 29, 2021, 10:57:03 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm under the impression that I am the only one that likes Ishods beemer graphic. I think have had all of them and this ones my favorite for sentimental reasons, so I got two.
[close]

Well that makes 3 of us then lol

Sacha

• Rep: 4
« Reply #332 on: August 29, 2021, 04:36:15 PM »
Nah the cars are minging, it’s like toy graphics. The main selling point seems to be at least it’s not Krooked Worrest artwork which is even worse…

The cat scratch Ishod graphics were amazing I thought. I don’t know when the next Real drop will be (mid-late Sept?) but I’m hoping they change the graphics.

Fhk

« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2021, 05:37:23 PM »
Nah the cars are minging, it’s like toy graphics. The main selling point seems to be at least it’s not Krooked Worrest artwork which is even worse…

The cat scratch Ishod graphics were amazing I thought. I don’t know when the next Real drop will be (mid-late Sept?) but I’m hoping they change the graphics.
I hope that they go back to symmetrical graphics. Halfway down the cars should of flipped  :) But at the end of day I don't too care much, because sliding middle of the board is so much fucking fun on slicks.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2021, 05:46:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I hope that they go back to symmetrical graphics. Halfway down the cars should of flipped  :) But at the end of day I don't too care much, because sliding middle of the board is so much fucking fun on slicks.

Oh man flipped the cars mid graphic….didn’t even think of that, good point
You want some queso?”

Fhk

« Reply #335 on: August 29, 2021, 06:14:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Oh man flipped the cars mid graphic….didn’t even think of that, good point
Haha thanks..Maybe they will put me on for graphic design. Until then I'm gonna just spin tires on these 20 something tricks I have left.

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2021, 06:46:14 PM »
Has anyone picked up or ridden the new Chocolate TT? Be interested to hearing feedback on the shape and ect
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

bryan

• Rep: 26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #337 on: August 29, 2021, 08:18:26 PM »

Based on the graphic I was disappointed that the Real Zion Yin Yang Kitty board wasn't a twin tail. It's fine as-is but with a little tweaking they could lean even harder into it if it were a TT. I mean, cats? tails? anyone?

https://www.tactics.com/real/zion-yin-yang-kitty-825-skateboard-deck

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1008
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #338 on: August 29, 2021, 09:59:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Based on the graphic I was disappointed that the Real Zion Yin Yang Kitty board wasn't a twin tail. It's fine as-is but with a little tweaking they could lean even harder into it if it were a TT. I mean, cats? tails? anyone?

https://www.tactics.com/real/zion-yin-yang-kitty-825-skateboard-deck

Massively missed opportunity.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #339 on: August 30, 2021, 07:56:53 AM »
Has anyone picked up or ridden the new Chocolate TT? Be interested to hearing feedback on the shape and ect

As soon as they make landfall in the UK i'll be grabbing one, will feed back.

IpathCats

« Reply #340 on: August 30, 2021, 07:59:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Well that makes 3 of us then lol

Normally, I'd hate a graphic like this. But I own an e30, and really like the twin tail, so this gets a pass from me. Actually skating this graphic right now.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #341 on: August 30, 2021, 03:23:09 PM »

Curious if the graphic direction sort of dictates the direction the board is used, even if it is identical / twin kicks?

Although the board starts out the same, one guy I know always finds that he unknowingly favours one kick and it will flex out more, but then will try to skate the other kick to even it out and get longer life out of the board.

It does seem like a twin / mirror graphic would be less to think about, if people are obsessing over it.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #342 on: August 30, 2021, 05:42:42 PM »
You can let bottom graphics get to you for sure, but marks/cuts/stains/chunks/scrapes/etc on your grip mess with you; it becomes that kicks with 'that mark' lol

Fhk

« Reply #343 on: August 30, 2021, 05:55:48 PM »
You can let bottom graphics get to you for sure, but marks/cuts/stains/chunks/scrapes/etc on your grip mess with you; it becomes that kicks with 'that mark' lol
Yes! Haha I noticed that one side was getting white sole marks more than the other so I spent the rest of the session making sure that I would shove it around first to make it even. Doesn't ruin the purpose of a TT but it reassured me that I have issues.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #344 on: August 31, 2021, 09:37:26 AM »
Any insight on the crob deck drop? Why are some people already getting it and chocolate doesn't even acknowledge its existence yet. I need the 8.5 so bad and I don't even like crob.

