Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread - Australia and New Zealand  (Read 5946 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Sale Gear Thread - Australia and New Zealand
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2023, 07:47:20 AM »
^^ I always overlook shop boards,  the 8 has the dimensions I like

according to the woodshop thread  ;) and the brands listed for HLC
doesn't look like I've ever skated a deck from HLC woodshop

@Mbrimson88 have you come across many?

The only ones I know for sure are Plan B boards, of which I have seen quite a few and skated a couple just having a go on other people's setups, when they offered.

Decent wood, medium (some would say mellow) concave depending on what you are used to and good boards.

All the other sizes besides 8.75 are included in the 30% off too, so they come down to $55 or something.

Worth having a go at them anyway, I would think.

I have a couple of sets of Indy mids in the cart, also down to $55 a set, more just to have or put on setups, but there are quite a few extra good deals on OCD, especially in the sale section.

Straight from the listing:

OCD - Keys 8.0 Skateboard Deck

European Pro Wood
Made in Spain
Mellow Concave

WIDTH
LENGTH
WHEEL BASE

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Eric Dolphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2023, 07:22:01 AM »
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

JimmyFive

• Rep: 58
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2023, 05:23:27 AM »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2023, 03:47:28 PM »
Expand Quote

Thank you!

I wish I could find this in 11.5!

Is NZ the same as AU in that we never have half sizes?

I used to use a shoe stretcher in size 11 shoes just to get them a little more forgiving in the length, but I ended up with ingrown nails and other foot issues, so now just try more for the smaller size / fit in 12s but anything 11.5 just felt so good without having to do too much to them.

Besides the thin socks, shoe stretchers or whatever else for shoes that are too tight, then going to 12, where I now look for thicker socks, put in an extra but thin insole or use an extra tongue just to make the shoe fit better, finding a middle ground can sometimes be a pain.

JimmyFive

• Rep: 58
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2023, 06:26:59 PM »
Yes mate exactly the same... Half sizes are pretty rare here!

It is frustrating as hell because most 11.5 fit like a dream. I have paid the price by wearing too tight shoes and have tried stuffing and stretching to make 11's fit. I have been thinking of resorting to ordering NB and Emerica shoes in 11.5 through Amazon but even there stock can be scarce.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2023, 06:52:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thank you!

[close]

I used to use a shoe stretcher in size 11 shoes just to get them a little more forgiving in the length, but I ended up with ingrown nails and other foot issues, so now just try more for the smaller size / fit in 12s but anything 11.5 just felt so good without having to do too much to them.

Besides the thin socks, shoe stretchers or whatever else for shoes that are too tight, then going to 12, where I now look for thicker socks, put in an extra but thin insole or use an extra tongue just to make the shoe fit better, finding a middle ground can sometimes be a pain.
Some brands just don’t bring half sizes in, like vans and converse, but NB are pretty good. Often the local shops don’t order them tho so you gotta buy direct.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2023, 03:21:24 PM »

Nice!

I remember before the AU $$ tanked and things were easier, I used to get a lot of 11.5 size Vans from various online US retailers, going back ten to fifteen years or so.

Even between some brands, or just some styles, some ran big so I would get the 11s and some ran small so I would get 12s, but having to go try on everything and see what fit best was a pain, often when no one had stock to be able to try on anyway.

As you do, finding the right fit and then ordering online for the exact half size was the best way for a while, for sure.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1945
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2023, 07:39:48 PM »
https://www.surfstitch.com/skate/hardware/decks?srule=price-ascending&start=0&sz=100

40% off Dwindle decks at Surfstitch, under $60 with the discount for Blind and Enjoi decks
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2023, 02:33:51 PM »

Besides the Surfstitch 40% off birthday sale, I can't really see a lot going on for sales or discounts and it got me thinking things are tightening down a whole lot here in AU for overstock product, or everyone is just struggling a bit more, not as much money to go round, etc.

Ebay usually has a good number of $$ off or % off sales, of which I haven't seen any for a bit.  Ebay shops prices have been going up to closer to RRP as well, which is long overdue but sort of cuts off a source of "double discounts" when some shops would have 10% off and then add the ebay 15% to 20% off as well.

A lot of other places have random sales, but even things like City Beach current coupon of 25% off might be the best deal around right now, which says a lot for the state of sales in AU.

