Author Topic: SF (avenues)  (Read 2316 times)

banksandledges

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
SF (avenues)
« on: October 21, 2019, 08:24:25 AM »
Hey Pals. Headed to SF tomorrow for a few days. I’ve been there a handful of times before but I’ve never ventured out to bomb some of the more mellow hills in the avenues. If anyone could let me know some good routes it would be very much appreciated. Thanks

themanwhomakes

• Rep: -5
Re: SF (avenues)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 11:27:53 AM »
Start at Fort Miley\Lands End. You can park in the lot for free for 4 hours or take a bus pretty close. Walk around the trails a bit, admire the beauty, and skate the top and bottom parts of Miley to warm up your legs.  Get an app like Skate Savant, pick out spots that you'd want to check out and base your travel path around this. There's really no wrong answer. I tend to just start at Clement St. then work my way down and up the hills that look interesting.
One post in and he's threatening pro skaters with violence over their shitty bands. Best first post ever?

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 12:02:53 PM »
Thank you much kind sir. I’ve been to Miley few times and hit a few of the hills that lead towards north beach. Gonna keep exploring. Again thanks for the assist.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
    • swarm life avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 02:22:19 PM »
Irving is a mellow recently repaved hill starting around 34th avenue. It's beginner friendly.

Lawton headed west towards the beach is medium speed hill. The top is at 33rd avenue.  Not sure how fast you skate, but once the light hits red at Sunset count to 10 and you should make it. Or just watch it for a few cycles and judge how much time you need to give yourself.

Quintara is the fastest in the Outer Sunset and is mostly 4 way stops at the intersections where you will be going the fastest. Don't blast 2 ways without a look out. That's skateboarding's version of Russian roulette. 15th and Quintara is 1 block of steepness. You can hike up higher if you feel like it.

The longest hills in the Sunset all head west towards the ocean.

Balboa in the Outer Richmond is really fun.

If are going to Miley, this is a fun / fast hill with manual pads every block for the first half. Just gotta be careful at  the 2nd half passing the cliff house. Cars regularly back out of the parking spots and won't see you coming.

https://goo.gl/maps/fkgbPd7wgC4i4nEi8

I had a map of all of these routes, but can't find it at the moment.

themanwhomakes

• Rep: -5
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 08:17:58 PM »
TKP know's whats up. I would definitely be interested in that map if you'd care to share.
One post in and he's threatening pro skaters with violence over their shitty bands. Best first post ever?

Analisi

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 10:01:24 PM »
TKP's route of bombing Point Lobos ave by Cliff House is gnarly. On top of the cars not seeing you, that hill is massive and the first time I went down it, I thought I was gonna speed wobble and eat shit. So much fun but really scary especially once you pick up speed. there are a few videos of GX dudes going down that hill and they make it look easy but damn was it terrifying for a first-timer like me when I went. AKA, I'm going back soon for another run.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 02:25:33 AM »
Cliff house is a fun one. If you bomb it you can backtrack a bit, go up Balboa Street, and bomb that hill back towards the beach. It'll practically be two bombs for the price of one

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 04:12:15 AM »
Thanks everyone. Taking off soon. Maybe I’ll catch some Pals at Miley today.

thebacker

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 11:58:39 AM »
that cliff bomb is REALLY fucked up

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 08:34:05 AM »
I'm working on a new version of my map using Google Earth. Each route includes notes. Still need to figure out a way to share it.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 10:59:07 AM »
That’s so sick tkp. I’m heading to Waller ledges to warm up around 1 then mash from there if any pals are trying to join up and skate. Thanks everyone for the help

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 10:19:47 PM »
I'm working on a new version of my map using Google Earth. Each route includes notes. Still need to figure out a way to share it.

screenshot justlike you did and put it in a google doc w/ your notes. maybe annotate the map too.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2019, 10:42:36 AM »

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2019, 11:58:23 AM »
Just wanted to say SF is one of my all time favorite cities to skate and the Cliff bomb was sooo fun.