I'm guilty of adding dirt to my grip in order to make it symmetrical because I couldn't get some dirt off

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #345 on: August 31, 2021, 10:53:09 AM »
Any insight on the crob deck drop? Why are some people already getting it and chocolate doesn't even acknowledge its existence yet. I need the 8.5 so bad and I don't even like crob.

Expand Quote
[close]

I'm guilty of adding dirt to my grip in order to make it symmetrical because I couldn't get some dirt off
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes! Haha I noticed that one side was getting white sole marks more than the other so I spent the rest of the session making sure that I would shove it around first to make it even. Doesn't ruin the purpose of a TT but it reassured me that I have issues.

Yup, my first kickflip marks made me instantly flip the board to balance it out, now, it's all fucked up and it doesn't matter.

Fhk

« Reply #346 on: August 31, 2021, 10:56:14 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yup, my first kickflip marks made me instantly flip the board to balance it out, now, it's all fucked up and it doesn't matter.
Haha the one I am skating now is fucked up enough to not matter, but in couple weeks or less I have to start this process all over again..

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #347 on: September 01, 2021, 02:54:20 PM »
so thanks for all the answers, just gonna leave it here since somebody else had already wondered pages ago: graphics are above slick at ishods 8.3.

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #348 on: September 02, 2021, 12:21:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m a fan of the graphic personally but I’m into classic German whips so...

Plus the graphic gets skated off after a few good sessions anyway so even if the graphic sucks it doesn’t bother me as long as the size and shape is good. Crazy how ppl get so bummed on graphics they’re not that into. Isn’t that what stickers and posco pens are good for?

Also been skating the same deck in 8.3 for about a month now. Can’t beat not needing to think about nose and tail. Going back down to 8.25 with 14” wb after this though.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #349 on: September 02, 2021, 07:40:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Plus the graphic gets skated off after a few good sessions anyway so even if the graphic sucks it doesn’t bother me as long as the size and shape is good. Crazy how ppl get so bummed on graphics they’re not that into. Isn’t that what stickers and posco pens are good for?

Also been skating the same deck in 8.3 for about a month now. Can’t beat not needing to think about nose and tail. Going back down to 8.25 with 14” wb after this though.

I’m sure I’m gonna have a hard time adjusting as well this will be my first TT
You want some queso?”

Bigwheelbite

« Reply #350 on: September 02, 2021, 10:08:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m sure I’m gonna have a hard time adjusting as well this will be my first TT

Think you'll adjust quicker than you imagine - it's harder to adjust back to a normal deck with nose and tail once u get used to skating at TT IMO.

Jaydd

• Rep: 2
« Reply #351 on: September 02, 2021, 12:53:57 PM »

Think you'll adjust quicker than you imagine - it's harder to adjust back to a normal deck with nose and tail once u get used to skating at TT IMO.

I had a huge problem going back. I had 2 Ishod TT and then bought a FA Sage board. I literally found the Ishod butterfly deck 1 week later and set it up. I just felt so weird and uncomfortable.

Bigwheelbite

« Reply #352 on: September 02, 2021, 01:21:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had a huge problem going back. I had 2 Ishod TT and then bought a FA Sage board. I literally found the Ishod butterfly deck 1 week later and set it up. I just felt so weird and uncomfortable.

Yeah I tried skating a standard primitive 8.25 today (with 14" wb) after 5 weeks on a Ishod TT slick 8.3 and it felt wack af. Kickflips felt awful and kept rocketing. Thought a shorter wb was meant to help with the board not rocketing for flips (according to a lot of what I've been reading in wb threads on here) but defo doesn't work out that way for everyone.

Hope to see more brands offer symmetrical shapes going forward...

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #353 on: September 02, 2021, 01:50:37 PM »
Did anyone ever pick up the AWS Owlien Twin?

