Author Topic: kader of baker  (Read 205609 times)

BALARGUE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
Re: kader of baker
« Reply #1470 on: May 23, 2023, 08:43:06 AM »
Don't act like he wasn't really promising when he was a grom
it just didn't come through

being a slacker is common on Supreme

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #1471 on: May 23, 2023, 08:48:24 AM »
I've been knowing kader was overhyped and Zach Allen was underrated since day one. People just love agreeing with each other just to fit in.

At day 1, Zach Allen sucked. He only recently blossomed into the dope ass dude he is now but he was underwhelming for a while. Don't act like you have superior taste in this situation

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1472 on: May 23, 2023, 02:04:20 PM »

I get we all want Kader to produce but some of yall act like being able to back smith front 180 out of a table multiple times with ease is some run of the mill type shit. Lol at Zach being better than Kader.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1332
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1473 on: May 23, 2023, 03:55:42 PM »

I get we all want Kader to produce but some of yall act like being able to back smith front 180 out of a table multiple times with ease is some run of the mill type shit. Lol at Zach being better than Kader.
I love the back smith kickflip out on the table in his Baker 4 part
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

#switchgod

• Rep: -94
  • One love.
« Reply #1474 on: May 23, 2023, 05:10:19 PM »
Expand Quote
It happens, Jeremy Rodgers was a similar case where the ego gets a little crazy, they make some money and the skills don’t evolve.
Kader will keep people interested and produce more basic clips of flip tricks down sets and maybe there will be a generation it resonates with.
Or maybe all the kids that love him now will fade away and he will have to actually reinvent himself to keep the contracts going.
If you sell product the brands will keep knocking on your door. Some keep it going, others are fleeting.
Part of the reason he has had success is because of how Baker/Reynolds showcased him in their videos.
[close]

Isn't that a majority of the reason for his success? Would he have had the same level of success and hype if he hadn't been Reynolds 2010's protégé?

That was the whole reason. Supreme + Reynolds stamps of approval and everyone fell in line. And for the record Jereme Rogers was way, way better than Kader. And 20 years has passed lol.

slicktricks

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1475 on: May 24, 2023, 12:23:51 AM »
kader spits hot fire

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #1476 on: May 24, 2023, 12:53:31 AM »

Oh yeah, now that he's... lemme check... 20 fucking years old he's totally over the hill. No way to improve after your teenage years in modern skateboarding, that would be completely unheard of.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1477 on: May 24, 2023, 01:19:28 AM »
you're right
i meant it didn't come through yet or as fast as expected

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1478 on: May 24, 2023, 04:06:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh yeah, now that he's... lemme check... 20 fucking years old he's totally over the hill. No way to improve after your teenage years in modern skateboarding, that would be completely unheard of.

Right... How did that go for Nick Trapasso?

Left toy machine at height of his career + had his own converse shoe, eeriely similar to Kader.

Going with Fat Bill over the Boss tells me everything I need to know about his future.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #1479 on: May 24, 2023, 04:36:22 AM »
^Fair enough. I think it's in bounds to say you would've expected/ wished for more output already. Lots of people ITT (not you personally) depicted him as a certain goner though, and that's just bullshit.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #1480 on: May 24, 2023, 04:45:54 AM »
why come kader had no pics in violet feature of last thrasher?  I suspect and hope bill saving all this powder for a nice welcome to part.

With me it’s not what you do but how you do it and Kader has one of the sickest styles out right now

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1481 on: May 24, 2023, 05:00:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It happens, Jeremy Rodgers was a similar case where the ego gets a little crazy, they make some money and the skills don’t evolve.
Kader will keep people interested and produce more basic clips of flip tricks down sets and maybe there will be a generation it resonates with.
Or maybe all the kids that love him now will fade away and he will have to actually reinvent himself to keep the contracts going.
If you sell product the brands will keep knocking on your door. Some keep it going, others are fleeting.
Part of the reason he has had success is because of how Baker/Reynolds showcased him in their videos.
[close]

Isn't that a majority of the reason for his success? Would he have had the same level of success and hype if he hadn't been Reynolds 2010's protégé?
[close]

That was the whole reason. Supreme + Reynolds stamps of approval and everyone fell in line. And for the record Jereme Rogers was way, way better than Kader. And 20 years has passed lol.

facts sherm had some skills

kader gotta put out an epic part to justify the hype and please the true skate rats. he is certainly capable. would much rather see something filmed and edited by the boss but it is what it is. cant even rewatch the fatbill edits they are too hard on the eyes.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1482 on: May 24, 2023, 06:12:38 AM »

this one still slaps, Kader is the best
check my music

standfast

• Rep: 19
« Reply #1483 on: May 24, 2023, 06:50:57 AM »

This Kader part from last year is incredible.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #1484 on: May 24, 2023, 07:03:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yep..this. He got a lot of hype after Dime glory challeng contest too.

But man, his part in Baker 4 is weak. He definitely is not in the all time greats level.