The only other one might be the standard / ongoing discounts on www.skateboard.com.au as per the header:

10% OFF WHEN YOU SPEND OVER $150 WITH DISCOUNT CODE 'CODE10', 15% OFF WHEN YOU SPEND OVER $300 WITH DISCOUNT CODE 'CODE15'.

https://www.skateboard.com.au/

Always a good amount of rad gear in there, as well as supporting Aussie skateboarding.

Not sure how many other places have some or all Dwindle product on clearance, but Skate Connection and Kick Push still have smaller % off quite often too.

That's about it for now though.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2023, 05:07:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thank you!

[close]

God this is my exact problem too.  Had to go 12s in NB 440s, would love half sizes

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2023, 04:20:57 PM »

I saw an email from Kick Push for remaining Dwindle stock, 3 decks for $110 - $130 with a ton in stock.  For shapes you like, getting three boards at $40 each is pretty good.

Seems like pretty much every size in there from small ones up to 9.0 wide as per the mailer attached below:

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2023, 06:37:28 PM »
If there’s any NB heads here, surf stitch is doing a 30% off sale atm.
You can get some 1010’s for $140 aud, quite a steal in my eyes. Decent colourways and heaps of sizes, tempted to grab the black gum pair.

https://www.surfstitch.com/new-balance-numeric-1010-black-gum-nm1010bc/196652870211.html

Rattus Localis

« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2023, 03:55:04 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with this site?

https://volcomoffers.vip/

Theyre doing a tonne of shit for 80 per cent off. Heaps of trousers, jackets, flannos etc for like 20 bucks a piece.

Was eyeing some stuff off last night and it said there was only four hours to go on the sale.

Checked it again this morning and it said 17 hours.

Seems a bit too good too good to be true as everything seems to be available in every size.... I'm a bit suspicious.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2023, 04:03:12 PM »

Theyre doing a tonne of shit for 80 per cent off. Heaps of trousers, jackets, flannos etc for like 20 bucks a piece.

Was eyeing some stuff off last night and it said there was only four hours to go on the sale.

Seems a bit too good too good to be true as everything seems to be available in every size.... I'm a bit suspicious.

I can't be certain, but it is a pretty safe bet that this site is a SCAM.

The real Volcom online store and their physical store locations can verify it.

There have been a significant number of scams like this recently, advertised through facebook and other online avenues which appear very real and look like a normal online clearance store only slightly different URL and then after payment is made, you are not provided with any other info and the site usually gets taken down after a bit, only to pop up again elsewhere (other country and host) to try it all over again.

They even have real listings and mirror the real sites and products, so it all seems very real, until you don't get what you paid for.

Rattus Localis

« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2023, 04:19:45 PM »
Fuck!

I knew it was too good to be true.

Thank you Sir Brimmo, doing God's work once again!

(I didn't buy anything thankfully).

EDIT: It was advertised via Instagram FYI.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2023, 04:24:32 PM »
Fuck!

I knew it was too good to be true.

Thank you Sir Brimmo, doing God's work once again!

(I didn't buy anything thankfully).

EDIT: It was advertised via Instagram FYI.

https://www.volcom.com.au/collections/outlet

That is their real Volcom brand site, with links to Instagram, facebook and others.

The scam site does not have links to those real accounts.

Also:

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/volcomlifestyle-com-scam/

One site that has the same stuff (scam)

The real one with a warning:

https://www.volcom.com.au/blogs/frequently-asked-questions/official-volcom-websites

Below is a list of OFFICIAL Volcom websites. If you come across a website with Volcom in the URL website address and it not in the list below, there is a better than good chance that the website is a scam website designed to get your credit card information. If you have placed an order on any website claiming to be a Volcom website that is not on in the list below, we recommend contacting your bank to dispute the transaction.

www.volcom.com.au   Australia
www.volcom.com   United States
www.volcom.ca   Canada
www.volcom.eu   Europe
www.volcom.fr   France
www.volcom.de   Germany, Austria
www.volcom.ch   Switzerland
www.volcom.es   Spain
www.volcom.co.uk   United Kingdom
www.volcom.jp   Japan
www.volcomkorea.com   Korea
www.volcom.co.id   Indonesia
www.volcom.com.br   Brazil
www.volcom.com.mx   Mexico
www.volcom.cl   Chile
www.volcom.pe   Peru

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2023, 02:46:08 PM »
You can get some 1010’s for $140 aud, quite a steal in my eyes. Decent colourways and heaps of sizes, tempted to grab the black gum pair.

https://www.surfstitch.com/new-balance-numeric-1010-black-gum-nm1010bc/196652870211.html

