Author Topic: Hip Hop Thread  (Read 640204 times)

steenz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
Re: Hip Hop Thread
« Reply #1830 on: September 15, 2013, 08:25:27 AM »
Is it still the cool thing to hate Drake for no reason? "Nothing Was The Same" will be incredible.

If you claim you disliked this performance/song you're probably just lying to yourself, honestly.

wow this is great

steenz

« Reply #1831 on: September 15, 2013, 08:29:47 AM »
This dude wrote on my Myspace page once. Use your head for more than a hatrack before I choose to use the led to fuck up your hat back.

true garbage right here. like why does almost all underground rap sound the same

malcyvelli

« Reply #1832 on: September 15, 2013, 10:41:39 PM »
The Drake track wasn't too bad, I actually thought the featured guy couldn't sing that well, at least well enough to be  live for that shit

I fucks with it

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1833 on: September 15, 2013, 11:47:18 PM »
Expand Quote
This dude wrote on my Myspace page once. Use your head for more than a hatrack before I choose to use the led to fuck up your hat back.

[close]
true garbage right here. like why does almost all underground rap sound the same

what don't you like about it?

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #1834 on: September 15, 2013, 11:50:53 PM »
been listening to this dude since he was on Degrassi and i'm hyped that he's brought back that old Room for Improvement/Comeback Season flow. he's also picked some bangers as far as beats go on this album. i don't get how so many people hate the guy (i know he does shit that's corny and sings on a lot of songs, but he really changed/influenced the sound of rap, r&b and pop music a few years ago. at least he found his own sound and ran with it.)

Drake - Nothing Was The Same

http://www.sharebeast.com/z9xdk3lv9wfv

http://uploaded.net/file/zl89uosy/www.NewAlbumReleases.net_Drake%20-%20Nothing%20Was%20The%20Same%20%282013%29.rar

Flatbush Zombies - Better Off Dead

http://www.datpiff.com/Flatbush-ZOMBiES-BetterOffDEAD-mixtape.531035.html

new Gooch features E-40, Young Scooter, Chief Keef and even fuckin Marilyn Manson on "Pussy Wet"

Gucci Mane - Diary of a Trap God

http://www.datpiff.com/Gucci-Mane-Diary-Of-A-Trap-God-mixtape.530763.html

AZ - Last of a Dying Breed 2

http://www.datpiff.com/AZ-Last-Of-A-Dying-Breed-Pt-II-LODB2-mixtape.525748.html

this recent Biggaveli tape has a bunch of new songs he recorded in jail

Max B - Return of the Wave

http://www.datpiff.com/Max-B-Return-Of-The-Wave-mixtape.528626.html
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 10:12:19 AM by smokecrack »

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1835 on: September 16, 2013, 06:00:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I get what you are saying for sure, but I don't think commercial success or relevance in the 'music industry' has anything to do with the King of NY thing, this is hiphop and he paid no dues in NY. The best rappers hardly got any recognition while their best shit came out. In my world critical or commercial success means nothing in this situation. Personally i think MC's like Nas and Rakim are better songwriters and a hell of a lot better MC's. He did a show here not too long ago - it was a show, and had nothing to do with mc'ing. Saw Nas not too long ago and he killed it in front of a crowd of only 300. I know Nas' or Rakims recent stuff hasn't gained the same popularity as Kendricks has, but that doesn't necessarily means that he is a better songwriter or MC. Regarding the never NY mc's - most of the responses were pretty weak, and I know Papoose is kinda.. you know.. but I actually enjoyed his response. And Mysonne and Los' too. Something intimidating about Mysonne.

Overall, I do think his verse was kinda taking the wrong way, and im really loving the competitive aspect of hiphop it kinda brought back. I have no respect for the King of NY claim however. He do seem kinda scared about the impact it had though:

"I?m way too wise and I?m way too polished to not get caught up in the hype of the media, but what I?m scared of is cats that?s not polished and they getting caught up in what they Twitter responses is saying. And what they?re homies around them saying and people gassing them up. And they try to take it to the next level."

But I do agree at some point though. No NY artist has shut him down really good, but that also has to do with them not being competitive in that way. I really like Bronson, but he said himself he would never be involved in any beef, Nas said he was over it too. I don't know if they could shut him down like people would expect them to though, but in my world they are better MC's.
[close]
I agree, but I think the Nas/Jay-Z beef shows that Nas would shut Kendrick down. Jay was pretty big at the time, and Nas just dumped all over him. If he wanted to, I bet Nas could do the same to Kendrick.
[close]
whoa. you really think nas won that beef? you're dreaming. takeover>ether all day and nas signed to jay's label after it was squashed. jay-z sold a million albums before it dropped, then it went gold in actual sales the first week. nas's newest album has still yet to even go gold at all. i know you guys are on some idealist shit about rap, but there's a reason it's called the "rap game." there are winners and losers in this shit. i'm not trying to shit on nas, but the fact is he's clearly only relevant to his preexisting fans now. how could he have won the beef when jay-z's career has only gotten bigger since then, while nas's has only gotten smaller? it's obvious that jay ethered ;) nas.