Baker 4 in general was weak. Some parts stood out like Baca but for the most part the way it was edited and filmed was extremely underwhelming. I think those solo parts he put out have been his best stuff. I can see why people think Kader's fried but it ain't like he announced retirement from skating to rapping so the Jereme comparison feels like a stretch.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -215
« Reply #1485 on: May 24, 2023, 07:06:04 AM »
^Fair enough. I think it's in bounds to say you would've expected/ wished for more output already. Lots of people ITT (not you personally) depicted him as a certain goner though, and that's just bullshit.

he's not a goner but every dude on the all-time list was a balls out skate rat when they were 20, and we've seen an endless list of talented pros who got a little shine and then fizzled out. all of the sponsor hopping has shown kader doesn't have any real commitment to anything, so now we'll see if he's actually committed to skateboarding or if he just got lucky by having andrew take him under his wing at such a young age.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1486 on: May 24, 2023, 07:37:26 AM »

He's definitely one of the most handsome pros out. What a little hunk

I wish I was his dad. I'd be like Kader save the planet and skating go now onto the night make mad babies son.

I don't wanna see you again till I'm a grandma
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #1487 on: May 24, 2023, 07:44:22 AM »
Kader is the shit he gonna be alright y’all some worryworts

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #1488 on: May 24, 2023, 08:00:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he's not a goner but every dude on the all-time list was a balls out skate rat when they were 20, and we've seen an endless list of talented pros who got a little shine and then fizzled out. all of the sponsor hopping has shown kader doesn't have any real commitment to anything, so now we'll see if he's actually committed to skateboarding or if he just got lucky by having andrew take him under his wing at such a young age.

People take time to put parts out. That kaderadidas part was March 2022. Not that long ago if he's working on something big.

Using sponsor hopping as a reason to say he doesn't care is some corporate bootlicker shit too. As soon as companies have bad quarters like Vans people get dropped.

fastlane

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1489 on: May 24, 2023, 08:18:58 AM »
If Kader was leaving Baker and starting his own brand with his peers I think Reynolds would genuinely be excited. But he's not. He's just jumping ship to another brand run and curated by a man in his 40's that's been around the skate industry for 25 years. The most exciting changes in skating come when up-and-coming pros go out on their own and create their own brands; Girl, Baker, Toy Machine, Zero, Workshop...King?

wilog

• Rep: -23
« Reply #1490 on: May 24, 2023, 08:27:46 AM »

slap told me a fell off, ohhhh i needed that

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -215
« Reply #1491 on: May 24, 2023, 08:33:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

People take time to put parts out. That kaderadidas part was March 2022. Not that long ago if he's working on something big.

Using sponsor hopping as a reason to say he doesn't care is some corporate bootlicker shit too. As soon as companies have bad quarters like Vans people get dropped.

i don't give a single fuck about the corporations, moron. somehow every other pro can find companies they are down to ride for and stick with for a decent length of time, but i guess smoking yourself into retardation at a young age might make that harder.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #1492 on: May 24, 2023, 08:44:05 AM »

in the big ass headphones too on some ellington shit

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1493 on: May 24, 2023, 08:48:27 AM »

Long lens zooms face and few clips per year in an edit with a lot of woman walking and kids rolling weed.

I rather see him in Beagle lens working hard in real full parts.
Miss you Rusty Berings

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1494 on: May 24, 2023, 08:49:00 AM »
Supreme Korea vid dropping soon LFG

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1087
« Reply #1495 on: May 24, 2023, 08:57:58 AM »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1496 on: May 24, 2023, 09:43:05 AM »
Imagine dropping that adidas video at age 19 and one year later people saying u blowing it big time and u fell off - hasent Reynolds switched shoe sponsers in last few years just as much as kader?
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1497 on: May 24, 2023, 09:52:45 AM »
Imagine dropping that adidas video at age 19 and one year later people saying u blowing it big time and u fell off - hasent Reynolds switched shoe sponsers in last few years just as much as kader?

People’s been saying kader hasnt lived up to the hype for more than a year. At this point grown kader don’t live up to the hype little kid kader and Reynolds made people believe he would. Get the money kader but to think he’s killing it and isn’t blowing it or not living up to potential he showed is just blind dick riding

Also imagine comparing kader to Reynolds.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 10:09:06 AM by Murge »

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 118
« Reply #1498 on: May 24, 2023, 10:01:58 AM »
There was an interview a year ago where he said he should probably smoke less weed, so he’s kind of self aware.

But in a world where board sponsors matter less and less, being backed by Baker still means a lot and I wouldn’t leave them but what do I know I’m not a doctor or an astrologist.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1499 on: May 24, 2023, 10:16:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i don't give a single fuck about the corporations, moron. somehow every other pro can find companies they are down to ride for and stick with for a decent length of time, but i guess smoking yourself into retardation at a young age might make that harder.

for me its crazy like how the boss knows how to pick them.  and by "pick them", I mean of course, picking people who will  abuse substances.  for me its crazy like how the boss thought signing a 14 year old would guarantee him a life-long contract to ride for baker.  for me its crazy like cause ill assume kader was a virgin at 14, what if he got some ass or pussy for the first time and realized he didnt like skating anymore?   for me its crazy like to expect a 14 year old to not change or be into different and new things as they grow older.  for me its crazy like if @backside_reacharound was the same person they were at 14 as they were at 16, 18, and 21.