Surfstitch spams the absolute shit out of me, but I just got an "EXTRA20" Promo Code also gets you an additional 20% discount, including Sale items - pretty mad deals to be had.  Their shipping is quick and cheap af as well

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2023, 04:08:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Surfstitch spams the absolute shit out of me, but I just got an "EXTRA20" Promo Code also gets you an additional 20% discount, including Sale items - pretty mad deals to be had.  Their shipping is quick and cheap af as well

They just put up an even bigger up to 50% off discount, which means that some things come down even more in price, eg

Spitfire Conical Full 99 duro in 54mm or 56mm now $50.40

Thunder trucks pair (sold as singles) in good sizes down to $45 a set / $22.50 each for 149s, $31 each for 148s

Quite a bit of other stuff I am not really interested in, but still good deals on parts, clothes, shoes, etc.

Brown Dickies 874 down to $45 a pair, all sizes 28 through to 38.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2023, 11:50:07 AM »
Pavement in NZ has some stuff on sale that usually never gets reduced around here.
Spitfire f4’s and Bones super swiss for 30% off
https://pavement.co.nz/collections/skate/products/boonessuperswiss6ballbearings

Edit: must be 30% off almost everything, just spotted the Nb Tom Knox on there for $125
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 03:58:05 PM by TracersOnlyfans »

mendo

• Rep: 13
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2023, 04:35:15 PM »
Pavement in NZ has some stuff on sale that usually never gets reduced around here.

Edit: must be 30% off almost everything, just spotted the Nb Tom Knox on there for $125

Yeh not bad, dont need any actual skateboard shit but just grabbed the cement butter x fantasia hoodie for 30% off, can't complain

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2023, 05:18:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeh not bad, dont need any actual skateboard shit but just grabbed the cement butter x fantasia hoodie for 30% off, can't complain
Nice. Yeah rare to see recent released product at that discount

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 177
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2023, 03:06:20 AM »
Momentum in perth has a “buy one board get one free” deal going on. Only on selected boards and it’s pretty limited but hey someone might be able to get a deal.

I had a quick sus of it and if you add two boards from the sale selection it’ll half both board prices in your cart.
https://momentumskate.com.au/collections/sale-decks

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2023, 04:17:40 PM »
OCD has 40% off Sale at the moment - sets of wheels for $11.5 which is ridiculous.

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/collections/sale?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuJus3-fYggMV2pVLBR2GgQOQEAAYASABEgKib_D_BwE

They're a great local shop, just grabbed a set of OJ's to try out.

fergus

« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2023, 04:39:27 PM »
https://www.passportal.com/collections/archive-sale-pass-port

If anyones into passport boards I was browsing their website and noticed they have quite a few on sale. Plenty of variety size wise.

I imagine a bunch of shops will be posting their BF sales very soon so plenty of discounts ahead.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2023, 05:31:15 PM »
Shout out mark Brimson for pointing out a $30 enjoi deck for me.

Good man
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 05:01:41 PM by Paco Supreme »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2023, 03:08:57 PM »

Sales really starting to come thick and fast.

As Asian Vegan said, that OCD 40% off sale is pretty good, some things below wholesale...

Indy mids $47 a set, if you are willing to take the plunge.

A few others having decent sales too, but I am yet to really check through everything.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2023, 03:17:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can't be certain, but it is a pretty safe bet that this site is a SCAM.

The real Volcom online store and their physical store locations can verify it.

There have been a significant number of scams like this recently, advertised through facebook and other online avenues which appear very real and look like a normal online clearance store only slightly different URL and then after payment is made, you are not provided with any other info and the site usually gets taken down after a bit, only to pop up again elsewhere (other country and host) to try it all over again.

They even have real listings and mirror the real sites and products, so it all seems very real, until you don't get what you paid for.
Dude, I'm impressed how easy is too make people here fall for phishing... I'll come up with sites like primitivskateboarding.com or dcshoeusa.com
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2023, 04:16:38 AM »
Shout out mark Brimson for pointing out a $30 enjoi deck for me.

Good man

I do love me a pink stain blank.

I need to track down more of these pink Enjoi boards

When I saw this and thought "I just saw one of those..." it was an easy connection to make.

Hopefully it is good, in stock, no issues or whatever else.

They often tend to refund first and ask questions second with some decks I had bought on clearance before, having slight scuffs or whatever, which would not affect the performance of the board whatsoever.

fergus

« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2023, 03:27:40 PM »
https://www.beyondskate.com.au/

Minimum 20% off all weekend