and the fact that rap is a game is precisely why kendrick is the best out right now. he's the most critically and commercially successful rapper right now, and yes, you need both to make that claim. rap music is so huge right now that you can't compare this era to that of rakim and early nas, when it was a little farfetched to have mainstream aspirations. now you've got jay-z selling a million copies of his album before it is released. has that ever happened to an artist from any other genre? safe to say that if you're a great rap artist, you'll be a successful artist. and no, having great bars does not make you a great rap artist, just a great rapper. some dudes just can't translate their cypher skills into great music.
I disagree, Ether over Takeover. Jay may have blown up more since then but when it comes to music, Nas won.

EDIT: And if you go line for line with disses, Nas completely shat all over Jay. No question.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 06:14:57 AM by okdad »
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

thugnificent

« Reply #1836 on: September 16, 2013, 06:47:23 AM »
lol ether is the most overrated diss of all time

and he married kelis to top it all off

steenz

« Reply #1837 on: September 16, 2013, 06:49:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I used to have a friend who only listened to underground stuff like sean price and soul assassins n shit. and I would listen to the shit all day and couldn't help but notice they all have the same basic flow. idk maybe im regular but all that shit sounds the same to me

steenz

« Reply #1838 on: September 16, 2013, 07:00:27 AM »
btw that new Gucci is fuckin hard af. Also this lil duo called Audio Push from Fontana I think, released a free album like a week ago. its pretty good.
http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/audio-push-come-as-you-are-mixtape.95447.html

Will Easley

« Reply #1839 on: September 16, 2013, 07:26:49 AM »
Takeover was much more epic, had a WAYYYY better beat, & much more replay value. Ether was great because he really came at Jay with every bar, but unless you're Swiss beatz chillin in your Beamer, you're not gonna be sitting there like "damn man, lemme bump that ether real quick." Like who the fuck puts ether in any type of playlist that isn't all rap disses? Honestly tho Supa Ugly was even better than ether in terms of flat-out offensive shit. "Me & the boy AI got more in common than just ballin & rhymin. get it? More in Carmen. I came in ya Bentley back seat, skeeted in ya Jeep, left condoms in the baby seat"

Best diss record ever is Game's 300 bars. Everyone's always gonna say ether & takeover cuz nowadays that's like the "correct" thing to say but fuck that. Ain't no way niggas can top a 18 minute diss record that has strong bars throughout the entire thing

malcyvelli

« Reply #1840 on: September 16, 2013, 08:34:15 AM »
been listening to this dude since he was on Degrassi and i'm hyped that he's brought back that old Room for Improvement/Comeback Season flow. he's also picked some bangers as far as beats go on this album. i don't get how so many people hate the guy (i know he does shit that's corny and sings on a lot of songs, but he really changed/influenced the sound of rap, r&b and pop music a few years ago. at least he found his own sound and ran with it.)

Drake - Nothing Was The Same

http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/40519460/file.html

http://www.sharebeast.com/z9xdk3lv9wfv

Flatbush Zombies - Better Off Dead

http://www.datpiff.com/Flatbush-ZOMBiES-BetterOffDEAD-mixtape.531035.html

new Gooch features E-40, Young Scooter, Chief Keef and even fuckin Marilyn Manson on "Pussy Wet"

Gucci Mane - Diary of a Trap God

http://www.datpiff.com/Gucci-Mane-Diary-Of-A-Trap-God-mixtape.530763.html

AZ - Last of a Dying Breed 2

http://www.datpiff.com/AZ-Last-Of-A-Dying-Breed-Pt-II-LODB2-mixtape.525748.html

this recent Biggaveli tape has a bunch of new songs he recorded in jail

Max B - Return of the Wave

http://www.datpiff.com/Max-B-Return-Of-The-Wave-mixtape.528626.html

I gotta be honest, I don't understand when people say Drake goes back to his Room for Improvement flows, people say that same shit EVERY album and they're pretty much wrong every time, especially on this most recent project, he reused retro flows and just used  the normal more recent ones

His material is just getting stale to me too because it's about hoes EVERY time like going on 5 years now, it's the same reasoning why people think jay z is boring because all he talks about it money and what can do with it, it doesn't get boring to me personally but I understand why other people think it does but drake is beating dead horse except now it's like been dead so it's decomposing and shit, if he doesn't switch the subject matter on the next one a bit more I can't guarantee I'm gonna care about his canuck ass much longer, album is still decent overall though 7.5/10 if you're a fan 10/10 if you're a groupie

And as for flatbush...wow...just wow, they made my ass a fan with this tape, I fucks with them for sure now