Fhk

« Reply #354 on: September 02, 2021, 05:24:48 PM »
I was contemplating it for a couple weeks..but I got skeered and stocked up on Ishods instead. If you end up getting one please report back sir.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #355 on: September 02, 2021, 07:44:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I was contemplating it for a couple weeks..but I got skeered and stocked up on Ishods instead. If you end up getting one please report back sir.

I’m sitting on too many of the DW Neen 8.25s to pick one up :)

Fhk

« Reply #356 on: September 02, 2021, 07:59:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I’m sitting on too many of the DW Neen 8.25s to pick one up :)
Well then it is up to one of these other guys on here to break trail.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #357 on: September 02, 2021, 08:46:15 PM »

The Owlien is said to have 14.25 wb as well, which puts it more so in the twin nose category, for anyone wanting shorter wheelbase options or longer kicks.

I still haven't seen one in person, but that ties in with the usual shorter wheelbases and longer kicks of regular AWS decks.

https://alienworkshop.com/collections/decks/products/owlien-twin-8-375-p-b

Dimensions
8.375 X 32.25 WB 14.25
Proprietary symmetrical shape

ImmanuelCunt

• Rep: 33
« Reply #358 on: September 03, 2021, 01:54:49 AM »
Have skated one and I think I have still one in reserve.
If I find some time I can make some side by side photos  of it with a Real/Krooked TT.
Fuller and Slightly longer tails.
Skated well, but I remember missing the slick in the first session.^^
First sessions on a krooked were a bit weird after skating that deck for a long time. Felt heavy as fuck.
I remember liking the owlien more once it started razor tailing a bit.
Some said theirs did not feel totally symmetric.
I did not feel/see any difference. But I am not to sensitive.
Liked it more for noseslides, nollie/switch heels and stuff like that, but that could have totally been imagination.
Did not feel too much of diff in regards of the wheel base but I skated it with forged and before/after i skated with cast plates.
Tried cast again after buying the forged and the flick felt instantly better on kickflips due to weight. Can't rememver if I already switched when I was still skating the owlien.
So make with that what you want.
360 flips felt different. Not worse just different. While on the dlx tt i focus more on the straigt pop down, I focused more on scooping.
On the dlx it happens from time to time, that I miss the pop on a tre and it does that strange wiggling between your legs. On the owlien I missed some by underrotating.
Take all that with a grain of salt. I skated the owlien like 2-3 Month ago.
After all i mainly skate the twin tails because of the fact that one does not have to check the direction of the board and I can skate them for ages because of that as well. So I skate them because of the shape and not because of the shape if that does make any sense.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #359 on: September 03, 2021, 05:12:55 AM »
Have skated one and I think I have still one in reserve.
If I find some time I can make some side by side photos  of it with a Real/Krooked TT.
Fuller and Slightly longer tails.
Skated well, but I remember missing the slick in the first session.^^
First sessions on a krooked were a bit weird after skating that deck for a long time. Felt heavy as fuck.
I remember liking the owlien more once it started razor tailing a bit.
Some said theirs did not feel totally symmetric.
I did not feel/see any difference. But I am not to sensitive.
Liked it more for noseslides, nollie/switch heels and stuff like that, but that could have totally been imagination.
Did not feel too much of diff in regards of the wheel base but I skated it with forged and before/after i skated with cast plates.
Tried cast again after buying the forged and the flick felt instantly better on kickflips due to weight. Can't rememver if I already switched when I was still skating the owlien.
So make with that what you want.
360 flips felt different. Not worse just different. While on the dlx tt i focus more on the straigt pop down, I focused more on scooping.
On the dlx it happens from time to time, that I miss the pop on a tre and it does that strange wiggling between your legs. On the owlien I missed some by underrotating.
Take all that with a grain of salt. I skated the owlien like 2-3 Month ago.
After all i mainly skate the twin tails because of the fact that one does not have to check the direction of the board and I can skate them for ages because of that as well. So I skate them because of the shape and not because of the shape if that does make any sense.

No….no that didn’t make any sense….at all
You want some queso?”