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1841 on: September 16, 2013, 02:57:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I used to have a friend who only listened to underground stuff like sean price and soul assassins n shit. and I would listen to the shit all day and couldn't help but notice they all have the same basic flow. idk maybe im regular but all that shit sounds the same to me

soul assasins are part of hiero, no? Sean's from Brooklyn. Don't see any similarities.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1842 on: September 16, 2013, 08:53:23 PM »
Takeover was much more epic, had a WAYYYY better beat, & much more replay value. Ether was great because he really came at Jay with every bar, but unless you're Swiss beatz chillin in your Beamer, you're not gonna be sitting there like "damn man, lemme bump that ether real quick." Like who the fuck puts ether in any type of playlist that isn't all rap disses? Honestly tho Supa Ugly was even better than ether in terms of flat-out offensive shit. "Me & the boy AI got more in common than just ballin & rhymin. get it? More in Carmen. I came in ya Bentley back seat, skeeted in ya Jeep, left condoms in the baby seat"

Best diss record ever is Game's 300 bars. Everyone's always gonna say ether & takeover cuz nowadays that's like the "correct" thing to say but fuck that. Ain't no way niggas can top a 18 minute diss record that has strong bars throughout the entire thing
that's what i'm saying, that dude hyping nas/ether is confusing bars with songwriting. you can have great bars and still have just an okay song. jay-z wrote a fire song that also dissed the fuck outta nas ("one hot album every ten year average"). nas just wrote an essay on why he doesn't fuck with jay-z and recorded it to a beat. ether has historical value but takeover has musical value, i still listen to that shit. great hook.

but game, nah. disses are only worthwhile if the person doesn't diss everyone. game is basically a troll.

dillanharp

« Reply #1843 on: September 16, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
Anyone have a link to that Trap Lord? The one a few pages back is obviously down. Thanks.

Will Easley

« Reply #1844 on: September 16, 2013, 09:28:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
that's what i'm saying, that dude hyping nas/ether is confusing bars with songwriting. you can have great bars and still have just an okay song. jay-z wrote a fire song that also dissed the fuck outta nas ("one hot album every ten year average"). nas just wrote an essay on why he doesn't fuck with jay-z and recorded it to a beat. ether has historical value but takeover has musical value, i still listen to that shit. great hook.

but game, nah. disses are only worthwhile if the person doesn't diss everyone. game is basically a troll.

i see what you're saying about the game dissing everyone but at the time there was legitimate beef between the two. it wasnt like a papoose vs kendrick situation where niggas was just dissing someone for no reason. both parties were going back n forth. I really liked this track 50 did against him tho

wigs

« Reply #1845 on: September 16, 2013, 10:04:05 PM »
new danny brown, can't wait for old, hands down my favorite rapper right now.

album teaser

« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 10:05:49 PM by wigs »

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #1846 on: September 17, 2013, 04:05:50 PM »
some nerdery
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

okdad

« Reply #1847 on: September 18, 2013, 06:50:43 AM »

This is one of my favorite diss tracks:

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #1848 on: September 18, 2013, 11:43:19 PM »
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1849 on: September 19, 2013, 12:44:20 AM »
cheesy.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhkOg4DYG53YX3u2ib

Got hilarious @ 3:08. Dude just over did it with the grandmaster flash quote and I had to turn it off.

Fake Tits

« Reply #1850 on: September 19, 2013, 02:05:12 AM »
The best diss record imo is Cam'ron ft Max B "you gotta love it"

1017diamond

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1851 on: September 19, 2013, 07:45:37 PM »
this and that whole esgn album is fire gangsta gibbs is killin it

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1852 on: September 20, 2013, 03:16:15 AM »

dillanharp

« Reply #1853 on: September 22, 2013, 05:10:45 PM »
The best diss record imo is Cam'ron ft Max B "you gotta love it"

Yes.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1854 on: September 22, 2013, 11:30:35 PM »
one of my favorite rap beefs is the cam'ron/50 cent feud, based purely on the video that started it:

and this hilarity:

CUURRRTISS!

50 and camron are some of the funniest personalities in rap. cam'ron made the conversation but 50 had some good one liners too, like "... but lloyd banks has more money than jim jones." 50's "back down" from get rich or die tryin might be my favorite diss record though, great production by dr. dre.

Fake Tits

« Reply #1855 on: September 23, 2013, 02:04:45 AM »
"How much did mobb sell!?!?!?!?"

Cam is god.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #1856 on: September 23, 2013, 07:21:23 PM »
Gibbs one of the hardest out lately.  Whole ESGN tape bodies

steenz

« Reply #1857 on: September 24, 2013, 09:01:13 AM »

Stonesthrowplease

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1858 on: September 24, 2013, 08:09:25 PM »
anybody that can post that madlib and gibbs ep that dropped today would be much apprieciated

okdad

« Reply #1859 on: September 27, 2013, 07:43:52 AM »
anybody that can post that madlib and gibbs ep that dropped today would be much apprieciated
http://www.rappcats.com/freddie-gibbs-madlib-deeper/